Classroom of the Elite x Your...

LynnRaynare tarafından

Two Geniuses born in completely different situations meet at a spark of the multiverse. Medea Solon, the main... Daha Fazla

Ch. 1.1 - The Big Bang
Ch. 1.2 - Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Ch. 1.3 - Medea Solon
Ch. 2.1 - The First Spark
Ch. 2.2 - The Strongest Link
Ch. 2.3 - Strings of Fate
Ch. 2.4.1 - Destiny Ignited I
Ch. 2.4.2 - Destiny Ignited II
Ch. 3.1 - Opening Curtains
Ch. 3.2 - The Queen of All Trades
Ch. 3.3 - A Warrior's Choice
Ch. 3.5 - False Piece
Ch. 4.1 - Morning Dilemma
Ch. 4.2 - The Human Benchmark
Ch. 4.3 - A Step Into The Spotlight
Ch. 4.4 - Challenging The System
Ch. 4.5 - Unveiling The Shadows
Ch. 4.6 - Zero Hour I
Ch. 5.1 - Picking Up Pace
Ch. 5.2 - Dead Air
Ch. 5.3 - Trying Out

Ch. 3.4 - Soft-boiled Egg

1.1K 75 7
LynnRaynare tarafından

"We did it, Medea-sama," Suzune subtlely cheers from somewhere.

I was walking out of the school building with a clean victory and contract under my arsenal. Due to our nature of sharing a body, Suzune being able to talk to me as long as I was reflected by anything proved to be overpowered against people who did not know better.

"I was nervous while you were putting on the blindfold," Suzune added. "I had an aching feeling that things were about to turn in the wrong direction."

"You had no reason to since we already ensured it would work beforehand. That unhealthy anxiety might come to destroy you someday."

"It's not a habit. Every part of me was on the line. It'd be more unusual if I didn't feel nervous."

"No. Those crucial moments in life are when you are not supposed to feel anything that would hinder your performance. If you were to make a mistake because you were nervous, and inevitably cost you something valuable, you would regret ever feeling anxious, would you not?"

"Yes. But that's easier said than done."

I scoffed, "Then you have a long way to go, Suzune. Anyways, where are you even seeing me from?"

"I'm using the security cameras," she replied. "It's weird being able to talk to you like this."

"Hmm...I see. We should get something that would allow you to talk to me no matter the situation. In that way, even if things start to go wrong, you can warn me immediately."

"Are we going to use the same trick on Sudou-kun?"

"Of course not. That little game we did with Ike and Yamauchi would most likely only work on them."

As long as the opposing party understands that it is impossible for me to win under all those conditions, they would inevitably zero in on the fact that I would undeniably cheat. The camera was our lifeline. However, it also stands out too much. A simple rule like, I have to guess before they show their cards, would immediately turn all the odds against me.

Their biggest mistake was allowing me to make the rules without any repercussions. If they had protested a bit, I might not have had such a clean victory.

That said, it is no longer a matter we need to worry about. Our next stop is the sports annex facilities. It is getting late but club practices should still be going on at this time.

That raises a question.

"Suzune, why are you not in any clubs?"

"Huh? Clubs?" Suzune seemed repulsed. "They seemed to be a waste of time."

I was just as appalled by what she said.

"How can you call a place of learning and gathering experience a waste of time? You truly have a long way to go. Not to mention that you did not even know about class points at the time of the fair. You should have thought about it better."

Suzune stayed silent, most likely evaluating her thoughts. We can just decide which club to join later.

I continued walking towards the sports annex. As I arrived, a security guard inquired about my visit. After mentioning the basketball club and that I was interested in joining, he gave me directions and let me pass. He told me that the girls' gymnasium was just one hallway away from the boys'. Obviously, that was not where I was going.

Soon enough, I was nearing the entrance where the boys' basketball club activities supposedly took place. In front of me was a closed sizeable double door. Light peeked through the cracks. The sound of sneakers squeaking echoed from inside the gymnasium. The eerie noises were followed by continuous thuds against the floor and loud declarative voices.

Even though I had zero experience in the sport, I could immediately tell that whatever club resided behind these two doors had to be the basketball club.

As I pushed the double door, bright lights struck my eyes, briefly encouraging me to squint and look down. The squeaks, thuds, and voices gradually got louder.

"Medea-sama...," Suzune uttered.

Curious eyes gathered in my direction. Confused upperclassmen looked at me from the side. The only ones unfazed by the appearance of some random girl were the people inside the court.

I took the time to stare at the ongoing match. I focused more on the movements of the players.

Sweat dripped down their incredibly built bodies. Muscles showed from their forearms, triceps, and shoulders down to their legs and calves.

What great intricate figures, I thought. They were fine art. Those muscles are like badges of honor—obtained through hard work and perseverance.

A realization hit me of how complex a sport basketball truly was. Perhaps I was slowly uncovering the reasons why Sudou liked the sport so much.

I narrowed in on the hothead in question. He wore laser-focused eyes all throughout his actions. He had excellent mind-to-body coordination. He pushed, blocked, and defended like a rock. However, when the table turns, he flows like a crashing river. When off the ball, he focuses more on his opponents, making sure he can respond to whatever tricks they try to pull.

It's amazing.

"Hey, miss? Can we help you?"

As I was watching the practice match unfold, a tall man appeared at my side. He wore a curious face and genuinely looked like my being here was a concern to him.

Suzune cut in, "I think I remember seeing him during the club fair."

That would make him the captain of the boys' basketball club then.

I nodded slightly as thanks to Suzune.

I turned to the captain, "Hello. Would it cause problems if I just watch?"

He looked even more confused, "Uhh...Not that we know of. I thought you were lost. The girls' gymnasium is just down the next hallway after all. Are you here for someone?"

"Yes. One of my classmates is on the court right now."

"Oh. Are you a second-year?"

"No, first-year."

"First-year? Then you're from Class D? Are you a friend of Sudou?"

"Yes."

A concerned Suzune cut in again, "Friend? We're not friends, Medea-sama. Why did you answer yes?"

This girl has so many questions, doesn't she? I hope she realizes that simply saying yes would be the most efficient way to direct all the problems out of my sight.

"I see! You should take a seat then."

"Thank you."

The captain took the seat next to mine. It might alarm some skeptics, but I can feel that he has no malicious intent.

He started a conversation as we watched the game.

"So, you're a friend of Sudou, huh? I thought you were a second-year when you mentioned that you had a classmate playing right now. Sudou's the only first-year still training at the moment, you see."

"Oh? Did the first-years lose interest or something?"

"No, not at all," he shook his head. "A first-year asked to take a break so he could focus on their midterms. When our club advisor and I agreed, the rest of the first-years excused themselves as well—except for Sudou."

"..."

"We told him it wouldn't hurt his merit within the club since he already plays really well, but he still insisted on coming for practice. Though I think he skipped out only once because of a study group, so I'm guessing his grades are also fine."

"Ah! I totally forgot to introduce myself," he said suddenly. "My name is Hasegawa Daisuke. I'm the captain of the boys' basketball team."

I guess Suzune remembered right. Though, I never had any doubts.

"My name is Horikita Suzune. Nice to meet you."

"Horikita?" Hasegawa raised his eyebrows. "Are you related to Horikita Manabu?"

I do not think revealing any info here would cause any harm. However, it would be more convenient if he had not asked that question. Suzune might ramble again. She always does when her older brother is mentioned.

Well, it would be convenient for me if I lied here. However, it would not do Suzune any good as a person. Seeing how she is still so naive, testing her pride here would be good.

"He is my older brother."

"Medea-sama!"

"Oh, so you are! That's interesting. He's done good things for us third-years, especially for the club. Even though we're from different classes, many other people and I can appreciate his work. In a school that takes things so seriously with all these rivalry and points stuff, his work allows us to be more loose and actually enjoy being a high school student."

He let out an awkward but genuine laugh.

I knew Horikita Manabu was a great man, but hearing the words of this student made me respect him more. He is not just someone who has his sister so fixated on him. He is fine art.

"Ah. I'm sorry for rambling when you're watching the game."

"Not at all," I let out a faint smile. "Hearing about my brother makes me glad."

He returned the sentiment with a grin.

The basketball club was more wholesome than I expected.

After a few more minutes, the practice match had ended. Sudou's team lost, but that does not mean he performed poorly. His seniors were just more assertive and more experienced. At the same time, if all Sudou did was dominate every game, there would be no room for growth. This was just right.

Sudou looked in my direction as he grabbed a water bottle, narrowing his eyes as if him making sure he was not hallucinating.

"You..!" he finally noticed me.

"Oh hey, Sudou!" Hasegawa made eye contact with him and decided to call out.

Sudou ran towards us with unsteady feet. My sudden appearance had definitely sent his rational mind into the outskirts of space.

"Horikita, what are you doing here?" he turned to Hasegawa immediately after. "Captain, do you know her?"

"I just met her just now. Horikita-san seemed to be waiting for you, so I kept her company while you played."

"Waiting?" Sudou tilted his head. "What? For me?"

That was not entirely accurate, but it works.

"Hasegawa-senpai!" called a club member from afar. "Coach is calling for you!"

"Oh. Well, I'll leave you two for a bit. It was nice meeting you, Horikita-san."

I waved slightly, "Likewise."

Soon after, Hasegawa ran towards a small group, leaving me with an incredibly bewildered Sudou.

"What are you planning, Horikita?" Sudou glared with doubtful eyes.

"Does visiting a classmate of mine have to constitute a plan?"

"Bullshit! You wouldn't be here if you didn't need something."

"Well, this visit is an exception then. I genuinely just wanted to understand why you like basketball so much."

"You expect me to believe that?"

"For now, sit down and cool your head," I patted the empty seat next to me.

"...Why would I do that?"

"Hear me out. I believe this would benefit the both of us the most."

He scoffed, "See? So you are just doing this for yourself."

"It would be a lie for me to say that I would not gain anything from this. And I do not want to lie to you, Sudou-kun. But believe me, this matter interests you as well."

He deliberated for a bit but eventually gave out.

"Fine...Make it quick."

"Thank you."

After careful attempts of persuading Sudou to listen to what I had to say, he finally took the seat I was offering.

"I heard every other first-year is taking a temporary leave from the club. Hasegawa-senpai told me. He seems to be a good person."

"Of course he is. But what are you even doing here?"

"As I said, I wanted to understand why you like basketball so much. It would be inappropriate of me to judge you based on things only I care about. Seeing you work so hard during practice opened my eyes. It would not be farfetched to say that people had the wrong impression of you."

"Why are you telling me this? I can't help but think you're only telling me words I want to hear because you want something."

"Well, that is because I do. Not just me—the entire class needs something. Would you believe it if I said that you are valuable to the class?"

"With the way you guys treat me, no. I don't give a damn about what you guys do anymore. I don't like studying. I only care about basketball."

"I see. I understand," I turned to him. "I have good news for you, Sudou-kun."

"Huh?"

"I hope I can trust you to keep a secret. You absolutely can not say this to anyone else."

"What is it? You're making me nervous..."

I stared into his anxious eyes with conviction.

"Sudou-kun, I will not let you be expelled. Regardless of what happens, I will ensure that you pass the midterms."

Silence gripped Sudou before he could form the right words to say.

"...Huh? Why do you sound so sure? Are you saying that you're going to help me study again? What makes you think I'll do that?"

"No," I replied, "I have no plans to tutor you if you are so unwilling to learn."

Sudou looked even more confused.

"Are you messing with me or something?"

"Not at all. I am just trying to ease your mind about the midterms. The chances of you failing are abysmal."

"I don't get what you're saying, Horikita. You're confusing the heck out of me."

"Well, only time will make you understand. For now, just note that as long as I am in the class, no one will be expelled."

"What did you do?"

"You will know soon," I said as I got off my seat. "Continue doing what you love, Sudou-kun."

"You don't have to tell me that."

"I see. You are right," I let out a faint laugh. "All you have to do now is to prove to everyone else how capable you are."

"..."

"Then, I'll see you next Monday."

As I left the gymnasium, a thought came barging into my head. The plan with Sudou did not go as smoothly as I had imagined. Truth be told, that guy has a soft spot. I will have to think about it again.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

9.7K 550 21
"I hate you. " "Stay alive.... Kiyotaka...For me..." "Nah, id win." Ayanokoji Kiyotaka was going to advance nurturing highschool, the number 1 pokemo...
3.1K 186 9
The "White Room" has been operational for years, yet it has only managed to produce one successful specimen so far. As a result, several sponsors who...
1.5K 76 3
Moriyama Midori, A girl who was born with nothing special about her, no special traits or anything. However what set her apart from others was that s...
121K 5.5K 69
Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, the masterpiece of the Whiteroom, an unchallenged existence in this world, with unfathomable abilities. is there finally an ind...