Die for me - Post Malone

By Pepepolly

"That is not clothing, it's not even underwear," he says, his voice strained. "No, but it is very provocative... More

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38

5

140 6 0
By Pepepolly

Interviews are always boring. They ask the same questions over and over.

"What would you be if not a singer?"

"Bored."

"Who are your musical influences?"

"Bruce Springsteen and Joan Jett."

"What or who inspires you?"

"I inspire myself."

"Do you have any pre-show rituals?"

"Drinking."

"What has been your biggest career highlight so far?"

"Playing at Wembley Stadium."

"When will your next album be released?"

"No fucking idea - oh, can I swear on the radio?"

"What instruments do you play?"

"All of them. My parents were big on me knowing every instrument known to man."

"Where do you see yourself musically in 5 years?"

"Dead."

"Do you have any advice for aspiring musicians?"

"Don't do it."

Same questions, same answers - different talk show. Then they always play a little game, either a guess your own lyrics, or a card game or something to get their audience laughing. It's mostly at her expense but, she doesn't care much so it's no big deal. The last part always gets her a little stressed because it's unpredictable - the fan questions. She never knows what question is going to be thrown at her and they are always personal. She tries to keep her private life vague, but it's hard sometimes when you are trying to answer genuinely. These people, her fans, are spending their hard-earned money on her and they are the only reason she is where she is today so she wants to give them something honest.

"Ok! Fan question time!" the radio presenter says, "our lines have been blowing up with callers and we have selected only the best questions. Ready?"

"Yup," Angel says sneaking a peek over her shoulder just to check that Austin is still there. His presence brings a little comfort although she will now never admit that to him after the shit he pulled in the car even though she had found it highly arousing. She could tell that he was being gentle with her although she had wished he had not been - she has a fucking problem.

"Ok, first question, and I have to say a lot of people phoned in with this one. It's a two-parter. Who are you currently dating and would you ever date a fan?"

"It's always the first question. I think I would date a fan if the opportunity arose. I would not date a person based on status or what they do for a living. So the same goes for a fan. As long as they treat me right that's all that counts. But, it would be hard for a fan - it's a different world, my relationships are always open to public opinion...so careful what you ask for."

She sidesteps the current relationship question, it's a little too personal.

"Yeah, that makes sense. Ok, next question. You have chosen to never speak about your parents or family, are you on bad terms with them?"

"Not all. They're all very supportive and we are all close. My parents are my favorite people and when life gets a bit tough it's them I run to."

"Ok, we have time for one more question. This is a serious one though. The person phoned in nonstop till we agreed to ask it. Who is the person you are singing about in your songs and why are you so obsessed with them?"

Angel's heart thumps against her chest. She has been asked that question loads of times but the way it's worded freaks her out a little. It's as if she has an obsession with someone, like she is stalking someone. She shifts in her chair and feels Austin step a little closer. He must have picked up on that too or she may just be losing her mind. She has the common sense to know she needs to be careful as to how she answers this question.

"My songs vary, some are made-up scenarios and some are experiences I have had with exes. But they are never of the same person. Obsession is a loaded word, I don't think it's healthy to have an obsession with anyone."

She stops talking when she feels Austin bump the back of her chair lightly. The radio host does not notice and happily moves on, thanking her for coming and then signing off his show. "Great show, Angel! Thanks for coming in," he says hugging her. "Your bodyguard scares the shit out of me," he whispers into her ear. "I also have perfect hearing," Austin says from behind them. The radio host lets her go and steps back with a sheepish smile. Austin needs to chill a little. "He is harmless, take no notice," she says stepping out of the booth door. Lia comes rushing in as she slips her phone into her locket and picks up Angel's bag. Angel says her goodbyes to everyone and then follows Lia out, Austin taking hold of her elbow softly.

She stops as interns and other radio hosts step out into the hallway to meet her. Austin looks like he wants to tell them to get away, but he says nothing and stands silently by her side. When they eventually make it to the front desk the receptionist stops her and hands her a big bunch of flowers and a note. "That was delivered here for you. You have some very loyal fans," she says. Lia takes the flowers and Angel takes the note then they walk out the front doors. The fans are screaming and cheering so she walks closer to the barrier and takes pictures with them, chats, and signs some stuff. She expects Austin to pull her away but he stands to the side watching her like a hawk, he does not hurry her up.

After a while, she has had enough and looks at Austin hoping he catches on to her silent cue. He does, and takes her elbow softly pulling her away. He opens her door and she climbs in. He stares at her with raised eyebrows and she looks back at him in confusion. "I think he wants you to put on your seatbelt," Nate says. Angel sighs and puts on her seatbelt, Austin gives her a tight nod then closes her door and climbs in. "He is very bossy. You really should get rid of him," Lia says with a little huff. "Where to now?" Angel asks her, ignoring her little statement. "You have studio time booked," Lia says. Angel groans, she really does not feel like working on her music right now- but work is work she supposes.

She opens the letter as Nate drives toward the studio and her blood runs cold as she reads the words, without thinking she reaches out and digs her nails into Austin's shoulder as she tries to get her breathing under control. She expects him to shout at her or rip her fingers away but instead, he tells Nate to stop the car. He steps out, opens her door, and looks at her. She hands him the letter.

I heard you coming in. I didn't know it was you, got the gun from the safe.

"He was in my house. He was there the whole time, Austin," she whispers. She can feel her panic raising, she can't breathe, and she starts hyperventilating. This is not funny anymore. He was in her fucking house. Austin unclips her seat belt and yanks her out of the car then pushes her up against her closed door. "Breath, just like this," he says taking slow breaths, she watches him and tries to copy him - eventually able to mimic his breathing. "He was in my house," she repeats. "He is not there anymore and you are safe with me," he promises her. "What about tonight? When you leave I will be alone again and he will come back," she says. "I am not leaving," he assures her. "You moving in?" she asks, relief flooding her body immediately. "Not moving in. Just staying over until I hire an appropriate team," he says. "No! It has to be you," she finds herself blurting out. She does not know why, but Austin makes her feel safe and she trusts him. "Don't be ridiculous," he says opening her door and pushing her back into the car snapping on her seatbelt.

"You ok?" Lia asks, her face creased with worry. "I am fine, just overworked," she says. "Angel, we are best friends. You can talk to me," Lia says reaching out for her but Angel pulls back. She is too freaked out to be touched. "I said I am fine. Just take me home, Nate. Please," she says. She would never normally cancel work but she feels as frazzled as Jona usually looks. Also, it's strange - she is normally able to ignore shit she does not like, but she can't ignore this. The first three letters did not phase her at all, but that's because they were just dropped off at Jona's office. These last two are fucking personal - not so much the letters but the things that happened around the letters. It freaks her the fuck out. He was in her house the whole time, listening to her talk to Charlie, hearing her shower - those noises she heard must have been him. It's fucking creepy.

"Stay in the car," Austin says as he climbs out at her house. "Lock the doors, Nate," Angel says as they watch Austin walk into the house and then back out and around the property. "What's going on, Angel?" Lia asks. "He is just a little over the top," Angel says. "Over the top? Angel, he asked me if I would agree to give him a sample of my DNA," Nate says. Angel looks at Lia who nods. He asked her the same thing. "Did you agree?" she asks them. "Would you say no to him? I think you hired an axe murderer... don't tell him I said that," Nate says. "You really should get rid of him," Lia says again. Why does she keep saying that? "He is fucking insane, but I would keep him around if I was you," Nate says. Angel agrees.

Austin walks back from behind the house and taps on the back window of the car. Nate unlocks the car and Austin opens the trunk taking out a suitcase. Then he walks around and opens her car door. "Out," he says. Angel jumps out and waves off the flowers Lia holds out to her.

"Take them."

"Oh but-"

"I said take them."

Angel sighs and takes the flowers then trudges inside, straight to her kitchen.

"Shit! Fuck!"

"Hello, Charlie!" she says throwing the flowers on the kitchen table and opening Charlie's cage taking him out and cuddling him. Austin walks in behind her, placing his bag down on a chair and then picking up the flowers. Angel watches as he pulls the arrangement apart with a concentrated frown. "What are you doing?" she asks still cuddling Charlie. "Working," he mumbles taking out his black book. "I can see that, but what exactly are you doing?" she asks. He ignores her as he inspects the paper they were wrapped in. "Where do they come from?" he says to himself under his breath. "The ground. Flowers come from the ground," Angel says sarcastically. Austin does not reply to her as he writes in his book. She puts Charlie down then sighs heavily and touches one of the flowers.

"Don't touch."

"Then tell me what you are doing."

Austin ignores her still and continues inspecting and writing neatly in his little black book. Angel watches him then reaches out, she picks up a flower and tackles his nose with it. He grabs it and pulls it out of her hand. "Tell me what you are doing and I will stop," she says picking up another flower. "These flowers were bought at a florist, Bellina Florist," he says holding up the corner of the wrapper that has a small sticker on it with the florist's name. "My guess is he lives in that area. I will visit them later today to see if they can tell me anything. Maybe there is camera footage," Austin says.

"I will come with you. I am not staying here alone," Angel says taking two coffee mugs from her cabinet. "Coffee?" she offers. "Yes," Austin says taking out his phone and inspecting it. Angel frowns, he is odd. But, she shakes her head and fills the cups with coffee, pushing one in front of him. He takes a sip without saying thank you so she picks it up and takes a sip from it, smiling as his eyes snap to her. "Next time say thank you," she says putting it down and pushing it in front of him again then picking up Charlie, she walks off to her room.

Austin is an ass.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.5K 2.1K 14
Luka is a 21 year old college student and she seems like any other college girl but what no one knows is she has an ability to heal and cure. she doe...
273K 10.3K 52
"So Andrea, do you remember me now?", he asked through gritted teeth, anger, frustration, hatred and slight hurt clearly heard in his voice. "I am no...
535 71 16
What do you do when you have grown up in violence and now live a life shrouded in darkness? What happens when you are the ringleader and ensure the p...
2K 196 23
Holi turns to look at him, and she feels what's left of her breath disintegrate from her lungs. Austin is standing by her side, illuminated by the mo...