¦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐞-𝐬𝐚𝐧?¦^𝐊𝐍𝐘 𝐗...

By whynotthrowitback

☆------------------------------☆ This story talks about the life of a demon slayer who's only goal was to fix... More

note
✧༺current relationship status༻✧
𝑐ℎ.;1 |𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒|
𝑐ℎ.;2 |Final Selection|
𝑐ℎ.;3 |The After-Effects|
𝑐ℎ;4 |Afraid|
𝑐ℎ.;5 |Encounter|
𝑐ℎ.;6 |Where Are You?|
𝑐ℎ.;7 |Nuisance|
𝑐ℎ.;9 |Almost|
𝑐ℎ.;10 |The Trial|
𝑐ℎ.;11|The Reunion|
✧༺current relationship status ༻✧

𝑐ℎ.;8 |Ranking up|

199 10 1
By whynotthrowitback

a/n

idrk but im sorry if theres too many timeskips or smth in this story i just dont feel like writing everything thats been happening to the mc every year of their lives <3

hope youre all doing well

have a good read!!

.•*:。✩ランクアップ.•*:。✩

You didn't know what to say to Shinobu, as of now she'd probably be mad at you since you left the butterfly estate as soon as you heard the news.

You thought of excuses that could potentially help your case. 

Perhaps buying a trinket for both Shinobu and Kanao?

You thought maybe if you said you went out to buy something to help them you could've easily covered up the fact that you ran off because you were a coward. 

You didn't feel bad for lying, you thought it was for the best.

As the sun was rising, and the shops in the town you were currently walking through were opening, you decided to buy them something that could hold deep meaning and a sign of memorial for their dear sibling Kanae.

You were saddened by the fact that Kanae has passed, you guys were close too. As said before, you were like sisters. You will never forget all the conversations you had with her, especially the 'girly' talk.

.

"Have you ever had a crush [Name]?"

"A crush?"  You put a finger on your chin, hinting that you were deeply thinking.

You thought, instead of talking about your history of liking people, you decided to tease Kanae.

"Y'know, I've seen the white haired boy stare at you..."

She already knew who you were talking about, "Nuh uh!! I only tend to him, there's absolutely nothing going on!!" She answered completely embarrassed, covering her reddened face with her hands.

You however held no mercy.

"Oh come on! That boy comes to the infirmary almost every mission! It's as if he gets harmed only to see you!" 

She lightly hit your shoulder, silently telling you to stop.

"So what, you've never had a crush [name]??" She wanted something to tease you with too.

You thought about it for a second, "Hmm, no."

Your short reply had her anticipating face switch to disappointment.

"There's no way you don't have one! Is there literally no one you have a little crush on?" She pushed for an answer further.

"Well... We don't talk anymore," You now shared the disappointed look.

"Aw don't worry [Name], maybe there will come a day where you talk again!"

"I sure hope so," Was your last reply to the conversation about boys.

.

You wanted to smile thinking back at the memory, but you didn't want to look like a psychopath in public. The market was slowly starting to fill with people. you continued to look around for something that could potentially make good gifts.

Looking for something for Shinobu was hard, but finding something for Kanao was even harder. Every time you had visited the butterfly estate, the little girl barely talked. The first time you saw her, you didn't question it and just accepted the fact that Kanae probably took her in.

Kanao was training to go to the final selection. You knew the girl had talent, so without a doubt she'd finish it.

Some training equipment could definitely make her brighten up.

As for Shinobu, you already had an idea what to buy. You knew Shinobu was always obsessed with insects, way more than Kanae, and she had the haori you knew Shinobu would love. The haori Kanae wore was definitely bloodied, so buying the exact same one for Shinobu sounded like a good idea.

After trying to negotiate with the sellers because you thought the prices were incredibly high, you finally got what you wanted and started your way to the butterfly estate.

You knew going in there and just give them the gifts wasn't a good idea. They were clearly mourning after Kanaes passing. You planned to approach carefully and talk with them if it was necessary.

.

"Craw!! [Name]!! Craw!! You have an urgent meeting with the master!! With Oyakata-sama!!"

You knew your crow tended to over exaggerate, but after hearing your crow utter the words Oyakata-sama, you knew it was important.

Instead of heading to the butterfly estate where you planned to you comfort the languishing siblings, you headed to the demon corps headquarters.

You weren't sure where you were going, as you followed your crow. After what seemed like forever you finally seemed to have gotten to your destination.

You assumed you arrived at Oyakata-samas estate, as he was sat there on his wooden porch. Next him stood two of his daughters.

You stepped closer, waiting for something to happen. You didn't know if you should say something or wait for them to start.

Oyakata-sama was blind, you didn't know from what but you did hear he was poisoned. 

"There you are my dear child, I've invited you here for a reason. Please, sit down."

You've never heard his voice, but you didn't expect that. His voice sounded like a melody, it was soft yet strong enough to deliver the message.

You sat in front of him on his wooden porch. He was sat behind the open fusuma. You were nervous, you didn't know why you were here.

"I've heard you defeated the lower moon demon 4?" You stayed silent.

You didn't know what to expect, you could only imagine getting praised by the master of the demon slayer corps.

You nodded, then remembering Oyakata-sama is blind, you quickly said "Yes,"

He then continued, "It takes strength and courage to defeat a moon demon, you did well [Name]. So far only a few have defeated one of Muzans moon demons, and you are one of them. Therefore, after showing such great durability, I offer you the position of a hashira. The sun hashira."

You just stared blankly at him, just being offered to be at the highest rank was your dream, and you are now experiencing it. You didn't feel lucky, you felt proud. Proud that your hard work has been finally payed off. 

You can't just lay off now, you knew you had to work harder than before to fit the hashira standard.

"I would love to accept the offer, Oyakata-sama." You sounded almost a bit too enthusiastic.

"I'm pleased to hear that. You'll be informed about any future hashira meetings through your crow. You're dismissed."

You then left, almost too happy you've reached your goal.

You had completely forgotten to give the trinkets you bought to the butterfly estate. You wanted to quickly leave and inform your father about your success. After thinking for a moment,  pondering if you should visit them or it, you decided to write a letter and give the trinkets with it.

.

"I've done it father, I became the sun pillar. I finally have enough strength to work with to defeat muzan."

You thought it was time to say your last prayer and leave. You had one more person to visit in mind.

It had been 2 years since you last spoke with Sakonji Urokodaki. You thought this was the best time to come and say hello. Maybe even tell him about the hashira thing.

Even if the sun was setting, you still had time.

You arrived in front of his doorstep in a haste. You knocked on the door,

"Urokodaki-san! I've come to-"

Before you could finish your sentence, he has already opened the door. 

"I apologize [Name], but it seems you have caught me at a bad time. I've got a student that's currently resting."

You felt disappointed, but accepted his answer and went on your weary way.

... To be continued

 a/n 

next chapter coming out sooonnnnn

if theres any error dont be afriad to point it out!!! ill fix it quickly- ///

i deadass confused myself and i kinda forgot how old the mc is here but oh well

byebyeeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 45 20
**Main Character (MC):** Name: [Your Name] Age: 19 Background: Meet [Your Name], a fierce and determined Demon Slayer whose journey is about to tak...
74.9K 1.5K 35
(Y/n) had always been maltreated by her family. When her mother was murdered, she was left alone with her dad and was continually tormented by him. (...
200K 5.9K 61
𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 child of the Kamado family was no easy task. You took on chores with your mother, and soon enough, you had to take car...
931K 13.8K 47
I don't own the anime/manga 'Demon Slayer' or the images used in this book this is just a fanfic. Feel free to send requests, sorry but "x Reader" ch...