𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑�...

By Kawaii_Vanilla_Bean

─── 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐲𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞, 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝... More

「𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐞」
「𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭」
「𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞」
| 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈 |
𝟏 | 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬
𝟐 | 𝐆𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦
𝟑 | 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝟒 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞
𝟓 | 𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝟔 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟕 | 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟖 | 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝟗 | 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭
𝟏𝟎 | 𝐀 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐫
𝟏𝟏 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐚
𝟏𝟐 | 𝐕𝐮𝐥𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲
𝟏𝟑 | 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝟏𝟒 | 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝟏𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧
𝟏𝟔 | 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐕𝐨𝐢𝐝
𝟏𝟕 | 𝐀 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟏𝟖 | 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐈𝐧 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝟏𝟗 | 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐲 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬
| 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈 |
𝟐𝟎 | 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞
𝟐𝟏 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡
𝟐𝟐 | 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡
𝟐𝟑 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐜𝐡
𝟐𝟒 | 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐀𝐭 𝐀 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐭
𝟐𝟓 | 𝐄𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫
𝟐𝟔 | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧
𝟐𝟕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞
𝟐𝟖 | 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝟐𝟗 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧
𝟑𝟎 | 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐀𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟑𝟏 | 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬
𝟑𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭
𝟑𝟑 | 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐱𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬
𝟑𝟒 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝟓𝟕𝐭𝐡 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟑𝟓 | 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬
𝟑𝟔 | 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟑𝟕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧
𝟑𝟖 | 𝐒𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞
𝟑𝟗 | 𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬
𝟒𝟎 | 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐭
𝟒𝟏 | 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞
| 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈 |
𝟒𝟐 | 𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬
𝟒𝟑 | 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐔𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝
𝟒𝟒 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 & 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟒𝟓 | 𝐔𝐭𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞
𝟒𝟔 | 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫
𝟒𝟕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 & 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐥
𝟒𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐈𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭
𝟒𝟗 | 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝
𝟓𝟎 | 𝐀𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟓𝟏 | 𝐃𝐮𝐬𝐤 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝟓𝟐 | 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥
𝟓𝟑 | 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭
𝟓𝟒 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟓𝟓 | 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐣𝐢'𝐬 𝐇𝐲𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐬
𝟓𝟔 | 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐕
𝟓𝟕 | 𝐅𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐧 𝐀𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝
𝟓𝟖 | 𝐇𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚'𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲
𝟓𝟗 | 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝟔𝟎 | 𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟔𝟏 | 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐆𝐫𝐮𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐭
𝟔𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐡
𝟔𝟑| 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩
𝟔𝟒 | 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟔𝟓 | 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐰 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐞
𝟔𝟔 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧'𝐬
𝟔𝟕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐡
𝟔𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲
𝟔𝟗 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐨𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐬𝐬
𝟳𝟬 | 𝐀𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧
𝟳𝟭 | 𝐀 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝟳𝟮 | 𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐥 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚!
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐕
𝟕𝟑 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐘𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐢 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐧
𝟕𝟒 | 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬
𝟕𝟓 | 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝟕𝟔 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐞 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐁𝐲 𝐋𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲
𝟕𝟕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐝-𝐎𝐟𝐟
𝟕𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬
𝟕𝟗 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐧
𝟖𝟎 | 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧
𝟖𝟏 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐧
𝟖𝟏.𝟓 | 𝐑𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐧
𝟖𝟐 | 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟖𝟑 | 𝐀 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟖𝟒 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡
𝟖𝟓 | 𝐏𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬
𝟖𝟔 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟖𝟕 | 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝟖𝟖 | 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐚
𝟖𝟗| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟗𝟎 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟗𝟏 | 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐳𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐧
𝟗𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲
𝟗𝟑 | 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐲
𝟗𝟒 | 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐀 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝟗𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐎𝐧 𝐋𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨

𝟕𝟑.𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

407 17 5
By Kawaii_Vanilla_Bean

*

NEXT DAY

Katsumi lulled her daughter to sleep, as the six month old slowly began to fall asleep. Patting her back gently, Katsumi's heart was clenched tightly as if guilt and fear was closing in on herself. She didn't know what to do, nor how to step up to her own father. Knowing how the military has reduced, they needed the leverage.

Inheriting a titan was the only way, for the Yamasaki's freedom.

However Katsumi was against the whole idea, and was thinking of discussing some of the matters with their allied forces. The Azumabito clan. Another clan, that was divided with the Shogun clan. Both the Yamasaki and the Azumbito clan's were branched out, and even another clan which were Oriental.

Katsumi shook her with such a suggestion, not even sure they're willing to aid them. They were held against their own will, so they were bound to only fate.

"What's that look?"

His voice startles her for a moment while quietly nursing her daughter, as her husband sits on the soft cushion beside her. He adjusts his cloak, hair slightly tousled and fatigued from his errands and responsibilities. Though he was only the son-in-law of the chief, he still continued aiding the restorationists in surpassing Marley.

Both the Chief and Erich had the same goal, but wanted to plan their own paths.

"Nothing, just........thinking," She sighed, her eyes trained thoughtfully against the small tea table in front of the two. Her warm tea rested before her, but she was more dazed than before. Her hold on her child tightens, her heart beast heavier than before.

The two were forced into an arranged marriage, but Erich truly did love her. That's how they came to agreements, connecting ties to the subjects of Ymir.

Although their relationship was rocky, her husband did have his moments of his short temper and then switching up quickly, to more concern. She was only married to him not long, but she still tried her best to be a good wife. Given the circumstances, the two tried to compromise and soon came to agreements to ease the peace between both family and political matters.

"Thinking? Did the Chief lecture you again?" He assumed, already reading her face. His hazel eyes studied her pale complexion, her jaw clenched, her azure eyes focused to nothing and her hands were slightly shaking. He leans back against one arm, as the twenty year old rolls his eyes. "Seriously, you need to step up if you're gonna be the next heir to th--"

"You don't understand," She muttered her shaky breath, lips slightly quivering. Tucking Akira in her arms protectively, her head lowers to glance down to her child. "I have no choice, and he is my father....."

"Tch, that old man," He cursed under his breath, a sneer curling at the corner of his lips. "Just accept it dammit, anyway....got news.........a new member has joined the Restorationists...."

The sudden change of the topic, took the sudden weight from Katsumi's mind.

"A new member? Why so specific, don't you always get a few new members?" She asked, while gently rocking Akira.

He seemed troubled by the newest member, by the way his frown was more rigid and focused so piercingly.

"Grisha Yeager, I've heard about him from a few years back," he informed her, as if he knew him before their marriage. "Today, he decided to set some strategies and hope that we will accomplish such foolishness......"

"Foolishness? Aren't we already planning such a thing, ourselves?" She questioned, assuming her father and the Restorationists were on equal sides when it came to who their real enemy was.

Shaking his head, he tugs at his collar to loosen the tie.

"I don't understand his beliefs or what's going on in his mind, but.....at least we hold the same goal I guess," He muttered, incoherently. His eyes drift to meet his wife's, softening at how beautiful she is. Though he was harsh and at times a jerk, he did really admire how lucky he was to marry such a fine woman. "Yeager seems to also be taking over as the second of the damn cult, it seems I'm proved to nothing."

A warm hand rests upon his shoulder, before he rests his own on top of hers.

"Don't get yourself too tangled with their problems," She said firmly, his eyes trailing up to meet her soft concern eyes. "One way or another, Marley's public security will discover the group and kill you on the spot.."

"What's the difference with the Chief's plan, hmm?" He retorted, knowing either of the future plans would be a hoax. "We're cornered, and I'm at the end of ropes here.........I'm also trying to figure the life I want for my family as well, you know...."

A heavy discontented sigh drifts from him, his temple creases with frustration as he runs his fingers through his brown tufts of hair.

"......I wanted a son, so he could properly take care of this clan...." He spoke up, more smoothly and calmly. "....your brother is beyond reach for help, and I've grown closer to your family than my own deceased family......what's more, I pledge my loyalty to your father and clan."

Those words were rare to hear from him, and it even surprised Katsumi. Despite their relationship being rocky in some areas, he did have a heart for others. Sought of.

"Can't you accept our daughter?" She asked quietly. "She's done nothing wrong....and it hurts me to know my own husband hates his own child...."

Erich was conflicted with his intrusive thoughts, knowing he was disappointed in his child already. He didn't understand why, but it was like he never wanted her except a boy. He wanted a strong child to bring peace and become the heir to the clan, to lead them to a better future and life.

Clearly he himself wasn't fit to be the leader, as he was no more than a coward.

"........"

"Nothing to say?" She scoffed lightly, clearly not impressed by no more than a reason she was to be born a specific gender. "Also..........father wishes for us to bear more children......"

"Huh?"

He abruptly snapped his head in her direction, but noticed the pained expression contorting her flawless face. Does this trouble her?

"You look troubled of the idea," He observed, shifting closer as his face softened. Reaching over he tucks a loose strand behind her ear delicately, before lifting her to chin make her look at him. "What did he say to you?"

Her lips pursed together, already feeling helpless at her current role in her family.

His eyes concernedly search in hers, wanting to understand her more. Soon, she begins to explain everything and venting to him, as if it's been eternity since she's managed to have a proper talk with her husband. She longed for a moment like this, as adults and to take their positions seriously. Finally getting everything across to him, recalling her talk with her father, an enraged expression slowly settled on his face.

"So.......you're saying........he except us to...." he tried to understand, clearly not liking it himself. "I know I dislike my daughter, but this.....? This is too much for her, what does he expect from us? also that's why...........they asked me to......."

"Marry me........yes," Katsumi nodded, hearing her daughter coo in her sleep. Her attention drifts down to her daughter, but slowly the thought of Paradis Island came into mind. The thought of escaping sounded so foreign to her, but it was slowly coming to that option if she wanted her daughter to survive.

To stop something, their family might regret in the future.

"Maybe............we should escape," She murmured to herself, but her husband seemed to hear her clearly enough. A dry scoff pasts him, before he sits up more properly and pours himself a tea.

"You know that would be a dream," He stated, implying that it wasn't worth it. "Death would come after us, even just considering the idea.........just accept it."

"Then how can you accept such violations to our family?" She rhetorically said, lowering her tone. "Our code of conduct, was set with more greater morals.........I know father's madness has come from the beginning of our fall....but we must....we are trying.....I..."

She was losing ideas, frantically trying to find a good reason to escape. To convince her husband at least, so it wouldn't be one sided.

A heavy discontented sigh drifts past the man's lips, while his eyes close for a moment.

She waited patiently while gently rocking Akira to sleep, her eyes waiting desperately for his answer whether they should or not. Though it was reckless thought, he too himself was thinking of escaping. One, the restorationists is almost at the brink of being uncovered by the public marleyan security, which will lead to a fateful death, which will trail back to the clan's existence being wiped out.

"Fine....."

Her head lifts up in surprise, hearing something she never thought the two could agree on.

"......we must try and plan out thoroughly, if this is gonna work," He continued on, focused already on coming up with a plan to escape. He pauses for a moment, turning to her. "What about your mother? She's been good to you, so....?"

Katsumi knew this will mean a betrayal, and that will dishonour the name of her clan.

".......I don't know...."

The thought tormented her feeling her stomach churn, her body tensing at the sick feeling that was preventing her from taking action. Her hands were shaking slightly, but soon a moment of weakness was washed away with determination surfacing.

*

A WEEK LATER

Katsumi had put Akira to bed again leaving her asleep, as her husband had fallen asleep. Late at night the compound was dead quiet, only with their soldiers talking quietly whilst on guard.

Katsumi's stomach churns, while her steps drew closer to her mother's chambers.

Her breath grew shallow while calmly approaching the room, before finally knocking against the fusuma door. The warm light glows behind the thin paper door, that she could hear her mother approaching.

Once the doors open she was met with her mothers, as she smiled warmly.

"My dear, it's late," Azami whispered, while caressing her daughter's hair to the side delicately. However she notices something off, before realising the distant expression Katsumi wore.

Stepping to the side, she offers for her to come in quietly before glancing around, before closing the doors to be less suspicious.

"I think I may know what this is about," Azami spoke up, causing her daughter to tense up. Frightened at the thought she might be caught, her mother seemed more calmer than usual.

"I'm sorry,"

Azami's furrowed her eyebrows together, kneeling down upon the soft cushion before her. She meets her eye to eye, as Katsumi lowers her head with respect.

"What on earth for?" she questioned, light heartedly. Katsumi's eyes were glassy with tears brimming to the surface, while her lips purse tightly.

She then bows placing her hands on the ground, and rests her temple against the floor.

"What I'm about to do, will bring myself dishonour to our clan," The young teen spoke shakily, but swallows her fear and raises her head with determination. The painful expression brought anguish to her mother, except Azumi knew she couldn't stop her.

Her jaw clenched firmly, lowering her voice.

"I'm running away,"

Those few words drew no reaction from her mother, only a small gentle smile of acceptance.

Katsumi wait's for her to snap, or to even lay a hand on her.

Yet, warm arms embrace her closely, feeling her body tense in response. The tears that welled up, continue to build while her fingers became nimble. She was surprised, but she didn't know how to react.

"Protect my grandaughter, from all this," Azami whispered, her voice breaking at the end. "I wish I've given you a better life than this...........but if your husband and yourself can find a way to escape, I won't stop you."

Within seconds the tears overflowed and cascaded down, as a small sob escapes her lips.

She buried her face into her mother's shoulder, her arms and body trembling in her embrace. She didn't want to let go, nor did she want to leave her own mother behind. What she was about to do, meant she won't be able to see her anymore. The sinking and dreading fear, has finally come, but her love for her daughter was greater.

"If you have to go, I want you to know.......it's okay," Azami whispered, quietly tearing up. She pulled away to cradle her daughter's cheeks, her thumbs wiping away the tears. "You've become a strong woman, standing up and taking whatever your father brought upon you......so I thank you for hanging in there."

"Mother....."

"Thank you for making me a mother," she pecked her nose, sweetly tucking a lock of hair behind her daughter's ear. "Thank you for giving me a purpose, in living in these dreadful times. Thank you, for allowing me to learn what it really mean's to be a woman..........so make your own rules, and live a life you can be proud of......."

Katsumi nodded with a sniffle, as her tear-stained cheeks grew red and blotchy.

"I will........."

Azumi leaned forward and rested her temple against her daughter's, as they both closed their eyes with a deep sigh.

"I will always be with you," Azumi whispered. "Whether under the sun in the day, or under the moon in the night.........you're not alone, 'kay?"

"Thank you,"

*

The sound of siren's blare, piercing the air with an alarming loud volume that caused many Marleyan soldiers to rush around in a panic. Spotlights were drifting around across the waters edge, as the waves crash against the docks and the ledge of the bricked walls.

Boats swayed side to side, as the deafening sound of the crashing waves mused with the sirens.

Katsumi runs through the dark alleyways, with her husband ahead to check the perimetre ahead. Her daughter tucked in her arms, she covers the blanket over her child from the cold.

She panted heavily while holding onto her daughter, as her life depended on it.

Her eyes darting around quickly, keeping her guard up while maintaining her course to the boat at the docks. The bright spotlights drifts side to side, keeping her head beneath the darkness. Her breathe grew dry, finding it difficult to breath while trying to remain calm and steady.

A light shone in the direction where she was gonna step out, before ducking behind the rough brick wall behind.

She sweats nervously while eyeing the light that slowly drifted away, signalling for her to continue on. Her heart was pounding heavily against her chest, she was afraid someone could hear it. Suddenly distant cries and yells begin to reach her ears, which sent her pulse to spike up. Fighting the urge to hold back, she bursts forth running past the risky area.

The smell of gunpowder fills the air, grimacing at the stench.

The heavy early morning fog rests upon the heavy waves, seeing her husband in view. It became difficult for her to see, and the marleyan soldiers were drawing nearer and nearer. Swiftly Katsumi makes it closer as she skids across the gravel stones, holding her daughter closely with one arm firmly.

Swiftly she reaches the boat, when a blinding light locks on the boat around the three.

Katsumi and Erich shielded their eyes from the blaring light, before hearing the sound of rifles locking and loading not far from them. A line of Marleyan's all hastily aimed their rifles at the couple, causing Katsumi's blood to boil in frustration. Placing her child safely, tucked away in the boat from their aim,

Her anger alone was far beyond a man's rage, that frightens others.

The waves crashed against their small boat, causing their feet to stumble a bit. Suddenly a deafening shot was released, the sound causes her ears to ring continuously. Something sharp grazes past her cheek, as her head was jolted to the side. A short gasp leaves her lips, feeling the ringing was like knives stabbing into her own eardrums.

Eyes widen in horror and teeth grinding together, she snaps her head in their direction. 

Within moments she swiftly grabs the rifle they stole from their home, and loaded the barrel with ease. Her hands shook for a moment, but remembered why she was doing all of this. For the future of her child, and to leave the confines of Marley behind.

Locking onto the men, it was only one against many.

Unfair it was, she had no other choice.

Shifting her feet she closes one eye, aiming the muzzle and index resting upon the trigger steadily. The wind pounds against her ears, while the boat sways beneath her feet as they were taking off, as if to knock her off course. Without hesitation she takes the shot, as the bullet sinks into the temple of a soldier seeing his body fall in seconds. She adjusts the barrel again and took another shot again, turning another soldier's brain matter into a bloody mess.

The boat was slowly drifting out to sea, as Erich started it a few moments ago.

At a safer range now she could still hear multiple shots being fired at her and the boat, but they were too late. Lowering her weapon steadily, her breath grew shallow and her relief washes over. Silence falls between the two, as she carefully places the rifle on safety before nestling it down to the side.

Her eyes rest upon the docks metres ahead from danger, "Do you know where Paradis Island is?" 

He pinched the bridge of his nose, seething through his teeth.

"Yes.....I just found the coordinates earlier," He snapped back, anger boiling in his voice. "Shit, that was too slow."

She furrowed her eyebrows, while adjusting the rifle to the side.

"What is your problem?" She whispered harshly, trying to not wake her sleeping child. "Either way, the restorationists were gonna be killed.....you included....so stop being so....." she is frustrated enough, she couldn't find the word she was thinking of. He suddenly slams his fists against the beam, that supported the roof above the two vehemently.

She flinched slightly, as her jaw clenched firmly trying to remain calm.

"I'm not being damn selfish, if that is what you're thinking!" He snapped angrily, as she swallowed thickly. "You're the one being selfish, dragging ourselves to an island that probably won't accept us! Heck, we're already an enemy to all!!!!!"

Shaking her head, her hands balled into fists tightly til they whiten. 

She lowered her tone, "Please be.........be quiet, yell at me when our daughter isn't with us," she muttered, not wanting this seven day argument to continue. "I'm tired, okay."

Bending down she lifted her child in her arms carefully, tucking her into the curve of her arm while tapping her. Peacefully asleep, she was just relieved they made it without losing a life. 

"What did you say?! I can yell whenever I want, and she's a child!" he raised his voice, continuing the argument. Her eyes dangerously glare into his, the exhaustion was surfacing with anger and frustration through them, that even her own hands were shaking.

"Our marriage was arranged, you should know that," She spoke darkly, trying to remind him again while his eyes widen. Her tone grew colder, "If you want your life to be spared, I suggest lowering your damn tone.....I can't risk our child....in becoming a monster......so don't you dare yell--!!!!!"

He sent a sharp slap to the cheek, causing the pain to inflict a stinging sensation to warmly surface the skin.

Her eyes widen in horror experiencing now, the first time he's laid a hand upon her. Regret washes over him the moment he sees the pain in his eyes, but he averts his gaze so she see his guilt. It was all in the moment, but he was afraid to admit he was wrong.

Katsumi walks to the other side of the boat, and holds her child closely. 

Her breath grew shaky while trying to not let her tears fall, that painfully sting the corners of her eyes. Her chest felt heavier, the more she dwelled on their accomplished escape.

Her mother knew, but granted permission to leave willingly.

However she knew the consequences if they found out that her mother helped, as fear consumed her more and more. She didn't know what they would do to her, or what the Marleyan Government would do. Although she knew that the Commander Reinhardt of the Eldian unit, would bring pain to the clan.

'I'm sorry, everyone' Katsumi closes her eyes, wanting nothing but for the pain and guilt to stop.

--------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 1K 19
Cursed with a troubled past that was forgotten, (f/n) (l/n) thought she lived a normal life, a life everyone had to live through. A life where they w...
209K 5.4K 49
For (Y/n) (L/n), enlisting in the Scouts was a last resort to escape her twisted father and the years of abuse that were part of her "training." But...
722 18 5
Time doesn't wait for many. And this comes true for a young man named Eren Yeager. Mind stuck on a goal to become a gang leader ever since his high s...
7.9K 282 46
the daughter of a dying bloodline and humanity's strongest soldier find themselves entangled in a web of emotions they never expected to feel. but as...