Reborn as Katara (OC)

By AllisonMC6

Luna is reborn as Sokka's sister but instead of naming her Katara Hakoda and Kya decided on naming her Luna s... More

1. Shot and Killed
2. Water Bender
3. Healing and Fishing
4. Harmony
5. Fire Nation
6. The Start
7. Meeting The Village
8. Bad News
9. Meeting the Prince
10. Escaping Zuko's Ship
11. Meeting Captain Zhao
12. Touring the Southern Air Temple
13. His New Home
14. Kyoshi Island Part 1
15. Kyoshi Island Part 2
17. The Newly Refurbished Chamber
18. Challenges Part 1
19. Challenges Part 2
20. Haru More Like Hero
21. Arrested
22. Fight Back!
23. Dead Forests
24. Iroh and Sokka Captured
25. The Search for Iroh and Sokka
26. Iroh and Sokka Saved
27. The Blockade
28. Talking With Roku

16. City of Omashu

7.5K 366 27
By AllisonMC6

~With the Gaang~

"The Earth Kingdom city of Omashu!" Aang announced with his arms wide, presenting the city of Omashu to the two siblings.

"I used to always come here to visit my friend Bumi." he told them with a smile on his face.

Luna was really excited. She knew that they would be meeting Bumi in Omashu and he was also one of her favorite characters. The crazy old king that was actually smart, plus he was one of the strongest earth benders in the show.

"Wow! It looks amazing." Luna said with wide eyes.

"That's one big city." Sokka commented.

"Well, come on slowpokes. The real fun is inside the city." he said, jumping off the little mountain top they were standing on and using his air bending to land softly on lower ground.

"Wait, Aang. You can't just go around with your arrow pointing at you showing that you're the Avatar." Sokka told him.

"Yeah, you need a disguise." Luna said.

"Where am I gonna get a disguise?" he asked, confused.

"Oh, I think I have an idea." Sokka said turning to look at Appa while Luna just giggled knowing how this was gonna go.

"OH, this is so itchy." Aang complained scratching his head where a big clump of Appa's fur was tied. He also kept moving his mouth because Appa's fur was itching him there too from where they made the fake mustache.

"How do you live in this stuff?" he asked his furry friend but the only response he got was Appa snorting at him.

"Great, now you look just like my grandfather." Sokka complimented, looking very pleased with his work.

"Technically he is 115 years old." Luna pointed out.

"Now, let's get to skipping, young whippersnappers! The big city awaits!" Aang said in an old man voice as he used his air bending to pick up his staff from the floor so that he could pretend to use it as a walking stick as he turned to walk towards the city.

The three of them plus Momo who sat on Aang's shoulder and Harmony who sat in Luna's hair hiding all walked up the narrow road that led up to the city.

"You guys are gonna love Omashu. The people here are the friendliest in the world." Aang told them with a smile. Only for it to leave his face when they all heard the yelling at the city entrance.

"Cabbages?! What kind of slum do you think this is?!" one city guard yelled before crushing the cabbage in his hand and knocking the cabbage out of the merchant's hand.

Then he used his earth bending to launch the cabbage filled cart off the ground and into the air which sent it plummeting down off the narrow road.

"No! My cabbages!" the merchant cried watching his cabbages fall.

"Well, that was rude." Luna commented as the three of them watched the cabbages fall.

"Just keep smiling." Aang told them as they walked towards the guarded entrance of the city.

"State your business." a guard commanded as he moved forward and moved his right arm in an upward motion that brought a boulder up from the ground and he held it up in the air above Aang using his earth bending.

But Aang moved forward with fast speed using his air bending to move quick successfully distracting the guard and making him lose focus causing the boulder to drop to the ground where Aang once was standing.

"My business is my business, young man, I've got half a mind to bend you over my knee and paddle our backside." Aang yelled in his old man voice while pointing at the shocked guard.

"Settle down old timer, just tell me who you are." the guard said, trying to do his job.

"Name's Bonzoo Pippenpadlopsicolopolis the third, and these are my grandkids." Aang introduced using what Sokka and Luna thought was the most unbelievable last name ever.

"Hi, I'm June. Nice to meet you." Luna said with a smile and a wave of her hand refusing to say that last name in fear that she was gonna say it wrong and blow their cover.

"You seem like a responsible young lady, see that your grandfather stays out of trouble." the guard ordered looking at her.

"Enjoy Omashu." he said politely as he stepped aside to let them into the city.

"We will. Thank you." Luna said back politely.

"Wait a minute!" he called causing them to turn back with wide eyes thinking they were caught.

"You're a strong young boy," the guard started as he put his hand on Sokka's shoulder and turned him around to face him.

"Show some respect for the elderly and carry your grandfather's bag." the guard ordered. But what he didn't know was that it was really Luna's bag that Aang offered to carry but Aang wasn't going to pass up this opportunity,

"Good idea." Aang complimented with a big smile on his face as he threw the bag into Sokka's arms who looked at him with a deadpanned stare.

When they walked further the three walls that protected the city were opened by earth bending guards allowing them entry into Omashu.

"Wow" Luna breathed out looking at the beautiful city in front of them. There were so many buildings but what really stood out were what looked like big slides/bridges that went all over the city.

"What are those?" Sokka asked curious.

"That is the Omashu delivery system. Miles and miles of tubes and chutes. Earth bending brings the packages up, and gravity brings them down." Aang explained to him.

"So, they get their mail on time?" Sokka joked.

"They do get their mail on time actually, but my friend Bumi found a better use for these chutes." Aang said with a smile thinking of his old friend.

~Aang's flashback~

"Look around you! What do you see?!" a young Bumi with spiky hair asked Aang.

"Umm... a mail system." Aang said not knowing what else to answer.

"Instead of seeing what they want you to see, you got to open your brain to the possibilities." Bumi said wisely with mischief in his voice.

"A package-sending system?" Aang asked, still unsure of what his friend was talking about.

"The world's greatest super slide!" Bumi announced with a huge smile making Aang smile too as he finally saw what his friend was talking about.

"Bumi, you're a mad genius." Aang complimented causing Bumi to laugh with a few snorts.

The two of them were riding in a mailing container that they were using as a cart for their sliding while they could both be seen laughing and having a good time.

~End of Aang's Flashback~

"One ride, then we're off to the North Pole. Airbender's honor." Aang promised.

He sat in the front of the cart with Luna in between him and Sokka. Aang was kind of hoping that Luna couldn't see the blush that was on his cheeks from how she wrapped her arms around his torso to secure herself.

"You know, this seemed like fun at first, but I think I want to get oooooooooooout!!!" Sokka started saying but he screamed that last part when their cart finally started falling and sliding down the chute.

But as they kept sliding all three of them started laughing from the free-falling feeling that it gave them. However, their laughing stopped when their chute led them to be next to another chute that had spears in the cart.

"Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!" they started screaming when their chutes joined together so now the spears were right behind them gaining on their tail. It got so close that Sokka ducked down into the cart so that he wouldn't get kebabbed while Luna leaned more forward into Aang.

"I'm on it!" Aang announced then he started shaking the cart from side to side before gaining enough momentum to launch them off the chute making their cart fall and slide off a roof and bounce between a earth bending soldier training causing the soldiers to let out gasps of surprise.

Then they somehow bounced back onto a chute and knocked down a art full of fruit and slid down another roof and onto the course of another chute.

But just when they thought they were in the clear zone their cart rammed into another cart in front of them launching them into the air and out of their cart.

Aang made sure to keep Luna and Sokka close to him and used his air bending to propel the cart back to underneath them so they could land in the cart.

And then their cart flew threw a man's home while he was decorating his vase successfully crushing his vase and almost taking the man's head off.

"Sorry!" Aang yelled.

Then after sliding on the sidewalk and off a building they all screamed when their cart finally came to a stop while landing on the cabbage merchant's cart full of cabbage.

"My cabbages! You're gonna pay for this!" he yelled at them as they became surrounded by earth bending guards.

"Two cabbages, please." Aang said with a sheepish smile.

~Omashu Royal Palace~

The three of them stood in front of the King of Omashu. Sokka and Aang looking worried with what was gonna happen while Luna smiled inwardly to herself.

She was fangirling on the inside. She finally gets to meet the crazy/fun/wise earth bending king.

"Hmm?" the King hummed in question at the three teenagers that stood before him.

"Your majesty, these juveniles were arrested for vandalism, traveling under false pretenses, and malicious destruction of cabbages." one guard announced as two others made the three of them kneel on the ground.

"Off with their heads! One for each head of cabbage!" the cabbage merchant demanded.

"Silence!" the guard ordered him.

"Only the King can pass down judgment. What is your judgment, sire?" the guard questioned.

"Hmm." the King hummed while looking at the three who had very different reactions to his staring.

Sokka started stammering while Aang was whistling like he didn't do anything wrong and lastly there was Luna who was staring at him with a small smile and a knowing glint in her eye.

"Throw them..." he started making Sokka and Aang gasp.

"...a feast." the King announced.

All the guards looked confused while the merchant was groaning in displeasure at the Kings announcement.

"Huh?" Aang and Sokka asked confused.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 7.2K 36
Kya, Sokka's twin, and Kataras's older sister. She holds a cold glare to everyone around her, often being misunderstood. She sensitive but holds a f...
37.2K 1K 14
Avatar: the Last Airbender Fanfiction Zuko x OC Makki is the twin sister of Sokka and the older sister of Katara. She is one of the last Southern wat...
165 20 3
Four elements: Water, Earth, Fire, Air. An Avatar. The master of all elements. Only one each lifetime. But what if there were two? Aang spent 100 ye...
1.6K 68 10
you believe me like a god, i'll betray you like a man IN WHICH - gaia odayaka is hopeless, and prince zuko is an a...