The Model's Bodyguard (Romant...

By JasmineDahlia

Supermodel Mila Belvedere never expected her predictable life of fame, photo shoots, and flashing lights to t... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Photo Shoot
Chapter 2 - Stupid Paparazzi
Chapter 3 - An Unpleasant Encounter
Chapter 3 - An Unpleasant Encounter (Francisco's POV)
Chapter 4 - Bodyguard Handbook
Chapter 5 - In The Dark
Chapter 6 - Always Hope
Chapter 7 - Have Fun Waiting
Chapter 8 - Look At My Masterpiece
Chapter 9 - Wake Up
Chapter 10 - Postman
Chapter 11 - The Range
Chapter 12 - Autumn Photographs
Chapter 13 - Of Many Firsts
Chapter 14 - Human Moments
Chapter 15 - Full Control
Chapter 16 - Tuned Senses
Chapter 18 - Morning Vigor
Chapter 19 - Common Sins
Chapter 20 - All Bark, No Bite
Chapter 21 - Pure Instinct
Chapter 22 - Heaven and Hell
Chapter 23 - Boundaries
Chapter 24 - Better
Chapter 25 - Promises
Chapter 26 - Time
Chapter 27 - Gesture
Chapter 28 - Nerves
Epilogue

Chapter 17 - Blue Obsidian

64.5K 1.8K 79
By JasmineDahlia

Please, feel free to point out any mistakes. I wrote this at one o'clock in the morning. I'm beat. -.-

Enjoy. (: Vote, comment, fan.

______________________________________________________

~Cisco~

I entered my apartment, greeted by the busy chatter of human movements. The television was on, telling me that Mila was watching it from the living room, or rather, pretending to watch it. She was not that at ease in the presence of someone new. Dee, however, did not mind. She was a natural at socialization, ready to speak to the chattiest of speakers and the most troubled of lunatics. Mila fell into the shy, introspective woman, far from chatty or troubled, and so I knew very well that she desperately wanted to be alone now. Even if I hadn't spoken to her about the matter.

But I had to speak to my closest friend before she left. I knew instantly that she was at the kitchen, judging from the movement coming to my left and the running of the sink water. Bless her, she was washing my dishes. I went to her, yanked on a pretty blonde lock, and waited for a reaction. She glared at me and stuck out her tongue. "Lovely greeting technique you've mastered, Cisco. Be careful, I'm getting creative," she said, pointing her eyes at my crotch. Oh no, no way was she yanking that.

"Don't get any ideas," I warned, protecting my genitalia.

Dee chuckled, blue eyes sparkling. "Relax. I still want you to have children," she said. I rolled my eyes and ignored the comment. "So what's been up?" Dee asked, her eyes becoming serious as she took on to business. I let out a long sigh. And told her everything, making sure I spoke as quietly as possible, for Mila could easily overhear. As Dee listened, I could almost her the gears in her brain start to turn. "And you're just going to wait it out?" she asked, surprised at my lack of action.

"Dee, I can't risk her. Can't use her as bait or anything of the sort," I paused, aware at the sudden sparkle in Dee's eyes. She was onto something, assuming. And that couldn't be good. I chose to ignore it and continued, "It's tempting, I know, but too dangerous. The plan could backfire-" Dee cut me off, eyes wide with shock. "Backfire? That's like hearing you talk shit about your appearance, Cisco. Too dangerous, I can let slide, but backfire? You've never doubted your abilities before." Dee gushed and smiled, over thinking and over assuming. "You like her." She said, her blue eyes practically beaming.

I kept my exterior cool but Dee's words hit the gut with a hard punch. "Delilah, I'm obligated to protect her. She's been through a lot and her mother was a sweet woman. She died wanting me to protect her daughter." And even as I spoke, I could hear the lies leaving my mouth.

Dee rolled her eyes, "Bullshit. Francisco, I know loyalty is your virtue. But I also know you don't do anything you don't want to do." Her words once again managed to pierce through my stubborn mind. Dee knew perfectly well how to get to me, how to give me advice. She understood me in a way that no one but a close friend could. And that was why her words got to me. She knew always when something was on my mind and it didn't take her long to figure out what.

And then she'd begin to torture me with it until I did as 'supposed' to do.

When I stayed silent and motionless, Dee continued onto the previous topic, knowing that she couldn't move me now. "If you won't use her as bait, what will you do?"

I looked into Dee's eyes, hoping for the answer. "I want to track them down," I said, my voice hard as metal.

She nodded, "I'll tell Mac."

"Alright."

"And what are you planning to do with Mila?" She asked.

I thought about it even though my mind was already made up. "She's going to stay here. Security is intact, cameras are too. Nothing will get by without me knowing. I'll appoint a far guard at all times." I said, knowing she'd agree with my plan.

"Couldn't've done it any better myself, Cisco." She paused, turned off the sink, and looked me in the eye. "You either buy a dishwasher, get a maid, or wash the dishes more often. Lazy ass."

I rolled my eyes, chuckling nevertheless, "I haven't exactly been around this place lately."

"Obviously." She muttered and I yanked another lock of hair. Dee gave me that powerful glare and I knew what was coming. She whacked me upside the head with her stinging palm. Ouch. I had that one coming.

"Don't be a ghost, Francisco." Dee smiled, completely forgetting she was pissed at me.

"You can count on it, Delilah." And with that, she gave me a hug and I kissed her cheek. She started to walk toward the living room.

"Bye, Mila!" Dee called out, waving at the beautiful brunette that sat quietly on the couch.

"Bye, Dee." I could hear the soft smile in her voice as she bid farewell.

I could almost feel the tension leave the apartment along with my friend. It wasn't Dee, no, she was wonderful to have around but... but Mila was better. I had almost forgotten what having her alone felt like. Maybe the air felt lighter because I could feel her comfort settle in. Yet as I walked toward her I wondered if the atmosphere would remain as it was after I spoke to her.

***

~Mila~

The television had served as a great disguise, shielding me from mindless and tense chatter with Dee. It really wasn't that I disliked her, maybe it was because I could never feel completely at ease with someone I had just met. It happened with everyone. Even with Cisco when I first met him. So I was thankful for the television, that is, until Cisco came back. If I had been with Dee then there'd have been no possible way that they'd keep that conversation from me. I felt like a worthless child watching them converse so intimately, speaking of light and serious things all at once. I had seen them and gathered a good idea on the topic of their conversation, for their movements was enough. Even if I hadn't heard a word of what they'd said.

I thought maybe they were catching up then touching a more serious topic like the one about me. They had to be speaking about what happened to me, making plans I'd not know. I hated being so utterly and helplessly in the dark. I almost felt bitter toward the two of them at this moment. Why hadn't they included me? Or at least stepped outside to speak where I couldn't be torn any more by how perfect Cisco and Dee seemed. I hated it, the way it made me feel. Jealous and stupid all at once.

Who was she?

"Mila." My head snapped to the side at Cisco's voice. I hadn't heard him coming.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes concerned but his exterior remote.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why? Are you? How'd it go?" I asked, realizing I probably gave him a migraine with the mess of questions.

Cisco chuckled, his lips turning up into a grin. "One, I want to know how you're holding up with such a shitty day. Two, I'm fine. Three, everything went alright." I found myself chuckling from the comical reply he gave. "Good," I said, meaning it.

"Anyway, that's not what I came here to say," he said, taking a seat beside me on the large leather couch.

"What is it?" I asked, half worried. Something about his expression made me wary.

He sighed. "You're moving in with me."

I looked at him, waiting for a grin to crack, a chuckle to be released. Nothing came. But he had to be joking. "You're crazy." I said, sheer disbelief in my voice. Cisco only smirked, amused and shameless. He wasn't joking. "Oh, no I'm not moving in with you."

"Mila, people were just killed outside your door. By who? By people who are after you, ready to do whatever it takes to put their hands on your money. It's not your mom's anymore and they know that. Until I am sure that you're safe, you'll have to be stuck with me. And sorry to burst your bubble, honey, but its going to be a while. You're moving in." The uncut, rough words stung me, hitting me with a harsh truth I didn't want to accept. People were after me, looking for my money. Money I didn't care for. I had enough of it with my stupid modeling career. A career I hadn't been attending to lately. Not since my mother's death.

I chose to stay strong or at least try to appear like it. I didn't want him to know he got to me. "I'm twenty years old, Cisco. I can do what I want." Yet not even I believed it.

I watched as Cisco's features changed, morphing into the face of frustration; his jaw clenched, his thick black brows slightly furrowed, those plush lips set in a thin line, and those dark eyes seeming almost bottomless. I knew Cisco better than I knew myself so it wasn't hard to tell when his quick temper had taken a turn for the worse. I also knew when his temper faded and right now, it had not. It was at its peak. "Your mother appointed me as your bodyguard, Milani. I'm here to protect you. Maybe you should keep that in mind," he said, his words almost hissing. I couldn't hide my shock at his anger, my eyes blinking twice from the surprise. I could feel them look widely at him, accusing, hurt, and so very open.

I hated myself for being so vulnerable with him. For showing him my every thought and feeling. Why did that have to be so? Couldn't I be stronger? It was a wonder he didn't know I was in love with him.

But maybe he did and I just couldn't tell.

My pride diminished and my feelings hurt for no reason whatsoever, I stood up from the couch and walked away. He didn't ask me to stay.

***

~Cisco~

I stayed sitting in that couch for what seemed like hours but could've only been a couple minutes. With every passing second, realization gradually sunk in. I had been a dick. A rough and unfair son of a bitch. Mila had just buried her mother and two people appeared dead in her apartment hallway. She was holding up as best as she could, too good honestly, and I was being my inconsiderate self. The guilt was poisonous. How could I have hurt her like this and especially on this day? I scoffed in disgust at myself. I'd let my temper get the best of me. Again.

And now I had to apologize to her, speak to her. At least try to make it better.

I had to be gentler, more thoughtful. And with those thoughts I rose, knowing where to find her. I didn't really know how I knew but somehow I did. Whenever I was troubled, I went to the same place.

She was there, standing by the glass wall and looking out into the New York morning. The skies were a misty autumn blue, no clouds to be seen, and the skyscrapers stood tall among her, making look smaller than usual. I wanted to put my arms around her waist, feel her head rest backward on my chest. But I had to make it right first. I had to apologize. And I didn't know how.

I breathed in, continuing to look at her. But she didn't turn around to look at me and ask me what I wanted. Yet I knew she was aware of my presence, for it was written in the way she stood; alert and tense. I tore my eyes away from her and looked out into the window, just as she did. Maybe the perfect apology would appear in the open skies.

"That was inconsiderate of me," I said, my hands in my pocket as I waited for a response. Mila continued looking out, most probably debating over whether to be civil or tell me a few atrocities. I'd be fine with whichever. When she took an intake of breath, I knew she was ready to start acknowledging my presence.

"Are you apologizing?" she asked, her voice distant.

I slowly walked to her, standing beside her and looking out among the skyscrapers. "Maybe."

Mila looked at me, her eyes accusing, almost disbelieving. And I didn't know why the mixture bothered me so deeply. She was killing me. So I stopped the act and took each of her wrists into my hands. "I'm sorry," I said, our gazes locking onto one another; pure baby blue to stark obsidian. "I need you to understand, Mila. You can't live by yourself. And I have a home, a safe one. It's only temporary. Until you're safe again," I paused, pensive. "What if it would've been you?" I asked, my heart stabbing painfully at the thought. There was no way, I was sure. They couldn't have their money if she was dead.

I looked at her, waiting for a reaction, and becoming confused by the calmness in Mila's eyes after I spoke. Shouldn't she be arguing with me? Telling me I was wrong?

"I wouldn't have argued if you hadn't been so demanding," She said, her voice quiet and soft. My eyebrows furrowed and I watched her in surprise. Could this woman confuse me any longer? She just looked at me, eyes innocent and open for me, for only me. "I trust you." Mila twisted her hand to hold one of mine in hers. I looked into her vulnerable eyes, so sweet and trusting as they watched me. I wanted to kiss her so badly, carry her to my bed where I could have her alone, naked and writhing underneath me. I could feel myself dive into her time and time again until I found my release and met with hers... But I couldn't. Not now. She was hurt and healing. I needed to give her time. And then I would have her.

I settled for a safe gesture and squeezed her hand. I nodded in reply to her words. Yes, she trusted me, and that meant I had to fight harder to be the man she trusted in. I rose my other hand and brought it to her tender cheek, rubbing my thumb along the smooth flesh. Her eyes burned me, a sweet, calming fire.

Until I remembered something. "Shit," I hissed under my breath.

"What?" She asked, worried.

"I shouldn't have let Dee leave yet. I could've gone and gotten you some clothes for the night while she stayed with you." I shook my head at my stupidity. The need to get to Mila had clouded my judgement.

She shrugged it off. "Don't worry about that. I can borrow some of your old clothes. Um, if you're okay with that," she said, her voice unsure.

"Yeah, that'd be fine," I paused, provocative thoughts coming into my mind. How would she look in only my t-shirt? "You can borrow my clothes whenever you want, mi amor." I grinned, giving her a subtle wink. Mila's lips parted as she stared at me attentively, her expression so cute it could be criminal. I chuckled and her skin flushed crimson.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 79 10
OUT OF MY REACH Liam I grab Aaliana's neck and push her against the wall. "Don't play your fucking games with me. It won't work", I lean in closer...
536K 14.2K 37
WARNING: HIGHLY EXPLICIT NATURE //He approached me slowly, beginning to leisurely take of his belt. His body pressed against mine once more, confinin...
42.2K 423 22
[ completed ] Aida is a very messy girl who grew up with her mother, and that meant no rules. But that changed when she moved to her father who had...
1.3M 44.2K 66
"They are undercover and are here for your protection." "What? Are you crazy? I don't need protection. And these two bulls undercover?" I said pointi...