A Long Path Ahead Of Us

By XOXO_LtlSunFlwr

Never in her wildest dreams, she would have thought that her past trauma would greatly affect her life. Anni... More

Your Author Has Something To Say
Chapter 1 (The Waiter Boy At The Coffee Shop)
Chapter 2 (The conflict between the mother and daughter pair)
Chapter 3 (The Gang Of Bullies)
Chapter 5 (Hero saves the beauty)
Chapter 6(A Date? Not Again...)
Chapter 7 (Lovebirds On The Road)
Chapter 8 (Punishment)
Chapter 9(The wounded young man)
Chapter 10 (The ghostly doll)
Chapter 11 (Consoling her)
Chapter 12 (Honeymoon)
Chapter 13 (Who exactly are you?)
Chapter 14 (Suspicious, tattooed man)
Chapter 15 (An Accident?)
A note for my readers

Chapter 4 (Another Date With John)

14 1 0
By XOXO_LtlSunFlwr

Annabella was in the middle of reviewing her new project when her phone vibrated, showing a message notification. She ignored it and continued doing her work, chewing the pen clip.

'Ding!' Again, another message popped up.

Sighing, Annabella put aside her pen and grabbed the phone. Unlocking the screen, she clicked the message. It was from her latest date.

[John glass guy(5th dte): ?]

[John glass guy(5th dte): Hi, Anna. John here. I'm waiting for your msg. ( ; ]

"Oh shit no!"

Annabella facepalmed. She totally forgot to send him the location. If her mother knew that, then she would be done for!

[Me: Oops, sorry Johnny. I was busy with my new project.]

The moment she sent it, John's reply came right away.

[John glass guy(5th dte): It's okay. I can understand. So where do you like to go this time?]

Annabella was typing a reply when he sent her another message.

[John glass guy(5th dte): I want to be someone special to you. Unlike the other three guys whom you met. I want to give you memories, some beautiful, colourful, cheerful, blissful memories. So let's try something new by going to a park. What do you say?]

Annabella rolled her eyes in annoyance.
'There were four guys, idiot. Not three!'

[Me: Why do you sound so cheesy all of a sudden? I'm kinda afraid right now. Let's just go to a coffee shop as usual.]

[John glass guy(5th dte): What are you saying? You're afraid? Anna, you're not a 7 or 8 yr old child to be afraid! It's not like I'm asking you to go to a hotel room and have sex with me.]

Anna clenched the phone in her hand so tightly that her knuckles turned paler than they had been before.

[Me: Enough! Let's meet at a coffee shop or cancel our date for good.]

[John glass guy(5th dte): Woah, easy there, baby girl. Okay, okay. Let's meet at a coffee shop as you say. Ugh, you're so boring.]

Annabella sneered when she read that.

[Me: Then find an active, hot, sexy doll, you psycho!]

[John glass guy(5th dte): Oh my! I was just kidding, okay? Why are you so mad at me? Are you NOT in a good mood? Then it's my bad luck as well.]

Annabella's angry mood finally changed. She smiled, biting her lower lip.

[My ftre GF: I'm the one who's unlucky today. What does it have to do with you?]

John chuckled, looking at her message.

[Me: Am I not special to you?]

[My ftre GF: Not yet.]

John smirked. 'Although you think like that, you're already a very special person to me, my baby.' He thought. 'When I looked at you, that night... I couldn't sleep well. I even dreamt of being with you.'

[Me: You're so straightforward as ever. Though I like that, it hurts my feelings sometimes.]

[My ftre GF: Oops, sorry Johnny. I'll be careful next time.]

[Me: No need. I want you to be yourself when you're with me. So I really don't mind it. Not at all. Please, don't change for another person. You should only be yourself.]

Annabella was greatly touched when she read that message. Apparently, John wasn't that bad even though her sixth sense told otherwise. She looked for a cafe with a romantic atmosphere and sent the time and location to John before paying attention to her work again.

After the work was finished, Annabella didn't rush to leave. Instead, she went inside a washroom to change her clothes.

During her other dates, she never bothered to change her formal outfit. But this time, due to her mother's request, she thought of giving this relationship a try. That's why she thought of changing her clothes into a more casual ones.

Wearing a bright red gown with short sleeves and reapplying her makeup, she looked dazzling as ever. Her blonde hair and brown eyes added charm to her beautiful appearance.

The red knee-length gown managed to hug every curve of her not-so-skinny body. Annabella even wore a golden necklace that was given to her by her father on her 24th birthday. She would soon turn 25 next month. She wondered what he would give her on her next birthday.

'Wait, what will Johnny give me on my birthday?' This thought made her blush like a teenage girl. It wasn't that she never got gifts from boys. However, it was indeed different this time because the person might be her future husband.

'Is he worthy?' This thought made her pause from applying mascara to her long, thick eyelashes. 'Is he worthy of being your husband? Will you manage to love him one day? What if you'll never be able to love him in this lifetime?'

Though she was naturally a pale girl, these horrible thoughts made her pale even more.

Annabella took a deep breath.

'Calm down, you crazy little thing! He's a good man, okay? Can't you just understand this simple thing? Of course, as your parents did in the past, you'll definitely fall for your husband as well. If you don't have such feelings, you can still be a good, dutiful wife to him, right?'

Knock!

Knock!

"Is someone there?" A woman's loud voice made Annabella flinch and snap out of her reverie.

"Yeah, I'm here. Just give me a sec." Annabella shouted from the inside.

"Oh, no. It's okay. Take your time." Clara turned to leave after she finished talking. However, her actions paused when she glanced at the beauty who came out of the washroom.

She didn't look like she came out of a washroom. Rather, she appeared like an angel who fell to this world from heaven. Her brown eyes flickered under the dim light and as she walked, she emitted an aura of royalty.

"Wow, Annabella! You look just." Clara subconsciously exclaimed.

Annabella panicked all of a sudden.

"Just what? Do I look bad?" She asked calmly. But, inside she was shaking in nervousness.

"Not at all." Clara blurted out. "You look just too incredible. I actually don't know how to explain how beautiful you are. If I were a man, I would also fall for you for damn sure." Her voice filled with sincerity as Clara claimed.

Annabella chuckled. "You're flattering me."

"Nope, it's the truth."

"Okay, okay. I believe you and... thanks for the compliment."

"You're welcome. Hey by the way, are you going to meet your boyfriend or something?" Clara asked doubtfully, being careful not to offend her as she knew that Annabella was single for years from the day she joined the office until now.

"Not yet. But I believe he'll be... soon."

"Oh my god! Congratulations. I wish you all the best."

"Thank you, Clara."

After talking with her, Annabella went towards the elevator and pressed the button. When she reached the parking lot, there was a surprise waiting for her.

"Johnny, you?! How did you know my workplace? I never told you before." She exclaimed in shock as soon as she spotted John in a corner, leaning against his Honda Vezel.

He was wearing a black suit and gold-rimmed spectacles. Although he wasn't a handsome man, he still looked pleasing to the eyes.

"Wow, Anna. Is that really you? Wow! I couldn't even recognize you! You're so pretty, so beautiful. Now I feel insecure. I feel like I'll lose you one day because... you're too gorgeous for me." John babbled as soon as he saw her standing before him with her noble, elegant charisma.

Annabella chuckled. "Don't worry. If you become a good and loyal husband for me, No one will ever be able to snatch me away from you for sure." Anna stated, her eyes sparkling with certainty.

John nodded firmly. "Of course, I'm gonna cherish you my entire life, my beauty, my wifey."

Annabella felt weird all of a sudden. She wasn't used to such cheesy words before. That's why she felt a bit uncomfortable.

"You didn't answer my question yet." She said, hoping to change the topic.

"Oh." John scratched his head. "When I talked with your mother yesterday, I asked her about your workplace. It's a secret between us."

Annabella let out a loud 'Humph!'

"You guys already paired? I'm scared of my future right now. What if my mom starts loving you more than me?" She asked with a pout as her face filled with jealousy.

John laughed.

"Silly girl, your mom loves you the most."

"Hmmm... That's great then."

"For the time being actually."

"Johnnyh!!!"

He laughed yet again before opening the car door for Annabella. She thanked him with a smile before sitting down gracefully.

"What about my own car?" She asked after a while.

John shrugged his shoulders. "Keep it here for today. No one's gonna steal it anyways."

"Hmmm."

John drove for almost two hours. Annabella was about to close her half-closed eyes completely when she accidentally looked outside the window. Her eyes widened as her heart filled with anxiety all of a sudden.

"Hey, John, where are you taking me? This is not the correct path to Finminella cafe."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 81.2K 51
"Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I stared at him in disbelief. "What more things...
1.7K 74 18
𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂 (6) "She's dead." "Dead? What does that mean?" The young girl asked with morbid curiosity. "It means, she isn't here...
10.4K 300 34
Matilda Huston is a 25 years old woman with a painful past, living alone and escaping from her abusive past. She moved to Canada a few months back an...
2K 300 44
"I'm so sorry! This is all my fault! I should have protected you! I'm so sorry Koby" I sobbed loudly. "It's okay. It's not your fault" Koby weakly sa...