Blue Ridge Lake [Completed]

By prayersimeon

In life, you don't have a lot of directions or other people who are there to guide you through the process of... More

Author note/Disclaimer
Characters aesthetic
Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter eight -Part two
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteeen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter Thirty one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
bonus chapter
Extended bonus chapter
Engagement bonus chapter
Author note

Epilogue

37 0 0
By prayersimeon

Flashbacks
It was our wedding day. We were both standing together by the altar as the priest told us to say our vows to each other so I said "I, Penelope Greer, I promise to love and cherish you from this day forward. I also promise to support all of your dreams as well as point out where you went wrong but I just want to say thank you for being my strength and Savior in my tough time"I said lovingly to him.

The priest tells him that it was his turn to say his vows and he says " you are my guiding shining light like the sun who kept on brightening up every single day that I spent with you is like a dream come true and for that reason t I'm finally that I have gotten the chance to now called you my wife even though I secretly say when you're sleeping at night." he pushed my hair behind my ears as his hands began to lightly brush against my cheeks and then he continued to speak "you made me become a better person than who I was before and after this, I couldn't wait to the kiss the living daylight out of you."

Flashback ended

.................................................
Six years later

After we got married, no longer in university anymore, and now we were finally comfortable in our careers including having four children throughout the years since Cole my husband was insisting on us raising a whole football team but we decided to have a comprises between the two of us to only have four children because we both have a very promising career.

In addition to this, my children were crazily running around the house in excitement to get to see their cousins and their friends as we were all getting ready for a reunion to be reunited with our friends again however we were all living in different locations except for Lana and my brother Layton who were our next door neighbor that we always keep up with our movie marathon in each other houses, therefore, we are going to the Blue Ridge beautiful beach to lit up sparklers, roasting marshmallows, sing along to songs and talk about life instead of just hosting one of our favorite annual barbecues in my backyard.

Eloise, my four-year-old daughter was playing with my one-year-old daughter Emerson and she said "Mummy, I can not wait to see my best friends Serenity and Valerie!" I brush her hair with a hairbrush softly, and then I began to braid it because her smooth brunette hair was growing too long past her shoulders.

My husband Cole was getting our five years old, and six-month son ready to go to the bonfire party at the beach since I was very cautious of the sparklers so I asked all of my friends if we could just watch the firework without lighting up sparklers because I was keeping a watchful eye on my children. I already know what it feels like to lose a child and I don't want to go through that scary experience again. Also I was lucky enough to be able to have children after that horrible accident of getting shot in the leg making me lose a child when I was twenty-one year old.

Every Summer we will meet up at this beach especially when they all grow up to be young adults who can decide on stuff for themselves or are older enough to drive a car; that may lead towards any destinations. The importance of friendship and family members is to remind us that they will always be there for us in our time of need whenever we need them, but they will always be one phone call away from home to save the day.

"Eloise, your aunt and uncle have confirmed that they are coming to the beach but I will invite him so, please get along with Sidney," I told my daughter who denied being rude to the Rogers family son.

However, my wonderful husband come down the stairs in the middle of our eldest daughter complaining about how he says that she has girl cuties which were so absurd to her until she educated them not to mention called him a meanie although, my husband was pretty furious on the outside of his face while I bet he was secretly relieved especially when he told her she wasn't allowed to date until she sixty years old because his girls were his specials little protective of them. He even made our son promise to protect their sister if we were not when they were older for the sake of their safety

"Mommy, it's not my fault that he is so annoying-"

He interrupted our eldest daughter and said "oh, princess when I was eighteen years old I was annoying to your Mummy because I didn't know I love her until I saw her with someone else," he winked at me, but he turned around to face her and told her "promised me that you will swear off all boys until you are at least sixty year olds."he holds out his little fingers to both of our daughters to triples pinkie swears promised with them as my heart swells with pride and joy when i'm giggling at the scene i was watching right in front of me.

"I promise dada."said our eldest daughter Eloise , ever so cutely to her dad linking her pinkie finger with his little finger.

Honestly, I don't know what he is gonna do when Eloise and Emery grow older?

We were all heading outside if our home to enter his car for him to drive us all the way to the beach as i put the baby diaper bags filled with a huge amount of essentials in the boot of the car while we both get your youngest children ready to sit in their booster seat including clipped their seatbelt on before he started the car and we get inside of it when the engine started up he drive us toward our destination on the road as we continued to listen to the music as well as singing alongside my children to entertain them from being bored although we have arrived at the beach by twelve thirty in the midday two out of four of our kids was thirsty so i gave them both those tiny water bottles to drink out from meanwhile, we got out of the car as soon as he parked the car in the parking lot removing the drinks including all the other important stuff in the back of our carboot to takes it with us during our walk toward the beach i saw my best friend also the aunties of my children Lana siting down on a deckchair attached to a umbrella protecting her from the sun.

Furthermore, I called out to lana until she realize that it was me walking heading in her direction we ran excitedly toward each other leaving our husband behind to take of both of our children since we hardly ever found the quality time to go to each other houses like we used to when we were younger because now we were fully grown adults who has children to take care and a great career. Lana and I were catching up on each other live then we noticed our other friends were coming up to us as all of our children were playing in the sand building sandcastles which make a picture perfect moment today was a day that i will never forget in my twenty seven years of living.

"I thought that we will never see the day where we both ended up with our own happily after!"I laughed through my smiles.

"Life is literally full of surprises, for example you got your tall dark brooding man to start believing in love and falling in love with you within the same month." Lana brought up to me " or how i fell in with your older brother." she pointed that out to me.

"Let's do this every year as tradition and buy a summer house too." I suggested to Lana who nodded her head in agreement with what I was saying to her.

A crazy roller coaster was what all of our lives was like to be honest with myself i was loving every single minutes of it if not for the bumped we had up and down ride that make you feel a little dizzy until you start felt sick to your stomach unless you have a safety haven that protect you from what was worse to come in a wild hurricane which has turned your life for the better to make you realize what unconditionally real and true love felt like when we had grown conversation without constantly being at each other throat every twenty four seven like real adults make me noticed that i have always seen the good in him regardless of his terrifying past it help everyone to know that they were only beautifully flawed humans who once had been through so much pain in their past lives.

Therefore, i hoped our children will one day understand what we went through come out alive as we will sacrifice anything for our loves one and that they won't have to go through the same trauma that we had experience in order to realize that they are lucky to be alive or to even breathe the same fresh air as we did. All in all i pray that we all get to see a brighter tomorrow every single days of our lives to get to experience a chance of happiness and the world has taught me sometimes you don't need to depend anyone to make you happy but you can choose to make yourself and the other people who were around you to be happy.

The fireworks was bursting into the sky so loudly that i have to get my children to stay close to me as i placed noise canceling headphone on them while their dad get their food out of the food cooler when we all watched the fireworks pop up in the sky together with friends and family making the most of our summer holiday before our kids grow up as teenager or young adults and might not want to spend their holidays with us anymore.

The End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 341 24
As summer comes to an end, Tony's life feels like it's falling apart. At the beginning of the summer, her boyfriend decided it would be better to en...
47.1K 3.4K 28
Losing the love of my life taught me that inactions have consequences. My new bookkeeping job teaches me that numbers don't lie, but people do. Shar...
206K 8.7K 23
'Accidents happen'. That's what people say. Yet, some accidents take away from us more than others. Ethan had it all. Everything was lined up in fr...
38.3M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...