promise me? @xiao

By angelfroomabove

"do you remember my promise, y/n?" "yes.." "i.. really did mean it." ˗ˋ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˊ˗ Xiao and Y/N were childhood... More

info !
characters !
" childhood. '' | one
'' project. '' | two
'' xiao's home '' | three
'' running test. '' | four
" cat cafe. " | five
" xiao headcannons!! "
" ganyu's birthday. " | six
" christmas. " | eight
" thank you!!! "
'' a day together. '' | nine
300 READS ALREADY!?
" xiao's birthday. " | ten
" thunder. " | eleven
" picnic under the sakura trees. " | twelve
OMG NOW 600 READS??
" midnight walk. " | thirteen
" under the tree. " | fourteen
" past.. lifes? " | fifteen
" my.. past life? " | sixteen
( 1k reads bonus ! ) childhood. | seventeen
" sweet jelly - filled donut. " | eighteen
" another one? " | nineteen
" rises the moon.. " | twenty
" a trip back to the cat cafe. " | twenty - one
" you're horrible at karaoke.. " | twenty - two
( 2k reads bonus! ) " how can one love? " twenty - three
" a.. play? " | twenty - four
" first practice. " | twenty - five
( 3k reads bonus! ) " alternative universe. " | twenty - six
( 4k reads bonus! ) " the past, and the past only. " twenty - seven
" festival of.. love? " | twenty - eight
announcement !
" warmth in the darkness. " | twenty - nine
"its just polyester." | thirty
"christmas day once again" | thirty - one
new book !
erm..

" stress. " | seven

317 8 13
By angelfroomabove

" stress. "

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

[ your pov!! ]

" I'm gonna have to give you all another peice of work to work on. I'm sorry, but we just don't have much time until report cards come out. " Ningguang hands out another peice of work to everyone, her finger ring sparkling in the ray of sunlight.

" Now, please continue. I also need to get everybody's homework by tomorrow. " She sits down at her desk, going onto her computer.

·̩͙꒰ঌ✞໒꒱· ゚

I decided to bring all my assignments home, since some of them are due by tomorrow.

Well, recently, we've had many assignments to work on. All my assignments were all scattered everywhere, on my desk, and my floor, untouched. I didn't really understand any of this. Even my grades have been becoming lower as of late.

Suddenly, I hear a notification from my phone. Quickly pulling it out, it was from the groupchat.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

groupchat
— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

4:53pm

HU TAOO
YOU GUYSSS
we should study together for the upcoming test bc yes
WHO WANNA STUDY W US

chongyun
ughh I need to come, I don't know how to review these questions for the test at all

Xingqiu
review?
Well, I'll come.

Tone deaf bard
Oh I've gotta go somewhere with Lumine!
So lumine and I aren't coming

HU TAOO
omg #couplegoals

Tone deaf bard
NO

HU TAOO
Y/N? Xiao? How about you two?

xiao
Sure ig.

sure
We could do it at my place, my parents aren't home

HU TAOO
ALRIGHTT
We'll arrive in around 20 minutes

Sure!
See you

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

I place my phone on my bed. I completely forgot about the tests.. Well, currently, I was wearing a white shirt with some black shorts. Oh, and I was wearing some black fuzzy socks, they're so comfy, though, I might have to clean up my room a little..

My room had all my assignments on the floor, and my desk. I'd quickly start cleaning, piling all the paper in short stacks. Soon, I heard a knock at my door. Had it been 20 minutes already?

I'd quickly run downstairs, swinging the door open. There were Hu Tao, Chongyun, Xingqiu, and Xiao waiting. Hu Tao pulled me into a tight hug, leaving me no time to react. " Aiya aiya!!! Took you long enough.. I missed youuu!! " She continued to hug me. " Please.. let.. go.. " I manage to say. She quickly backs away, before everyone comes in, removing their shoes and jacket.

" Come on, lets go to my room. " I lead them, while they followed. " Woah! Your house looks so.. different the last time I came over! " Chongyun looks around constantly, while Xingqiu grabs a hold of his hand.

Finally, we reach my room. It was pretty clean, because I actually cleaned it for once. Soon, we all sit down at a small, low table on the floor. " Alright! Firstly, let's go over this! " Hu Tao points, while the rest of us grabs our notes, which would prove helpful.

As we continue to study, I start becoming more stressed. I didn't wanna bug them, though, so I just tried to push through it.

After a few more minutes, my eyes feel watery.

" Hey, guys? I'm gonna go to the washroom. " I quickly walk out of my room, closing the door. I'd run to my washroom, locking it. I'd then just sit on the floor, unbothered of how dirty it was.

My eyes begin to become watery, and blurry. A river of tears begin falling down my face, I try to wipe it off, but it didn't work. I just buried my face into my knees. Why did I agree to this?

Oh, maybe it's because I just needed some help with everything, but I just can't ask! What if they think I'm selfish? I don't want them to even think that I just want to use them for work! Whywhywhywhywhywhwy..

more tears began forming, I couldn't stop. I just felt so stressed of all my work piling up. Most of them are due tomorrow, and I also have homework, too. This is to much.

This is stupid.

Useless.

I want help.

I don't wanna burden them.

I don't deserve it.

[ xiao's pov!! ]

It has been twenty minutes since Y/N has left to go to the washroom. I've began growing more and more worried. The last time I saw her, her face was full of.. tears. She tried her best to cover them, but I still were able to notice. The rest had been grown a little worried.

" Is she okay? " Xingqiu asks. " Maybe she's.. taking a dump, or.. uh.. " Chongyun tried his best to reply. " Hm..someone should check on her. Xiao, you should. You know her the best out of all of us. " Hu Tao looks over at me. I take a second before replying. " Okay. "

I begin walking out of her room, and head towards the washroom.

I'd knock on the door, no answer. I'd knock again, but no answer. " Y/N? Why are you taking so long? " I mumble. Suddenly, I hear quiet sobbing.

I freeze.

She's crying.

I quickly try to open the door, finally, it opens. The lights were closed, but the sobbing grew much louder. Quickly flicking the lights on, I see Y/N, all curled up into a ball.

I'd quickly come beside her, while she looks at me with watery eyes. Suddenly, she hugs me, tightly. I hug her back. We stay like this for awhile. I rub her back, as a way to try to calm her down.

You can.. cry all you want, I don't mind. " I try to soften my tone of voice. She continued to sob, embracing me tighter and tighter. " I'm here for you, don't.. worry. " I brush my hand through her H/C hair. after a few minutes, she let's go.

I softly hold her hand in mine, feeling her cold hand warm up.

" Are you able to tell me why your crying, now? If you're comfortable with it. " I look at her. She looks down to her knees, wiping away some tears.

" I.. my grades have been low recently, and I have so much work and homework undone.. " She mumbles. " If you want, I can help you, does that sound okay? " She silently nods, before bursting into tears again. " But.. I don't wanna trouble you! You have your own work to finish too! So.. " She trails off, unable to finish her sentence.

" I don't mind, I.. promise. " A tiny smile appeared on my face. My voice suddenly became softer. Y/N managed to smile. " .. Promise, Xiao?.. " Her voice was barley a whisper, though I was still able to hear her. " Yes. " I reply. I quickly bring her off the floor, sitting on the edge of her bathtub / sink.

We just sit there in silence, continuing to hold hands. Soon, Y/N's face had no more tears, then, she smiled at me. " Xiao.. uh.. I never knew you could do such a thing.. " She mumbles, trying not to let everyone else in her room hear.

" .. I guess it is because you are special to me. " I turn to her. The smallest hint of red appeared on her face. " We should go back to the others, they must be worried. " I get up, while Y/N does too.

We'd slowly walk back to her room, as I opened the door, Hu Tao hugged Y/N. " Aiya, finally you're back! We've been worried about you two! " Hu Tao then backs away, returning to the small table.

" Instead of studying, can we help.. Y/N with all of her assignments..? " I ask, awkward. " Yes, of course! Come on you two, let's get started. " Xingqiu closes the book he was reading, smiling at the both of us.

I sit back down, while Y/N grabs a pile of both homework, and work. The pile wasn't to big, which was good.

As we continue helping Y/N finish all of her papers in a few hours, her face lights up. She was not stressed anymore, which was good. I felt my heart beating quickly again, my body heating up.

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

A/N
ughh sorry for this part being so short, I couldn't think of much
also why is this so adorable help
Have a good day!

WORD COUNT - 1395 words!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.6K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
33.2K 711 19
BMC and DEH oneshots! This book will have two authors (myself and Pigapegacatamermicorn). Anime/I am a lazy piece of schist. I'm sorry Pig ;-;. I m...
1.1M 45.6K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
67.9K 2.9K 34
modern au scaramouche x reader the music was muffled in the background, but you still didn't pay attention to it as you cried your heart out. you di...