The Other-World Paradox

By MasaruAbatman

A soldier from an unknown dimension hits his head and forgets everything, ending up on a strange and unknown... More

Disclaimer:
Chapter I: Oh, Brotherland
Chapter II: The Invasion Part I
Chapter III: The Invasion Part II
Chapter IV: Goombas
Chapter V: Luigi's Mansion
Chapter VI: Kind of Monster
Chapter VII: Thank You, Mario!
Brotherland Races and Kingdoms I
Chapter VIII: Plomos
Chapter IX: Mario vs. Sonic
Chapter X: Smash
Chapter XI: Into Broland Part I
Chapter XII: Into Broland Part II
Chapter XIII: Hyrule
Paradox ~Nintendo Galaxy~
Chapter XIV: Slimes
Alpha Centaurians
Chapter XV: The Inkwell Isles
Chapter XVI: Subnautica
Chapter XVII: Terraria
Chapter XVIII: Second Earth
Chapter XIX: Mobius Part I
Chapter XX: Mobius Part II
Chapter XXI: Battle of Toad Town Part I
Chapter XXIII: Transgovs and Crime Bosses
Paradox ~Nintendo Galaxy 2~
Chapter XXIV: The Doctor
Chapter XXV: The Deep
AC Biology: Yoshis
Chapter XXVI: The Subnautican Insurrection
Chapter XXVII: A Hylia Day Special
Chapter XXVIII: He Pretends

Chapter XXII: Battle of Toad Town Part II

2 0 0
By MasaruAbatman

"The end!" smiled Helix.

"So... You have two people in your head and you just had a whacky sci-fi interplanetary adventure where you just fought against your stepfather in your boss fight?" asked Peach.

"Yep!" smiled Helix.

"May I speak with John?"

Helix's eyes roll and out came John. "What is it, Princess?"

"Huh... Alright. Piercing voice... So, as long as my father lives, the Mushroom Kingdom will be continuously occupied by the Koopas... Unless, of course, we have a change of leader..."

"You're suggesting we kill your father?"

"I'm suggesting I kill my father," said Peach.

"Whoa..." said Sonic. "H-H-Hold on... I don't condone murder."

"This isn't murder. This is a coup."

"That's even worse!"

"Well... I argue that my father? He's someone just as terrible as your world's evilest rulers," said Peach. "Besides, I'm asking you for me to kill him. Not you. All you have to do is save... my... Kingdom."

Sonic sighs and angrily stares at Peach. "Fine..." said Sonic. "My hands are clean from whatever you're gonna do."

"Uh... I would like to know what the plan is," said Lotus.

"The plan is to get the Toads to fight as our army."

"Helix, you people are our army."

"Then we find other soldiers..." smiled Helix.

"What do you mean 'other soldiers...?'"

The Goombas stare at the entire group as they prepare their spears.

"I'm sorry, you want us to do 'what?'"

"To act as our army!" smiled Helix.

"Against Bowser?" asked the Goomba Chief.

"Look... Lord-..."

"They call me the Goomboss."

"Lord Goomboss... Uh... Aren't you tired...?" asked Peach. "Aren't you tired of suffering from these Koopas capturing your people and taking advantage of you? Aren't you tired of how my father and my ancestors had taken advantage of you!? Well, I, Princess Peach, will promise to share our land with you if you help us fight my father and Emperor Bowser! SO...!!! WHO'S WITH ME!?!?"

They stay silent.

"For years..." said Goomboss. "...your people had stolen our resources. You have spent years causing us to live in constant Hell. What makes you any different?"

"The fact that I actually know what it's like to live in constant suffering, desperation, and fear!"

"You!?" yelled one. "You live in a castle!"

"Yeah!" yelled another. "You're practically a god to these people!"

"Yeah!" yelled yet another. "You're just like the rest of them!"

The Goombas start yelling at Peach but Goomboss raises his spear and they silence themselves.

"Trust me... I know what that feels like... to be in constant isolation and hiding..." said Peach, tearing up. "Because that's what it's like when I was living with my father... A man who never loved me... who... hated me because he claims that I caused my mother's death. And I want you to do to his government what I'll do to him. Kill it. Make it fall before your knees and avenge what they had stolen from you. Now... are you with me...?"

The Goombas look at each other and whisper to the Chief for a moment.

"We'll do it," said Goomboss.

"Anyone else?" smiled Daisy.

Meanwhile...

A ring portal opens and John lands before Steve and Alex.

"Hey..." smiled John.

"Oh..." said Steve. "Mr. Magellan!"

John smiles.

Meanwhile...

A ring portal opens and Mario meets Link and Zelda, who are cooking.

Meanwhile...

A ring portal opens and Sonic meets Bea.

Meanwhile...

A ring portal opens and Amy meets the King of Terraria.

Meanwhile...

Cuphead and Mugman walk out of a ring portal and meet and hug Elder Kettle.

"So...!" smiled Elder Kettle. "I see that the time of end is near!"

"What...?" asked Mugman.

"Pack your bags, boys!" smiled Elder Kettle. "The Smash Brothers are coming back!"

"'Smash Bruthas!?'" asked Cuphead and Mugman.

Later...

"Okay..." said John, as the entire group listened intently. "First course of action is to retake the capital. How can we do that? Easy. What is the one weakness of the Koopa Troopas?"

"What...?" asked Lotus.

"Their shells," said John. "If you find a weapon to destroy their shells."

"How...?" asked Peach. "Those shells are practically indestructible?"

"Steve?" smiled John.

Steve places a massive bucket that smokes the souls of the damned, which makes everyone back away.

"Ladies and gentlemen..." said John. "May I present to you... Wither... Dampens regeneration... Decays life... Destroys anything it touches..."

"Should we be breathing this in...?" asked Amy, covering her nose.

"P-Probably not..." said Helix, as Sonic, Amy, Mario, Luigi, Daisy, and Peach all faint. "Oops."

Later...

"Then what?"

"We enter Daisy's tunnels underneath the city... then rise to Castle and attack the Head of the Snake... three-eighths of our soldiers will enter from outside and attack the Koopas. Most of our soldiers, though, will enter the castle and the streets. Two-eighths in the streets and three-eighths in the castle. And from there, we conquer. Sonic and Amy will lead the ones outside as a diversion. By the way, Yoshi should be in the stables, so we should open them and free the yoshis."

"Then, what?"

"Us... We fight Bowser and Nectarine."

The next day...

Nectarine opens the door. "PEACH!!! FOR THE LAST TIME, I WANT YOU TO-!!!" He gasps. "Peach!?"

*DING!!! DING!!! DING!!! DING!!!*

Nectarine's eyes widen. "No... GUARDS!!!"

A Red-Shelled Koopa opens the door. "Yes, my Lord?"

"FORTIFY THE CITY!!! PLACE THE GREEN KOOPAS ABOVE THE WALL AND READY THE RED KOOPAS!!! FORTIFY THE CASTLE, AS WELL!!!" yelled Nectarine.

"Hello, Father..." said Peach, as Nectarine's eyes widen.

"What do you want, traitor?"

"Father... You're the traitor, here."

"I am ashamed of you."

"You can't be ashamed of ME!!! I... SHOULD BE ASHAMED... OF YOU!!!"

"Very well..." said Nectarine, taking out his umbrella. "Let it be, my foolish child." He prepares a stance. "FIGHT!!!"

Peach smiles and charges.

Meanwhile...

In the tunnels, Helix, Mario, Luigi, Daisy, Lotus, Cuphead, Mugman, Steve, Alex, Link, Zelda, Bea, Elder Kettle, and an army of Goombas, Terrarians, Tamed Broish Wolves, Iron Golems, and Hylians all stay in there with them, silently.

"Now?" asked Daisy.

"Shush! Not yet!" yelled Helix. "John says that we shouldn't yet."

"How about now?"

"No."

"Now?"

"Nope."

She waits for 5 seconds. "Now?"

"Ugh."

Meanwhile...

Trumpets can be heard outside.

"So...?" smiled Nectarine, shooting Bullet Bills at Peach as she blocks it with her forcefield. "That's your army, I see?"

"Oh, yeah..." smiled Peach, smugly.

"Very well..."

"Sir!" yelled one Koopa. "They're a bunch of... Goombas! With... With spears!"

Nectarine laughs. "SPEARS!?!? THAT'S THE BEST YOU'VE GOT!?!?"

Peach smiles.

"Ready..." said one Goomba, preparing several bows and arrows hiding within the forest in camouflage. "Aim... Fire..."

*THWAP!!!*

Several hundred arrows are shot from the distance.

"Whoa..." smiled one Koopa. "Pretty..."

"KOOPAS!!! HIDE IN YOUR SHELLS!!!" yelled one Koopa.

"Oh! Right!"

They all do, but suddenly, the arrows, with Wither Smoke leaving each arrowhead accurately kill every Koopa there as each arrow goes through their shells, making them and their shells poof.

"What!?" asked Nectarine, looking out the window. "What sorcery is this!?"

*BANG!!!*

Nectarine is shot in the leg as he screams in pain. He limps away and shoots thrice at Peach with his parasol, but she protects herself with her forcefield. He activates his forcefield and charges at her as they crash into the hallway and down two floors. Peach's field shatters as she crashes into the floor, crushed by Nectarine's forcefield and bleeding in pain. He bounces away and shoots at her as she blocks the Bullet Bill with her umbrella. Peach then charges and launches Bob-Ombs which destroy parts of the castle.

Several Koopa Troopas attack her, but she freely throws turnip grenades at them.

"EVERYONE TAKE COVER!!!" yelled one Koopa.

The turnip explodes and they crash into the wall and poof into dust.

Suddenly...

The Red Koopas climb to the wall.

"What the hell just happened!?" asked one Red-Shelled Koopa.

"I don't know... But we got a runner!" yelled another, seeing in cybernetic binoculars that Sonic is running around and Amy leads an army of Goombas.

"MEN!!! READY THE BARRISTAS!!!" yelled one Koopa. "Ready! Aim-!!!"

The Goomboss then says, "Now."

*THWAP!!!*

Most of the Red Koopas ducked instead and only some were killed.

"Sir!" yelled one. "They're shooting at us with Wither-Tipped Arrows!"

"Oh no! They've learned for once! SHOOT AT THE GOOMBAS!!!"

Sonic smiles.

*THWAP THWAP THWAP THWAP THWAPARARARARARARARARARARA-!!!*

Sonic blocks most of the arrows shot at the Goombas.

The remaining arrows were blocked via shields.

"Dang... FIRE AT THE HEDGEHOG!!!" yelled the leader, as they all shoot at Sonic.

However, Sonic begins to run up the wall.

"OH NO!!!" yelled one Koopa. "DON'T SHOOT!!! YOU'LL SHOOT THE OTHERS!!!"

"DON'T SHOOT!!!"

"DON'T SHOOT!!!"

"HEY!!! HOLD YOUR FIRE!!! HOLD YOUR FIRE!!!"

Meanwhile...

"Now?"

"No."

"Now?"

"Wait... Did you hear that?" asked Helix. "That was the third shot of the arrows..."

"So..." said Daisy. "Now?"

"Tomatario..." said Mario.

"Yes! NOW!!!" yelled Helix.

Suddenly, the manholes open and several Goombas with specialized Diamond Armor along with Hylians with Ancient Set Armor run into the streets and march away.

Meanwhile...

"Sir!" yelled one Koopa. "Take a look at this!"

Nectarine looks outside. "GRRR!!! SEND HALF THE KOOPAS IN THE CASTLE OUT INTO THE CITY!!!"

"SIR, YES, SIR!!!"

"AND CALL BOWSER!!!" yelled Nectarine.

Peach smiles as she kicks her parasol, which spins around her arm, and shoots at Nectarine over and over, which he once again blocks with his parasol's flaps. However... while the parasol was opened...

*BANG!!!*

*SPLAT!!!*

Peach suddenly falls to the ground, shot thrice in her thigh. "I can't... believe... you shot... me..."

"I can't believe you shot me either..." said Nectarine.

"I thought... that the family parasols... don't shoot... *gasp...* When they're open."

"Eh... I never made actual promises... You know that... right...? I mean you of all people should know that... Right...?" he sneered.

Meanwhile...

Helix shoots at the Koopas with Bouncing Bullets.

Mario blasts fireballs and flame blasts at the Koopas.

Luigi sucks up and shoots each of their shells with his Poltergust.

Daisy shoots Koopas with her rainbow gun in the head, and each time she does so, they screech psychotically and beat their heads on the ground.

"Why am I hitting myself!?" asked one Koopa, punching himself over and over. "Why am I hitting myself!? Why am I hitting myself!? Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Cuckoo!!!"

"Yeah, no... I'm just gonna end your misery..." said Daisy, taking out a flower shuriken and striking him in the head as he poofs away, leaving only a shell.

Steve, with his sword, cuts several Koopas down with his enchanted Diamond sword and blocks their own Bill Guns with his shield.

However, one Koopa destroys his shield with his ax, so Steve takes in several arrows shot by the Koopas.

Steve then grabs the Koopa by the neck and ground pounds him, making him dust away.

Steve then tackles another group of Koopas and throws his sword at their heads. He then summons an ax and cuts several of the Koopas to pieces.

As one Koopa stabs Steve, a pack of Broish Wolves led by a dog known as Bones appear and begin feasting on the Koopa. The Broish Wolves then charge and chase several Koopas as Steve points at them.

Alex, meanwhile, shot at the Koopas with her crossbow from an area unknown to them along with Lotus, who shot with her sniper rifle.

Link smiles, preparing his Master Sword. "Are you ready?" he smiled.

Zelda, wearing her Sheikah Stealth Set getup, prepares her classic stance. "I was born ready, my dear."

"Wouldn't this be against your entire code as a Hylian princess?"

"Bah! I'm just doing this for research, sweetie."

Link then cuts through several Koopas, blocking several swords and cutting them to pieces.

Zelda, meanwhile, throws several magical bombs at the Koopas, killing them.

Beatrix smiles while she uses a modified version of her vacpack that shoots energy blaster bolts at her enemies, killing them by dusting them to pieces.

Cuphead and Mugman, meanwhile, jump up several platforms and shoot and kill several Koopas by shooting their heads and jumping on them, proceeding to grab their shells and throw them at other Koopas.

In the streets, Iron Golems, Hylians, Goombas with Diamond Armor, and Tamed Broish Wolves all join together to attack the Koopas.

Even some of the Koopas' steeds, Goombas, leave their captor and attack them.

Suddenly, from inside the castle, several Terrarians appear and invade the Koopas there.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!" yelled the Terrarian King.

Meanwhile, the three Flickies smile as they enter the stables and see that all the yoshis there are locked up.

They work together as they pick the locks of all of their chains.

*CRASH!!!*

The Koopa patrolling the stables run away as several yoshis roar like dinosaurs and charge, eating several Koopas.

Yoshi then appears and pants happily, seeing the flickies and sniffing them.

The flickies tweet at him and Yoshi nods, following them to his master.

Those Koopas attacking him, however, are eaten by him as he lays egg bombs each time he devours one.

The eggs then somehow follow Yoshi like a train.

Yoshi then uses his tail to slap the eggs that cause small explosions upon impact.

He roars as the flickies all screech after.

"YOSHI!!!" he yelled in his classically adorable voice. "NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!" he yelled, feasting on another Koopa and eating it.

Suddenly...

Bowser's massive Airship is seen in the sky over the army as several more Koopas fall down from it.

And... a massive spinning spike-shelled Koopa falls with flames shot out from the holes of his shell, spinning down like a top and killing several of the Mushroom Kingdom's soldiers.

Out comes Bowser, who growls angrily as he comes out of his shell.

However, Mario slides on his feet in front of Mario.

"Hello, big Bowser," said Mario.

Bowser squints his eyes. "Hello... *sniff...* Mario..." He blows out flames from his nostrils.

Helix and Luigi stand behind him.

Mario smiles smugly. "Let's-a-go..." he said, fixing his cap.

Mario charges.

Helix shoots Insta-Kill Bullets at him.

Luigi shoots some shells at Bowser.

Bowser, however, blows all of their bullets away with an explosive firecracker-like flame breath.

Helix and Luigi take cover, but Mario jumps up and spins like a top, proceeding to land on his feet, sliding on each, and grabbing Bowser's tail.

Mario then begins spinning so hard that the entire ground shakes. "BAH-BYE BIG BOWSER!!!" Bowser is thrown into the sky as he crashes into his airship. He crashes into space and into a very small moon orbiting the planet.

Bowser begins choking because of the lack of an atmosphere.

He then angrily leaps out of the small moon and crashes back into the planet.

The trio see Bowser slowly descend from the sky.

"He's not slowing down!" yelled John.

Helix switches out and begins charging his Ring Gun with another Insta-Kill Bullet.

Bowser passes by his nearly destroyed Airship, currently blowing to pieces.

Mario prepares a massive fireball.

Luigi prepares his shell gun and finally injects the Wither into the shells with his Poltergust.

Bowser begins spinning like a top and prepares to ground-pound the trio.

"NOW!!!" yelled John.

Helix switches out and shoots at Bowser.

Mario blasts a massive solar beam at Bowser.

Luigi shoots his Wither Shells at Bowser.

*PEW!!!*

*BZZZZZZZZZZT!!!*

*CLUCK!!!*

*BOOOOOOOM!!!*

Bowser manages to tank all of that as he crashes on all three of them and causes a massive explosion.

The trio crashes several kilometers away and spread out. Luigi crashes into the forest.

Helix crashes and splatters onto the wall.

Mario crashes outside the city and into his house.

Bowser charges at such speed and grabs Mario's head, proceeding to scrape it into the house walls.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" yelled Mario, as Bowser growled and blasts flames at Mario that destroys his entire house.

Mario crashes down next to it as he shakes in pain. He looks at his house and tears up. His lips shake with sadness.

"Well!?" asked Bowser. "Years of you and I... trying to feign over MY throne! This CAPITAL!!! For years you've always been on my way and now I won't let YOU or ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS STOP ME!!!"

Mario frowns. "Neither will I."

"An unstoppable force vs. an immovable object. VERY WELL... MARIO!!!"

Bowser and Mario charge toward each other.

"HERE WE GOOOOOO!!!"

"BWAHAHAHAHA!!! ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOWR!!!"

Meanwhile...

Helix coughs blood as he regenerates and falls to the ground, shaking. "Boy, am I glad that I can heal broken bones! *COUGH!!!* I hate... everything... about this battle... *COUGH!!!*"

"Ugh! *COUGH!!!* God! I missed this... pain... Man... Does the battlefield make you feel like you're at home or what? OH GOD!!! NEVER SHOULD'VE SWITCHED OUT!!!" yelled John, pulling himself out of the Helix-shaped crater they're in.

"That joke's uncalled for..." said Helix, falling to the ground. "That was... also uncahahahalled for *COUGH!!!* AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" Helix stands right back up, shaking. "N-Now what...?"

"We keep... *COUGH!!! BLEAUGH!!!*"

*SPLAT!!!*

"F-F-Fighting..."

"You okay...?" asked Lotus through a Sheikah Slate.

"We're fine..." said John. "Is Nectarine dead yet?"

"Why Nectarine?"

"If he dies, Peach will take the throne and can break her contract with Bowser. And we'd be free... If he breaks the contract, he becomes an enemy of the entire Nintendo Galaxy. They'd have to retreat and leave the capital..."

"Help Peach, then..." said Lotus.

"O-Okay..." said Helix. "Let's do this..."

Helix opens a portal at the top of the castle and opens another underneath his feet, falling right on top of the roof as he slides to the edge, into the window, and down the hallway on the other side to see Peach and Nectarine panting in pain. However, Peach is about to get shot in the head by Nectarine.

"Uh! Sir...? The Human is over-!"

*BANG!!!*

The Koopa is shot in the head by Nectarine, falling to the ground, dead.

"That was... unnecessary..." said John.

"I don't care..." said Nectarine, taking out his parasol.

Helix stomps toward him and shoots several Insta-Kill Bullets at him that he blocks. Nectarine floats up and spin-kicks Helix in the face, making him drop his Ring Gun.

Helix holds up his fists and punches Nectarine over and over, only for Nectarine to grab his head and crash it into the ground, creating a massive crater.

"No one dares destroy my empire! What I'm doing is for the greater good of MY people! TO PRESERVE ITS LIFE!!! IF WE REMAIN AT ODDS WITH EACH OTHER, THE PAPERIANS WILL RETURN!!! THEY'LL KILL US ALL!!!"

Helix breaks the bones in his own arm and wraps it around Nectarine's neck, strangling him. "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!"

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?!?" asked Peach.

"I think I saw this in a movie once!" yelled Helix. "TRUST ME!!!"

"DEADPOOL WAS A MARVEL MOVIE!!! NOT A DOCUMENTARY, YOU THUNDERING IDIOT!!!" yelled John, switching out.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!"

Peach takes out her dagger and stabs both Nectarine and Helix in the chest.

Nectarine, shaking and shivering, falls to his knees, dying.

Peach stood over his dying body.

"You're... a... fool..." he said, softly.

"What really... happened to my mother, Nectarine?" asked Peach.

"Hmhmhmhm... Figure it... out..." smiled Nectarine, as he slowly dies.

Helix sighs in relief.

Meanwhile...

Mario and Bowser shiver as they face each other.

"TOMATARIO!!!" yelled Mario, preparing another blast.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-!!!"

"Bowser. Retreat the army. The Monarch of the Mushroom Kingdom had broken contract," spoke the Sheikah Slate.

"WHAAAAAAAAAT!?!?" asked Bowser.

Mario smiles, bleeding all over on the ground.

Bowser sighs. "Why... would Nectarine ever-..."

"He's dead..." said Kamek.

"What...?"

"His daughter killed him. We answer to her now..."

"Excuse me!?" asked Bowser.

"I said it, my son. RETREAT!!!"

Bowser frowns.

He turns to Mario as Mario smiles smugly.

Bowser then opens his mouth and roars at his face.

"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGH!!!"

Mario simply smiles the entire time.

Bowser growls and stomps his feet and walks away.

"Tomatario... (You don't care about ruling the Mushroom Kingdom... do you...?)"

Bowser stops and turns to Mario.

"Tomatario motario potato potario... (You just want to make your parents proud... huh...?)"

Bowser angrily stares at him.

"Tomario. (Believe me. I get it.)"

"Potario tomatario. (You don't have to be someone else's puppet.)" Mario sighs. "I learned... that... from John... Magellan..."

After staring at Mario for a short while, Bowser sighs, turns around, and stomps away.

Mario sighs in relief and falls on his back. "Mamma mia..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80 0 26
A grumpy and unsociable alien finds himself caught in the gears of a terrorist plot and kidnapped by a sketchy interspecies crew of mercenaries. If h...
311 2 47
A young man walks around his shopping city, when suddenly he hears screaming. He gets knocked out, and once he wakes up, he sees his world has change...
56 5 5
Getting involved in an attack on the Kremlin, trying to keep up with his studies at school be a superhero, sacrificing his safety to defeat the Alien...
148 2 11
Waking up with no memory of who he was or what happen to him, Hunter is lost in the world he doesn't remember. Slowly regain his past with each encou...