Feels Like Home

By pahinanoel

A Duskwood Tale. Jake is free and he get to start his life with MC (Mahri). This has a bit of drama and a l... More

I'm Free!!
Alive again
Warming up
Confessions and Coffee
Twenty Questions
Surprises
Dance With Me
A Dream Fulfilled
Breaking Point
42 hours and 38 minutes
Old Friend, Good Advice
more good friends and some good advice
Assumptions
Facts
returned
First Date
Day to Night
Haunted House
Bonding Time
When Harry met Margaret
The Rocket, Dinner Prep, and A Minor Disaster.
Truth
Waiting Game
Distance
Priorities
The Moment
Snowed In
power
Plans
Adoration
Holding Tight

Big brother

101 4 18
By pahinanoel

Jake's POV:

I wake up still dreaming of her in my arms. I can't stop the smile from forming on my face. That may have been the most restful night of my life. Sleep has always eluded me. When Nana died, I stopped being able to let my brain rest. It was as though I was always waiting for something bad to happen and I couldn't let my guard down. That is until Mahri came into my life. Now I am at peace and can finally allow myself to relax.

It is a luxury.

The four years of hiding and the many years before that of being without a real family had taken a toll on me. With her in my arms, I no longer feel alone or afraid and I am able to rest and heal from wounds that I had long since locked away, wounds that I hadn't been able to deal with. 

The last time that I had slept this well was when we fell asleep on the couch and before that, I can't even remember. The smile on my face is evident, well, it would be evident had there been someone to see it. She wasn't here. I feel around to see if she has just rolled over, but there is nothing.

Disappointed, I slowly open my eyes to find the shades drawn. It must be late.

I watch her try to sneak back into the room. We will have to work on her stealthy skills. Right now, she is far from sneaky. I smile as she almost trips over a shoe and curses under her breath. She looks up and sees me watching her, I am sure she notices the slight smile that has crept up on the corners of my mouth, and her face flushes. "Shoot. You are awake. I was going to sneak back in hoping that you would still be asleep. I was hoping to cuddle a little before we have to start our day, even though it is already late. I tried to let you sleep. You are so cute when you are sleeping, and when you are awake if I am being honest." She whispers apologetically.

This is my favorite idea, starting the day with her, staying in late, and enjoying the feeling of her in my arms before anything outside of this room has to be dealt with. Someday, it will be the norm. I have to be patient. I will be patient.

"I am not yet awake, and I would never say no to a cuddle with you. I mean, that would be ridiculous. If I ever say no to a cuddle, check me for fever and take me to the nearest hospital." I say, opening only one eye to watch her and meaning every word.

She climbs back beside me, her arm sliding over my chest, her leg wrapped around mine. Heaven. This is what Heaven must feel like. I don't know what I think about the afterlife or the creator or fate or destiny, but I believe with my whole heart that her heart was made to be where mine dwells.

I wrap my arm around her tight, holding her close, and let out a deep sigh of contentment. We don't speak, we just feel the warmth of each other and drift off and on into that place where contentment dwells.

Then I feel a soft breath on my cheek and she kisses me.

I pull her closer until she is almost on top of me, and her eyes lock onto mine. "I am not complaining," I begin, "but if you start this, it will be very hard to stop. I have been dreaming of you all night and I..."

She interrupts, "Shut up and kiss me, you nerd."

I smile at the nerd comment, I am a nerd proudly, but I haven't heard that term since middle school. I stop and look into her eyes. "Nerd, huh?" I ask as a smile again crosses my face.

"Yes. Are you going to kiss me or do I need to rescind my offer?" She asks.

I knew I wouldn't say no to her offer. I slow down as my smile turns serious. Her eyes have a glimmer in them as she stares at my lips and then meets me back in the eyes. She is above me and I am holding her tightly, her hips resting on mine. Our breathing has slowed to match each other and the only thing that I can think of is her. I have to watch how far I go with her. It is becoming very hard not to explore her to the fullest.

I move one hand from her hip to her head and pull her to lips toward mine. To say this started out with the gentlest of kisses would be misleading. Our lips touched ever so slightly, but the electricity that sparks between us is immediate. I don't know if it is the fact that all of our truths have been shared or the fact that we have been headed toward this moment for so long. It may simply be because she is who fate determined for me to be with. Whatever the cause, the electricity that isn't granted to most couples exists in our world with the slightest of gestures.

The kisses start small, slight pecks on her lips, her cheeks, and her eyes. I roll her to the side of me so that my hands can touch her face, and run through her hair. We lay side by side staring into each other's eyes between kisses and I reach for her hand. Our fingers intertwine as one of her hands softly starts tracing patterns on my biceps. The soft swirls of her fingertips drive me mad and I deepen the kiss.  Her lips are firm and soft.  I ask permission to enter her mouth and when it is granted, I explore it passionately, our tongues dancing with each other. My hand moves to her side, I find a small spot of skin where her shirt has raised and begin mimicking the circles that she is drawing on my arm. Her hands begin to roam up and down my arm, leaving the memory of light touches behind as she moves. I hear a moan escape her lips as my touches increase which may be the most erotic sound that I have ever heard.

It spurs me to move deeper, from her lips to her neck. She moves her neck to the side allowing me more access. The taste of the warm flesh there is richer and more delicious than the finest chocolate. I am careful not to leave a mark. I move my hand up a little more under the hem of her shirt I just so happened to discover. The lines I trace get longer and the touch moves closer to her heart. The more I learn about her and the things she likes, the more I am encouraged to continue. Her hands move and I think she is about back up, but I feel her fingers begin to unbutton the pajama top that she gave me last night.

The second that she touches the exposed skin, I shudder. It is as if every nerve ending comes to life. It isn't as if I have never been with a woman, I haven't had a clean past, but I haven't ever been like this. With Mahri, I feel alive.

She removes her lips from mine and slips my arms out of my shirt, throwing it on the floor. Then she rolls me onto my back and straddles my legs. I am trying to catch my breath when she leans down and starts kissing my chest. My hand begins to move up her side, touching all of the skin that I can find. I stop when I reach the underside of her breast. She inhales but does not stop her mission to place kisses on every inch of my body then grabs my hand and moves it to her breast, letting me know that I am free to explore that part of her as well. I take her nipple gently between my fingertips and twist it between them. She is moaning now, I can't take it anymore.

Her kisses have not stopped, though I redirect them back to my mouth. There is an intimacy found there that I was missing.

She is beginning to get twitchy. I grab the hem of her shirt and lift it over her head. I pause and watch her, sitting above me, she has the most beautiful and amazing body. More than I could imagine. More than I did imagine when I was on the run and so, so lonely for human contact.

"Mahri," I speak, the first words in a while, "You are the most incredible looking woman, I love your body and the way that you feel..." she interrupts my words with her kiss and I flip her over so that she is underneath me. Her hair falls in soft curls around her face as I loom over her. I take a breath as I softly move some of the strands of hair that have fallen over her chest and I lean down to place kisses on her neck, and on her collarbone. I slowly move my mouth down into that sweet valley between her breasts. Her pulse quickens as my mouth closes in on one of her breasts and I begin to suck, eliciting some soft mews as I continue to explore her stiff peaks. Her hands greedily reach for me, scratching my back and pulling me close. I move to the other breast, giving it the same loving treatment. Her body is perfection, she tastes like every beautiful thing I could think of. I am sure that I could come up with a better analogy, but right now, my mind is a fog, enchanted by everything I am discovering about her. My leg moves between hers and she begins to settle in.

Things are getting serious and I should stop this. I don't know if I can. "Mahri," I say, pulling back ad looking into her eyes. "Should we stop? How are you feeling? Do you regret anything?"

"No regrets," she whispers, she is out of breath and her voice is husky, full of lust. Her lips are still searching for me. They land absently on whatever they can find. "I love you, Jake. I need you. Please don't stop."

That was enough for me. I returned in earnest to her breasts, my mouth on one and my hand greedily playing with the other. Her back begins to arch and I can tell she is on the verge. Her hand moves to the hem of my pants and she is loosening the string.

When the doorbell rings.

the FUCKING doorbell.

The FUCKING BULLSHIT doorbell.

Who doesn't call ahead? How were we going to get out of this without being embarrassed? Would this interruption be enough to force her to back off and run again? I think we are past that point, but, I could be wrong.

My head falls to her chest and I can see that she is as frustrated as I am, but she slides out from underneath me. "I am sorry, Jake. I have to answer the door. Stay right here, maybe I can get rid of whoever it is. Don't move. I would like to think that we are not done here." She slides on her top and heads out of the room.

I am left to wonder about her, about the speed at which we are moving, about the high I feel when she is in my arms the way that we have this morning. I hope that I didn't cross too many lines I hope that she wants me as much as I want her. I hope...

Then I hear the voices. The first is Jessy and the lower voice is Dan.

I don't think I am ready for this and I don't want to stop what we had going. I need coffee and I need to find a way to calm down the situation that is happening in my lower half.

I decide a cold shower will help. Before I can get up and head into the shower, Mahri sneaks into the room.

"I tried, everything really, to get them to come back tonight, but Jessy says she can't wait to resolve this situation. I can't get them out of here. They know you are here and have promised to be on their best behavior. They brought breakfast and croissants and coffee. I am willing to bet that their coffee is not as good as yours. You can show off the machine while we talk." She says as if the lure of showing off the machine can compare to the feeling of her in my arms or the sight of her topless or the taste of her on my tongue. I don't want coffee or food, I want her and I am not afraid to pout a little bit.

I hop off of the bed and grab her around the waist, kissing her with all of the love I have, with all of the passion and the want in my body. I am doing nothing to ease the frustration of being interrupted. She kisses me back hard and long.

"Are you sure that you can't change their mind?" I ask and she shakes her head. I grab her ass and pull her in close, "We could just make them wait, thirty minutes should be long enough."

"Mmmmm, " she whimpers, " I think I have more than thirty minutes in mind. I need your full attention. I want our first time to be something special, not a stolen moment while our friends can hear me scream your name."

"Oh, you are a screamer?" I didn't realize that excited me until this moment.

"Not usually," She replies, "but the things you were doing to me in there makes me believe that I will be with you." I smile. She continues and pokes me in the chest, "Stop gloating." She looks down at my pants and says, "Go take a cold shower, it looks like you need one, Don't take too long before you bring your fine ass out there. I don't want to face them alone."

I head to the bathroom, but she calls me before I make it, "Baby," she says moving quickly across the room to whisper in that sultry voice of hers, the one that I can't get enough of, "The next time we are together, it will be my mission to make you scream my name."

Oh, she is going to be the death of me. The perfect most enjoyable death that anyone has ever known.

I can not wait until the next time, but she is right about one thing, The next time needs to be special and I have just the plan. I have to work out some wrinkles, but it will be worth it.

I blush and head to the shower. I hear her wicked laugh as she heads out the bedroom door. She loves getting me excited and I love it when she does it.

Mahri's POV:

Once outside, I take a deep breath.

Dan sits on a chair, his head between his hands and Jessy gives me another hug and begins handing out breakfast to me.

"Mahri, I am..." Dan begins.

"Save it, I am not talking to you until he is out here. That is how it is going to be." I say firmly.

I love Dan, but I have not forgiven him for his actions. Jake deserved none of it and if Dan can't get his act together and accept Jake, I won't be able to be with him as friends. I have very little tolerance left for people who can't care for Jake. He has experienced a lifetime of rejection and loss and doesn't deserve any more from me or from anyone close to me.

Jessy tried small talk and it worked for a while. Jake finally walked out and took my breath away. It wasn't as though he looked any different, his hair was slightly damp, and he had on his clothes from last night. Now, however, I could see the way that his arms flexed and flitted in a dimly lit room, how his eyes darkened when he looked at me in those secret moments, and how his skin felt under my fingertips. Now that there are no secrets between us and now that I know what it feels like to be so close to him, I feel free to be completely enamored with his body and his soul. I walk across the room and place a kiss on his cheek. He grabs my hand.

Studying Dan's face, I see him hold back a smirk. He has to be able to control himself. I am still not sure if I can have both Jake and Dan in my life.

Jessy hands Jake a cup of coffee and some breakfast. He gives her a friendly peck on the cheek.

"Thank you, Jessica," he says as he pulls up a chair at the kitchen table. I scoot next to him, placing my hand on his knee. Our eyes meet for a second, but I look away. This was not the time for that.

"Before anything begins," Jessy says, "Dan has something to say. Please give him the chance to speak, even though his sorry ass doesn't deserve it. Before he starts, I want you two to know that I am sorry for the events that took place and I hope that we can all be the best of friends."

"Jessica," Jake softens his voice as he speaks, "You have nothing to apologize for. I sincerely hope that our relationship will blossom." His formal voice returns alerting me that he is uncomfortable, but he is here, and I love him for that. His words are sweet and I have no reason to believe that they aren't genuine. Besides, who doesn't love Jessy?

"Go on, Dan. Speak your words," I say forcefully.

"Jake, Mahri, "Dan begins, " I am, from the very bottom of my heart, sorry for being such an asshole that night. I had no right to behave the way I did. My only defense was my sincere concern for my friend, Mahri If you haven't noticed, I don't always make wise choices in bars and when I believe my friend to be treated poorly, I lose my shit." He has practiced this speech and had help writing it but I do believe he means the words.

"Jake, she had been here in the worst state that I have ever seen in the time you two weren't talking. She kept telling me that you weren't to blame, but all that I know of Mahri says that she can do no wrong, therefore, making me believe that the separation between you two had to have been your fault. I mean, why on Earth would you stay away from someone like her? I still don't know how you ended up with someone like her, she is..." Jessy coughs, bringing Dan back to himself before he says something that we will all regret. Jake has a slightly amused look on his face. "Sorry," Dan continues, "Then, I saw you in a bar with that beautiful girl and assumed that must have been the reason. I assumed that you would only be able to let Mahri go if there had been someone else in the picture. It was honestly the only thing my drunken mind could think of."

He pauses and looks at Jake, "Please accept my apology. I have missed Mahri and our friendship. Mahri, please know that everything that I did was because I wanted to protect you. I feel like you are my sister and you know that I am overprotective. And Jake, If Mahri thinks that you are worth a chance, then I would love to get to know you and have a friendship." Jessy was mouthing the words coming out of Dan's mouth, affirming my suspicion that she had helped him write it and practice. They are quite the team. Dan could never have articulated these thoughts, but he felt them.

I look at Jessy and then at Jake, Jessy's eyes are full of hope. Dan's regret is evident. I begin to speak, "Dan, I don't know if I can accept your apology. I tried to tell you that Jake had done nothing wrong. I tried to tell you to trust me, but you just couldn't accept Jake or trust my judgment. I care about you. I really do, but Jake is my life. You have to trust him and you have to trust me. You can't walk around like a big idiot gorilla acting on every impulse. If alcohol makes you behave that way perhaps you should back off your drinking for a bit." I feel my face soften, but I haven't heard from Jake yet. If he wasn't ready to forgive, I wasn't either.

Dan speaks next, "Mahri, I want you to know that I haven't had a drink since that day. I hope that you can forgive me so that I can prove to you that I trust you and that I can give Jake the chance that I should have given him from the start."

I look at Jake, he hasn't spoken yet. "What do you think, Jake?" I ask squeezing his leg. My hand has moved up to his thigh. He rests his hand on top of mine and I feel the connection that I had been missing.

He pauses, I can tell that he wants to get this right. I know that he is comfortable with me, but navigating strangers is a challenge.

"I forgive you, Dan, we all make mistakes. I actually appreciate your desire to protect Mahri. I know that she means a lot to you and that you and Jessica mean the world to her. I understand what it looked like and if you had been right about me, I would want nothing else than for you to protect her. I do have a favor to ask?"

Jake looks at Dan and Dan nods.

"If you do think I am doing something to hurt this wonderful, amazing woman, please talk to me before you try and kill me. If I am not around and someone messes with her, use your poor judgment and keep her safe. I trust her in your care." Jake finishes and I am so in awe of the man that he is. Once again he has surprised me with his kindness and generosity.

This is more than I could have expected or asked for.

Dan takes a deep breath and smiles, "I would like that, to take care of her, to be her big brother, and to be your friend as well, if you let me." Dan offers his hand.

Jake shakes his hand, " I must warn you. It has been a long time since I have been a friend. We may have to work together to find out what that looks like for us."

Dan nods and tells Jake, "I am not sure if you know what a friendship with me is like. But you shook my hand and that is a contract, my man. I speak my mind, and I act before I think. Jessy is trying to help me fix my flaws." He looks at her with adoring eyes and wraps his arm around her waist.

"We will find a way to sort this all out," Jake says. "I am brooding at times and take things too seriously. I, too, am working on that with the help of this wonderful woman."

I take a deep breath, thankful for Jake and the man that he is. I look at him with tears in my eyes and he beams at me. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and leans in for a kiss when Jessy runs up and hugs Jake around the neck. I see a smile, but I hear an ever-so-slight sigh of exasperation in his voice. "Thank you, Jake. I am so glad that we can all be good friends." Jessy goes from hugging Jake to me. She is almost giddy. I have missed that enthusiasm. "I can't wait for all of the times that we are going to have."

"Wait until you meet Betty, you are going to love her, she reminds me a bit of Dan actually, I mean, she isn't a gorilla, but she says what she thinks and she loves hard," I say. Jessy is about to ask more when Jake says, "Jessica, would you like more coffee, I can't wait until you meet the espresso machine and have the best cup of coffee in your life." Jake interjects. Jessy looks excited and walks over to the machine and watches and chats while Jake brews Jessy a concoction filled with espresso, chocolate, and chai all over ice.

After the coffee, Jessy finds me and we discuss Betty and other things we have missed out on over the last couple of weeks.

Dan looks at Jake and they start talking, pretty soon, I see a smile cross both of their faces. Maybe we can all get along. Maybe I can have it all and be blissful in and out of my relationship with Jake.

Is it possible that I don't have to sacrifice anything to be happy in life and in love?

The hours fly by and we decide to watch a movie. Jake and Jessy make the popcorn and snacks while Dan and I set up the living room, Jake and I hadn't picked up from the night before so we had a bit of a mess.

"So, things are really good between the two of you then?" Dan asks.

"They are perfect, he really does treat me well. With him, I am right where I belong, " I answer.

He grabs me and pulls me into a bear hug, "Good, you deserve all of the happiness the world can offer. What were you guys up to when we showed up anyway?" He winks at me. I have the feeling he knows the answer.

"Nothing," I say, "We we up to nothing." I unwittingly blush.

"I knew it. I told her to call first." He laughs deep from his belly. We are going to be all right. This is going to be all right. I am so glad that he is in my life again.

I punch him in that arm, "Shut up, but yeah, next time, call first." I wink. It is his turn to feel uncomfortable. He hangs his head and says, "Can I still make puking sounds when you two start making out in front of me?"

"I would expect nothing else from a little brother." I tease.

"I am your big brother, little lady, and have been given permission to assume that authority if need be." He jokes.

"I don't know what I think about the two of you conspiring, this collaboration is going to be..."

"Great." he interrupts. I know that he doesn't want to waste his second chance.

"It is." I nod as Jake and Jessy enter the room.

"What movie did you pick out?" Jessy asks.

"We were waiting on you guys, What do we want to watch? A comedy?" I am talking to no one in particular.

"One with lots of boring parts so we can make out?" Jake teases, pushing his luck in the mixed company.

I look at him with a twinkle in my eye. "Darling, that is for a later time." I watch his cheeks darken.

Jake laughs out loud and I notice Dan tries to keep his comments to himself. I see his eyes roll in jest and giggle. Jessy and Dan share the couch, and I sit on Jake's lap in the armchair. We pick a Christmas comedy and settle in.

The movie starts and I lean over and whisper in Jake's ear. "Thanks for being the wonderful man that you are. I love you."

He responds in my ear, "I love you. Thanks for letting me be in your life. I don't know what I did to deserve it."

I kiss his cheek and he tightens his grip around my waist. I look at my friends at what I hope to be the very start of their relationship. Jessy's head rests on Dan's shoulder his arm wrapped around her and a smile as wide as the Mississippi on his face. It makes me happy to think of the two of them together.

For the moment, everything is perfect. I know that it can't always be this way, but I am going to rest in the happiness that I feel.

My head falls against Jake's shoulder and his fingers play with my hair as I begin to watch the movie, reciting the lines that are so familiar to me. Jake's eyes stare at me and not the TV. His look is that of adoration. I meet his gaze and the world around us dissolves, that is until I hear Dan gripe, "Is this going to turn into a porno with you two because that is a whole deal that I am not prepared for... I am not saying that I am not into it, but I am going to need a lot of whiskey, which Jessy has forbidden me to drink for the moment."

I hear Jessy laugh and we can't help but join her all relishing the fact that we are together and at peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.4K 1.7K 11
A week after Hannah Danford has been found and brought back home safe, Jake decides to visit Duskwood to finally meet his half-sisters - and you. You...
792 13 4
Finally the day had arrived. Jake and MC were face to face after rescuing Hannah. But Jake's words would be something MC didn't expect. A Jake that d...
1.4K 63 10
MC finally meets up with Jake. But what was supposed to be a fun night at the Aurora ends up becoming much more.
6.1K 272 20
Its been five years since everything happened in Duskwood. She's living in Colville for three years now with her best friend Jessy. She had different...