A glimpse of dawn~ connor x r...

By connors_pookiebear

when you love the unlovable. "perhaps it is the greater grief after all to be left on earth when the other is... More

1
2.5
3
4
5
6
6.5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13

2

16 1 0
By connors_pookiebear

y/n pov-

I wake up, it's Friday morning, and there's puke everywhere.

What a wonderful start.

"God..." I mumble ,"I think I had a little too much to drink with Hank last night."

I slowly rise my body up and grab my phone. The bright light shines in my eyes, blue filling my vision.
It's already 1pm.

Texts fill my phone-

Hank
Come in, there's a new case

Hank
You can't leave me alone with a fucking android

Hank
GET HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decide to listen to some music as I sober up, (childish gambino, obviously) and I chug some green juice shit I found in the back of my fridge.

I stumble to my room, bumping every single wall along the way. I peek into my closet, and decide to try and look a little nice. Considering I wore sweatpants yesterday to the bar, I need to freshen up a little bit.

I opt for a cute, simple, yet hot oufit. (at the top of the story)

Who knows, maybe Johnny Depp will walk in or something. Gotta prepare in case a hot old man comes, sugar daddy potential. Maybe his wife, Ms.Heard will have assaulted him.

I stumble even harder to the bathroom, the green juice clearly not working.

I brush my teeth, brush my hair out and put product in it, put on some natural perfume, puke a few times, and head out for the kitchen.

Maybe food will help?

I peek into my pantry, only to find alcohol and cookies. I really need to go grocery shopping, but I don't have the money at the moment. After what Matthew pulled the other day.....

Anyways, I decided I need to head out. It's already been 30 more minutes since I texted Hank back, "Otw."

I hop into Ruby, crank up the old radio, attempt to plug in my aux cord, and head on my way.

"Hello, My name is Connor. I am the Android sent by cyber life."

Huh...

I didn't know androids could be hot.

"Nice to meet you," I say, shaking his hand, "My names Y/N Collins. I'm sorry I came late, I know Hank is a pain in the ass."

I feel a certain pair of eyes pierce through me.

"Well, Ms.Collins-"
"No, just call me Y/N. I hate my last name."
"Ok, well Y/N, what do you know about this case."

Shit.
I don't even know what it's about.

I panic and turn my eyes to Hank, to which I just get flipped off. Almost like, "He is your problem now, bitch."

"Uhm.. I.. I don't know what the case is about." I mumble, not making eye contact with Connor. He seems a little taken aback, but nonetheless smiles and tries to explain it to me.

"There has been a rise of Deviant Androids recently, and a rise in Red Ice cases too, and that is what we are here to investigate."

"Oh. I mean if I was an android, I would probably kill people too. Humans suck ass."

Connor-
Interest goes up
Neutral

"That seems very unprofessional of you, Ms.Collins."

"I also told you to not call me that, so I feel like we are pretty even."

I stop to get some coffee to sooth my raging headache, and I hear footsteps come up behind me.

Even, consistent.

"I saw you were listening to Chicago by Micheal Jackson on your computer. I like that song."

I turn my jaw slightly and chuckle, "Mhm, I didn't know robots listened to music."

"I don't, technically, but I would like to start."

I turn, and stand on my tiptoes to see the side of his face. "Do your ears work like.. with headphones? Or do you gotta blast it old fashion style?"

"I can use headphones."

His blank stare begins to send a shiver down my spine, so I quickly turn back to grab my coffee.

"You need to go to the doctor. I saw you stumble in. I also smell alcohol on you."

Okay, well, this robot needs to fucking piss off.

"Look, Connor," I say, not turning around, "My issues are none of your business. Don't mention that shit again, got it?"

I flip my body to face him and lean my body against the counter for better balance. His eyes go wide, seemingly surprised.

Y/N status-
<Down

"Oh, alright. My apologizes Ms.Coll-"
"It's Y/N."

Shit, maybe he was right.

I sit in my car, driving home for the night, and my head throbs.

I pull my blazer off, and throw it in the backseat.

I feel my phone vibrate repeatedly in my pocket, so when I pull into my driveway, I take it out.

Fuck.

Matthew-
Answer me you bitch

Matthew-
I'm going to come over

Matthew-
I'm gonna bust your head open for real this time

Matthew-
Your done for

Shit.FuckFuckFuck.

I quickly slam the door shut and grab my blazer so I can run inside. As soon as I get in, I lock the door and shut all the blinds.

What do I do???

I hate crazy exes.

Me-
Go away or I'm calling the cops.

Instead, I call Hank. Obviously that's the better decision.

Ring.Ring.Ring.

No answer.

The one time I need you, Anderson.

I feel eyes on me, and I feel shivers run down my spine and goosebumps fill my senses. I run to my bedroom, grabbing a kitchen knife along the way.

Life is going fantastically for me so far, dontcha think?

I run into my room, slamming the door shut and breathing a moment before hearing my front door jiggle, and I feel my eyes start to well up.

"I know your in there, sweetie.. Baby... Come on out! Or i'll twist your neck.." His voice is.. menacing. Clearly with no good intentions.

I text Hank to answer me, because he knows good and damn well last time I tried to call the police, Fowler wasn't on the job and nobody believed me.

Nobody believes a drunk detective girl over a rich white man.

He slams his fists against the door, and I feel the house vibrate even though he is far away.

Eventually, it stops, and I feel my muscles loosen.

Until I hear a knock on my bedroom door.

"FUCK OFF MATTHEW!!!!" I scream, my body shaking.

"Sweetie, you can't hide from me forever."

I feel my throat start to swell, and my words thicken. "Why are.. you so obsessed with me?"

A few seconds pass, "Because your the only girl that doesn't want me."

When I don't show up for work the next few days, no one notices.

Instead, I'm in Fowlers office and hanging out with my Neighbors.

Luckily, that night, my neighbor Nancy called the cops. She heard my scream, and luckily Fowler hadn't left the office yet.

Nancy is beautiful, long blonde hair with bright blue eyes and a tall, model body.

Matthew should've loved her instead.

My voicemail is filled with Hanks number, and he attempted to check on me the morning after, but Nancy told him to piss off.

Atta girl.

Apparently there's a hostage girl taken by an android, which Connor took care off. The old man apparently didn't do shit.

Maybe when i'm not with a broken wrist and a black eye, I'll get to hear about it.

.....
I hope the two idiots are okay.

Actually, let me clarify.

The idiot and his robot best friend.

Today, when I went to talk to Fowler about it all, I went through the back door. I saw Gavin yelling at Connor through the window, and suddenly my broken limbs seemed to fix themselves.

I so badly wanted to go beat the shit out of him, but Fowler knew me better then that and dragged me away.

Lame hoe.

Everything is normal.

Well, I consider a break in pretty normal, so take that with a grain of salt.

Nancy lends me some money, because on his way in, Matthew took my wallet.

10/10 douche.

About a week later, I am allowed back into my house and am prompted to go to work the next day. I am not upset about that, considering work is the only place Matthew doesn't go to find me.

He knows I have buff, old man friends.

My heart stumbles when I come in the next day, all eyes turn to me.

This is the longest i've been gone in awhile.

Hank is already there. He sits at his desk, his feet tapping rapidly. When he sees me, he ushers me over and walks over to a corner of the office.

"Fuck, Y/N, are you okay?? You have like 3 casts on.. god your eye.."

"I'm gonna be real fucking honest," I say, getting straight to the point, "I would be a lot better if you were more fucking reliable."

He reaches for a hug, but I back up a few steps. "What the hell were you doing? Jerking off in the bar?"

"You know I didn't purposely leave you alone."

I take a minute to breath in, trying to not loose my shit.

"You know, usually, when your friend is in a really fucked situation, you answer their calls. But it's whatever, because i'm just a drunk ass girl who can't get her shit together, right?" I feel my voice rise ever so slightly, "Oh, I'll be fine. Don't mind that I have a crazy ex that is willing to kill for me, AND kill me! I-"

"Im sorry, okay? But you can't blame me for it 100 percent. Normally when you call me, it's asking for whiskey."

I feel my bones stiffen.

"Okay, Anderson. I'm gonna back the fuck off and go get some coffee, so I don't loose it on you."

As I step away, I hear footsteps behind me. They seem to follow me, but stop suddenly and I hear Hank say, "Don't follow her."

The coffee bar is awfully quiet.

Thankfully.

I pour the largest cup i've had in years, and sit on the couch in the lounge area. I just need a minute so I can process everything.

I loosen my muscles as much as I can, and peak through my wrist cast. I am ITCHING to take it off.

I've been through worse.

When I quickly realize that the cast is too tight, I lean my head back and stare at the ceiling.

I hate myself, I hate my life, and I hate my job.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 8.8K 23
*Follows the storyline of Detroit: Become Human* You've been working at Detroit City Police Department for a few years, being in the police force had...
44 0 8
You, Y/N L/N are a stylish, hardheaded, Adrenaline-craving woman and the youngest detective in Detroit. not to mention Hank Anderson's partner of 3 y...
18.2K 854 13
After Gavin cheats on you with Rk900, You soon grow close with Connor. But what if Gavin isn't ready to let go of you yet? .... He got up, gazing int...
48.3K 1.9K 20
He walks over to me and hesitantly places his hand on my chest, "What are you doing?" I ask. He shakes his head but doesn't say anything, I watch as...