Sentiment | Dave East

By Macklitty

Sentiment (noun) sen·​ti·​ment ˈsen-tə-mənt : an attitude, thought, or judgment prompted by feeling. "You ju... More

𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵: 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘊𝘈𝘚𝘛
①.
②.
③.
④.
⑤.
⑥.
⑧.
⑨.
①⓪.
①①.
①②.
①③.
①④.
①⑤.
①⑥.
①⑦ .
①⑧.
①⑨.
②①.
②②. ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1
②③. ᴘᴀʀᴛ 2
②④.
②⑤.
②⑥.
②⑦.
②⑧.
②⑨.
③⓪.
③①.
③②.
③③.
③④.
③⑤.
③⑥.
③⑦. Part 1
③⑧. Part 2
③⑨.
④⓪.
④①.
④②.
④③.
④④.
④⑤.
④⑥.
④⑦.
④⑧.
④⑨.
⑤⓪.
⑤①.
Epilouge.

②⓪.

16.8K 815 738
By Macklitty

Omniscient
January
Monday 4:22PM

Rubbing her hand over her small baby bump, she sat zoned out. Disconnected from reality for the past month and living in a trance. Though life was moving forward, she felt stuck in a never ending loop. Forced to relive the horrors of that night through dreams every time she shut her eyes.

"Chassidy?"

"Chassidy, are you listening?"

Waking from her deep thoughts, Chassidy stared up at her therapist, Monica who sat waiting for an answer.

"I—I'm sorry, what were you saying?" Chassidy stumbled on her words, realizing she was blanking out again.

Her therapist took notice and let out a deep sigh, growing worried about Chassidy's mental health.

"Would you like to end our session early?" The therapist asked, pushing her glasses back up against her face, "I don't think you're well enough to finish today."

"No," Chassidy spoke, "I am...repeat the question please."

Monica could see Chassidy didn't get far when it came to talking about what happened that night at the club. She could get past a few sentences and then she'd blank out completely. Chassidy was suffering severely from PTSD and it was affecting portions of her memory. It was also extremely stress-inducing on her baby, especially since she was now a single mom. She only had her friends around for support but if anything, she really wanted her baby's father to be by her side at this moment.

"My question," Monica spoke while writing a few things down, "Are you still having the night terrors?"

"Um," Chassidy started, swallowing the lump forming in her throat, "I think they've kinda stopped actually."

"When was the last time you had a full eight hours of sleep?" Her therapist questioned next, raising a brow.

"Two days ago, or...yesterday." Chassidy lied, knowing she really hadn't slept at all the whole entire week, probably 20 minutes every day but that was about it. The dark bags under her eyes however told her therapist the real answer.

"It doesn't look like you've slept..." Monica replied with a deep sigh. She was having a really hard time getting Chassidy to open up but she was patient, "Chassidy, be as truthful as you can."

A silence say between them, Chassidy's eyes roaming the room mindlessly. She sat twirling her thumbs together as her anxiety spiked at each question that was being asked. She felt sick to her stomach but still she finally spoke what was on her mind.

"I don't sleep." Chassidy's tone was so low, her therapist could barely make out her words.

"You don't sleep or you aren't sleeping well?" She questioned, unsure about what Chassidy meant.

"I don't sleep at all, maybe twenty minutes a day, if that." Chassidy sighed and turned her gaze elsewhere.

"Is it because of the dreams or?"

"No. It was the dreams at first, but now—It's just hard...knowing I killed someone. It's keeping me up at night." Chassidy spoke, her voice cracking near the end of her sentence. "And seeing the person I love just..die, right in front of me. I can't close my eyes because all I fucking see is him laying there, dead." As soon as she said those very words she broke into a complete sobbing fit.

"Chassidy, you were defending your loved ones...you aren't wrong for what you did." Her therapist said as she reached over to hand her a box of tissue, "I think you may be placing some blame on yourself for everything that happened and it's becoming unhealthy."

"I'm not blaming myself but I do feel like I let our child down. My baby needs a father, she needs Rico and I do too." Chassidy spoke through a sniffle, "Part of me feels like I could have kept him out of trouble that night if I pressed the issue harder or if we just stayed home that night. We talked about him leaving the streets behind and him getting back in school the night before everything happened. He deserved a chance, a chance at the life he was planning outside of the streets. He had plans for himself, for us—our family."

"Nothing that happened that night is your fault." Monica assured her in the softest tone, "And it's important to remember that Rico wouldn't be blaming you for this if he was here, he'd want you to be taking care of yourself. You have to remember, It won't be this way forever." She spoke sincerely as she watched Chassidy calm down for a second—but it didn't last for long.

"I know...but right now, I'm hopeless." Chassidy's voice cracked as her tears came back with full force again. She shook her head and covered her wet eyes with her hands. "I need him most right now. He should be here...with me and his daughter."

Miami, FL
Monday 5:30PM
True's House

Hearing a knock at the door, True walked over and peeked through the window to see his expected guest. His lawyer, Issac stood at the door nodding his head at True before stepping inside.

"Issac, wassup with you?" True spoke, dapping him before he closed the door behind him.

Issac was more than just a lawyer to True, he was a good childhood friend too. One of the ones that made it out the hood and went off to college. They lost touch when he moved outta Opa-Locka but rekindled a few years back after they ran into one another at a hearing True had for a gun charge. He was also the same one who got Dee's felony charges dropped. Issac more than good at what he did, he was the reason True hadn't served any actual prison time for any of the crimes he committed. He pulled a lot of strings for him but none that were illegal or enough to risk losing his job.

"Mannn...Business as usual, pulling strings to get yo' ass outta trouble." Issac joked as he walked in and took a seat on the couch, "How that new accessory treating you?" He questioned, glancing down at the ankle monitor True had on.

"Shit way worse than I remember." True chuckled, staring down at it. "Ain't had one of these bitches since a teen."

The hospital was the only place True had been going the past few weeks since everything went down. He was out on bond, which meant he had to stay within the jurisdiction of the court in which he was arrested. Him going anywhere near the warehouse in Opa-Locka was off limits for now and hospital visits were given an exception for obvious reasons.

True had been out on bond plenty of times before without an ankle monitor, but this time was different. Since the court ruled True a danger to the community, they made the decision that he needed to be tracked until his trial.

The night everything happened, the police came and arrested him at the hospital while he was waiting for them to revive Essence. It wasn't until a few weeks later that he found out Kela was the one who went and dropped his name. She made a few false claims, the first being that he shot her without a motive and the second being that he was the one who actually roofied Essence. Besides the fact that Jakia backed up Kela's story, Essence didn't even wanna speak to True once she was conscious.

If anything, he only needed her help to clear up the roofy situation but since she wouldn't speak on it, the accusations against him weren't considered false. Now that the whole incident was under Investigation, True was a suspect, especially since everyone else on the scene was dead except for Chassidy, Aladrea and Essence—who at the time still had no pulse.

"Well, I got some good news for you that I think could help with the case Kela started against you." Issac spoke, opening his laptop and pulling it into his lap.

"And the murder charges?" True questioned with a raised brow, "Think they gone rule that shit self defense."

"Possibly...but only if you can get Essence to testify that Jaylen was her abusive ex and that he wasn't following the restraining ordinance she had against him. Of course we could tell them that ourselves but they'd need to hear it from the source herself, first and foremost. Let's not forget that your murder charge for Marcus is still classified as self defense on your record, which could also cause conflict. They may bring that back up and question why every murder you commit is always supposedly self defense." Issac explained with a heavy sigh.

"Well, Ion' talk to Essence at all," True spoke nonchalantly, "But I can see what I can do."

"I'm guessing you're blocked still huh?" Issac questioned, seeing the look on True's face.

"Yo' guess is as good as mine." Is all true said as he sucked his teeth.

"Take a look at this." Issac said, rerouting the conversation to a more positive note.

True stared at the computer screen, unsure what he was looking at. He looked over at Issac with a scrunched face of confusion.

"What is this?" True questioned, briefly skimming the article in front of him.

"That's Pierre Delva, big ass drug leader for the Haitian Zoe Pound gang. You familiar?" Issac asked him and True nodded.

"Yeah, heard of the nigga." True spoke, "How he helping me out doe?"

"While back I did some work for him when he got locked up at Rikers Island in New York. It was a pretty hard case to beat considering it was drug trafficking and racketeering but I made it happen." Isaac told True who sat listening carefully.

"What kinda drugs?" True asked, becoming invested.

"Lots of illegal shit, most of it would get you a life sentence if you're found with it in the United States." Issac replied. Turning his computer back to himself, he minimized the article and pulled up a few more things.

"I took a look back at the case I was working on for him and saw that one of the drugs he was caught smuggling from a few Caribbean countries was Flunitrazepam or also known as Rohypnol. Really strong sedative, just another fancy word for roofies." Isaac spoke again, nodding his head.

"So you think he Kela supplier?" True questioned and Issac nodded.

"Gotta be, not too many other niggas moving any sedatives that strong. Most they've caught on the street was just Ketamine which isn't very potent." Isaac said with sureness before opening a few more tabs and speaking again,

"But there's more....It turns out those roofies he was moving weren't roofies at all, he was just was selling them as that. It was really Xylazine, a super strong grade of animal tranquilizer, not even approved for humans. Even two roofies wouldn't be strong enough to kill someone but I'm assuming that's what he told Kela to cover his own tracks if anything did happen. Xylazine on the other hand is definitely capable of doing so. It's way past illegal, again, I'm talking life sentence especially since it often appears in fentanyl and cocaine. If this is true, Kela could be charged with attempted murder for giving such a substance to Essence but..we gotta prove it first."

"So what, you asking me to do a drug bust on this nigga or some?" True scoffed at Issac, "Ian' no snitch."

"Chill yo' ass out. I'm not insinuating a drug bust, I'm saying maybe y'all could meet up and you get some answers from him. If anything, y'all both go against Kela and let this fall down on her, since she is the actual culprit. Right now, it ain't looking too good for you because her and Jakia have some good accusations against you. Plus most of the bodies on the scene, you're responsible for." Isaac shrugged at True.

"Meet up?" True laughed, looking back down at his ankle monitor, "Yeah Aight. Ion' know this nigga foreal and I ain't really in no position to be handling shit like this before my trial."

"That nigga in his fifties, I know you ain't scared of no elder." Issac said jokingly as he nudged True.

"Never." True spoke, "It's just..this nigga an OG, I ain't saying he got the one up on me but he might not trust me that well."

"Funny, cause he knows of you." Issac said making True jerk his head back at him.

"Fuck he know me from?" True asked, as if he didn't have lots of street recognition around Miami himself.

"Nigga anybody involved in the drug game know you. He mentioned you once before when I was fighting his case. Even complimented you, said you know how to make your money well." Isaac expressed, making True chuckle. Hearing that the leader of a notorious drug gang gave him street credit made his ego boost. It was the one compliment that a hood nigga like himself valued.

"So where this nigga located at?" True asked, knowing he couldn't go too far considering his ankle monitor. Issac let out a sigh before he spoke his next word,

"Fort Pierce." He said and in an instant, True smacked his lips.

"Man...hell naw. Issac, that shit almost three hours outside of Miami." True responded as he shook his head, "How the fuck you think I'm getting all the way out there on an ankle monitor?"

"Relax, Imma have to get something ruled out with the court." Isaac told him as he put his hands up to calm True down, "You got any family out there maybe, anything that would allow them to pardon you for that kinda trip?"

"Man, you know Ion' got no family." True said through a heavy irritated breath, "Ain't no way you could get that nigga to come out here?"

"Problem with that is, he has a warrant out for his arrest in Miami right now," Issac chuckled as he thought about a better idea, "Though, I actually do know that he has a daughter that goes to university of Miami, you think Ju's little sister might know her?"

"She might, I could hit her up and find out." True shrugged, "You got a name though?"

"Can't even remember," Issac smacked his lips, mad at himself for forgetting her name, "Just ask if she knows anyone with the last name Delva, and we'll go from there. If so, we could talk to his daughter and have her help get him pardoned for a visit out here, a family emergency or something. That way he wouldn't get arrested if caught around Miami, long as he doesn't stay too long."

"Fasho." True replied with a nod.

"Alright, at least we got some ground covered. I'll also do some record search on your mother's maiden name to see if I can find any potential relatives in that fort pierce vicinity just in case the plan with his daughter doesn't fall through." Isaac said, making True nod at his statement, "Was your mom ever married? I could do a search on that last name as well if so."

"Nah, never married." True confirmed and Issac was sure to note that.

"Besides all this shit, how've you been since everything?" Isaac asked True. He was his lawyer first but a friend right after. He hated that True never got the same opportunity as him to leave the hood and make an actual life for himself beyond the streets.

"Shit," True started as he zoned out into his thoughts, "It ain't all bad...but it ain't all good either."

"You missing that girl, ain't you?" Isaac smiled a little at True, "She gone come back around once this all blow over."

"If it blow over." True corrected him, "And she stubborn foreal, you don't know her like I do."

"I know she must be some special as hell." Isaac spoke, "Never seen no woman make you this sprung out and I've been knowing you since we was kids. You facing murder charges and a few misdemeanors but you worried about her and y'all ain't even together no more. That's real."

"Imma always worry about her," True spoke sincerely.

Miami, FL
Monday 7:30PM
Miami Central Health Hospital

Walking through the hospital's double sliding doors, Chassidy instantly got goosebumps just being in the environment. It wasn't because the hospital was a naturally cold place, it was because of the eerie feeling it gave her every time she stopped by.

She could feel stomach turning at every step she took forward, unsure if she could handle being in such a place at the moment. She had just left a very emotional session with her therapist and maybe it would of been best for her to just skip the hospital today—but she just couldn't.

She walked up to the desk and let out a breath as the woman greeted her.

"Hi, here for a visit or are you checking someone in?" The woman questioned with a friendly and inviting smile. She wasn't usual woman who was at the desk so she didn't know that Chassidy came everyday for her visit.

"Visit." Chassidy said, keeping her response short. The woman nodded noticing she wasn't interested in much conversation and passed her the visitors sign in sheet that was attached to a clipboard.

Chassidy went to sign her name but made a few accidental scribbles since she was shaking so bad. She let out a few deep breaths to compose her anxiety and finally signed the paper.

"Patient name?"

Chassidy looked up at the woman, her reply taking a while to come out before it finally fell from her mouth.

"Rico Carter."

The woman nodded once more as she did a few things on the computer in front of her.

"You're all set, you need help finding the room and floor?" The woman asked with her head tilted.

"No thank you, I know my way." Chassidy gave a tight-lipped smile and made her way towards the elevators.

Finally making it to his room, the repetitive beeping sounds of the hospital machines sent shivers through Chassidy's body, like usual. She never understood why people hated hospitals until now.

"Hey baby, I'm a little late today but I made it." Chassidy spoke barely above a whisper as she caressed his hand. She cracked a small smile before leaning down to kiss his face. As always, she took one of his hands and placed it on her baby bump, hoping he could feel something.

It was truly a miracle that she was even able to be holding his hand right now. The night everything happened, he was pronounced dead at the scene. He had no pulse when the ambulance arrived but Chassidy begged them to still take him to the hospital and perform surgery.

After all, it was a good thing she did. She was the reason his life was saved, miraculously spared even. The surgeon himself said he had never saved a victim in such a condition before but yet, he did. He shouldn't of lived, not after 13 gunshot wounds. He had lost so much blood that the surgery barely pulled through but thankfully, him and Chassidy shared the same blood type. She gave some of her own that night, just to save him.

All Chassidy could remember is praying to God that Rico wasn't gone forever and thankfully, her prayers were answered. They found the faintest pulse when they arrived at the hospital and immediately started surgery which lasted for nearly 6 hours.

However, he wasn't in the best shape at all. He was still in the ICU and had been the entire month. He had stitches from his chest to his stomach and wasn't even able to breathe on his own. The only thing keeping him breathing at the moment was the ventilator attached to him. The bigger downside was that he could only be on it for so long before they'd need to remove it. A month was already pushing it considering too much oxygen in the mix for too long can be bad for the lungs.

The doctors had told Chassidy that If the amount of air was too much, or if his lungs were too weak, it could damage his lung tissue. Which usually always resulted in a ventilator-associated lung injury. In much simpler words, they'd need to remove it immediately and his chance of life after that wouldn't even be slim, it'd be none.

Though Chassidy was standing in front of his body right now, he still felt dead to her. There hadn't been much positive news about his progress, if any.

Sometimes people are given another chance at life when they're deserving of it. She just hoped that Rico was lucky enough to get that chance.

February was in one week and Chassidy was praying again, hoping he'd get better everyday. She was afraid he'd miss all the special things soon to be parents experienced together. The baby shower, shopping for clothes or toys and even though she had already settled on a name, she still wanted his approval on it.

"Hey Chas." A voice spoke softly from the door, making Chassidy turn around. A small smile is all she could give Essence, who stood across from her.

"Hey." Chassidy spoke lowly before reverting her attention back to Rico.

"How are you babe?" Essence asked, walking over to where Chassidy sat.

"Same as always." Was the only response Chassidy gave. She rested her elbows on her knees while studying Rico where he laid. Essence only nodded at her answer and watched as Chassidy sat lost in her thoughts.

"And baby R?" Essence asked to reignite the conversation, looking at Chassidy's belly with a smile.

"She's good, she was super active at the last appointment." Chassidy laughed a little, placing a hand on her small belly.

"She's gonna be hyper for sure." Essence laughed back. Chassidy's smile only lasted a second before it faded and Essence could easily read her best friend's emotions.

"Listen...he'll be up in no time Chas, don't stress about it too much. Rico wouldn't want you not sleeping and eating, especially while pregnant." Essence told her as she rubbed her back for comfort.

Unfortunately Essence knew that wasn't the full truth. She and another nurse had been tending to him since he got there and he really wasn't making much improvement. Usually people in a coma would show some sign of responsiveness after a month and he wasn't at all. In fact, his brain activity in general was very minimal. Though he wasn't in the greatest condition, Chassidy was just happy she was visiting him in a hospital room and not a grave site.

"Damn, we got ourselves in some deep shit once we got involved with these niggas huh?" Chassidy spoke up again and chuckled, shaking her head in disbelief.

All Essence could do was nod to agree. She felt the exact same way as Chassidy. It's not that she regretted the night they all met, she just wondered how things would be if they never met. She imagined herself never getting mixed up with True but she still loved every moment she had spent with him. Now, they weren't even together or talking. Though both parties shared some faults, Essence was the one to cut all ties.

After everything that happened on New Year's Eve, she didn't want anything to do with him. She never gave him the chance to apologize, they never talked about how it happened, she just upped and cut him out her life. In her opinion, the one thing that she asked not to happen did. The life True had in the streets was bleeding over into their relationship and she wasn't willing to tolerate it. She liked him a lot but not enough to end up just as her mother said, mourning his death or waiting on him to get released from a cell. Things were especially different now that she herself had been affected. She too was healing from the trauma of that night. Being drugged and sexually assaulted was a heavy weight to carry but she coped best by not speaking of it at all.

"Is Drea coming tonight too?" Essence asked Chassidy. Both her and Drea made sure to accompany Chassidy during her visits here at the hospital and she appreciated the moral support.

"Nah, she's working late but I did forgot to tell you that Tr—" Chassidy started only to be cut off by the door opening.

Essence's head snapped towards the door, only to see the one person she had been avoiding for weeks.

"That's...what I forget to tell you." Chassidy then spoke quietly, looking over at True who stood in the doorway.

Chassidy would always be sure to tell Essence when True was coming to see Rico so that she'd be nowhere around at the time. Even while she had cut ties with him, she missed him a lot. The only way to keep him outta mind was to keep him out of sight. Now seeing him standing the doorway in front of her, she felt an array of emotions.

"My fault, Ian' know you was up here." True finally spoke, his eyes never leaving Essence.

"No, that's okay." Essence responded almost immediately, "I was actually just leaving out."

Chassidy only sat with pursed lips, sensing the awkward tension between the two of them.

"Nah, I'll let y'all finish." True spoke bitterly while shrugging. He was trying his hardest to not let his own emotions show but his face told everything.

"We were done anyways." Essence said short and cold, "I'll see you later Chas." Were her last words before she went rushing out the door past True.

Continuing down the hall, Essence found the most secluded spot she could. Letting out a deep sigh, she stood trying to collect her feelings. A part of her didn't feel wrong for shutting True out but the other half, it still had a soft spot for him.

"Guess yo' phone don't work." She heard a voice speak nearby. She couldn't even face him, let alone give any response.

"You just gone ignore me Essence, foreal?" True asked sternly, taking a few more steps towards her. "It's damn near been a whole month."

"Nobody has been ignoring you, we aren't together so we don't need to talk." Essence finally spoke back, keeping her eyes on everything but him.

"Seem like you ignoring me, cause I texted you and called a few times." True said with a hint of attitude, "I wouldn't let no fucked up shit happen to you and then not check up on you. We ain't gotta be together but imma always make sure you straight."

"Well sorry I didn't see your calls or texts. I've been busy focusing on myself...like I should have did from the beginning." Essence replied back with an even nastier attitude.

"You just saying shit cause you in yo' feelings, you ain't feel that way when shit was good between us." True chuckled at her ignorance.

"Right, when shit was good...but it's not now so this conversation doesn't have a fucking purpose!" Essence said, accidentally raising her voice. She had realized how loud she was and took a look around to be sure she hadn't attracted any unnecessary attention.

"So what you saying?" True scoffed at her with his face scrunched, "We done for good or you just in a lil' mood?"

"We've Been done True, It's not a little mood. I absolutely refuse to put my life in risk by fucking with somebody like you." Essence spoke to him, "It's best if you move on because I know I will."

"Fuck on man." True spoke as he snatched her closer to him, "I ain't moving on from shit."

"Well I am." Essence responded, snatching her arm back away from him.

"So yo' crazy ass ex showing up in Miami is my fault?" True questioned at her. He was hurt, even a little heart broken at Essence's behavior but he held himself together.

"Partially, yes. You can't ever put that fucking gun down, just killing niggas as you please and it caught up to you. That's the only reason he came here, to kill you True." Essence argued, pointing a finger at him.

"You knew that nigga was gone come looking for you once he got released Essence. That shit ain't all on me." True said back, raising his voice with no care, "I protected yo' ass right?"

"Lower your fucking voice at my job." Essence warned him, "Protected me how? I was drugged and sexually assaulted, truthfully almost raped if nobody had found me in time, and nearly killed. Not to mention, I also overdosed and had to be revived. It's not even about protecting me, it's about keeping me out of those situations as a whole. I actually value my life, unlike you." Essence stressed, her voice cracking with each word as she felt tears coming. She never spoke on everything that happened that night and now True was forcing her to do so.

"Essence, I killed niggas for you, a lot of niggas. I'm out on bond, you know that right? I got trial in a few weeks and Ion' even know if they gone charge me with something. Ju and Dee been moving everything from the warehouse in north Miami to the one in Opa-Locka cause this shit might get serious. You don't give a fuck though. You too busy holding a grudge against me because of some shit yo' ex set up against you that I saved yo' ass from."

"It wasn't just Jaylen, let's not forget that Kela had something to do with that shit too. Jaylen wanted to get back at you for his friend and Kela wanted to get back at me because of you. The way I look at it, everything points back to you, you're the fucking problem!" Essence yelled at him with tears in her eyes.

"And you fuckin' selfish Essence, that's the way I look at it!" True's voice held a much different tone then before, one that she had never heard. "You ain't even ask a nigga how he feel. One of my closest niggas laying in a fucking coma, I watched him get lit up by yo' crazy ass ex and couldn't do shit about it. Zay got shot and almost didn't make it, he only seventeen. I been blaming myself about that shit so I told the rest of the boys to not let him come to the warehouse for a while. Oh, and I might be facing time over some shit I did for you. All for yo' ass to cut me out yo' life with no warning, you ain't real for that."

"I gave you a warning when we first got involved!" Essence shouted at him, "I told you that as soon as the shit you do in the streets interfered with our relationship that I was done. You promised it wouldn't and that promise wasn't kept."

"I can't keep every promise, this street shit unpredictable but I promised to protect you and I kept that one." True's words were sincere but not enough to win Essence over.

"Whatever, I should have never even..." Essence spoke lowly to herself but stopped, unsure if she wanted to finish her sentence.

"Never what?" True questioned, already knowing what her next words would be, "Gone head say dat' shit."

"I should have never fucked with you True, ever!" Were the words she finally spat out but still she wasn't done. "My mother was right, this was only gonna end up two ways and truthfully, a street nigga can't do anything for me."

"Right, you knew what it was when you met me though." True chuckled under his breath. It was the only thing he could say at the moment. He was way too hurt by her words to continue the rest of their conversation.

"Yeah, I guess I just know how to pick the worst niggas ever huh?" Essence spat without remorse. Her words felt like they had stabbed through True's heart and left the knife in.

"Imma just assume you saying stupid shit out of anger cause I wasn't shit but good to yo' ass." True said to her sharply. He felt as if she wasn't controlling her words at all, he had feelings too. Right now, she didn't seem to care about that.

"No I'm saying this because it's how I truly feel." Were her words as she stared at with him intense hate. "If anything, you should of kept Kela and just left me alone that night we met...with a life like yours, that's the woman you deserve, not me."

Her words were growing more hurtful by the second, True could feel himself flinching after every sentence.

It wasn't that she actually meant the things she was saying. Her last relationship was with an manipulative abuser and unfortunately it left her with toxic communication habits. She didn't know how to talk things out through love. When her and Jaylen talked things out, she was forced to find the most hurtful things to say and now she was using that same tactic on True.

"Next time, please knock before you come in. I wanna make sure I never run into you again." Was all she said before she turned and continued down the hall, leaving True right where he stood.

He could of chased her, but he didn't. The things she had said made him feel like he was undeserving of Essence though he had did the most for her. Hearing those words from someone that True deeply cared about, possibly even loved, left him with a heavy devastated heart.

A feeling he knew too well but hadn't felt in years.

_______________________

Damnnn since y'all begged, I brought Rico back from the dead. His zombie ass😒🤣 are y'all happy?

I'm just playing😂 I really just wanted to scare y'all a lil. I definitely didn't plan on keeping him dead anyways. I could neverrr do that so we gone have to go with the cliché Wattpad coma🫡

Somebody said he better have a miracle like 50 cent, that really got me fr😂😂😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

777K 32.1K 50
𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐭? 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨...
7.9K 323 24
𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐈'𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 '𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫...
189K 9.5K 25
Dɪssᴏᴄɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ- ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏғ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜɪᴛʏ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs, sᴜʀʀᴏᴜɴᴅɪɴɢs, ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴs, ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴅᴇɴᴛɪᴛʏ. -𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭-