Emily Black and the Order of...

By iluvremuslupin

Voldemort is back,the ministry won't believe it and have control over Hogwarts.Emily is going into her 5th ye... More

Beyond Repair
The Trial?
Azkaban
Leaving marks
Back to Hogwarts
Athea Deters
Toadface
Detention
Hog's Head
Educational Degree
Dumbledore's Army
Weasley is our King
Quidditch tryouts
Saint Mungo's
Christmas
Vicious Circle of Immaturity
The Worst Holiday Ever
The Quibbler
Dumbledore's dismiss
Memory
Careers Advice
The Quidditch Final
Owls
The Department of Mysteries
Empty
Sequel

Sanity is overrated

10.5K 417 64
By iluvremuslupin

(Emily's pov) 

I sat there on the cold floor,staring at the dark green wall.No tears fell from my eyes, crying was nearly physically impossible for me now.I turned around to see dad standing there, concern etched on his face.I don't deserve his concern,I've been nothing but horrible to him.

I crawled over to the newspaper and picked it up.

'Due to stand trial on the 12th of August' it said.

"Why did nobody tell me?"I asked,my voice shaking slightly.

"You have enough on your plate"dad said and I nodded.

"How could I have been involved?"I asked and he glared at the floor.

"You disappeared for awhile after the third task,this didn't go unnoticed. They also want to blame you for something,you're my child and you're claiming that Voldemort is back.They want to make you seem like a murderous mad-woman"he explained and I nodded.

"I'm sorry for everything"I mumbled and he nodded.

"You were right though"he said grimly.

"That doesn't mean I should have said it"I replied.

"I should probably sleep,I'll see you tomorrow"I said,crawling into my bed.

"Night Em"he said,kissing my forehead.

"Night dad"I said as he left.I didn't get any sleep that night though.

I sat down at the dinner table,many of the Order members were huddled around the kitchen,talking excitedly about meeting Harry Potter.Harry got attacked from dementors and incidentally had a trial at the ministry the same day as me.Maybe we will share a cell in Azkaban.Well he won't get put in Azkaban but I will if I'm found guilty.

This is the day that I had planned to find out what the Order is up too,as many will be gone I have an opportunity.

"Bye!Good Luck!"I shouted after them and about 20 order members left.

Mrs Weasley shooed everybody out but I stayed.She walked out of the room and I sat on the table in front of Sev.

"What do you want Emily?"he growled and I shrugged.

"Nothing much.Just answers"I replied and he looked up raising an eyebrow.

"About what?"he asked.

"Why are the Order of the Phoenix interested in the department of mysteries?"I asked and he blinked.

"They aren't"he lied but I saw through it.I smirked and took the map from my back pocket.

"Really?Then why do the Order have a map of it?Really you should hide this stuff better.Now,what are you all guarding?"I asked and this time he smirked.

"I forgot how cunning and sly you are. You should have been in Slytherin"Sev commented and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh Sev,stop changing the subject"I said in a sing-song voice.

"You're just going to have to find out yourself.Now I'm leaving before Potter comes"he said and then strutted down the hallway and slammed the door,causing 'granny' to screech.

"Can you please be quiet granny?My ears are hurting"I said and the portrait looked at me before nodding.

"Of course dear"she said and I gave her the best charming smile I could muster and then closed the curtains.

I heard the many door locks click so I decided to go back to the kitchen because there was sure to be a swarm of people coming through any second.

Mrs Weasley rushed past me.Order members filed in and I tried to fade into the corner but I didn't work.

"Emily leave"Remus said sternly and I pouted,everybody turned to me.

"I want to join the Order"I said clearly but my dad,Sev,Remus and the three Weasley's shook there heads.

"I'm sorry Emily.Maybe when you are of age"Dumbledore said and I shrugged.I left the room and made my way upstairs when I heard Harry's voice shout.

"SO YOU HAVEN'T BEEN IN THE MEETINGS, BIG DEAL! YOU'VE STILL BEEN HERE, HAVEN'T YOU? YOU'VE STILL BEEN TOGETHER! ME, I'VE BEEN STUCK AT THE DURSLEYS' FOR A MONTH! AND I'VE HANDLED MORE THAN YOU TWO'VE EVER MANAGED AND DUMBLEDORE KNOWS IT-- WHO SAVED THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE? WHO GOT RID OF RIDDLE? WHO SAVED BOTH YOUR SKINS FROM THE DEMENTORS? WHO HAD TO GET PAST DRAGONS AND SPHINXES AND EVERY OTHER FOUL THING LAST YEAR? WHO SAW HIM COME BACK? WHO HAD TO ESCAPE FROM HIM? ME!"

"BUT WHY SHOULD I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON? WHY SHOULD ANYONE BOTHER TO TELL ME WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING?"

"Harry you aren't the only one that has been kept in the dark"I said entering the room and he glared at me.

"YOU WERE HERE,WEREN'T YOU?FOUR WEEKS I'VE BEEN STUCK IN PRIVET DRIVE, NICKING PAPERS OUT OF BINS TO TRY AND FIND OUT WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON.I SUPPOSE YOU'VE BEEN HAVING A REAL LAUGH, HAVEN'T YOU, ALL HOLED UP HERE TOGETHER-"

"No Harry.You want to know what we have been doing?Well these here have been cleaning while I try to think of a way of keeping myself out if Azkaban!"I shouted at him and he looked shocked.

"Azkaban?"he asked and I nodded.

"You aren't the only one on trial"I said softly "They're blaming me for Cedric's death"

"But you-"

"I know Harry but they're just looking for an excuse"I said sighing."You have catching up to do I'm going to see Fred and George"I said and I left to the room across the hall.

"Hey"I said plopping down on one of the beds.

"Hi.Harry is here"they stated in sync.

"How did you notice?"I asked sarcastically and they chuckled.

"Guys?"

"Yeah?"they asked and I looked at them seriously.

"You know I love you guys,right?"I asked and they grinned.

"We love you too"they said,and then jumped on me.I giggled as we fell off the bed.

"Wanna scare the others?"Fred asked and we both nodded.They both took my arm and we apparated into the room I was in previously.

"Stop doing that!"Hermione said weakly to the twins.

"Hello, Harry"George said, beaming at him. "We thought we heard your dulcet tones."

"You don't want to bottle up your anger like that, Harry, let it all out"Fred said,also beaming."There might be a couple of people fifty miles away who didn't hear you."

"It would have taken you about thirty seconds longer to walk down the stairs," Ron said.

"Time is Galleons, little brother,"Fred said. "Anyway, Harry, you're interfering with reception. Extendable Ears,"he added in response to Harry's raised eyebrows,"We're trying to hear what's going on downstairs"

"You want to be careful" said Ron, staring at the Ear, 'if Mum sees one of them again...'

'It's worth the risk, that's a major meeting they're having,' said Fred. 

The door opened and in came Ginny.

'Oh, hello, Harry!' said Ginny, brightly. 'I thought I heard your voice.'

Turning to Fred and George, she said, 'It's no-go with the Extendable Ears, she's gone and put an Imperturbable Charm on the kitchen door.'

'How d'you know?' said George, looking crestfallen.

'Tonks told me how to find out,' said Ginny. 'You just chuck stuff at the door and if it can't make contact the door's been Imperturbed. I've been flicking Dungbombs at it from the top of the stairs and they just soar away from it, so there's no way the Extendable Ears will be able to get under the gap.'

Fred heaved a deep sigh.

'Shame. I really fancied finding out what old Snape's been up to.'

'Snape!' said Harry quickly. 'Is he here?'

"Yes,Is there a problem?"I snapped, talking for the first time since we apparated.

'Git,' said Fred idly.I glared at him and before I could speak Hermione did.

'He's on our side now,' said Hermione reprovingly,looking at me and giving me a small smile.

Ron snorted. 'Doesn't stop him being a git. The way he looks at us when he sees us....'

'Bill doesn't like him, either,' said Ginny, as though that settled the matter.

"Please continue insulting one of my few family members that are still alive. Now if you'll excuse me I'll be leaving"I said coldly before walking out and slamming the door to make them feel bad.

Why couldn't Sev be nice?It really wasn't that hard.I walked aimlessly around the house and I didn't noticed Kreacher until I feel over him.

"Oh I'm so sorry Kreacher"I said offering my hand to the house elf.He spat at me and I frowned.

"Eh...You can get it to Order meetings right?"I asked and he shook his head.

"Dang it.You probably wouldn't have helped me anyway"I said shrugging.I felt sorry for Kreacher.He was all alone in this horrid house for years and dad treats him like filth.

"Goodbye Kreacher"I said cheerfully and he snarled in response.I walked down to the kitchen and the door banged open.

"Oh Emily,dinner will be soon and the meeting is over so you can go in to the kitchen in a moment"Mrs Weasley said and I nodded.Order members swarmed out and I saw Sev's familiar greasy hair.

"Hey Sev.You going home?"I asked and he nodded.

"I will see you soon"he said and then  

left.I turned to Remus and helped him with the locks.

"You're too young to join Emily"He said and I nodded.

"I know,I guess I was just trying my luck"I said and the final lock was sealed.He smiled at me and I smiled back but then a loud crash echoed haround the small hall.

'Tonks!' cried Mrs. Weasley in exasperation, turning to look behind her.

'I'm sorry!' wailed Tonks, who was lying flat on the floor. 'It's that stupid umbrella stand, that's the second time I've tripped over'

But the rest of her words were drowned by a horrible, ear-splitting, blood-curdling screech.

'Filth! Scum! By-products of dirt and vileness! Half-breeds, mutants, freaks, begone from this place! How dare you befoul the house of my fathers'

"I'm sorry"Tonks kept on screaming.

"It's okay Tonks"I screamed over the noise but she still continued to apologise.I heard someone come down the stairs and I turned to see Dad.

'Shut up, you horrible old hag, shut UP!' he roared, seizing the curtain Mrs. Weasley had abandoned.

'Yoooou!' she howled, her eyes popping at the sight of the man. 'Blood traitor, abomination, shame of my flesh!'

'I said--shut--UP!' roared dad and with a stupendous effort he and Remus managed to force the curtains closed again.

"Well Harry you just met my granny. Pleasant woman she is"I said brightly and everybody looked at me as if I was crazy.Maybe I am crazy.Well you know what they say 'Sanity is overrated' 

---------------------------------------------A/N I updated.I would just like to thank you all for reading and your support it means so much to me.The next chapter will be her trial,yay!Thanks to 'XxmorgiexX' 'katerina_cute','PhoenixRose1998' and 'KatieOFFICIAL' for fanning.I'll try to update soon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 440 28
My name is Nemissia Vernice Knight, I go to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. I am friends with Hermione Granger, the Wesleys, and Harry po...
615K 30.9K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
2.1M 108K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
7.3K 499 5
This is a short book about why Hufflepuffs are not that boring.