The Drowning Siren ༄ Ao'nung...

By YZHKA2

~ (Y/n), a young scientist that had to leave home planet Earth to Pandora, who from Colonel Quaritch proceeds... More

🌊 ┆The Way of Water 𓆉
༄ .II┆Exchange of Heart
༄ .III┆Look and See
༄ .IV┆Open Heart
༄ .V┆The Reef
༄ .VI┆The Prince and The Outsider
༄ .VII┆Boiling Water
༄ .VIII┆Say Sorry
༄ .IX┆Will They Reach It?
༄ .X┆Actions Speak louder than Words
༄ .XI┆"Look!"
༄ .XII┆The Element of Shock
༄ .XIII┆One's Trouble
༄ .XIV┆Two Babies, Two Steps

༄ .I┆New Mission, New Life

1.9K 42 4
By YZHKA2

THIRD PERSPECTIVE

A loud boom caused a young girl to stir awake, waking up in concern and fear that the ship has had an explosion in the engine. From the table that she has been sleeping on, she runs to the exit to see what is wrong.

There was nothing wrong because everything to the loud boom, quake, and the sound of robotic joints was right.
She jogs to the sound, ignoring the heavy thumps and shaking ground. "Proceed with the explosives!" The girl's balance loosens when her ankle chased her to almost fall sideways. Spotting a figure walking past her, she exclaims to him.
"What's happening!?" She asks, horrified and confused that the human is putting on a robotic war suit and then reloading a large gun.

The human, looking at the army of robots walking out of the ship and destroying what's in their sight, says, "Clearing the land, so we can build another base, don't you know?" He genuinely asked, now putting his attention on her. "Well, that's why I'm confused..."

"Well, if you're confused, come check it out. Just don't step outside, and don't stay for too long, the air here isn't for us. Take a deep breath and take a look." His armored hand reaches for her shoulder as she was brought to the site where other heavily armored soldiers were, loud sounds of gun shoots firing and explosions. She takes a deep breath in and obeys the man, intrigued to see what is causing the ruckus.

Then and there, an army of armed robots was targeting their weapons in the beautiful land of Pandora. She, though holding her breath the best she can, tries not to gasp. It was only a snip of what the land looks like, but it didn't deserve to be burned and scraped of its fascinating biology. The adolescent can only watch in the horror of the mass destruction and deforestation they're doing in seconds.

"Okay, that's it. Better wear an oxygen mask and protection if you're coming back, kiddo." The pat on her back returned her to the base of the ship, shocked. She takes a deep breath in and holds onto the wall for support, are these beings real after all? Are they a danger to us?

She sighs. I wish I was home instead...

Footsteps toward her point her attention to it, brushing away the uneasiness in her head. It is a human in science attire, coming to her aid while holding a clipboard and an oxygen mask for her.

"Hey, you're doing alright?"

"This is happening too fast..." The doctor, looking at the little girl, then realizes;
"Ah! You're the kid who recently boarded the ship. Welcome to your new home now, heard you'll be a great help to us."
Her eyes look up at the scientist in confusion. "Was I brought here?"
"Pretty much," the woman helps her get back on her feet, then leads them both to the science laboratory where it is safe to breathe air.

She sat her down and poured her a glass of water, which she drank quickly. "You woke up from the sound, didn't you?"

"I jumped up from the coach, and it led me here." There was fear and worry still in her eyes, with an ounce of sleepiness in them after waking up. "Look, sweetie. There will be a few huge changes from now on, but we need you to comply with them. Go with the flow, you know?"

A loud explosion from outside was heard by the two, making the little one sigh quietly. "I will try." The older woman smiles, then suddenly her watch alerts her to a meeting she has to attend, erasing her smile.
"Oh, you have to excuse me. But if you have any questions, fire away." Her coat swishes at the turn of her body towards one of the rooms where people were waiting, then carefully closes the door behind her. That left the adolescent girl at the joint of the science laboratory and the offloading station of the ship.

... I have so many questions...

One Year Later...

At a laboratory of the floating ship, a girl cleaning her glasses is seen sitting on a chair, and in front of her, a holographic screen is booting up. It has been a solid year since then, and things have turned the tables.

She now serves as a scientist's assistant on the spaceship, helping her fellow workers engineer gadgets and machines on the ship. And it was never an easy job, she has gotten into accidents, but it never stopped her from discovering and learning more about Pandora and the advancements humankind made on this planet.

The holographic screen flickers open, and immediately the girl puts her glasses on—almost poking her eye— and smiles at the progress. "Got that old thing to work?" Someone asks behind her. To check if the touch sensitivity was functioning, she glided her finger across the screen, then showed her the other page of files it has been holding while it was dead. "Looks about it." She says, proud of her work.

"We can put that into use later, right now I wanna show ya something." Piquing her interest, she stands up from her chair and carefully shuts the hologram off, wanting to know what is in store for this science to present her. If she thinks about it, there have been a few occurrences of large meetings and big machines that have been going around the ship, none of them she is allowed to see nor hear up close. 'It's fragile.' 'It's gonna be huge, we can't mess this up.' Are tossed to her regarding the concern about her capability or fear she will get hurt. If she remembers someone saying it can bite.

Approaching a laboratory, the scientist hands her an oxygen mask, which she took and wears with the scientist's help. "Hope you don't get woozy quick." She jokes, nudging her shoulder. Before she can question why she wanted her, she was pushed into the opening doors of the lab.

In fear of falling on her face, she puts her hands first and closes her eyes.

But nothing hits the girl, even on the face. She opens her eyes. Seeing that her glasses as gotten out of her ear's grip and that they are floating in front of her eyes. Looking down, the floor was only a few feet away from her hitting it.

"Zero Gravity kiddo! Now... Grab on." She looks up at the hand that was offered to her, then held onto it as she was suddenly dragged in the direction of the chambers.

She was fascinated and wowed at the sight of the clean white gadgetry displayed here, it was futuristic indeed. A huge flat-screen television that was holographic, presenting its storage with clear quality, and chambers to store live experiments, she guessed. "Those chambers are huge." Muttering her thoughts out loud.

    "You'll see why in a sec..." They stop at a nursery, spotting huge, lanky, and tall blue creatures trying to restrain one from attacking the others. It punched and growled, making the young girl from the other side of the window shocked.

"What the hell?!"

"Their memory and personality are stored somewhere, and that's used to grow these."

"Avatars are what you call them. Aren't native, and they don't have a complete resemblance to one, but that's what we'll be seeing and hunting from now on."
The woman looked cool as she said it as if dust was on her shoulder, and she pats it off. "And you'll be with us every step of the way, you'll have fun, for sure."

"Lemme show you what's in stock for ya."

━━━━𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 ━━━━

Holding close to her seat, seatbelt protecting her, the ship takes its land to 'Bridgehead City', the large RDA headquarters. Looking at the oxygen mask she was holding and feeling that the ship made its smooth landing, she sighs and puts it on.

"Mask on, people!" She hears someone exclaim to the humans and scientists, a sound of a large door opening and landing on the ground following it. Unbuckling her seatbelt, she walks to the exit but stops in her tracks when she sees the Avatars.

She flashes her brows, surprised by their presence. Their tails swayed and their ears twitched with their emotions.

"Let's go buttercup." A voice says upon her. Looking up, a female avatar approached her and encouraged her to keep walking. Heart skipping a beat, she quietly apologizes and jogs off the ship, following the scientists and squad into the building, trying not to stare at the alien-like features. To stay with familiar faces within the ship, she walked behind them.

These Avatars were once human? Their tails... their skin pattern and their eyes... I wonder if their internal organs are different from ours.

"Woo-hoo, you there kiddo?"

Their trance and thoughts were interrupted by someone calling her, vision cleared as she sees a worker pointing to that same tall female Avatar looking at her. "Someone's calling ya." He pats her shoulder, pushing her towards the being waiting for her. Confused and slightly scared, her feet take her to the soldier.

The avatar and some of her squad members has dispatched from the group and were taken to the other entrance of the base. Seeing other scientists off the ship and working as one to set up the new mission they'll be doing.
"I heard you're pretty good at fixing's making gadgets." One avatar said, while walking, she glances at him. "Takes a lot of talent." He nods.
"Because of that, you'll be coming with us." She looks up at the female, mouth agape and beautiful eyes wide.

"Yeah buttercup, heard you can make inventions and strong mods on gadgets. So we decided to bring you along."
"But not only that..."

They both hear someone add, looking at the avatar. After a moment, her ears flicker as she realized what she forgot to say. "Oh yeah, you'll help us bring the kids in."

"What kids?" the group enters a room that were full of weapons and equipment, secretly letting the adolescent admire them. "We're gonna hunt 'Toruk Makto and the only way to get him to us is his kids."

━━━━𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 ━━━━

It's time for the mission to commence, the armed squad is loading the aircraft, and with confidence that the mission will succeed, Colonel Miles Quaritch comes in quickly, firearm in hand. "Can the ship hold us all?" He joked with the pilot as the girl quietly enters inside.

"Most certainly commander." The pilot joked, laughing at the exchange.

Quaritch looks behind him, spotting a small female sitting as she cleans a sniper scope with her thumb. "And who are you, young lady? are you the special guest coming with us on this mission today?" He turns his attention to her, sort of baby-talking her as he asked his question.

She immediately looks up and nods at him politely. "An engineering specialist. My name is (y/n), sir."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

578K 16.4K 30
"I want her... but I can't have her." She was stunningly beautiful in his eyes. Yet, she carried an innocence that Aonung was afraid to taint. There...
95.7K 3.1K 38
- Jake Sully X Reader (Avatar The Way of Water Fan-Fiction) - |Avatar Franchise| - Single Book - After losing Neytiri in battle against the resurfa...
18.4K 643 11
Upon the Metkayina Clan giving his family sanctuary, and now living under Awa'atlu, Neteyam didn't foresee himself to be holding secrets. As the eld...
7.4K 262 8
Avatar :- A 15 year old forgetful y/n tokito learning the life of Pandora...unknown that she is not such a normal girl...she is far from normal Avat...