π‘ˆπ‘π‘‡π»πΌπ‘πΎπ΄π΅πΏπΈ

By teeetales

Two strangers had a one night stand which resulted in lifetime commitment. Follow them on their journey to l... More

intro
one
two
three.
four.
five
six.
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty -two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six

twenty-eight

5.2K 373 41
By teeetales

The smell of coffee and freshly baked goodies filled the pristine shop. A few customers were filling their mouth with their daily dose of caffeine with a baked good tagging along.

Low chatter filled the room as well an rnb song playing in the background, setting the tone for the room. The weather was quite confusing causing the town to still huddle up in warm attire.

The brown skinned woman nervously looked around as she sipped on her hot cocoa with a lemon custard pastry on her plate. She double tapped the screen of her phone causing it to lit up.

Her home screen displayed a layout picture of her and her boyfriend with huge smiles on their faces and three more of silly poses.

The door chimed causing to avert her eyes up towards the door. Her breathe was caught at the back of throat at the man who entered.

She watched him casual make his way towards the counter and then she peeled her eyes off him, tapping her phone once again. The time displayed was nine fifty eight in the morning.

Two minutes before her guest was arriving. She decided to take a look outside, admiring people going about their day on a windy Wednesday.

Suddenly something told her to check her surroundings which made her eyes land on the man that walked in a few moments ago. He was standing before her making her heart thump against her chest.

She felt her stomach drop as she admired his features. He reminded her of someone but she couldn't pinpoint it yet. His tall burly frame was very attractive to her. She could spot a few tattoos on his neck and on his wrist.

The silver AP watch sat a little loose on his wrist however he made it work. The bomber jacket and black jeans looked amazing against his burly built.

"Can I help you?" She decided to ask, with her brow raised and eyes trailing up and down his frame.

"Yes you can Shelly ". He stated, knocking the wind out her lungs. It felt as if she couldn't breath for a moment but she quickly snapped out of it as he took a seat, placing his cup of coffee on the table and extending his dark brown hand. His voice was deep. How did this man know her name?

"Donovan, Angelo's brother". He mentioned, looking directly at her. His eyes made her nervous. They were filled with rage but were hypnotizing. Her brows furrowed further in question. She confusingly shook his hand nonetheless.

"Where is Angelo? We usually don't meet this early?". Concern laced in her voice as she questioned, still admiring this fine dark brown man seated before her. She could see the resemblance. They were definitely brothers.

"Don't worry about that. I am the one who said we could meet here". He told her.

"Wait— I was talking to you all this time?". She questioned, with her mouth hanging in shock.

"How do you know Angelo? ". Donovan decided to ask, getting straight to the point. He wanted answers that's all. This wasn't a casual meeting. It was business.

"Where is Angelo?". She ignored his question and decided to redirect instead. Donovan didn't speak causing them to look at each other.

The two individuals had a stare down as their eyes bored into each other daring either to back down. The air suddenly became thick and tense. Now Shelly was alert.

"I asked you first. If you don't answer my question then I won't tell you where he is".

"What did you do to him, huh?".  She squinted her eyes at him.

"What reason do I have to hurt my brother?". Donovan raised his brow in question. He face was stoic giving nothing away but inside? He was fuming. Why did people think the worst of him. Regardless of their new found position in the family, Angelo will always be his little brother and he was going to protect him by all means necessary.

"I don't trust you". Shelly confessed.

"And I don't either, so we even". He carelessly shrugged, twisting his lips to the side. "Now are you willing to cooperate or not?". Donovan questioned.

"I know all about you and your kind. You don't scare me ". She pointed towards him.

"I am honestly not here to scare you, okay?". He placed his arms on the table leaning forward ,"I just want to know what you and Angelo had going on, that's all". He spoke lowly, looking around the medium sized establishment.

"First tell me where he is and I will tell you everything you need to know". She bargained. However Donovan shook his head. He was not risking any outsiders knowing about Angelo. He needed to keep him protected until he found the culprit.

"You are just wasting my time and this is not about you right now". Donovan scoffed, leaving his cup of coffee on the table. He stood up,  walking out the door.

Honestly, he knew all about Shelly. She and Angelo had a relationship— a forbidden relationship. Her kind and his kind didn't get along at all. However nothing beats hearing the truth from the horses mouth.

Shelly was Haitian and for as long as Donovan has been alive, he knew not to get involved with them whether going to their side of town or even interacting with each other socially or for business. Getting into a relationship with an Italian or Haitian was forbidden in every aspect. It was considered disrespectful. A crime if you may.

They would disown you then kill you. That's how bad their war has been going on for over thirty years.

"Wait!". He heard behind him as he was about to climb into the car. He slowly turned around and eyed Shelly. She clawed at her jacket, pulling it closer to her body as the wind furiously blew outside. Her hair blew with the wind, causing her to tuck it behind her ears.

He noticed how much shorter she was compared to him. Her build was attractive— slim thick. He wasn't attracted to her but she was a beautiful woman nonetheless.

"Angelo and I are in a relationship. He's my boyfriend ". She confessed. And boom! There it was.

He needed clarity. Now he knew exactly what he was going to do.

"How long as this been going on?". He questioned.

"For about a year...". She trailed off.

"Do you realize that both of you just started a war?". He asked causing her to shamefully nod her head, while looking down at her feet.

"Angelo said he will protect me". She softly stated making him shake his head. How could he protect her when he was laying in bed possibly because of her,? Because of their poor decision making costing Angelo's life.

"You made your bed now you got to deal with it". He stated giving her a hard glare. That was dumb of them — both Angelo and Shelly and now Donovan had to fight this battle. Of cause he was going to do it for his brother however, can he catch a break?

And it didn't help Shelly's father was the biggest Haitian kingpin in town, making the issue ten times worse.

Sirens blared as three police cars pulled up, blocking Donovan's car from moving. They lined up one after the other.

Donovan stared as six police officers as well a well known detective made their way towards him. He was know was Detective Mayers. His face remained blank as he looked at all seven people standing before him.

"Donovan De Luca, I will need you to come with me". Mayers stated. Shelly and a few bystanders curiously watched the scene unfold in front of them.

"In regards to what?". He raised his brow in question. He hasn't killed anyone in a long time.

"In regards to the murder of Ms Erin Jones ". The Detective stated causing his brows to furrow further in confusion. Mayers took note of his facial expressions but said nothing. Donovan was good at masking his emotions.  That much he knew

"Excuse me?".

"Mr De Luca we do not want to cause a scene so can you please cooperate with us". The light skinned male stated. He nodded his head and they led him to the car.

Different thoughts kept running through his head as he thought about Erin. Mikael made sure to follow after the cars heading towards the police station.

✿︎

Donovan lightly sighed as he sat in the room, waiting for the detectives who were working on Erin's case. He tiredly slouched back in the black hard chair. He was exhausted. He needed a light nap.

The door suddenly opened making him lazily avert his eyes. In walked Daniel with a smug smile on his face. Donovan paid it no mind and kept quiet.

"Mr Donovan De Luca...", his annoying voice spoke, "it's nice to see you again".

"I wish I could say the same". He flatly spoke.

"Well I am very glad to see you my friend. I have a few questions I would like to ask regarding Ms Jones". He plopped the folder on the table and took a seat on the edge of the table.

Donovan shrugged. He was ready to go. He was innocent. He hasn't been in contact with Erin for a while now.

"Where were you February 16th?".  Daniel questioned with his brow raised.

"At the hospital ". He lazily responded placing his hands in his pocket.

"And what was your relationship with the decreased?".

"I'm sure you know all that. You don't need me to answer that".

"If you must know Ms Jones was found shot in her home on February 16th just after you parted ways a few days prior. Her neighbors stated that she got into an heated argument with a man. The man in question fits your description". Daniel stated, pointing his pen towards him

"Oh...", Donovan could only say  because what more could he say. None of what Daniel was saying was true. The never got into an argument. They had a exchange of words, yes but never a argument.

Before Daniel could say anything. The door opened revealing a brown skin man with a briefcase and in a black suit and tie.

"Mr Williams I do not appreciate you questioning my client in my absence ".

"Oh please Woodbine. I was just doing my job". Daniel stood up straight. He was slightly shorter than Woodbine and Donovan combined.

"Now if you are done harassing my client, he is free to go until you provide concrete evidence of him being implicated in Ms Jones murder. I am so sorry for your loss". Woodbine stated causing Donovan to stand up. He was ready to leave.

"Enjoy your freedom while it last!You will be back!". Donovan heard behind him as the two gentleman exited the room.

They walked out the precinct, heading towards the black escalade truck outside. Mikael stood outside waiting on Donovan.

"Mr De Luca, I am Savon Woodbine. Your uncle sent me as soon as he heard the news ". Savon held out his hand. Donovan firmly shook Savon's hand.

Damn his uncle really has ears everywhere which was a good thing and a bad thing for Donovan. He wanted to do things his way and didn't want help all the time. However he was glad Savon got there just in time.

"Please to meet you". He stated.

"I also heard you were in need of my other specialties?". Savon questioned, causing Donovan to nod his head.

"That's right".

"Well I don't usually let my clients know my identity but for you will make it an exception".

"Thank you. I appreciate your help with this little project of mine".

After they exchanged personal numbers, they went their separate ways. Donovan hopped in the car and sighed loudly.

"What was that about?". Mikael questioned, nodding towards the precinct.

"Just some bullshit about Erin being dead". He stated, placing the seatbelt across his body.

"That's too bad". Mikael carelessly stated before pulling out the parking lot.

꧁꧂
thoughts

hmm guess your fav had  some secrets huh?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.8K 1.7K 35
thinking no one could ever break down those walls. is she willing to let him in when 𝒉𝒆 comes along?....or will her stubbornness prevent him? ||ON...
30.2K 1.3K 20
Love happens over time but not by force Calista can't say the same, she was kidnapped and forced to marry Amell a Mafia King Will they forever hate...
349K 17.1K 42
The best things come unexpected and sweep you off your feet
10.4K 378 30
COMPLETED. PART ONE. Living from one hell to the next...or is it?