Impetuous// Loki Fan fiction

By itzlizzy_

"What now?" I look into his eyes and see how his anger quickly disappears and his expression is replaced with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 14

7 3 0
By itzlizzy_

This wasn't planned. Not at all but I won't lie and say it wasn't a grand time.

~

My aunt ended up finding out about my power training about a week or so ago and while she wasn't happy she accepted it. She thought If I was to learn how to properly use and hone my powers, Loki was the best to teach me. However, when I told her of my plans to go to the mortal world it did take a little convincing.
She eventually allowed it and told me not to be gone for too long and I recalled hugging her tightly.

With Loki, it was very different. I didn't quite speak the truth. I told him I'd be tending to some things at home. That I may be busy for a while helping out a certain family friend in the village with something minor.

He wasn't too happy and wanted to know more further but I kept insisting it was nothing of much interest and that I'd come to see him as soon as I could. I could tell he didn't quite believe me but he didn't push much further.

As for my trip to Midgard. I went with Horge who kept insisting for us to go. I wasn't too confident in going seeing as how I don't know nearly enough about that planet or anything of the nine realms that he talks so greatly about. Also, most Asgardians do not travel there unless they mean business. Midgard is the one place most creatures and powerful beings stay away from. For no other reason than to leave them be in peace.

Aside from all of that I finally agreed to go and I asked Heimdal to not inform anyone, especially Loki of this.

Now we have been in a place called London for most of the day. It's been a real grand time.

I will say he was not exactly right about Midgard being simple. I was nearly injured over a hundred times. With their moving vehicles. Quite like ours but much uglier and not as advanced.

Besides that, Horge and I made ourselves invisible in order to teleport everywhere and not have to deal with it.

Our time was coming to an end, however. I let him know I only wished to be gone for a while. He said we'd be there for about one Earth day and return. Well, as the planet got darker we started our trip back to Asgard.

We called forth on Heimdal and it seemed to take a moment and then he let us pass through.

Once we arrived he nodded our way but I could discern some concern on his face.

"Forgive me," he says as we arrive before walking towards the bridge.

"Is something wrong?"

He pauses for a moment and closes his eyes before opening them a moment later.

"I think so," he says and quickly grabs his sword.

I look at Horge and we teleport to the village.

As soon as we arrived all I heard were screams.

I witness as these beasts come in and start destroying our land. Fighting and attempting to kill our people.

They're very large and looked to be made of stone. Wielding swords as they fight off many of our people.

I go to rush in and Horge grabs a hold of my arm.

"What are you doing?" I ask in concern.

"It's much too dangerous."

"I am not simply going to stand around," I tell him before pulling my arm back and teleporting away.

I teleported in front of two of the beasts and with all the power I could muster I shoot at them with my magic. Sending them collapsing backward.

Another comes my way wielding a sword and I use my magic to stop it in mid-air before he strikes me with it but I'm not strong enough so I quickly teleport behind him.

I try my best to kick him in the legs and knock him down.

It doesn't work so well as he turns to slash me with his sword before I use my magic to hold him in place.

He brings it down and quickly as I focus too much on stopping his sword; He strikes me across the face with his other arm. I am sent flying a good distance back.

I lay there groaning in pain, however, it doesn't last as soon as I see another one standing over me. Ready to step on me and probably crush my skull.

I quickly teleport away and watch from afar as many people are killed while others are still battling. I'm far enough away from the chaos to not be ambushed again, however, one comes my way.

I take a deep breath and choose to use a different approach.

As soon as he gets a bit closer I start shooting magic his way. Repeatedly, sending him stumbling back nearly every time.

It was working well until another came my way.

I used one hand for both until I couldn't anymore and wait as they both come rushing with their swords in the air ready to slice my head off.

As soon as they get close enough I teleport away. Causing them to clash into each other.

Fools.

My moment of happiness didn't last long.

I was regaining my strength one moment and the next I felt a sharp pain course through my body. Making it hard for me to breathe. I felt my body start to shake slightly as I look down to see I'd been stabbed through the chest with a sword.

I try to reach my hand up to my stomach to touch it and my arm starts to shake violently. The beast then pulls it out in one swift motion. Creating a grave amount of pain to course through my body. I was in shock for a moment and before I could do anything he grabs me and throws me across the village. So far that I nearly land by the field I always go to.

I'm laying on the floor bleeding. I used so much of my energy that I fear it'll take me a long time to regain any strength. If I don't die by this first.

That would be shameful.

I felt my eyes flutter close and my breathing was growing less painful by the minute.

Perhaps..I couldn't tell truthfully.

"Sage!?"

I open my eyes to see Horge.

"Damn it," he mutters under his breath as he tries to pick me up.

"Sage?!" I hear the other familiar voice come through.

"What happened?!" He shouts to Horge.

"I-I'm not sure. She went to help-"

"Give me her," the other voice snaps.

"I can handle it,' I hear Horge bite back.

"I will not ask again," I hear Loki's low threatening voice.

I groan in pain a bit after a moment I feel Lokis arms come to pick me up.
Can feel the familiar cool touch of his hands on me.

"Sage? Can you hear me?"

"Loki?" I cough and the slightest bit of blood spits out from my mouth.

"You're going to be okay. It was just a knick. You'll be alright soon enough, you hear?" He tells me but I can hear the clear dismay in his voice.

"Ok," I simply say and I'm not sure if it's because I was so bad off or if it was due to the exhaustion but I fell into a deep rest.

~~

"You hardly know anything do you?"

"What do you want from me?! I've told you already, I told her not to go. I couldn't force her!"

"You bloody well could've!"

I felt my eyes flutter open and I see a great glowing color surrounding me as well as a woman whom the magic seems to be coming from

I instantly try to move quickly but she tries to stop me.

"Hold still dear, I'm healing you."

I don't even need to turn, for Loki and Horge are by my side in an instant.

"Are you feeling alright?"

I look around confused.

The Beasts. The Asgardians.

"We have to go help people. They're dying!" I say quickly trying to get up.

The woman sighs and looks at Loki.

"She'll be fine now, thank you," he says waving her off.

She walks out leaving me in the infirmary of their palace I'm assuming.

"You are not going anywhere," Loki says to me sternly.

"Wha-we need to help. We just can't stand here."

He sighs and sits down.

"Everything is under control Sage."

"What?"

"If it wasn't I wouldn't be here," he tells me and I look past him to Horge who looks different. I remember seeing his hair a mess and a bruise on his face.

Now it's gone and he's wearing different clothing.

"How long have I been in sleep?"

Loki stays quiet for a moment. Almost as if he's thinking of telling me or not.

"Quite a while."

I sigh and sit up.

"Why didn't you stay with your aunt in your home? I sent guards to check on you both and you weren't there apparently."

I swallow not sure if I should discuss where I truly was.

"I think I should let you two speak. I'll come to see you another time Sage," Horge offers.

I smile painfully at him and I turn to hug him.

He gives me a tight hug back.

"I'm glad you're alright," he whispers to me before pulling away.

When he does pull away I don't ignore the way Loki watches us and me specifically. With his jaw set.

He leaves and I look back at Loki who is cascading a very infuriated and disappointed expression my way.

"I wasn't with my aunt," I say trying to stand up as I grunt in pain.

It's not as bad as the painful memory of when it all happened but my body feels hoarse.

I turn and see as he's staring intensely at me.

"Oh, stop looking at me like that. I'm fine."

"You could've been killed," he practically growls with gritted teeth.

"But I didn't. I'm fine."

He stares at me for a moment and then stands in an instant. Sending his chair sliding back with an obnoxious squeal sound.

"What the hell made you think you can fight? You've barely learned to use your powers as weapons and now you believe yourself strong, fast, and skillful enough to fight off decade-old beasts?!"

I bite back a nasty comment.

"I couldn't just stand around and watch."

"No, you could have. You could have stayed home and done just that."

I stay quiet. Not wanting to argue further.

"I still don't understand how those fools let you go out to fight after my strict orders. I sent them right away."

I look at him warily and look away just as his eyes meet mine.

"What is it?"

I shake my head.

He strides to me and grabs my chin. A bit forcefully making me look at him.

"Tell me," he practically orders.

I pull away aggressively as I grow more and more frustrated with his attitude.

"I wasn't home."

His brows twist in confusion.

"Where were you?"

I bite the inside of my cheek as I contemplate speaking of it.

"I had just gotten back.."

"Back from where?"

I look at him and his impatient stare.

"From Midgard."

His face turns to shock and anger in an instant.

"You went to Midgard? With whom?"

I look at him and I turn toward the direction Horge left and I hear a light chuckle come from Loki.

"Of course.."

"I'm not going to apologize for going with my friend to Midgard," I defend causing his anger to only rise by the look of it.
"He has spoken of and shown me Midgard. He's taught me much about the nine realms and offered to go with me. I enjoyed what I saw in his illusions, so I accepted his request."

"I could've taken you if you had asked me," he says shortly and I can see how his fists are balled up.

"Please, spare me the lies. When was that ever going to happen? After or before my first lesson on the nine realms which you have not once spoken to me about," I say before looking at the floor and my hands which are bruised.

"Well, forgive me for not speaking to you about basic information of which most Asgardians tend to know", Loki snaps.

He starts to pace in anger without looking at me.

"Well, I didn't know," I say in a more hushed voice.

"No shocker there," Loki bites back with a roll of his eyes as he stops to stare at me yet again.

"You know, If you're going be a pain in my rear end, I might as well be on my way," I say standing up. "I'm healed correct?" I ask turning to him as he keeps his jaw clenched without speaking a word.  His eyes trail my features upon my face as he stubbornly keeps the same dissatisfied expression.

"Very well," I say as I start walking out of the infirmary until he appears before me.

I sigh.

"What now?"

I look into his eyes and see how his anger seemed to quickly disappear and his expression is replaced with something that I can only describe as the slightest bit of anguish.

In an instant, he steps forward and hugs me.

A tight hug that envelopes me completely as his arms wrap around me and rest on my lower back. Pressing me close to his body as he buries his face into my hair.

I can hear his shallow breaths as I stand in shock for a moment. Letting this act of uncommon affection sink in.

"I'm sorry," he whispers.

I'm not sure if he's apologizing for not speaking to me of the nine realms. For not taking me or for his attitude but I submit and perhaps it's due to how he sounds when he says it or just the overall reality that he's hugging me this tightly at all but I hug him back and we stay like that for a good while.

In silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 1.5K 27
You are the newest, and youngest, member of the Avengers. You love being on the team, but it comes with its challenges. Almost every night you find y...
684K 29.2K 47
The people of Asgard are looking for a new home. They get a warm welcome on Earth, except for Loki. He is treated like a criminal of war, a terrorist...
49.1K 2.1K 77
LokixFem!ReaderxBucky IMPORTANT: A little message to those who may not have read the full description: You end up with one of them, not both. This is...
289K 10.7K 121
You stuck by him through thick and thin, often leaving Thor's side to help him. You knew him to every last detail, the way he walked, talked, the way...