𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓣𝓪𝓵𝓮 𝓞𝓯 𝓣𝓱𝓮 �...

By thatnotcat

In the setting of 2008, Jessica "Jesse" Oswalt, returns to the fictional city of Beacontown as the one of the... More

Character Info
Prologue: Break Out
Chapter 1: Jesse
Chapter 2: What a Steal
Chapter 3: Mystery Madwoman
Chapter 4: Old Friend
Chapter 5: The Vamp's Invitation
Chapter 6: No Wasted Chance
Chapter 7: Lecture from Dead Brother, Spare me Another
Chapter 8: Shattered to Humiliation
Chapter 9: Devil on Wheels
Chapter 10: Bastards from the Other Side
Chapter 11: Hurt
Chapter 12: Little Miss Mischeif
Chapter 13: Rules of our own
Thx for the fanart!!! - 🖤
Chapter 14: Reasons
Chapter 16: Bippity Boppity Boo Bitch
Chapter 17: When Whxres Heist
Chapter 18: Cinderella
Chapter 20: 20
Chapter 21: The One That Got Away...Again
Chapter 22: House Arrest (some Lime)
More Fanarts🖤🖤

Chapter 15: Death for Debts

148 4 4
By thatnotcat

Flashback to Chapter 10:

Northside of Beacontown - Golden Apple Club - VIP Lounge

Jesse's POV

The perks of walking into an enemy's territory is usually waiting for the opportunity strike when you get the chance, but it always requires a plan to do so, and maybe found out what their plans are.

The thing about fat, rich, businessmen, or in this case, old bastards in crime mobs, they love to shower themselves with their own pride. Sports cars, money, body counts, strippers and private jets, they have it all! Now that I think about it, they're all just trophies. Trophies are all just for show to make people believe what they're capable of. Add a fear factor to their status, get everyone to treat 'em like kings, blah blah blah, basically infamous local celebrities from the underworld.

Besides watching those cocksuckers laughing over something I didn't even care to bother, that is, until they discussed their plan of take over my childhood home...South side....With Magnus gone, who's going to stop them? Not me, I've already had enough of getting involved with the mafia! Just let me fucking live my life already!

Not able to pay for the debt is one thing, but one by one, threaten any gang member who worked with Magnus, putting them under pressure to expand their new shady business on South side, and eventually the entire Beacontown, which is giving me an unfortunate déjà vu...

However, what really struck me, was that the owner of the Golden Apple Club was offered a deal. A deal involving a briefcase full of spoils in exchange for letting them do their illegal smuggling within the building as their new trading spot, as long as the owner doesn't tattletale, obviously. Stupidly, he accepted it, but I'm not surprised. Who wouldn't want that much cash anyway?

Hector, I'm guessing the capo of the gang, informed him that he will be given like over $150,000 on the first day they'll make their trade, right here.

Huh...Well helloooo opportunity.

End of Flashback from Chapter 10

~

Jesse's Apartment

Petra's POV

I heavily sighed as I placed a huge silver briefcase on her bed. I watched as Jesse opened it and she awed as she unveiled a case full of mosty edge and bladed weapons, guns, firing devices, grips, and bullets of all kinds, lethal and non-lethal ones.

"You could've sell them when you stopped your lil bounty business!" Said Jesse as she grabbed one of the blades, speculating it.

I shrugged in response, "I thought about it, in case this bar business doesn't work well, there are other options. Besides, they were my father's before he died. He may be a famous thief but there are assholes out there who were jealous of him, everything he had that built his reputation."

"Everybody wants to be famous nowadays." Jesse jokingly said as she was checking out the other weapons one by one.

However, I'm curious if she had any experience using them, hopefully it's nothing serious as mass murder, "Soo Jesse....have you ever...um...Do you know how any of these works?" The green-eyed girl grinned at me, "Petra, dear, for the past 6 years, I've probably done the same thing that you used to do for the sake of money. The only difference, I've done a hell lotta worse, at least at 2 countries. Of course, I couldn't have done it alone..."

"You were in a mafia gang?!" I mouthed upon her response.

She lightly chuckled, "Small family. We're all badass, like Charlie's Angels, except, we're not angels since we used to commit a lot of crimes, killed a lot of people who were in a rival mafia, you know, a lot of fucked up stuff like Southside, except it was beautiful..."

"If your older brother was here right now...No, this is exactly why he has every right to worry about you since you're all he's ever left!"

The girl looked down in dejection, noticably filled with hurt and guilt, looking back for what her late brother feared of she became.

Shit...I didn't mean to hurt her...

I placed my hand on her shoulder to reassure her, "But he would be super lucky and proud to have his little sister a badass as him." Upon those words, we both lifted up our smiles, remembering him, forgetting all our worries.

~

Time Pass

Northside of Beacontown - Community College Outside Entrance

Olivia's POV

Ugh, 27 missed calls, 14 unread messages, what the hell is Axel up to? He better not be overdrinking again...

I know he's been moody ever since he's unable to pay his raised debt but when Petra mentioned a "mob gang", knowing that South siders who couldn't pay their debts off, matter of fact, I don't even WANT to think what's gonna happen to Axel. However, there's this strong feeling that I should do something to help him out.

I know it's crazy helping your drug-dealer boyfriend out to save him from debt, and I'm willing to do anything crazy if it means that way!

But how? Maybe if I could ask my da-

No. I couldn't. He wouldn't.

Matter of fact, he had already lost his shit and I don't want to make it any more worse than he had!

Anyways, I was waiting a ride from Jesse, who's supposed to drive me to her apartment. Hopefully Axel's holding up alright. Oh, who am I kidding? He ain't! I could use a beer right right now...

"Heyyy beautiful~" I rapidly turn my head to where the voice is coming from. There I saw a guy around my age, presuming that he's a college student too, seeing him grin and raising his brow at my direction. I looked around to find no one giving their gesture or any sign in response. "I'm talking to you sweetheart, the one with the glasses!" My heart sanked as I figured he was indeed, trying to get my attention.

"What's a pretty girl like you standing all alone here?" He said as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

Behind him from the distance, I noticed there were a couple of guys quietly high-fiving to each other, snickering, who I assume that they're his friends, siliently cheering him on. Of course, I'm not surprised that these types of guys are usually the ones who ask you out only for some crappy bet.

"Uh...actually I'm waiting for someone." I responded.

The guy sucked his teeth as he pulled me closer to him, "How about you and I can hook up for tonight? Just the two of us!" He said in his lame seductive voice.

I kept my calm and just lightly chuckled as I pull away from him, smiled, "I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend!" He guffawed as he looked as his friends, joining him, "Yeah right! That's the same excuse we heard from every girl we tried to rizz up with! But don't worry, I'll be gentle with you~"

I wish Axel was here...

Luckily saved by the bell, or at least a loud honk, we turned to our side to find my best friend on her red old school Chevrolet Impala pulling up in front of us that caught most of the people on campus attention in awe.

"Livieeeee~" Called Jesse, smiling from afar.

The guy who flirted me, wolf-whistled as he scanned her, "Now WHO is that fine babe?"

I happily ran to her Chevrolet and sat next to her, panting for a bit. Jesse noticed with her brow raising up at me, "Whoa Liv, I know you're happy to see me but are these jocks bothering you?" I sighed in relief, "I'm just glad you're there to save me."

"It's what best friends are for, right?" She said before notice the guy, behind me checking the both of us out. She smirked evilly then whispered to my ear. I widened my eyes after hearing her little devious plan she had in her mind, but nonetheless I grinned and nodded.

Jesse leaned over to get a clear view of this guy and his friends and motioned him to come over. He rubbed his hands together before slicking his hair back on his way walking towards the front driver seat outside of her car. I watched as she gave him a friendly smile, "So...you and the boys tryna hook up?"

"If you girls are free for tonight, maybe we could~"

"How about you join us for a bit? We could take you to my place~"

He let out some sort of his victorious grin, "Hell yea!"

She then motioned him to get in the passenger seat, but he couldn't get it to open. He looked at her and asked, "Uhh...can you unlock this door?"

"Oops....my bad!" She pressed on one of the switches, and a clicking sound was heard after. His excitement only lasted short until he still can't open it. He turn to find us snickering which fueled his impatience and start shout in realization, "What the hell?!"

"Sorrrryyyyy" Said Jesse in her child-like tone as she pressed on one of the switches to fold down the roof.

We both looked at him for a few moment and smirked evilly before Jesse and I locked into each others' face, leaning in, having my lips made contact with hers. Letting each her smooth lips roam on mines as I allow mine to do the same with hers. We were getting some quite reaction from him and his crew, and it was too funny to see the face they made when their jaws dropped, speechless, watching us performing our little "make-out" session!

Me and Jess giggled, taking a glance at their reaction before she set her gearshift to "Drive", quickly droving us off away from the campus, leaving the guys dumbfounded covered in smoke. We pulled off from each other and cackled out loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Did you see that boy's face?!" I said, couldn't contain my laughter.

"It looks like he never seen two hot, attractive, pretty girls in town kissing!" She said proudly as she flipped her hair.

"That bastard thought he had a chance with me! Well no way José! Not today! And he wonders why no girls wanna get with him and his stinkin' ass! Don't nobody wanna be with them Wackshit Boys!"

Just like that, Jesse bursted out laughing again as she banged her hand on the front panel.

Believe or not, this wasn't the first time we ever kissed, yet we were each other's first kiss! Crazy isn't it? When we were 13, we had a sleepover at my house, just doing girl things, kiss and makeup, dance around, pillow fights, and checking out celebreties and fashion from magazines. Boys. When it comes with boys, things get a little tense around that topic. We'd even talk about our type, fantasizing our dream crush, even as far as pretending to have our own wedding. Yup...Good times...

"How's Axel's holding up?" I asked out of concern.

She sighed, as I watch her smile faded, "That's why we gotta see him..."

~

Time Pass

Empty Room, Jesse's Apartment, Southside of Beacontown

As expected, big boi's shutting himself out, not saying nothing after we knock on the door. He even locked himself up no so one would bother him. Pffttt...Typical Axel. "You sure he's in this room?" I questioned.

She reassured, banging on the door twice, "Well one, Petra complained why the liquor case is almost empty. Two, she told us he keeps coming in and out whenever he feels like getting another drink. And three, knowing him, he's a lot messier than my own brother, plus you could even smell from this room.

"Call me crazy, but it's one of the things I love about him, hehe!" I quietly giggled, and she chuckled in response. Then she placed her finger over her lips, signaling me to be quiet, in her last attempt to get Axel to open the door.

"Axel...honey? Let us in...It's Jesse and Livie! We just wanna check up on you!"

Just only a few seconds of silience...

Nothing.

"Oh well! Guess he's not answering then!" Huffed Jesse, suddenly sounding lively, putting her hand on her hips, having her chesire smile stretched across her face.

"So we just gonna leave him there?"

"Nope."

I jumped a little when I suddenly heard a wood crashing in front of me. It was because Jesse kicked the door down, which surprised me!

I looked at the door first, and then to her, who was checking out one of her boots she used to kick to check for any stains or scratches. "I didn't know you could do that!"

Jesse shrugged, scanning the area, "I didn't either, but then again, that door's old, another reason why my brother had us moved out of this side. Now where's your drug-dealing Prince?"

We cringed upon seeing the room's cluttered with bottle liquor and alchol, stuffing from couches and mattress, weeds, drugs, marijuanna, cigars, a whole ass mess everywhere!

"Oh HELL no!" I shouted in agigation as I spotted Axel laying flat upwards in front of the toliet, having the bathroom door left open. We both ran to his body only to find that he's out cold, with a half-empty bottle beer in his hand, while surronded by every other glass bottle I pressume how much he already dranked.

I lifted one of his wrist to check his pulse to make sure he's only knocked out.

Thank god he's still alive.

Meanwhile, Jesse is gently shaking him, cooing "Wakey wakey sleepyhead~" Then she proceed to lean down to his ear, "WAKE THE FUCK UP YOU OVERGROWN SLEEPING BEAUTY!"

He didn't seem to react.

"Let me try," I leaned on to his ear and shouted, "WAKE UP YOU LAZY FAT BASTARD!"

...

Still nothing!

However, a crazy random idea came up to my head.

"What have you got in mind Livie?" Asked Jesse.

~

About half an hour later

We both carried him all the way to Jesse's room. I wasn't shocked by the fact that he's heavy but we managed to lift him off until we plopped him on her bed. She and I looked at each other, sending our evil smirks before taking off his shoes and his jacket only and throwing them somewhere to the ground.

Then I went over to lift his head while Jesse goes to hold on to his legs. We then carry him to the bathroom and stopped once we were standing at the bathhub full of water. I watch as Jesse steadily begin nodding her head as she mouthed her words,

"1...

2...

3..."

SPLASH!

"AHHHH FUCK!" His screams, shouts and splashings sounds were heard from his sudden panic and we immidately sprinted out of the bathroom before he could get up from his tub.

We giggled out loud and fell ourselves down to the couch, but we couldn't stop laughing! We heard heavy footsteps coming towards us and there, we see grouchy Axel all soaking wet, stood there, staring at us, who seemed to be pissed.

"Shit ain't funny! Now you ruined my new outfit fool!" He fussed as he quickly took his shirt off and threw it somewhere on the floor.

"That's for not picking up your damn cellphone or reply to my text messages!" I sassed, crossing my arms.

"That was fun! Let's do it again!" Jesse giddied.

Axel rolled his eyes and turn his head around, realizing he's in Jesse's place, "Damn...what happened? Did I sleep here?"
She shooked her head as she went to pat his back, "You've gone a little night-night after you stole most of Petra's beverages from the bar."

He then looked at me, frowned, "Liv, you shouldn't see me like this..."

I raised my brow in question, "Huh? What do you mean like that? Is it about some stupid debt again?"

He sighed, "What this gotta do with you?"

"You're my boyfriend! I'm worried about you!"

"You girls ain't got nothing to worry about! It's all on me! I'm the one who got into business, supposed to pay the debt, and now I gotta hide! Without Magnus, there's nothing I could do! So might as well, let whatever happens, happen."

I went to comfort him to reassure him, "Babe I'm sure it's-". However I was cutted off feeling a force that push me away from him. "You deserve someone else better than me Liv! As long as I'm still breathing and them rich white fools are out looking for me, it ain't safe for you to come near me! If they found out about us...Ugh...Forget it."

"Are you saying that we should...?" I shouted in response, not liking where I think this is going.

"Oh no...are you guys for real?! In front of me?!" Groaned Jesse, who was laying on her couch, seemingly annoyed.

Axel took a deep breath as he put on his dry jacket and shoes, storming off out of her room, "Sorry."

Just a few moments of silience in this room, I tried to keep my tears from coming but instead, I stomped in my heels out of frustration mixed with heartbroken stirring inside of me. "That...that.." I was holding myself back to come up with an insult for someone who'd break up with me over being financially struggle.

Jesse immediatey rose up from her couch to comfort me by wrapping her one arm around me while using her other patting my head, "Let it all out honey...Let it all out..."

"Overgrown...fat...DUMBASS!" For some reason, a small part of me felt relieved after spilling these words out, unfortunately, my heart knew the choice he made wasn't right. I ended up falling in tears, slowly descending on my knees. I felt my glasses are being removed and tears are being wiped off of my cheeks.

"It's ok for big girls to cry...tears are one of the things that makes a girl pretty...pretty girls cry too, Liv..." Said Jesse softly, hugging me.

"I-Is it true? There are people out there who get killed over some stupid reason that shouldn't even matter?" I asked, looking at her.

She sighed in response, "Sadly...growing up, I've seen a lot of people dying for a lot of reasons, even something that's so stupid. It doesn't even make sense when they randomly gets shot out of nowhere. People die everyday. Life is just simply isn't fair..."

"Axel...he-"

"He was just trying to protect you..." She said as she strokingly my hair, letting out a light smile.

"But who's gonna protect him? He's the best thing that ever happened to me...Like you said...dead people over a stupid reason, people die everyday...And I don't want him to be next!"

"We all had to go eventually...but not today, not tomorrow, not even for him." She said confidently, lifting up my chin to face her, implying that she's not gonna let it happen. I lifted my arm to wipe tears off of my cheeks, "What are you planning to do Jess?"

"You seemed to be super desperate for him...I am too...I can't lose anymore people I cared about..." Said Jesse, looking dejected.

I placed both of my hands on hers, holding them firmly, "You're my best friend, of course I'm going to help you! I don't care what I have to do as long as we're gonna save that fat bastard from debt."

The emerald-eyed girl let out a sigh of relief as we pulled each other into a hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

992 36 25
A Dark Romance One man, driven by an unwavering devotion, will stop at nothing to protect her. His selfless acts mask a storm of emotions, but just...
10.4K 860 37
ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ~ ɴᴏᴜɴ. An unrealistic or self-deluding fantasy. Example: Humans being satisfied on happiness alone. *** "After what you pulled tonight, I'm g...
111K 1.8K 85
Random short stories with almost every ship in Minecraft Story Mode. Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment for your favourite ships! Involves: �...
5.2K 983 37
"Thirty seconds. That's all you have to stop the bullshit, or your son is dead." ~~~~ Six years ago, Chelsea Doherty lost everything when her husban...