Partners In Crime(Dalador/Ala...

Oleh Emrys_Void

We know Darius and Alador were friends as kids at Hexside but not why they aren't as adults. Keep reading to... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 20

266 17 18
Oleh Emrys_Void

(⚠️TW⚠️: mention of domestic abuse, homophobia, animal abuse.)

{A Week Later}

~Darius POV~

A loud thud jolted Eber and I awake. I looked over. Eda had dropped a book the width of her head on the table in the library hideout. Lilith and Raine stared at me from the corner of the room. Alador stood, looking down at me.

"Darius, what's going on? Edalyn called saying she and Lilith found you here. It's not even 8 in the morning." Alador said.

"Would you believe I fell asleep studying?" I asked, sitting up and moving Eber from my chest to my lap.

All of them shook their heads.

"You have a blanket and a bag of clothes. You've been sleeping here for more than just a night." Raine said. "We're concerned."

I sighed. I'm not getting out without explaining. The others came and sat next to me. Eber whimpered, jumped off my lap, ran over to the bag of clothes, and took out the envelope holding the letter and photos. He brought it over and dropped it at Alador's feet. He then picked up his stuffed fox and jumped on my lap. Alador picked up the envelope. Ben jumped from Alador's pocket and started looking around for Ace. Ace poked their nose out of my bag and Ben jumped in with them. Adorable little palismen.

"How can that letter be why you guys are sleeping here?" Raine asked.

"It was delivered to my parents about 2 weeks ago. I don't know who sent it or why but they did. My parents weren't pleased with me and the photos inside." I explained.

Alador opened the envelope. He took out the letter. The others read over his shoulder.

"Behave like what?" Eda asked.

"Just look at the photos." I said.

Lilith reached over and took the envelope from Alador. She took out the photos and flipped through them. Her brow furrowed and a frown showed on her lips. She handed the letter to Alador specifically.

"I'm sorry." She said, I'm sure if it's to me and Eber or Alador.

Alador flipped through. Eda and Raine looked over his shoulder. Alador looked at me. The look on his face, in his eyes; worry, sadness, and regret.

"Dad came into my room while I wrapped Alador's birthday present. He screamed at me before..." My voice faltered.

Eber continued for me.

"Before he started dragging you by your hair. Kicking and beating you. Your mother shouting slurs." Raine translated.

"Eber tried to protect me but got hurt in the process." I said, finding my voice again. "Dad threw her out. Then after another dozen or so kicks, he threw me out too. With a healing spell Alador taught me, I healed us but I'm not good so there was still a bruise on my cheek that Alador had healed and few on my sides for about a week. I managed to sneak in to get clothes and a couple other items. Then Eber and I came here."

"I'm sorry." Alador whispered.

"Why didn't you go to one of us?" Eda asked.

"I didn't want any of you to worry. Eber and I can handle ourselves so there's no need to worry." I said, trying to show a reassuring smile.

No one bought it.

"Your uncle. You could've gone to him." Alador said.

"Honest? I haven't seen him in 4 years. I don't know what he'd do or say." I said.

"He'd take you in." He pressed. "Especially if he knew what happened."

"Maybe..." I said.

"You can't stay here. It's not a home." Lilith said. "You need to at least try to talk to your uncle."

"I'll come with you to talk to him." Alador said.

I nodded.

"We'll leave you alone to get your stuff together." Eda said.

She, Lilith, and Alador left.

"Do you really have no idea who sent the letter?" Raine asked.

"No, not a clue." I shook my head. "You saw the envelope. No address or name."

Raine nodded then left

{3 And A Half Hours Later}

"His house should be somewhere down this road." I told Alador.

Alador nodded.

"Darius, do you trust me?" He asked, abruptly.

"Of course I do." I said.

"Then why didn't you tell me what happened?" He asked. "Did I say or do something that made you feel like you couldn't tell me?"

"...I didn't want you to worry or blame yourself, like you are now." I said. "You know I don't like to worry people about me."

"I'm your boyfriend, I'm supposed to worry about you." He told me. "Though I doubt anything happens, if something does happen here, tell me, okay?"

"Okay, I will." I assured him.

"Good." He said, grabbing my hand.

Guess I got pretty lucky, my boyfriend cares so much.

Eber jumped on his shoulder.

"Do you think he'll take him in too?" Alador asked.

"I'm not even sure he'll take me." I answered. "We'll have to see what happens."

He nodded and started walking, pulling my arm so I followed him. Eber faced me and talked. He asked if Alador knew where he was going.

"No. No, he doesn't." I answered.

{A Couple Minutes Later}

"Here we are." I said, anxiously staring at the house in front of us.

Before I could say anything else or do anything at all, Alador let go of my hand and knocked on the door.

"I'm not giving you a chance to back down." He said.

I sighed. There was a sound inside then the door opened. A man I didn't recognize stood in the doorway.

"Oh, I'm sorry, we must have the wrong house!" I apologized.

"Babe, who's at the door?" Someone called.

The person came around the corner. Uncle Desmond. He smiled when he saw us.

"Hi, Mr. Desmond." Alador said.

"Hi, Uncle Desmond." I said awkwardly.

{A Little Bit Later}

Uncle Desmond invited Alador and I in. This place hasn't changed much. 4 chair dining set in the dining room, coffee table and 2 couches in the living room. Same bright decor.

"Sit down, sit down. It's great to see you both again." Uncle Desmond said.

Alador and I sat on one couch while Uncle Desmond and the man who answered the door sat on the other. I introduced Uncle Desmond and Eber, he already knows Alador.

"I assume your parents didn't tell you about him so, Darius, this is my husband. Micheal." Uncle Desmond said. "He and I got married 4 years ago."

"It's nice to meet you." I said. "That explains why my parents wouldn't let me visit you anymore."

Uncle Desmond nodded.

"They told me something about an agenda." He said. "Neither of them have ever been very open-minded people."

"Clearly they got over their issues since you're here." Micheal said, trying to make things less negative.

"Actually, no, they didn't." I said. "Um..."

"Did something happen?" Uncle Desmond asked.

"I got a boyfriend." I answered. "Mom and Dad got this letter and kicked me out."

Uncle Desmond frowned. Eber explained about what happened, that I'd taken him in, me not wanting my friends to worry, and everything.

"Did that all happen?" Micheal asked.

"You understand that?" Alador asked.

"I'm a bard, we understand sounds." Micheal answered. "But, Darius, did that all happen? What Eber said?"

"...yeah." I admitted.

"What happened?" Uncle Desmond asked, not being able to understand Eber.

Micheal translated what Eber had said. Alador clung to my arm.

"I knew Aaron was an ass but that's worse than I Ever thought he was capable of." Uncle Desmond said. "That all happened today or last night?"

"Not exactly...it was 2 weeks ago." I said.

"2 weeks ago?! Where have you been living?!" He snapped.

"Some friends and I have this secret hideout. Eber and I stayed there." I told him. "Before you say anything, Alador didn't know and neither did our other friends."

"You and Eber can stay here. No, you and Eber will stay here." He told me. "You should have come here the moment you got kicked out."

Micheal nodded in agreement. Eber jumped up.

"I told you." Alador muttered.

"We hadn't seen or talked to each other in years and I wasn't sure how you felt about people being gay so I was scared you'd turn me away." I admitted.

{An Hour Later}

Uncle Desmond finished his rant on the fact I should've come to him immediately.

"I should get going." Alador told me.

I nodded then walked him out. I closed the door so Alador and I could talk semi-privately.

"Thank you for pushing me." I said.

"I'm just returning the favor. You push me." He said.

"Still thank you." I said, holding his hands in mine.

"You're welcome." He replied.

"I'm sorry I hid what happened." I said.

"As long as you tell me if something like that happens here, all is forgiven." He told me.

"Promise." I said.

"Good." He stated. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow, Cutie." I said.

"I'm not cute." He stated.

"Yes, you are cute." I said.

He rolled his eyes and let out a defeated sigh. He kissed me, I let go of his hands, and he walked off. I went back inside.

"Where'd Micheal go?" I asked, sitting back on the couch.

"He decided to go work on one of his projects." Uncle Desmond answered.

Eber curled up on my lap and fell fast asleep.

"You know, I always liked that Alador. Just something about him." Uncle Desmond stated. "Now I know what."

"Mom said something similar except that she never liked him." I said.

"Britney and I are opposites." He said. "Now what have I missed the last few years, aside from you dating your best friend."

We started catching up on the last 4 years.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.5K 44 7
//Highschool AU// //Coffee shop Au// Tommy is just some barista that works at a coffee shop. Purpled is an introverted person. What would happen if o...
5.8K 251 25
Storyline: EX some how gets back onto hermitcraft but not everybody is happy about it. Forgiveness doesn't come easy after you destroy someone's hom...
1.1M 49.7K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC