The Greatest (TLOK)

Da JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... Altro

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
2) I told you so
3) The get together
4) If I was a rich girl
5) Brothers
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
12) A last good bye
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
13) Oh my spirits (book 2)
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
15) Tension is in the air...
16)...everywhere I look around
17) The big bang
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
20) A prison and A premier
21) Bright and deadly
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
37) Stabbing the tension
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
39) Unpleasant Pleasantries
40) Fever dreams
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

28) Kuvira

254 11 1
Da JaneMayLily

Exam are Finally DONE :) :) :)

Sophie POV

Each airship fly's their individual way with us fleeing from the red lotus and the new airbender going tolearn airbending at the northern temple.

We are busy having a pit stop in between the mountains and I'm lying in the sun, reading a book.

Bolin and Beifong are standing next to me while Korra plays with Naga.

"While you're playing fetch, four of the most dangerous criminals in the world are hunting you down.We should get moving,"Beifong says and her gaze shifts to me.

"We shouldn't waste our time laying in the sun either."

Now I feel personally attacked.

"Relax we just got here.Besides, no one knows where I am right now except us.Sophie disabled the chip remember, we're untraceable."Korra argues and I nod, turning the page.

Naga brings the ball back and I raise my eyebrows in surprise.How did she bring it back so fast?I wish I could run like that.

"I think she wants you to throw it for her."Korra says to Beifong and I snort in amusement.

As if she's actually going to throw that.

"I'll pass, thanks."Beifong rolls her eyes.

Out of the side of my sunglasses I see Asami and Mako rush towards us.

"We just got a call in the radio about another airbender."Asami announces.

"Finally, where are they?"Korra asks.

"A city called Zaofu. The home of the metal clan."Mako says and I jump up.

"No way I've wanted to go there in like forever."I say but see Chief Beifong tense up.

"You know the place?"korra asks Beifong.

"Uh, never been, but I don't want you going there.I'd rest a lot easier if you were back safe in republic city."Beifong explains.

I shoot up a eyebrow in question but Beifong shoots me a glance telling me to shut up.

I knew why she didn't want to go, not that it's any of my business really but I studied every member of the last avatar gang, from Chief Sokka of the southern water tribe to Master Toph, first ever person to bend metal, and everything about them so I knew about her sister and that they aren't on good terms.

What happened specifically between them I don't know though, It's not my place to know either.

"Sorry, but if there's an airbender in Zaofu, then that's where we're going next."Korra say with finality and walks back towards the airship.

I get up quickly and run after her to catch up.

We walk into the ship and walk side by side.

"You think I can maybe radio through to Iroh in Zaofu?"I ask and she shoots me a smirk.

"Probably, why? You miss him?"she ask with humour.

I look down when I feel my face flush red and mumble a 'shut up'.

She laughs and pats my shoulder before we walk into the cockpit.

We start flying again and make our journey to Zaofu.

It takes us a couple of hours but once we arrive, I smile with glee.

It's beautiful.

"Wow!Wow!Wow! An entire city made out of metal, Whoo! You should be right at home, Beifong."Bolin shouts but I ignore him and press my face closer to the glass.

So so beautiful.

We land and Bolin and I run to the exit.

"We're finally here!"I say as the door opens and the fresh air and smell of metal hits me.

We all walk down the steps and are greeted by guard and man named Aiwei.

"Is this everyone?"he asks.

"Yep, just us.So can I meet the new airbender?"Korra lies.

"Of course.Right this way."Aiwei gestures and we follow him into a tunnel.

A platform takes us down and onto a train wagon.

We start driving through the city and I stare at everything in wonder.

Of everything I have seen, this beats almost all of it.

Aiwei explains some of the city's history but nothing I didn't already know.

Bolin asks if we're going to see Toph but Aiwei shuts it down when he tells us that she hasn't been seen here in years.

We drive for a bit more till we reach the end of the line.

We arrive at a big mansion and I speak up.

"Wow, is this where the airbender lives?"I ask, amazed by the infrastructure.

"Yes, but first, her mother wants to meet you."he says and leads us into a hall where people look to be practicing some type of performance.

The women who's directing them stops the training and walks over to us.

I recognise her even before Aiwei introduces her,
Su-Lin Beifong.

"Please, call me Su.Great to finally meet you avatar Korra.And this must be Sophie, Mako, Bolin, and Asami."Su says.

"You've done your research."Mako reply's.

"I make it my business to know who's visiting my city."Su smiles.

"So you're a dancer?"Korra asks.

"Dancer, leader, wife, mother, collector of rare meteorites.You'll find people here have many skills and interests."Su says but stops when Aiwei whispers something into her ear.

"Korra, why did you lie when Aiwei asked if there was anyone else with you?"Su asks and I turn to Korra with wide eyes.

"What? I-I didn't.I mean...How did you know I was lying?"Korra asks sheepishly.

"I am a truth seer.When people lie, their heart rate and breathing increases.I can sense the most subtle of changes."Aiwei explains.

"Thanks to Aiwei, there are no secrets in our city."Su adds.

"We came with republic city's chief of police.She didn't want anyone to know she was here.I'm sorry I didn't tell you."Korra apologises.

Chief is going to be so mad.

"Lin's here? Well, I would love to say hello."Su asks.

"Wait, you two know each other?"Korra asks.

"You're joking, right? Oh, Lin never told you about me."

"No. Why would she?"

"I'm Lin's sister."Su states causing the rest to look at her in shock.

We all make our way back to the ship and once we find chief, Korra straight up confronts her.

They all talk till Chief turns her back to us again.

"I have nothing to say to you."she says.

The rest of us exit the room to leave Lin, Su and Korra alone.

"Wow Beifong having a sister never would have thought that."Bolin states.

"Not surprised considering you don't think much."I say and kick a pebble, shooting it across the floor.

Bolin let's out an offended hey and goes to trip me but Mako holds our shoulders telling us to behave.

We start our tour around Su's home and come upon an area where two boys are training.

"Those are my two youngest. Wei and Wing. They're playing a game called power disc. They invented it on their own."She explain and we watch as one of them wins.

"I'm so proud of those two."

We walk up a flight of stairs and meet a boy whose bending metal into statues.

"Huan, I want you to meet the avatar and her friends. And your aunt Lin."Su introduces.

"Wow that's a really nice..."Bolin starts but trails off looking at the art work in wonder.

His look shifts to me for an answer but I shrug.

"Banana?"

"Yes, very, very, very lifelike."I add, nodding.

"It's not a banana!"the boy shouts,
" I was inspired by the harmonic convergence.It represents the dawning of a new age, obviously."he explains.

"Yeahhh" I tilt my head.

"Obviously, I can totally see that now ."Bolin scratches the back of his neck.

We carry on walking and Bolin leans into my ear.

"I mean, that's a banana, right?"Bolin asks and I nod.

We walk a bit further and see a girl sitting on a bench.

"And this is my daughter, Opal."Su gestures towards the girl.

That's such a pretty name.

"Wow, Avatar Korra. I can't believe you're really here.You are so amazing."the girl stands up.

"It's great to meet you, opal."Korra replies.

My brother leans forward,"Opal, that's a beautiful name.I'm Bolin."he introduces himself and shakes her hand.

"I'm Opal, but you already knew that."she blushes.

Oh please no

I stretch out my hand for her to shake,"Hey, I'm Sophie."

Opal gasps and she beams at me,"As in Sophie, the child genius who traveled the word with the United Nations while solving problems that took people years to even try and figure out, that Sophie. I have read your book at least 5 times by now , it's amazing."Opal gushes and I smile.

"Thanks. That's a hugs compliment considering I wrote them while traveling the world."I say.

"Wait, you wrote a book?"Mako asks from beside me.

"Yeah, not a big deal."I shrug and Mako furrows his eye brows.

Yeah bro, you don't know everything.

Lin walks besides us.

"Great. We found the airbender. Let's take her back to the airship and get out of here."she says looking around.

"And the woman apparently trying to abduct you is your aunt Lin."Su introduces.

"Really? I've always wanted to meet you. My mom has told me so many stories about you."Opal says all excited.

Lin grumbles something.

"So I've set all of you up in the guesthouses while Korra trains Opal."Su smiles and I glance around the group.

Wasn't the plan to leave this place as soon as possible?

"Oh, I'm sorry, but I was hoping she could train with the rest of the airbenders at the northern temple."Korra explains.

"That sounds amazing."Opal says.

"Nonsense,"Su waves her hand,
" this is where Opal's home and family are. You can train her here"

"I guess I could help her get started."Korra shrugs.

"Absolutely not. We're leaving."Lin says.

"She's just a little worried because there are a bunch of criminals after me."Korra explains.

"Yeah, you know, the usual."I whisper under my breath.

"If you're concerned about security, don't be. This is the safest city in the world. Now, I'll see you all at dinner. And come hungry. My chef will blow the taste buds right out of your mouth."Su jokes and walks off.

"Why do you have such a problem with your sister?"Korra asks,"She seems nice.Come on, we can stay a little while."Korra suggests and Lin just grumbles in response.

We all split up and I try to find a safe radio so I can talk to Iroh.

I walk back out of the library and am greeted by a women in a green uniform.

"Oh sorry, I'm just looking for something."I look around the hallway.

"Looked like it. You've been walking around here all lost."she smiles

I laugh,"I'm looking for, this might sound weird ,but a safe radio."

She nods and gestures for me to follow,"For what may I ask?"

"I work with the United Nations and want to send through an update. There's also someone I want to talk too."

She looks me up and down,"wait a second are you by any chance Sophie?"she asks.

"Yep, that's me, how did you know?"I ask

She opens the door for me and we walk to a different wing of the building,"You look to young to be in the army and you said you were working with the United nations and not for them which makes a hug difference.I also read the book that you wrote on your travels. Very interesting."

I nod,"Has everyone here read my book?"I ask with a laugh.

She smiles,"People find you very interesting, Sophie. Your intelligence is unheard of, your ideas revolutionary."

I shake my head,"People over exaggerate, I ain't all that exciting. For what I have in smarts I lack in common sense."

We reach the entrance of the building and she nods her head towards it.

"You walk in there, turn left and all the way down the hallway you should see the radio room."she explains and I open the door.

"I'm sorry that I haven't asked yet, but what's your name?"I ask sheepishly.

"You can call me Kuvira."she says and I nod.

"See you around, Kuvira."I smile and walk in.

I find the radios and do everything I have too.

I talk to Iroh for about a hour and a half.

I miss him so much and I haven't seen him in what feels like forever.

He told me that he had to go home soon too furfill some of his duties as a prince and if I was willing to join him once I've finished this mission.

I told him I'll think about it.

If I were to go and be by him, it would be a statement.

It would be a promise that there is more and we'll be more.

I mean I really, really like him but staying with him in the fire nation for a few months and standing by his side is a big step.

I go back to my room and get ready for dinner.

Once I arrive I take a seat in between Mako and Bolin.

"Tonight, for your dining pleasure, I present a seared wild Kyoshi elephant Koi, paired with ginger-infused pea Tendril and Hibiscus root salad."the chef presents and I look at it with caution.

This is definitely a few interesting combos

A man opens the dining room doors and another man walks in after him.

"Sorry, dear. I'm going to have to take dinner in my office."the man says," I just had a major breakthrough on the tram station remodel."

I listen more closely with that.

"Well, don't let me stand in the way of inspiration."Su laughs.

"You're the best."he walks out again.

"That was my brilliant architect of a husband, Baatar, and our oldest son.He engineers all my husbands project."she explains and turns to me,"Sophie, I'm sure you too would get a long just great."

I nod and sip my soup. I always enjoy talking to someone who is just as interested in building and designing things as me.

"Five kids. What a nightmare."Beifong mutters loud enough for everyone to hear.

"No, no, my children are a blessing."Su retorts.

I decide to just eat my food rather than listening into their conversation.

Bolin starts talking to Opal and I give him wide eyes when he tells her how we had plenty of bad meals when we were living on the streets.

Opal glances at my annoyed face and then back at Bolin.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know."she apologies with a guilty look.

I shake my head,"No, it's okay"

"Yeah it's all in the past.Things are great now."Bolin adds and starts listing all the stuff we have done.

"Wow, your lives sound so exciting."Opal sighs.

"Can't say I ever get a moment of peace anymore but yeah you could say it's exciting."I nod.

We carry on eating till Beifong starts speaking loudly.

"Hey, everyone, my little sister is an expert on world affairs now."she announces sarcastically.

"You wanna talk about what's really bugging you? Because I'm right here."Su asks.

Lin says nothing and just stares at her plate angrily.

"Sorry we're late, everyone." Varrick says walking in.

What is he doing here?

"Varrick!"Bolin gasps

"What are you doing here?"Asami asks.

"Great Question, Asami. I mean what are any of us doing here?"Varrick says,"Wow. Food for thought."

"Anyhoo, how's our company doing?"Varrick asks.

"You mean my company? Future industries reverted back to me after you plotted to abduct the president."Asami rolls her eyes.

Yeah, you tell him Asami.

"Allegedly plotted to abduct the president. Never convicted."

"Uh, that's because you escaped prison."I point my spoon at him.

"You never forget anything, huh? But no, the universe decided to set me free."Varrick explains.

Oh so that's what it's called now?

"So I looked up my old friend Suyin here. Pitched her a few ideas, and Bam! We're in business together."Varrick hits the table with his fist.

"I've seen the future and the future is magnets!"Varrick pulls out a magnet.

What? No, everyone knows the future is renewable energy.

"I'm working on a high-speed rail that'll revolutionise transportation and shipping a we know it but I'm having a few problems."Varrick looks at me.

"I work for the United Nations, not you. I may not help you  if it's not under their comand."I explain and Varrick pulls a face.

"Fine but that's not all! I'm—"Varrick starts but is interrupted by Beifong.

"All right, enough!"she shouts," I'm trying to keep the avatar safe, and you're harbouring a criminal?"

Fair point

"Ease up, Lin. Sure, Varrick's made a few mistakes in his past, but that doesn't mean he should pay for it the rest of his life. My chef was a pirate, but now he's a culinary master.People change"

I feel like this about something else now.

"You haven't."Beifong storms out and dinner ends soon after.

I follow my brothers into their room and sit on the counter in between the two Bassins while they're freshening up.

Mako starts asking Bolin about Opal and I wiggle my eyebrows.

"You guys were definitely hitting it off."I lean my back against the mirror.

"Yeah, I think she's really into you."Mako adds and Bolin starts talking about Opal.

"To bad she's not my type."Bolin says and I snort out a laugher.

"Yeah, I forgot your type are girls who aren't into you and but not limited to, a bit psycho."I tease.

"Yeah like dumb mover star or psycho ice princess."Mako adds.

"You know guys, that hurts a little bit. Right...here"Bolin says and touches his chest.

"Can't hurt that much if it's true."I laugh and Bolin flicks water at me.

I shriek and tell Mako to make him stop.

"But maybe you two are right, bro and sis.Maybe Opal is Bolin material."

Boy you're lucky she's even interested in you.

"Thanks, yeah." Bolin Starts pulling faces in the mirror and I giggle.

"I think I'll take a small walk before going to bed, you know see if I can find anything interesting."Bolin shrugs and turns towards the door.

"Say hi to Opal for me."I laugh and Bolin waves me away.

Mako shakes his head but shouts after Bolin to stay safe.

"What can happen here? This is probably one of the safest places in all the nations."I ask and Mako shrugs.

"You never know."Mako turns to me.

I jump off the counter and side hug Mako.

"I'm going to go to bed now."I say just as I yawn.

Mako kisses the top of my head and wishes me a good night.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

42.3K 1.2K 25
______________________________ ______________________ Book 1; Y/n daughter of Commander Bumi and M/n a fragile noble from the fire nation who died wh...
205K 8.5K 106
Years before the Siege of Ba Sing Se, General Iroh discovers a young girl among the remains of a decimated Water Tribe village. Raised in the heart o...
866K 23K 78
***CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING*** Broken, filled with loss, pain, and anger of her people's death... she could only hope she had died with them. An Air B...
623K 25.3K 60
An Avatar: The Last Airbender Fanfiction (Zuko X OC) "And lastly, we are free, but we are not our own persons." At this, the student frowned and...