The Mysterious Mr. Miller

By mahumwrites

"Why can't you let me go?" I asked, my voice dripping with frustration. He had cornered me against the wall... More

PROLOGUE
1. MEETING MR. MILLER
2. LOOSE SCREWS
3. KINKY
4. THE INTROVERT'S PARADISE
5. BRIEF FREEDOM
6. OLD TRUTHS
7. UNINVITED
8. THE SOFT CORNER
9. SHOPPING WITH MR. MILLER
10. THE OTHER WOMAN
11. SPITFIRE IN MY HOUSE
12. A BUNCH OF RASCALS
13. NIGHTMARE
14. CONTROLLING AND ABUSIVE
15. SHARING IS CARING
CHARACTERS
16. ROADTRIP
17. HATE ME LIKE YOU DO
18. HURDLE IN THE WAY
19. THE KIDNAPPERS
21. SEARCHING THROUGH THE PAST
22. A NIGHT AWAY
23. WALK OF SHAME
24. A PIECE OF TRUTH
25. ENCOUNTER
26. BEDMATES
27. SKIN TO SKIN
28. GOODBYE?
29. SWEET BETRAYAL
30. FORCEFULLY YOURS
31. LOCKED
32. JEALOUSY
33. IN THE HAZE
34. INSIDE THE HEART
35. SNIPPETS OF THE PAST
36. CRIMES AND TERRORS
37. CAPTURED
38. FINDING HER
39. DAMSEL IN DISTRESS
40. ESCAPE
41. KEEP ME CLOSE
42. INNER TURMOIL
EPILOGUE

20. SECURE

11.9K 496 29
By mahumwrites

PENELOPE

I never thought that a day will come when I feel safe and protected in Sean Miller's arms. Yet, I was holding on to him for my dear life. I wasn't hurt except a few scratches yet the kidnappers made sure to let me know what they were planning to do to me.

I shuddered at Sean's anger although it wasn't directed at me. It was pretty evident that he wasn't going to go easy on those two men. Once I had calmed down, he gently pulled away from me although I was hesitating to do so.

"Come on." He helped me stand up while still keeping me glued to his side.

As we walked out of the room, I saw Thomas singlehandedly controlling both of my kidnappers. Sean made me stand against the wall while he went forwards and gripped the Asian guy from his neck.

"Why did you kidnap her?" Sean asked, tugging on his hair so hard that his eyes popped out of his orbits.

"We... We were paid." The guy responded.

"By whom?" Sean growled.

"I don't know. We only talked to her on phone." He answered.

"Her?" Sean asked.

"Yes. It was a girl." The Asian guy responded.

"What did she instructed you to do?" Sean's hands tightened around his neck. This time, I didn't felt any mercy unlike the last time I watched him do such act. These people deserved to be treated like this the way they threatened to rape me. Who knew how many times they had succeeded to carry out such threats to women? Even the thought made me shudder.

"She asked us to keep her alive until further instructions." He replied and a vein in Sean's forehead popped.

"Is that all?" Sean asked.

"Yes. Can we go now?" The guy begged.

"Go? You think I am going to let you go?" His lips curled up in a smile and he threw the guy towards Thomas. "Tie them in the basement and let them starve to death."

"Please, let us go." Both men started to cry like little kids and it was weirdly satisfying. Maybe living with the Millers had turned me into an evil monster, God forbid. Or maybe they were the evil monsters and didn't deserve my pity.

Thomas did as he was commanded and dragged both men to the basement along with the same rope they used to tie me with.

"Let's go." Sean extended his hand out for me. I was somewhat better now and didn't need him to support me yet I took his hand. The terror had left my extremities cold and his hand was the only thing that could provide me some warmth right now.

•°•°•°•

We had finally reached Florida and the plan was to spend the night at my apartment and start our search from tomorrow. Entering into my hometown made me really nostalgic. The last time I was here, I was still mourning the death of my father and wanted to find his killers. And my life had took a strange turn since then.

I lived in an apartment that Dad bought for me when I moved out of his house once I turned 18. I guess that should have been an indication that my Dad wasn't just a high school teacher or how else would he afford to buy me an apartment on his salary.

I gave Thomas directions to my apartment and once we finally reached the building, I heaved a deep sigh of relief at the sweet sense of familiarity.

Sean had argued that living in my apartment would be dangerous but from my point of view, I think it was better to hide in the plain sight. Besides, we had already taken a long trip just so we could be subtle but it wasn't really helpful, was it?

"Stay here. I have asked Lucas to send more men by the jet. If you notice anything out of ordinary, call me." Sean instructed Thomas, not that he needed any help, and then we both made our way inside the building.

As we entered the elevator, I realized the last time I rode this elevator, I didn't think I would be away from my home for this long. But as fate would have it, I met Sean who took it upon himself to keep me safe from God knows whom. I thought he was exaggerating when we first met but after that gunshot, that chase by goons and now ultimately being kidnapped, I had come to the conclusion that I really needed him.

"You live here?" Sean passed a judgemental look.

"I'm sorry I don't have a mansion." I said. My apartment was big enough for me but I don't expect a billionaire to find it comfortable.

"And you're back." He smirked and I rolled my eyes. I had been anxious ever since we restarted the journey due to obvious reasons.

Once I was inside, I finally felt like I was home again. I had lived at this place for years and never had to be scared of anyone but thanks to these mafia men, I couldn't even travel to another block alone.

Now that I finally had time and place to catch a breath, I realized I had just straight up invited Sean Miller to share my apartment. My last boyfriend Darren had to wait six months before I invited him to spend nights here with me and it took this man hardly two months. Yes, it was a completely different scenario but he was still a man nonetheless.

"There is only one bedroom so you can crash in the lounge." I said but I had a feeling things were not going to go this way.

"No thanks. I'll be in the room with you." He stated as a matter of fact.

"I figured as much." I replied, not having the energy to argue. "But you're sleeping on the couch."

"I---"

"No arguments." I said and to my surprise, he really didn't argue. Who knew Mr. Miller had it in him to listen to someone.

I was too tired so I retired to bed early. I took a quick bath and changed into my pyjamas. I had missed my closet. Although the Millers provided me with everything, I didn't feel comfortable in those things. These were the clothes I had bought with my hard-earned money and they were worth to world to me.

When I walked out of the bathroom, I found Sean lying on the couch. His tall stature didn't look comfortable on the small couch but I couldn't invite him to share my bed. That would blur the boundaries between us which although tempting, would be really cumbersome for me in the future.

I gave him a comforter and then lay down on the bed. The lights in the room were turned off and the only light in the room was coming from the window.

I tried to sleep but each time I closed my eyes, I could see myself tied to that chair. If Sean hadn't saved me, they would have been forcing themselves on me right now. And even if I survived them, I would soon be handed over to the actual villains of my story. Who knew what they would have done to me?

"Sean..." I whispered his name although he was probably asleep by now.

"Hmm." He responded.

"What would have happened if you didn't find me?" I asked.

"I would have." He replied. "I would have turned this world upside down."

He was probably doing this as a favour to my father but still, his words made my cheeks warm. I felt tingly in my stomach and had to bit the insides of my cheeks to stop myself from smiling.

"I thought I had lost you and it was scary. It would never happen again." Sean said and if I wasn't wrong, I heard his voice quiver.

"Until we get rid of those people." I added. "After that, we will both be on our ways."

There was a brief pause after this.

"Hmm, until then." He replied.

"Then you'll be free to marry your sweetheart and I'll go back to editing books." I said.

"Lucky us." He replied and his voice was devoid of any emoitons unlike before.

"And--"

"Go to sleep, Penelope. I'm tired." He interjected and a frown appeared on my forehead.

"Goodnight." I said although I wished we could talk some more.

"Night." He said unenthusiastically.

I stayed awake for about an hour, thinking about my life and what the future held for me. I don't know if I will survive this or not. Those Machiavelli's, the mafia Sean told me about, they seemed pretty adamant on killing me or whatever they intended to do with me. I don't even know why they wanted me. I had nothing to do with my father's past. Hell, I didn't even know he was a gangster before I met Sean.

My life has become a mystery. In fact, a full fucking thriller.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 8K 60
MATURE CONTENT +18 "Why do you always defy me, Olivia?" he whispered on my skin, lightly nibbling, and biting my neck, which caused goosebumps to app...
235K 5.5K 45
"All this was a misstake. I thought I would get help and be free but I threw myself into another nightmare." My voice barely a whisper. ------- She h...
159K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...
637K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...