Impetuous// Loki Fan fiction

By itzlizzy_

"What now?" I look into his eyes and see how his anger quickly disappears and his expression is replaced with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 12

9 3 0
By itzlizzy_

With her arm linked with mine, we walk towards the dining room and before we enter, Loki emerges from the room and he halts as soon as he sees me.

His mouth slack, in what? I'm not sure but he stares at me for a good moment.

"Sage.."

I don't ignore the way his eyes trail my body.

I guess I looked better than he expected.

"Did I exceed your expectations?" I ask after a moment of silence.

He doesn't respond. His face serious as he brings his eyes to my face scanning every feature.

"I was just bringing her to the dining hall," Sigyn adds breaking the trance that seemed to hold Loki's attention.

"I..uh, forgive me," he says lowering his head ever so slightly and looking away before turning to me again. "I meant to come fetch you. I didn't expect you so soon."

"It's alright," I say with a smile.

"Well, let's eat. Shall we?" Sigyn asks looking between us.

Loki and I nod.

She keeps her arms linked with mine as we walk in and I can feel Lokis stare closely.

I feel my stomach turn as I spot several people I do not recognize. As well as Thor, Frigga, and at the end of the table The king himself.

I pray this goes well.

~

The dinner went as well as it could've gone.

Everyone was very kind towards me. For the most part.

Odin was pretty tame with me. He didn't speak so much to me other than questioning me at the start of the meal about where I reside and with whom.

Other than that everyone was alright.

I got along well with Sif and Thor.

I've interacted with Thor a multitude of times but all have been short and brief. This dinner, however, he went on and on about embarrassing memories of which him and Loki share.

All while Loki sits bitterly hearing all of it being hashed out.

He didn't speak much but he did look over at me a vastly amount and sent subtle smiles throughout dinner. Trying his best to reassure me that everything is going fine I'm sure.

The only thing that bothered me was not being able to sit next to or across from Loki. I felt I would feel much better if I did but Sigyn insisted I sit next to her and across from one of their friends named Fandral.

He was sweet and quite the charmer.

I watched Loki stare daggers at him anytime he was getting a little carried away but I didn't mind it. I get that a lot from Horge and I know he only meant it jokingly. Especially considering the rest of the dinner he talked to me quite respectfully. As did the rest of them.

I knew the dinner was a success when Odin let me know that I was welcomed in the palace anytime.

Did he say it flatly and very seriously? Yes, however it still means something for him to approve of me. Whether or not he and Loki have the best of relationships. He's still his father and he is after all, the king.

"Didn't I say it wouldn't be so bad?" He tells me as we walk out the palace together.

"Yes, very well. You were right. Are you satisfied?"

"Mm, say it one more time," he asks me with his eyes closed.

I smack lightly and walk off.

"You truly think they enjoyed me? I mean-your father and..your friends," I say going down the grand steps before halting and turning to wait for his response.

I know his mother thinks of me kindly by now which is a huge relief. However I'm not sure about his father. He did say I was welcomed back, however does that mean he likes me? I don't believe so.

"I suppose," he says with a shrug.

I sigh imperceptibly.

Not sure what I was expecting of Loki. Encouraging words? That's not much his style.

I simply nod lazily before turning on my heel, ready to officially leave.

"Wait-"

I stop and turn to him.

He stares at me for a second before sighing.

"Does it really matter that much to you what my family and friends think of you?" He asks seriously.

I look at him befuddled for a moment.

"Of course."

"Why?" He asks in a deathly calm manner.

One I know very well does not mean he is happy.

"Because they're your family."

"They mean nothing truly," he says as if that's true at all.

I've come to recognize Loki's distance and strain from his family. He doesn't speak much of them and when I mention them he doesn't seem too fond  of me bringing them up, but I know he cares for them. If anything I know he loves his mother and brother very much. I can see it in the way his face completely changes when he speaks of them compared to Odin. The way he speaks with much less malice then when he speaks of his father.

So knowing what I know, I don't take what he says too greatly. I know he's only frustrated that I don't see completely eye to eye with him.

"You are my friend. Not theirs. Should it not only matter what I think?"

I twist my brows in confusion.

"Of course it matters but you cannot act as if I should just not care what they think. I mean, logically think about it Loki. Your parents are still king and queen of Asgard. Regardless I care what they think, even more now that I'm spending time with their son."

"Their son?" He asks with a hint of anger and what I can only describe as disgust.

"You know what I am saying, Loki."

He just stays silent and I start walking  up the stairs; closer to him.

Once I'm up to him I grip his arms.

He's taken aback by it for a moment.

It's meant to be on his shoulders but he's so damn tall that I settle for the arms.

"You are my dear friend. Of course I'm going to care about what they all believe of me, however if they don't see me fit, that won't change our friendship."

That seemed to dissipate his anger. He stares at me at a loss for words for a moment. Then it slips away and all that is left is a stare from him of what I can only describe as an expression of enamor for a dear friend.

He smiles at me genuinely after. A smile he doesn't often display. Which only makes this moment that more meaningful then it already feels.

"Very well then. See you tomorrow?" He asks.

I smile and let go of his arms before stepping back, ready to leave.

"Of course."

"Goodbye Sage."

"Goodbye Loki."

***

"So what do you do when you are not with me?"

We're both laying on the grass as I play with my magic in my hands. Bringing forth the golden color of it that I've grown familiar with.

It's been a couple weeks since the dinner and I've grown quite fondly of his family. Especially closely with his brother Thor and lady Sif.
I've stumbled by Sigyn a few a times when I'm at the palace with Loki and she always smiles at me however it always seems forced and the last time I did see her she quite literally ignored me. I didn't have a chance to react considering I was with Loki and when I noticed he had grabbed my hand and teleported us elsewhere, to whatever place we were causing mischief in; and by we I mean him.

Aside from that I've learned to use my magic properly. How to use my surges of power and lately I've been getting the hang of my telekinetic ability which has been very fun. For me more than Loki. He's been teaching me in his home at first to lift certain objects to start and I made quite a mess to say the least.

"I practice my fighting and read, of course you know that."

"Is that really all?"

I sit up and he eyes me as if he considering telling me something.

"What?"

"Well, I'll tell you but please try your oh-so best to not make a big deal out of it."

"No promises," I say with a smirk.

He sighs and goes on.

"Well..sometimes Odin will send us off to take care of some quarrels. Involving creatures from..other lands. Other..realms. If need be."

"You and whom else?"

"Thor, Farndral, Sif, our good friend Hogun who you haven't met yet and..Sigyn."

Oh.

Sigyn seems like a swell person I'm sure but I have a ghastly feeling about her. From the moment we met.

"Oh, I see. Well..sounds like your father is finally giving you more responsibility. Must mean he is focusing more on you, is it not?"

He smiles forcefully.

"Do not get ahead of yourself. He still keeps me on the outs for many important affairs regarding the kingdom. Important affairs of which I'm sure he speaks to Thor about many a times."

I stay quiet not knowing what to say.

"Forgive me, I suppose I just thought-"

"Yes well what exactly do you expect when I am here with you most of my time?" He says getting frustrated as he stands up.

"I didn't mean to upset you...I just wanted to know."

I hear him sigh as his back is turned to mine but he doesn't speak up.

"Is this about more responsibility? Or..is this about the throne?"

He snaps his head my way looking taken back.

"What do you know about the throne?"

I swallow. Recognizing his anger that's surfacing. I do not wish to fight with him. I hate it when we fight.

"I just..I've heard talk of the throne. I heard it's most likely going to Thor. Is that true?"

"Of course it's not," He snaps at me.

I look away; down at my feet.

"I'm.. sorry, I suppose I've heard wrongly."

I hear him sigh again as he turns his body to me.

"No, forgive me. You're not wrong."

I stare at him confused as he struggles to continue.

"There has been talk and I..." he goes on as if it pains him to even utter these next few words. "I personally overheard my father speak with my mother about his plans for Thor...as King of Asgard," he says and I watch closely as his hands ball into fists.

"Oh. Well, forgive me Loki. I never realized how important it was for you to be king. You've never talked about it."

He laughs though I know he doesn't find this the slightest bit amusing.

"Why..who wouldn't want to rule a place like Asgard?" he speaks looking out into the kingdom, with a smile plastered on his face. As he imagines the possibility of it I'm sure.

"Hm, and there's nothing you could do? Surely you still have time to fall on your fathers good graces."

He chuckles and sits back down on the grass. I follow swiftly.

"Believe me I've had my whole life to fall on my fathers good graces. If it hasn't happen yet, it won't ever."

I sigh in defeat. Wishing I could help him somehow or make him feel better at most.

He sighs and lays back. Bringing his arms behind his head.

"No..the only option that I suppose could help is to be wedded."

I turn to him quickly.

"Marry someone?"

He looks at me calmly and nods.

"Well..," I go turning away. "You are doomed then, because who on Asgard would want to wed you?" I say causing another chuckle to come from him.

I look back with a smile.

It's quiet for a moment and I enjoy the comfortable silence until he ruins it.

"My parents believe I should wed Sig."

I look at him puzzled.

"Sigyn?"

He studies me and nods again; calmly.

"Both our parents have made it quite apparent that they would want me to marry her. That she would bode well for me."

I feel a slight tinge of annoyance over this and I try to ignore it. I understand if he does choose to it wouldn't be for a while longer. However, I want to believe my distaste for this is because I know he's still pretty young. That he can meet someone great rather than just marrying now for the throne. However, I've seen many marry this young, it is not uncommon.

"Surely you are not considering marrying her just for the throne?"

He opens his eyes after having them closed for so long and turns to me.

"I do not wish to speak about this anymore," he says with a sigh sitting up.

The matter of him not denying what I came to assume bothers me more than I'd like.

I look away to the sun that's beating down on us as it starts to get warmer.

I'm going to be needing clothing that will not cover so much, for I fear I'll sweat to death.

"I do say, it has been getting very hot has it not?" He asks randomly.

I look at him and notice he's been staring at me.

"Yes."

"Why don't we change that?"

I look at him suspiciously.

"What are you thinking?"

He smirks devilishly at me before grabbing my arm.

Within an instant we teleport elsewhere and when we set foot there I nearly fall forward from unbalance as I see we're at the top of a waterfall.

"What on Asgard are we doing here?!" I say shouting over the loud current.

"Come on! Let's have some fun," he say with a smirk. In an instant I'm rendered speechless as he's uses his magic to rid his clothes. Leaving him only in his undergarments.

I widen my eyes and he smiles widely.

"Like what you see?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"In your dreams," I say bitterly.

"No not mine but I'm sure I'll be in yours," he says inching closer to me with painful grin before I use my magic to push him over the edge. Sending him tumbling into the water.

I let out a cry of laughter as I watch him come back up with fury in his eyes.

My laughter subsides once I see him lift his hand. Guessing on what he's doing I quickly use my magic to remove my clothing, leaving only my undergarments as well before I connect with the water in a great impact.

I can hear his muffled laughter under water as I swim back up.

I come up for air and he laughs even harder as he sees my face. All covered with my hair before I move it out of the way.

"Oh, you're asking for a death wish."

"Am I now?" He asks with his stupid wide smile before splashing my face with water.

I lose my temper and use my magic to throw a wave after him. Submerging him completely.

I chuckle and smile at how good that made me feel.

He returned back up and the next hour or so consisted of us swimming and mostly using magic to throw water and trying to nearly drown each other like children.

Though our talk wasn't what I was hoping for today, I can't deny I enjoyed how we ended it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.2K 1.5K 27
You are the newest, and youngest, member of the Avengers. You love being on the team, but it comes with its challenges. Almost every night you find y...
75.9K 1.1K 46
𝗠𝘆 𝗹𝗲𝗴𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘄𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘀𝘁...𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗻𝗲𝗰𝗸. 🦾🦾🦾 A book full of smut, fl...
3.5K 203 49
My first ever fan-fiction. This will be set after his attack on New York, but before Ragnarok. This is intended for an 18+ audience! Now onto the no...
106 0 29
This is not one of my Loki stories but instead it's of Captain America. I hope you will enjoy this story as much as you do my Loki stories. One day...