Bloom

By JalynLana

For the hopeless romantics and the thrill seekers. Giselle "G" Rowe is trying her hardest to achieve specific... More

intro
01 | mystery man
02 | someday
03 | lights out
04 | fresh juice
05 | double date
06 | tell him
07 | gratitude
08 | bloom
09 | granny's cookin'
10 | leap of faith
11 | smoother than silk
12 | loser baby daddy
13 | body language
14 | just focus
15 | infatuated
16 | artsy sh!t
17 | sister, sister
19 | cutting ties
20 | orange sunsets
21 | regretful tears
22 | hell has frozen
23 | i wanna be with you
24 | dancing with the devil
25 | you are appreciated
26 | trouble in paradise
27 | brown is the warmest
28 | sonder
29 | euphoria
30 | four letter word
31 | valentine (exclusive)
32 | the lockharts (exclusive)
33 | office visit (exclusive)
34 | life was great
35 | until it wasn't
epilogue
❀ thank you ❀
New Story

18 | whatever I want

1.9K 161 13
By JalynLana

Giselle "G" Rowe
Friday, November 18 | 2:36 p.m.
The Rowe Residence

-

I hum my own tune as I finish weaving the final emerald green thread through the garment. All that's left to do is a little trimming on the ends and tightening a few loose stitches with my sewing machine. It looks so beautiful on the mannequin, I'm beside myself with excitement over how it'll look on a real body.

Things have been pretty productive and I'm exhausted with work in the best way. I've pushed myself to complete and ship two more orders; I've picked up extra tables this week and my bank account really reflects that.

My joints pop as I raise my hands over my head to stretch, a direct result of me hunched over my desk, sewing, stitching, and cutting for hours. I decide to straighten up my room, pack a few extra things in my new pink duffle bag, and head to the bathroom to shower.

I throw on something simple, long sleeves and boots for the fall weather. A dark sultry lip tops it all off. My phone lights up with a text message notification just as I'm misting myself with faintly sweet perfume and I can't help the giddy smile that creeps onto my face. I sling my bag over my shoulder and quickly maneuver through the empty house, making sure all the lights and appliances are turned off before I head out the front door.

It's crazy that no matter how many times June picks me up, I still have sickeningly strong butterflies in my stomach walking out to his car. Like, am I even doing it right?

Left foot, right foot.

"Damn, am I going ever gone be allowed to knock on the front door soon or do I gotta be yo' filthy secret forever?"

"Shut up!" I laugh, placing my stuff in the backseat before buckling my seatbelt. "You coulda came to the door this time. The house is empty."

As usual, my parents are out doing shit that happily married people do — something about a luxury staycation downtown. As a part of Gab's quest to be a better mother, she's been able to change a bit of her work schedule to see her son more so they're out having a mother-son day.

I'm proud of my girl already.

"Yeah? I'll remember that next time."

"Okay, na." I roll my eyes. "Don't get carried awa —" June's fingers wrap around my jaw in an instant and he presses his lips against mine, shutting me up. Our tongues dance for a while before he breaks the kiss with a smug grin.

"You ready to getcho ass beat?"

I don't say what I'm actually thinking, deciding to just roll my eyes again and stare out the passenger window to hide how flustered I am.

"You want me to beat some else, huh?" He chuckles, twirling the knob to the speakers and backing out of my driveway.

There aren't any witty comebacks when you've been peeped out.

**********

Friday, November 18 | 7:57 p.m.
Hi, Scores - Arcade and Restaurant

-

"Man," June sucks his teeth just as the neon yellow puck zips past his mallet, making me laugh. "Don't get too happy. That wasn't you, I accidentally knocked it in myself."

The score reads four to one and he's not too happy about it. I don't feel bad though; I told him that air hockey was my favorite game so we saved the best for last.

"Yeah, okay." I get back into position as he retrieves the disc and serves it my way. We pass it back and forth with vigor, neither one of us taking our eyes off the tabletop until I score for the fifth time. Another four minutes and I've earned three more points, winning the round.

June tucks his top lip in between his teeth and nods his head slowly. "Aight, that's cool."

He swipes his card, reviving the game and hits the puck immediately, scoring.

"Okay, then." I laugh to myself about how serious he's gotten, retrieving the disk and serving it. I only score one point this round and June smirks victoriously.

"Tie breaker. Winner gets whatever they want." I drum my bright pink nails against the mallet. Competition is exhilarating.

Round three commences and June doesn't crack a smile the entire time he's whooping me. He's scoring back to back and if the puck was moving any faster, it would be on fire. I roll my eyes once the tabletop dims and we head to the gift shop.

"You know, back in my day, we had actual tickets, not digital ones that you just scan on a card." He remarks, snatching the card out of the reader after the screen flashes 2,650 total tickets.

"Aight, grandpa." I chuckle, skimming the shelves with all the little knick knacks priced under 300 tickets. "I guess I should let you pick first since that was the deal, huh?"

"Nah, you can get whatever. I don't want nothin' from here."

"Hmm." I move over to the next shelf. It's full of plushies, all over 2,000 tokens. June falls back a little when his phone vibrates and Kasey's name lights up the screen.

I pick up several cartoonish animals before deciding on a pink and brown bear, rubbing my palm over the soft fabric. There are smaller ones located on the bottom shelf for less tokens with even brighter colors. Grabbing a black and baby blue panda for Jamari, I quickly move out of the way of a large group of awaiting children.

"Aren't they so cute, Ju —" The dark brown eyes that stare back at me hold the shock that I feel.

"Wassup, G?" Semaj chuckles dryly.

"Hey." My energy is far from enthusiastic, but I'd like to think that it isn't as cold as his glare.

Semaj had continued to text me even after I rejected him and he still feels slighted by that, no doubt. His messages went from understanding, to pleading, to angrily accusing me of being a heartless whore. I blocked him.

The hoe accusations always start once access is denied. A pathetic attempt to get me back if I've ever seen one.

He looks so different from the more innocent high school boy that I used to care about. Gone is the playfulness and light hearted interactions. He's become so much more callous, entitled, and lame these days.

Or maybe he was always like that, but I was just too stupid to notice. Oh, the woes of being a teenage girl.

I scan the busy gift shop and spot June leaning against the wall near the entrance, lost in what looks like an intense conversation. He sighs heavily, his thick eyebrows pulled together in concentration before staring at the ceiling.

What the fuck could Kasey be talking about at a time like this?

I don't want to walk over there and interrupt, I know how he is about business, and I respect that, but this is annoying. Semaj turns, following my line of sight and smacks his teeth. "Oh, you too busy hoppin' from dick to dick to respond, huh? I swear, females see a chain and lose all self respect."

Actually, it's just one dick.

"Touch your nose." I roll my eyes, excusing myself through a group of older teenagers to look at the more expensive items. There are blenders, large candles, lava lamps, and various other miscellaneous objects that I can't really focus on right now.

"Shit really crazy how females switch up. I really thought you was solid, G."

"Semaj, just leave it alone." I don't turn around, continuing to look over the Super Mario and Pac-Man inspired board games and puzzles.

His presence grows nearer, just shy of touching my backside and I can tell that he's still walking around with a huge air of confidence regarding our connection. He's used to getting his way with me, after all we've been on and off for years.

"Just let me get it one last time."

"Giselle, you straight?" June's voice carries through the room clearly as he weaves through the short crowd. His eyes are only on Semaj as he places himself between us, forcing the other man to back away with a scoff.

"Yes! I'm ready to go." I shove the stuffed blue panda in the crook of my arm and slip my free hand into June's, tugging him towards the checkout counter. His body is hesitant to move, still eyeing Semaj with a hardened expression, but he eventually gives in.

"Aren't these cute? I got one for Jamari. You sure you don't want nothin'? I think we still have some tickets left over."

"Who is that?" He watches Semaj navigate out of the brightly lit room and back into the dim arcade, disappearing from our view.

"Nobody important." I shrug him off, lining up behind a family of three.

June cuts his eyes to me, lowering his head so that we're face to face. "You want me to go ask him myself?"

"My ex." I sigh. "He just came over here to beg and throw a pity party."

This man really has me scrambling. Who am I?

"Beg for what?"

"Next!" We move forward and I hand the plushies to the cashier. "Oop! Looks like you still have about 150 tickets left. Care to use it?" She chuckles, sliding the card back June's way.

"Sure. I'll take two suckers and three airheads please." I smile, pointing to the desired flavors and she bags everything up, sending us on our way.

June leads me through the darkened arcade, his jaw tense, a mug set on his handsome face. I admire his profile — the way his naturally long eyelashes flutter with each blink, his strong nose bridge, his perfectly shaped hairline, and the fullness of his lips. His hand firmly grips mine, but it isn't rough and ashy like a lot of other men nor is it dainty and slick like most women's.

Somehow, the feeling of his hands sums up how I think of him — strong but gentle; masculine but still capable of being soft. Balance.

"Oouu, let's go in here!" I change directions rapidly, pushing open the black curtain to the photo booth with a giggle. He smacks his teeth and sits down on the small bench inside, pulling me by the waist beside him.

The encounter with Semaj, though small and irrelevant to me, had clearly impacted June's mood and I kind of find it amusing. It makes me feel a whole lot better about being mad over Karine that night.

We belong together, or however the Mariah song goes.

He swipes his debit card into the slot and stares at the loading screen with a blank expression, making me bust out laughing.

"What?" He deadpans.

"You gone take the pictures looking like the grim reaper?"

He sighs, running his hand down his face just as the camera comes on, still unfazed.

"It's fine. You look very handsome regardless of your attitude, Rashad." I coo, grabbing his face and planting a kiss on his cheek just as the first photo is snapped.

Adjusting my position, I lean my head on June's shoulder, wrapping my hand around his bicep for the next shot. Neither one of us shows any teeth, but my expression is aiming more towards sex appeal than indifference.

As the final countdown begins, June taps his lap and I oblige. He palms my breasts and hides his face in the crook of my neck. I smile as two copies of three photos are printed out, loving each one.

We leave the arcade and enter the restaurant portion of the building. It's lit up with blue lights and various sporting games play on the large screens above the bar, captivating the parents who've just come for the food while their kids play.

June's mood is back to normal and I cover my mouth to keep the Vanilla Coke from spilling out.

"So I kept pushing it and hopping on the back, and the whole damn buggy flipped on me in the middle of the meat aisle. That shit was so embarrassing." He shakes his head, stabbing the chili cheese fries with his fork.

"That's what you get!" I laugh once I've got the liquid down. "Let me see."

He slides his arm across the table, giving me a better view of the faint scar. "My mama just walked away from me too. Ain't even get the damn thing off me. Talkin' bout 'you shoulda listened to me.' Scrape yo' son up off the floor, ma'am."

"Boy, you was fifteen, you shoulda knew better! Bet you ain't do that shit no more."

"Shole didn't. Aye, how old you was when you drove on the wrong side of the road again?"

I pause right before putting my fries in my mouth and he laughs. "Exactly."

Our conversation eventually drifts from family and childhood stories to friends and money.

"Oh, is everything okay? You looked stressed when you was on the phone." I wipe my mouth with a napkin and ball it up in my fist.

So far, June has been there for me when I've needed to vent. It's only right that I let him know that I'm open to return the favor.

"We sortin' some shit out, but yeah we straight." His eyes dart around at nothing in particular and I nod, unwilling to push anything.

"Let's get back to the crib. I didn't whoop yo ass in air hockey for no reason, Giselle."

**********

Saturday, November 19 | 1:04 a.m.
Crystal Lake Condominiums

-

"You look so pretty." June fists my frizzing hair firmly, pumping in and out of my mouth at a steady pace. I flick my tongue across the tip and relish in the deep grunt that he fails to stifle.

"Just like that." He whispers, thrusting with a little more force as my cheeks hollow. "Fuck."

He grabs the shaft and pulls his dick out with a pop, rubbing it against my lips. "Whatever I want, right?"

"Whatever you want."

June lowers his chin and stares into my eyes, guiding me to open my mouth again with his thumb. "Tongue kiss that shit then."

My tongue glides its way up his entire length, swirling around the tip before he's back inside. I press my hands against his legs to steady myself, finding a quicker rhythm than before and he throws his head back with delirious mumbling. His position is dominant as he stands over my sitting form, but at this moment, I am in control.

He finishes with a final grunt and I rise from the sofa, ushering him to sit down. His mouth is on mine in an instant as his hands cradle my freshly washed asscheeks. I break free of his grasp, standing on the cushions so that his face is between my thighs and he gets to work instantly.

Whatever he wants, he said.

-

~~~

You guys, Bloom hit 2k views. Thanks a lot! Be sure to vote and comment. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

539 17 9
Since yanna was a little girl all she ever wanted was to be loved and respected. All she wants to do is survive, but between her relationship with fa...
Elpis By Ms. Bian

General Fiction

1.8K 68 34
While living in a daily struggle of a fucked up life, Giselle found her current lover, Trenj. He was the perfect man she could ask for. But she think...
9.6K 726 54
Enemies to Lovers - Forced Proximity - Historical Romance • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •...
4.9K 231 23
𝐇𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬... follow the heartwarming journey of Allisa, a resilient 19-year-old girl, as she...