𝑐ℎ.;1 |𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒|

A/n;

Hello, this is the first chapter of  "onee-san?"

I hope my writing isn't too shabby

Have a great read 

[disclaimer,, might have some errors since English isn't my first language]

✩。:*•.序章.•*:。✩

A little kid was seen playing by themselves in front of a wooden house. It was so small that some rich people might even mistake it as a shed. But yet there you were, living your best life as an only child.

You never complained about anything, in fact, you could be called the most grateful child ever.

Your parents could be considered the happiest couple there is.

Everything seemed perfect. But just because you seemed happy, doesn't always mean you were. Something was missing, a missing piece in your life.

You, a 6-year-old had to do a lot of work, to help not only your busy parents but also the people in the village.  You grew really independent at that age.

"Ah, [Name]! Please dear come here. We have a surprise for you!"  

"Yes, mother?" Your voice rang out.  You saw your father standing next to your mother, which held her stomach.  Your curious eyes went to look at their happy faces. 

"We're having another baby! Aren't you excited to have a sibling!?" 

...

A baby... A sibling... Another being to take care of... Oh no...

Your eyes darted to the floor, completely spacing out.

"Well, honey?" Your father questioned looking a bit worried about your reaction.

"Yes, that's amazing!" You smiled happily. Both of their faces were smiling widely at your reaction. At least you were happy.

.

You were 10 years old now, already taking steps into becoming a demon slayer. Yesterday you got the news that your mother is pregnant, again.

They are acting like animals in heat, when will they stop breeding gosh.

You thought bitterly yet shamefully. You loved your siblings, you really did, but can they all afford things we needed? No. So why keep doing it? You didn't know. You never really questioned it. 

Your younger brother, Tanjiro, was treated much better than you were. You couldn't help but think like that. 

'Hey mother! Look at this technique I learned!  - Not right now dear! I'm putting Nezuko to sleep!

Hey, am I holding the katana right? - No. Do it more elegantly. '

You couldn't take criticism yet you wanted the attention your younger sibling got. The never-ending jealousy always pinging you in your stomach making you want to just throw it up but you couldn't.

"Onee-san!!! Can you show me how you did that? It looked amazing!"

"Huh? Wait really? Of course!" 

Tanjiro? Asking you to show him what you learned? Finally, someone giving you the attention you ached for.

.

Now, 11, you were ready to go to the final selection. 

Did your father allow you? No, Of course not. But you needed to see if your work will be paid off, or will it go to waste. You weren't worried about coming back home, you were worried that your strength will not be enough. Your heart ached for validation and you will get it.

It was now around 3 o'clock in the morning, you already set everything you might need in a very neat basket. You were outside, overthinking if you should really go or listen to your father. Your heart ached so badly, just now you realized you're putting yourself in a life-or-death situation. If you weren't home, who would be here to take care of everyone? No one, exactly.

But you were selfish.

"Onee-san?"

Your heart leaped.

"Tanjiro? What are you doing out here so late?" you said.

"Something smelled bad so I came outside to check!" He said.

You didn't appreciate being called smelly, but you continued.

"It's none of your business, go back inside before everyone wakes up." You said.

'Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so harsh.'

He looked hurt, but he respected you without any words. He went back inside. 

"Just please don't get hurt..."

Guilt was sitting at the bottom of your stomach, you instantly felt bad for leaving, but you decided that nevertheless it was for the best. Your siblings needed to learn how to become independent without you. 

Even with all these thoughts, your main goal was to prove yourself, so you began walking.

To be continued

⊏-------------------------------------------------------⊐

edited, hope you enjoyed the prologue