The Gypsy & The Fae (Helvinsk...

By Laney89

Cover by @_teenagers Gypsies: Humans who interacts with paranormal packs as a mediator between paranormals an... More

Overview
Chapter 1 - 5/25/2015
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 6

38 3 0
By Laney89

With Gavril directing where to find things, it was so much easier. Employees and shoppers alike would stare at him but I got used to that since he's like a beacon in here. It couldn't be helped. I got a game going though that kept things entertaining. I got tired of people approaching and wanting to converse with him nonstop. Since he still held my hand, I had to stop and stand by and watch them converse. I would start singing lyrics in my head loud enough to see what would distract him. Once he caught on to that, he would hold my hand tighter and would zone out my lyrics once he knew I wasn't in any danger or something. I would then ask him random questions and riddles, while the person would ask him something else. That didn't do much since he was really really good at multitasking. Now, the game's morphed into one where if I spotted someone approaching, I would quickly slip away, leaving him caught and held behind while I went around laughing up a fit and getting the things I needed.

He already wrangled his way into somehow, before we even near the cash registers, have the items already paid for. I couldn't figure out how he did this-still can't. We entered together. He followed me around like a shadow-a comfortable one that talks on occasion. He never pulled his cell out like I've been doing to check the list of things Ma wanted me to get-now that she's still with Sandri Chrys. Maybe it's just the mojo of being the son of Heaton Chrys. I was also getting a better sense of knowing where he was. Its weird but it was comforting, knowing at least someone here wasn't viewing me like a zoo animal. "Found you," he whispered next to my ear. I jumped and spun around. "Woah you're quiet!" I gasped. He beamed at his accomplishment. Boys will be boys. I finished the lists a while back. Now, I just have to buy Ma and I some clothes for daily wear. Mom wanted to get her suits herself which suits me just fine. "I've been wondering, I know you can shock people but...anything else? How does this shock work?" Gavril questioned. I paused and looked back at him. "What? Did I say something wrong?" he frowned.

"No...just...no ones ever asked...I just started doing it after a while. Ma can do it too but not Grandma. I just...it's unconscious now, but I feel out particles and then charge them up...zap! I can do more but using too much makes me tired. Can be far away or up close. At first...I would fry anything electric but once I got a hand on it, I'm able to control it. I do talk to Casper, my 'Gypsy Companion,' as he likes to call himself. He's a cat that Grandma gave me on my sixteenth birthday. I can't talk back to him like we do. He uses thought projection. If certain words have meanings he doesn't understand, he doesn't get it. But if I say it, he does. He was just a faint whisper in my mind. The more time we spent together, the stronger the bond. I thought it was the same with you," I gave a sheepish laugh.

"So that's why you ran away so fast," Gavril said. I nodded my head. "There's other stuff that I'm supposedly am able to do. But, living outside with humans made it a tad difficult to learn."

"Helvinski's Private School have those courses. You're next in line for the Nature Speaker position. You might be tested first tho," he said, sorting through the t-shirts hanging on the racks.

"Yeah...I might be in the lowest beginner of beginner courses on that one if I have to learn from a class," I frowned. I never thought of that. Mom never stressed magic training while we lived in Florida. "I thought Helvinski's Private School was just that."

"You forget, majority are paranormal. We can't just learn our set of skills out in the community. Too dangerous."

"When do you do those classes then when you have a full schedule of classes already?" I asked wide-eyed. I hope its not on top of all the courses I wanted and needed to take. When would I have time to ask for the recommendation letters?!

"Relax. It's after school or evenings.

"Night?! When do you have time to do homework? Rest???"

"Paranormal beings don't need that much sleep. Homework is worked around it."

"But...I need the sleep. I'm more human that paranormal."

"I...I didn't remember that. I'll ask my Father. See if he has any ideas-and I can feel your dislike for people going easy on you. I'll make sure that's not the route my Father suggests," Gavril ruffled my hair. Tension left me. I never thought about how the paranormal side of things would impact the human life I've been living. "What is it that you can do?" I asked him to distract myself. What do you know Fae to be capable of?

Well, Fae usually specialize in magic in one of Nature's elements. Immortal to an extent. I frowned. If we were Life Mates, I'm going to only live a human life. What'll happen to Gavril? Will he find another Life Mate? No. I only have one Life Mate. You're it. The energy needed to live such a long life will be shared between the two of us. You won't be getting away from me that easily. He reached for my hand and squeezed it. I felt a huge sense of relief. It scared me. I never felt like this for someone besides Mom, Grandma, and Casper. They were family. Gavril...he...he's different. Can you believe being scared of being separated from someone or someone moving on from you when you've only met them a little over a 24 hour period?

This wasn't normal. You're thinking in human terms. Paranormal beings are closer to Nature, being able to use magic and spells and interact with Nature in ways that humans can't. That's why we have Life Mates that invoke these types of feelings. It's precious because once you find your pair, that's it. There's a reason certain paranormals are Life Mates for each other. Humans...they lack this sense that we have. Thus, they do not suffer the withdrawal effect of a Life Mate passing, being a part of yourself disappearing. I won't push you for anything. I just request that you spend time with me because I'm your Life Mate and I've lived in this world all my life. Things will alarm you and I want to be there to help you make sense of it all. Not trick you or anything of that sort. I can listen to your thoughts, you can listen to mine. It's what humans call...a two way street. I smiled. He gave our hands a shake. "Don't think too hard. For now, you're telling me what you think you know of us."

"Oh, yeah. Well, besides that point, you may be the same age as me, but you absorb information...knowledge...so much faster than us. Don't you also have like some better physical strength or something?"

"Yes, some more than others in that area. Our senses are enhanced too but not near that of the Vampires or Canis Lupus."

"What is your Nature element?" I was curious. I thought it was water or ice from earlier, but something felt missing. Gavril was quiet for a while. "I'm an unnatural occurrence. I'm air and...darkness."

"Air?! That's like one of the rarest!" Air element was by far the most versatile of magic. Have a fire? Get rid of the oxygen. Need precipitation? Concentrate the air molecules and make ice crystals, rain, hail, etc. They can also even change the pressure of air to make it seem heavier or easier to breathe. It was also one of the most dangerous to control. "Wait you said darkness too?" I asked. He nodded his head. "My Mother controls light and darkness. She was special, but due to this, she is weak in health. It wasn't after she and Father met and became Life Mates that her health improved from Father's share of life energy. My Father controls wind instead of the standing air itself like me. I somehow got a mix and could use...both. The theory being that if Fae of two elemental magic runs in the family, it'll most likely travel in those lines."

"Wow...must've been tough learning to control them."

"I had a good teacher. He could control water and wind. My Uncle-Mother's older brother. He helped to guide me after I could learn all that I could about light and darkness from Mother. Father taught me the basics of air but due to the darkness leaking out, it became too unstable and unsafe. I've mastered it now."

"Hmm...so is that why your speech is so unique? It's in a nice way. Nothing bad like odd or something," I hastily added. Gavril smiled and nodded, "I've heard that before. My Uncle was from the days of the black plague. A doctor of sorts, he purified water and used wind to fog his village in a thick mist to save everyone-paranormal and human alike during those years. Being around him for a long time, I suppose many of his...mannerisms in speech has rubbed off on me."

"So I don't get it. Why are you still going to school then? Ma said you were." Gavril suddenly looked like he was going to do battle. "I may be well versed. But I need proof of actually going to school through security cameras, homework evidence, yearbook photos, academia records, and examination scores. I would have imagined another year of going through the motions but this year, I'll have you to be with. Everyone here has always wanted something from me, even the teachers. However you," he brought his free hand up and moved a lock of hair away from my face, tucking it behind my ear, "you don't have any ulterior motives. You challenge me. You don't care about falling out of my 'good graces.' So unique, I wonder if this was possible only because you grew up in the human world, never knowing about me, my family, or interacting with the more powerful paranormal beings living here in Helvinski Territory."

"You're giving too much credit to humans," I said a little wobbly, looking at the

"Humans are full of surprises. Our worlds are merging to the point that it's becoming harder to maintain such a separatist views like many of our elder paranormal neighbors still harbor. Shelly, you have to be careful here. You aren't trained yet," worry seeped into his eyes. "Before the official date of the normal school year, paranormal children will be already entered to start 'school' next month. Your Mother's to tell you this, but I feel that since we are already on the topic, it would let you have time to sink in when she brings it up later today."

"Paranormal school?"

"It's different. There will be a slight change due to the circumstances," he said, pointing a finger between the two of us.

"Well what is it? Don't keep the suspense going for so long!"

"My Father will be the one to tutor you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

745 22 18
This is where I confusingly ramble on and on about Werewolves, but somehow it makes sense. All nerds welcome. This is a safe space, this is a ✨nerd✨...
2.6K 262 75
Book Two "WHY THE FUCK WOULD I BE OK. YOU'RE ASKING ALL THESE MOTHERFUCKING QUESTIONS LIKE YOU'RE SO CURIOUS ABOUT THEIR LIFE. DAD, I HAVE NOTHING AG...
1.6K 140 21
Completed Story! (28/07/2019) # 7 tribal (21/07/2019) # 60 familysecrets (21/09/2019) # 597 wolves (21/09/2019) South African 19-Year-Old, Thalia Le...
1.3K 348 24
1st in sassy lead 1st in witchywerewolves 1st in demonic relation ..mate..' mia squealed in my head. I shut her off and faced him I sighed and cross...