Impetuous// Loki Fan fiction

By itzlizzy_

"What now?" I look into his eyes and see how his anger quickly disappears and his expression is replaced with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 8

17 3 0
By itzlizzy_

As I'm walking up to the palace I feel my heart hammering.

I want to pummel Loki for making me show up as opposed to coming to fetch me or at the very least being here greeting me.

Loki has been promising to take me to the palace regardless of me telling him what I said that day he came to my home was only a joke. That I don't need to go there or meet anyone. That I understand but he insisted and today, unfortunately, happens to be that day.

When I meant meeting his friends or family I just wanted to know it was coming. Maybe know their names by now such as his brother Thor but I wasn't expecting a full-on tour of the palace.

I suppose I can't deny although I'm very nervous, I'm also very glad and joyful that he's willing to bring me here. I'm pretty sure as soon as I step up to the doors I'm going to be shunned and banned though.

As I walk up I can already see the guards looking at me and back at each other.

"Just relax. Act normal," I whisper to myself.

Just as I'm about to walk up to one of the guards Loki appears in front of me and scares the life out of me.

"Good god," I say placing a hand on my chest as he smiles down at me feeling satisfied.

"I saw you from my room. Thought I'd make walking in a little easier," he says grabbing my hand before pulling me along.

The guards stare at us but don't object to me passing through.

As soon as we walk in my mouth falls open in awe.

The place is as huge as one would expect. Everything looks to be made of marble and gold. From the walls to the designs on the long stairway heading to the higher grounds.

It's pretty empty as we walk further in. I keep looking everywhere with caution.

Afraid to catch sight of the King.

I finally look back at Loki who's just watching me with a smile.

"I don't believe I've ever seen you look so ridiculous before," he says making me glare and pull my hand from his grasp.

"Thank you," I say flatly while he simply chuckles in amusement.

"You just-you look funny."

"How so?" I ask not looking at him.

I'm looking around as he takes us to a different part of the palace of which I know nothing about.

"You look like a child. So enthralled it's quite amusing to witness."

I turn to him and can't help but smile back.

"Well, this place...is quite amazing."

I feel him shrug as if to say 'It's nothing'.

"Now, where are you taking me?"

"I thought I could find Thor around here so you can meet him but heaven knows where he is," he says looking around and down the long hall.

"What?!" I ask nervously causing him to look at me puzzled.

"What? Is that not what we discussed?"

"Well, I- I just thought I'd get a tour and then you'd teleport me out of here."

His face twists in confusion and he looks at me in disbelief.

"Let me get this straight. You make a whole commotion and get angry at me for not introducing anyone of my friends or family to you and now that I plan to, you don't want to?"

I sigh staying quiet because the way he puts it makes me sound infuriating.

"I'm sorry I just...I don't want them to judge me. Or you. Perhaps I got in over my head," I say picking at my hands.

He grabs them and lifts them up to our faces as he steps closer before he smiles.

"Thor is quite possibly the last person who would judge you."

I sigh in relief.

"Now, I can't promise everyone you meet will like you as I'm sure you're well aware of. However, I do promise no bad doings will come your way. Not while I'm by your side."

"Thank you," I say with a soft smile making him drop my hands.

"Besides," he continues as we start walking even farther down the hall before we hit what looks to be the dining room. "No one will bother you once they know you're with me. They wouldn't dream of it," he says with his signature smirk.

I smile back and take in the dining hall.

I could fit five of my homes in here alone.

They have a grand table in the center with a giant chandelier in the middle of it as well as other minor but equally as beautiful lights surrounding the dining area.

"You eat here?" I ask in shock yet again.

"Not particularly."

I turn to him confused.

"I prefer silence over bickering."

I look to him and take in what he said before deciding not to push on that subject just yet.

"You eat alone?"

He nods causally.

I shouldn't be surprised.

"I'm sure you know now, I don't bode well with others."

Before I could say another word we hear someone clear their throat.

We turn around and thankfully we see Thor standing in the flesh with his lesser heavy armor.

"Loki," he says with a little smile. "Who's this?" He asks smiling at me.

Although I'm grateful it wasn't his mother or much less his father I'm still shaking on the inside.

I've heard many a things of his brother. The great and powerful Thor. One of the many reasons I was shocked to hear Loki was the son of Odon. Since I haven't heard much of him besides his brother.

I knew the king had two sons but I never knew his name. Much less expected when he told me his name for it to be him.

"Brother! This is Sage. A good friend of mine. I'm showing her around the palace for the first time."

Thor smiles and walks up to us.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, lady Sage."

"Please, the pleasures all mine," I say with a soft smile causing Loki to roll his eyes.

"Say, I've never had my brother bring a friend much less a lady such as yourself. You must be very special to my brother," he says making me smile.

"Yes, we've established I have no friends. Now we must be getting on," Loki says grabbing my arm.

I know he's about to teleport away so I brace myself and say one final thing to Thor.

"Sorry," I mouth and he simply smiles and waves me off.

"It was nice meeting-"

I don't even get to finish my sentence before he takes us to a completely different room.

I grip his arm trying to regain my posture and not make a mess all over his floors as I feel the tiniest bit ill.

"You couldn't have let me finish speaking?"

"I thought I'd do you a favor. A quick introduction. I felt any more would make you uncomfortable."

"Oh well then you failed because I'm feeling somewhat uncomfortable right now; and sick."

"Here."

I look up to see him trying to hand me a glass of water.

I almost question where it came from as if all the times he's conjured random objects have completely and suddenly been erased from my mind.

"Thank you," I say taking it and drinking half of it before he makes it disappear.

I stand straight and after a moment, once the dizziness fades, I take in the view all around me.

We're in a library but not just any library. It's like nothing I've ever seen before.

There are endless bookshelves that go a longs way and practically reach the ceilings.

"Do you read?" He asks.

Something we've never talked much about. All we focus on is magic and at this moment I wonder if I've come to know who this boy truly is.

"No," I go shaking my head; veering around the room until I walk up to one of them and look through all the titles. "I assume you do," I say as I continue to look through them all.

Never getting to finish a title.
By the time I intend to, I'm onto the next.

"Very much."

I turn to him and he's just staring at me. Watching me inspect the books.

He looks away shamefully, almost as if he's been caught, and then clears his throat before walking along the library.

"When I'm not practicing my magic I just read."

"What do you like to read?" I ask following him as he seems to be the one looking for something now.

He shakes his head. "Everything. Anything."

I watch as he curiously inspects a book before placing it back as if it wasn't what he was searching for.

"Anything that provides knowledge or a good story," he says turning to me with a soft smile.

One would assume this is how he's learned his magic but I was already told by him that his mother teaches him.

Now knowing who she is, I'm well aware of how much he must've learned.

The queen is a very powerful sorceress, as far as I've heard. If she's the one who's been teaching him then there's no surprise that he knows so much.

"There are some books here that may be able to help you learn how to hone your abilities better. If you'd like to borrow them."

I quickly shake my head and he looks confused.

"I already have a great teacher," I say causing him to try his best to not smile.

"Besides. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I happen to lose it."

He rolls his eyes at me before turning to look around the whole room.

"You do realize we're surrounded by books," he goes throwing his arms up before looking back to me.

"I know," I retort. "Nonetheless I wouldn't feel comfortable taking something that does not belong to me. Especially if I lose it and especially when it's the king and queen's property."

He sighs and turns around to walk away.

I follow quickly before I get lost in this maze of books.

"I wouldn't say it's theirs. Hardly anyone ever comes in here. I'm mostly here by myself."

"Still."

"Still," he mocks me.

"Aggravating fool," I mumble quietly as I continue to walk forward absentmindedly looking at my feet for a moment until I bump into his chest.

"Fool?" he asks looking down at me with a slight tilt of his head.

I swallow at the way his eyes pierce into mine.

Just then he grabs my arm and teleports us elsewhere.

I'm not sure if he did something or if it's even possible but when we get to wherever we are I feel a whole lot sicker than any other time.

"That's for calling me a fool," he says casually as I nearly fall over.

He doesn't help me this time though. And I have to practically kneel with my eyes closed so the room can stop feeling as if it's spinning.

"Oh-I'm going to get you back for that," I say with a groan as I stay on the ground.

I hear him chuckle and feel his cold fingers touch my temple. Suddenly the sickness went away.
Completely.

I stay frozen for a good moment, confused until I turn and look at his satisfied smile. I stand up quickly and look at him still bewildered.

"How did you do that?"

"It's quite easy to control a weak mind," he states matter-of-factly.

"Are you calling me weak-minded?" I asked feeling offended.

He smirks.

"Don't worry. I'll teach you how to work your mind."

"Work my mind?" I asked confused.

As if I don't know how my own mind works...

I finally look around and notice the room I'm in. It's quite well kept aside from the scattered books on the table by the bed.

The bed.

"Are we in your room?"

He nods.

I wouldn't have thought he'd keep it so tidy. However it is and I can see even to the far right end of the room, he has a bookcase.

And to the far left are the windows he was talking about. That lead to a balcony and when I head towards I see a great view.

Not nearly as great as the balcony he took me to the first time when I wasn't aware of his true identity.

I wondered now if it was the king and queen's bedroom.

"You have the most amazing view," I tell him.

He doesn't respond.

I turn to him and see he's sitting on his bed. He tosses himself back and then a book appears above him floating in mid-air.

I look at him baffled.

"Is this seriously how you read?"

It disappears and he sits up.

"Sometimes."

I shake my head.

He looks at me for a good moment before waving me over.

I eye him suspiciously as I walk up to him.

He then pats the bed and I sigh sitting next to him.

He crosses his legs and I do the same facing him.

"What is it?"

"Close your eyes."

I contemplate his ask for a moment until he makes an impatient face.

I follow and I feel his cool hands on mine.

"Can you hear me?" I'm startled as I let go quickly and open my eyes.

He looks at me concerned.

"What?"

"What was that?" I question. "I heard you. In my head."

"Correct."

"How did you do that?"

"It takes a lot of focus and you must clear your mind, focus greatly or they must possess a weak hold on their mind."

I nod trying to follow.

"Lucky for me, I'm dealing with someone who has such," he says with a wide grin.

I smack him and he just takes it.

"Why haven't you done this before?"

He shrugs.

I do it back in disbelief. Mockingly.

"That's it? You don't know?"

"Small steps," he tells me.

I sigh in frustration.

"The mind is a complicated boundary to cross. I wish for you to learn the basics of conjuring, shape-shifting, and teleportation before."

I nod.

"The mind helps in many ways. I just wanted to give you a taste. However, before we even delve into that I want to teach you how to use your telekinetic powers properly and how to bring out your surges of energy properly."

I huff and fall back on the bed.

"This will take my whole life."

He lies beside me now. Looking to me.

"It's a great thing us Asgardians live a long life then," he counters with a smirk.

I look back at him and admire his determination. His optimism and I suddenly worry that I'll let him down.
That I'm already taking a long time in learning, maybe it's not for me.

"Loki, maybe we should just stop."

His face scrunches in confusion before he sits up instantly.

"What are you talking about?"

"Come on, I've barely mastered the art of conjuring and shapeshifting and it took me nearly a year. I'm just now learning how to use my telekinesis with you, It's going to take another lifetime for me to get even close to your knowledge of your own powers. Not to mention your STILL learning and practicing as well. There's probably much more we have yet to learn."

He sits and thinks for a bit before responding.

"You are right."

"Hm?"

"What I just did with my mind. How I entered yours. I've done it only a handful of times. I just started to learn the ways of maneuvering around it."

"Really?"

"Honest."

"Then why act as if you knew?"

He shrugged again and stopped midway as he saw my face.

"I suppose I wanted to try it with you."

"Hm."

"But don't you see? We are both still learning. You may be a couple steps behind but you'll get there."

"And how are you so sure."

"Because I know you, Sage."

I hear a serious tone in his voice. One I've never heard before and it hits my core deeply. Especially after the next thing he says.

"You can do anything."

I try my best to hide my smile before I shove him lightly.

"Alright then..enough with the sappy talk. Let's practice."

He smiles and holds out his hands. For more illusion casting I presume.

I pull back and shake my head.

"Uh-uh."

He looks confused.

"Teleportation."

He sighs and just nods.

I smile all giddy and accept his hands feeling the comfortable coldness of them.

"Clear your mind..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 3.2K 50
A slow burn fanfic. Marvel, Loki x reader Y/n = your name E/c= eye colour H/c= hair colour This is my first fanfic so please be nice ;) , construct...
76K 1.1K 46
𝗠𝘆 𝗹𝗲𝗴𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘄𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘀𝘁...𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗻𝗲𝗰𝗸. 🦾🦾🦾 A book full of smut, fl...
11.1K 353 35
Y/N was a 22 year old woman who just moved to New York City, and trying to live a normal life as a nurse in a hospital, despite being born with stran...
65.2K 1.5K 27
You are the newest, and youngest, member of the Avengers. You love being on the team, but it comes with its challenges. Almost every night you find y...