Enigma Of Hearts

By Lihannafrost2468

Daniela and Lihanna Frost, two sisters from a wizarding family, find themselves entangled in the complexities... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
chapter 1 Unexpected Words
chapter 2 A New Majestic World
chapter 3 My First Year
AUTHOR'S NOTE
chapter 4 The Way to My Future
chapter 5 Discovering A New Path
chapter 6 Classes at Hogwarts
chapter 8 A Massacre in the Girl's Bathroom
chapter 9 Hogsmeade Trip
chapter 10 A Quidditch Sensation

chapter 7 Door to a Mystery

21 5 2
By Lihannafrost2468

Lihanna,

It has been two weeks since you left for Hogwarts and there hasn't been a single letter from you. We were so worried about you! Thankfully Daniela wrote to us and we came to know about you. She wrote that you were sorted into Slytherin. I won't say that I am proud of you for being sorted into that house as you know Slytherin is the house of evil death eaters but I am not ashamed of you either. I hope you will prove your worth. Do study hard and stay focused on your goals. You also need to avoid associating with the Slytherins and avoid them as much as you can. You should also try to befriend Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. I heard from Arthur last week that Ron was sorted into Gryffindor and befriended Harry Potter. He was so happy and proud of his son. Daniela also told us that you are avoiding her. I want you to speak to her she will help you solve your problems. Your mother became very distressed when we didn't receive a single letter from you. Do write to us. We wish you all the best for this year.

Your Dad.

Disappointment was dripping from the letter. I could feel it. I had no desire to be friends with Potter and Weasley but I need to befriend them so that my parents would at least feel a little proud of me. I hid my letter inside my trunk because I did not want to take the risk of someone else reading it. I quickly left my dormitory and went outside to talk to my sister. I saw her standing near the dungeons with a black haired guy. I noticed in the past two weeks that she was spending more time with this guy instead of the Weasley twins. They were talking among themselves and I leaned a little to listen to them.

"Daniela, why are we standing near the dungeons? Why did you bring me here?"

"Jacob, I am really worried about my sister. I just came to talk to her and I didn't bring you here, you wanted to accompany me wherever I was going."

"I didn't think you would visit the dungeons for you sister. I thought you would go to the astronomy tower and I would get to spend some alone time with you."

"I spent the entire evening and also shared my chocolates with you yesterday remember?"

"I do remember Daniela, but how can I forget those glorious moments when one of the Weasley twins interrupted us with his bludger and bat?"

"I did warn you about it."

"Anyway, you don't need to worry about your sister. She has already ruined herself after getting sorted into that house."

"Don't you dare say that about my sister. She still is very virtuous and will remain the same no matter what house she gets sorted in. And you should leave now. I want to have a word with my sister."

"Fine then! I am leaving."

I didn't feel any guilt for being the reason behind their dispute. Daniela should never be friends with these low minded people.

"Lihanna?! What happened to you? You didn't speak to me even once! How are you doing in your classes? Did any Slytherin kid bully you?"

"Everything is just fine. My classes are going great and nobody bullied me. Not yet."

"I got so worried when you started to ignore me. If you have any problem just speak to me and don't worry I know you will do great in your studies. Did you get a letter from mom and dad? I had written to them."

"Yes, I have received their letter."

Daniela instantly hugged me tight.

"Lihanna, listen! I know I am not a very good sister as you never share your feelings with me but if you ever face any difficulties just know that I will be there with you always! And don't feel upset as your house won't decide your future but your hard work will so if anyone says anything bad about you don't listen to them okay? You should now return to your dormitory and I will head back to mine. Take care!"

"Yeah I will."

It felt good to get affection from someone as I was feeling a little lonely for a long time. I sometimes envied my sister. I wonder how easily she befriended so many people, and here I am struggling to even talk to my Slytherin classmates without scowling. Should I try to befriend the Gryffindors? Hermione seems nice but isn't she my competitor? I didn't want to be friends with Harry as he seems to be a clueless guy behind an infamous scar with a Weasley bee buzzing around him.

"Parselmouth", I uttered in front of the door and as I entered my common room, I heard some snickering.

"Hey, Draco Look! What I found in Lihanna's trunk! It's the letter she got today at the breakfast table. You should definitely read it!"

Malfoy snatched the letter from Pansy and just when he was about to read, he noticed me standing near the common room entrance.

"Oh! Look who's here! Frost herself! I guess I should read the letter aloud then yeah?!"

I stormed up to him to take back my letter but was stopped by Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle. I felt myself burn in anger as my eyes blazed with fire. I wish I could use some non-verbal and wandless magic to stop him.

"Lihanna, It has been two weeks since you left for Hogwarts and there-AHH!"

Malfoy shrieked as the letter burned and turned into ashes, burning his fingers a little along with it.

Professor Snape immediately came in and after realizing what had happened, said,

"Mr Malfoy go to the Hospital wing, and Miss Frost, you will serve detention in the potions classroom! Right Now!"

"But Professor-"

"RIGHT NOW MISS FROST! DON'T MAKE ME REPEAT MYSELF! SUCH BEHAVIOURS WONT BE TOLERATED!"

That was such a good thing right? I did nothing wrong still I got detention. I quietly followed Professor Snape to the Potions classroom.

"Clean the Cauldrons, they must be spotless and give me your wand as you are not allowed to use magic."

"I am sorry Professor, but it was not me! I did not use any incendio or any other magic spell!"

"Miss Frost I want the work to be done within an hour."

"Okay, Professor."

Scrubbing those Cauldrons was such a difficult task especially when it was always Weaver who did those tasks. I took more than an hour to complete my task and it was almost midnight.

"Professor! I have cleaned all the cauldrons."

"Miss Frost, you may return to your Dormitory. Do not loiter around in the corridors as it is already very late."

"Okay Sir!"

I left immediately even though a question was lingering in my mind. Did I deliberately use non-verbal, wandless magic or was it just an uncontrolled magic? I know that I am not that good at magic that I would be able to use both wandless and non-verbal magic. But if it was just an accidental magic then it is a matter of concern. Such accidents could really harm others. Another thought creeped into my mind that very moment. What happened to Harry and Ron? Did they really set out to duel Malfoy? Hermione might not have been able to stop them as they are too stupid to believe her words. The Trophy Room was in the third corridor, but didn't Professor Dumbledore warn us that the third corridor was out of bounds? Should I go there to make sure that they are safe? Professor Snape had told me to go back to my Dormitory instead of loitering around. Then I made the worst decision of my Life. I headed straight towards the third corridor. I tiptoed into the Trophy Room and saw Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville....NEVILLE? What is he doing here? Did he also decide to fight against Malfoy and his goons after what happened in the flying lessons? How would he fight with an injured arm? It must not have recovered completely.

"He's late, maybe he's chickened out," Ron whispered.

I quietly went beside them and whispered, "Are you guys complete idiots? Don't you understand that Malfoy was completely fooling you around? He informed Filch about you all and he must be coming here any moment. We quickly need to escape from here!"

"Lihanna!? What are you doing here?", Harry asked a little surprised.

"Obviously to help you out from getting expelled-"

"Sniff around, my sweet, they might be lurking in a corner."

A voice spoke which was definitely Filch's.

"We need to hide quick!", I whispered as quietly as possible and scurried silently towards the door, away from Filch's voice.

"They're in here somewhere," we heard him mutter, "probably hiding."

He must have entered the Trophy room.

"This way!" Harry mouthed to us and we began to creep down a long gallery full of suits of armour.

Neville suddenly let out a frightened squeak and broke into a run - he tripped, grabbed Ron around the waist, and the pair of them toppled right into a suit of armour. The clanging and clashing sound echoed in the entire castle and I was very sure that Filch would catch us any moment.

"RUN!" Harry yelled and all of us sprinted down the gallery.

We swung around the doorpost and galloped down one corridor. Harry was in the lead running in front of me. We found a hidden passageway and ran towards it. I had no clue where we were running to. As we came out of the passageway, we found ourselves in front of the charms classroom which I knew was a bit far from the Trophy room.

"I think we've lost him," Harry panted, leaning against the cold wall and wiping his forehead.

Neville was bent double, wheezing and spluttering.

"I - told - you," Hermione gasped, clutching at the stitch in her chest, "I - told - you."

"We've got to get back to Gryffindor Tower as quickly as possible," said Ron.

"Malfoy tricked you," Hermione said to Harry. "You realize that, don't you?-"

"Leave it Hermione!" I spoke out, "They always jump into danger without listening to anyone! I hope you have learned your lesson, Mr Potter!"

"Let's go," Harry uttered.

Just as we were about to leave, a door knob rattled and something came shooting out of a classroom in front of us. It was Peeves. He was absolutely delighted at the sight of students out of bed at night and breaking rules. He gave out a squeal of delight.

"Shut up, Peeves - please - you'll get us thrown out." Harry said.

"Wandering around at midnight, Ickle Firsties? Tut, tut, tut. Naughty, naughty, you'll get caughty." Peeves cackled.

"Not if you don't give us away, Peeves, please."

"Should tell Filch, I should, It's for your own good, you know." said Peeves with a wicked gleam in his eyes.

"Get out of the way," snapped Ron, taking a swipe at Peeves.

"STUDENTS OUT OF BED!" Peeves bellowed, "STUDENTS OUT OF BED DOWN THE CHARMS CORRIDOR!"

We started running again. How amazing! Just when I thought that we would be able to get into our Dormitories without anymore trouble, this Weasley had to step out and ruin everything! We ran towards the end of the corridor and slammed into a door that was locked.

"This is it!" Ron moaned helplessly, "We're done for! This is the end!"

This idiot doesn't even know that Alohomora could easily fix this problem. Just as I was about to take out my wand, Hermione stepped out and grabbed Harry's wand.

"Oh, move over," Hermione snarled.

She tapped the lock with the wand and whispered, "Alohomora".

The lock clicked and the door swung open. We quickly went inside, shut it quickly and pressed our ears against it to listen.

"Which way did they go, Peeves?" Filch was saying. "Quick, tell me."

"Say 'please.' "

"Don't mess with me, Peeves, now where did they go?"

"Shan't say nothing if you don't say please," said Peeves in a singsong voice.

"All right - please. "

"NOTHING! Ha haaa! Told you I wouldn't say nothing if you didn't say please! Ha ha! Haaaaaa!"

Peeves whooshed away and we could hear Filch cursing in rage.

"He thinks this door is locked," Harry whispered. "I think we'll be okay - get off, Neville!"

Neville was tugging on the sleeve of Harry's bathrobe.

"What?!"

We quickly turned around and found ourselves in the Forbidden Corridor of the Third floor. The most terrifying thing about that was a monstrous three headed dog, a dog that filled the whole space between ceiling and floor. It was standing quite still, all six eyes staring at us. A question came in my mind that very moment, yeah on the verge of death, why was the dog standing on a trapdoor? And why am I thinking about a trapdoor when I should be thinking about saving myself....and others.

Harry groped for the doorknob and coming out of it, we shut the door and ran for our lives again. Filch was no where near us and we ran out of the third corridor. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville ran towards their common room while I, descended downstairs towards the dungeons in front of the door to the Slytherin common room. I could see no one near me and uttering the password, went inside. I quietly went inside my Dormitory and laid down on my bed. I was exhausted after running so much and fortunately sleep evolved me but the same question lingered my mind as I closed my eyes,

Why was the dog guarding a trapdoor? What was hidden under it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 5.9K 73
all rights to Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling. I do not own the majority of these characters. Evelyn Malfoy is the oldest daughter of the Malfoy fa...
45.8K 868 15
Draco's sister comes to Hogwarts and after arriving late she has already gathered the attention of quite a few boys. Will any of them catch her atten...
928 32 15
Hannah Grace comes from a wealthy, pure blood family, best friends with the Malfoys. A bit rebellious, Hannah thrives while away at boarding school...
87.5K 2.1K 52
Fred Weasley & Draco Malfoy love triangle fan fic Includes: Adult / sexual material / rated mature so please read if you are of appropriate age Celes...