Is The Dark All Dark?

By RebeccaClark704

The summer before Harry's 4th year another house elf appears in his aunt and uncle's house at number 4 Privet... More

Chapter 1: World Turned Upside Down
Chapter 2: Gringotts
Chapter 4: Return To Hogwarts?
Chapter 5: Goblet of Fire
Chapter 6: First Night Back
Chapter 7: Building Bonds
Chapter 8: Training
Chapter 9: Enemies or Friends?
Chapter 10: First Task
Chapter 11: Return to Gringotts
Chapter 12: Am I Betraying Them?
Chapter 13: Malfoy
Chapter 14: Lunch In Diagon Alley
Chapter 15: Sickness
Chapter 16: Some Questions Answered
Chapter 17: Yule Ball
Chapter 18: Ferrets and Drama
Chapter 19: Yule Holiday Disasters
Chapter 20: Disasters & Eggs
Chapter 21: Problems At Gringotts
Chapter 22: Yule Ball Disasters Part 2
Chapter 23: First Family Yule
Chapter 24: Discover Another Misfortune

Chapter 3: Godfathers

2.6K 74 2
By RebeccaClark704

                                                                                      Is The Dark All Dark?

                                                                                            Chapter 3

Harry glared at Lucius for a moment, internally debating on whether he should go with the man or not. As much as he didn't trust Dumbledore any longer, he certainly didn't trust the man who had tried to kill him in his second year at Hogwarts. Izzy stood in the far corner of the room, ringing her hands together as she watched her young master and his father glare at each other. She knew Lord Malfoy wanted to have the son he thought he'd lost back home but she could see the distrust that swirled in Master Harry's green eyes. From the few minutes she'd been in the muggle home she had some understanding of just how badly he'd been treated growing up.

"Harry come on. I have a busy afternoon and I really don't have time for your childish nonsense of not wanting to come home." Lucius stated, his tone of voice causing Harry to flinch.

"Malfoy Manor not home." Izzy stated, glaring at the man with her arms crossed. When she'd delivered the letter to Lord Malfoy she'd hoped that she had been doing the right thing. However, the longer she was in the same room as the two she could see that Harry needed time away to actually process everything that had happened in the last few hours. The house elf stepped forward, carefully slipping her smaller hand into his, looking at Lord Malfoy.

"Izzy do what right for little master." She stated. Lucius had barely jerked forward in an attempt to grab his son's arm when the two popped out of the room. He gritted his teeth in frustration, knowing the elf wouldn't have taken him somewhere that could easily be tracked.

                                        :3 :3 :3 :3 Godric's Hollow Potter Cottage :3 :3 :3 :3

Izzy glanced around the living room, snapping her fingers to clear away the dust and light the lights. Harry stood in the center, glancing around in confusion as he struggled to figure out just where he was now. He slowly made his way over the fireplace, gently brushing his hand against the mantle as he looked at the pictures that were still sitting there as if waiting for the house occupants to return. The first picture to catch his attention was of the Marauders. Sirius and James were horse playing with each other, Peter standing off to the side with a shy smile and Remus standing out of the way with an amused look on his face. The next picture was of Lily and James dressed in tradition wedding attire, Sirius and another woman standing at their sides, both wearing a wide grin.

"Izzy...where are we?" he whispered, fully turning to look closer at the house. He could feel the faint remains of magic dancing across his skin, left untouched since that Halloween night. Izzy rung her hands together as he ventured closer to the stairs, watching as he slowly took them one at a time. She followed behind him to the upper landing, the teen instantly walking towards what had been his nursery.

"Izzy couldn't protect her family that night. Izzy was...left alone." She stated softly, stopping at his side in the doorway. Everything had been left just as it was that night, no one daring to venture into the house of Voldemort's last attack. Even though it was still a private property belonging to the Potter family, many saw the home as a monument, something that gave them hope during the rebuilding stages after the last war.

"Master James and Mistress Lily really loved baby Harry." She whispered, not failing to miss the unsure look in his eyes.

"But...if they hadn't taken me in than...maybe Voldemort wouldn't have came after them that night. Maybe...maybe Sirius and Remus wouldn't have lost their best friends." Harry whispered, slowly sinking to the floor with his back pressed against the wall. Tears once again blurred his vision as he thought about the list of what ifs that were running through his head.

For several days Izzy gave Harry space as he wandered around the house and out into the garden. She'd used her magic to create a charm that still made the cottage seem abandoned, hoping to give her young master some peace of mind. She flittered around, doing chores to keep herself occupied. Even though Harry insisted on making meals she was determined to take care of everything else. She glanced up when she heard the hoot that had become familiar most mornings, watching as Hedwig landed on the kitchen table where Harry was eating his breakfast.

"Good morning girl. I hope you had a nice hunt. I'm sure you're enjoying being able to go wherever you please without having someone yelling at you." Harry chuckled softly, reaching to stroke to fingers down the back of her feathers. She released another hoot, holding out her leg for her owner. Harry faltered when he spotted Sirius' handwriting on the envelope, unwrapping the ribbon when he received a nip to regain his attention.

"Thanks girl. You can go rest. If I respond it won't be until later." He whispered, staring at the envelope as he clutched it in both of his hands. He hadn't been able to bring himself to write to his Godfather since finding out the truth, unsure if the first person to show him any actual kindness would turn his back on him for being Lucius Malfoy's son. He figured Sirius had finally written him because they'd found out he wasn't at the Dursley's when the Weasleys' came to get him for the Quidditch World Cup. He carefully flipped it over, slowly opening it once he'd broken the wax seal.

Pup where are you? Everyone has been looking for you but there hasn't been any traces. I do want you to know that I know about Lily's letter that you probably received. James told Remus and I the truth shortly after they went into hiding and Lily mentioned telling you the truth when you turned fourteen. So I'm hoping that you're with Izzy and not just wandering the streets after running away from those muggles. I know everything this past year didn't work out the way we planned but I want you to know that whether you're Malfoy's kid or not you're still my godson. I took that oath when Lily and James adopted you and nothing is going to change that. I'm determined to search for Peter and clear my name so I can raise you like I was supposed to. And that's a Marauders' promise. Please just let me know you're safe even if you don't tell me where you are. – Padfoot

Harry sat at the table in shocked silence, staring at the letter. Sirius had known the truth the entire time and he'd still wanted to take care of him. He wasn't going to abandon him because he wasn't James' son.

"Finished?" Izzy questioned, popping to his side when he pushed his plate away, a million thoughts running through his head. He figured that Sirius would be the one to talk to about everything he had found out at the bank.

"Izzy...would it be safe to bring Sirius here?" he questioned, glancing at the house elf that in a few short days he had come to consider at least a friend. She paused for a moment, clearly thinking about his request.

                                                             :3 :3 :3 :3 Malfoy Manor :3 :3 :3 :3

Lucius was silent as he glanced at his wife across the table, silently eating his breakfast. He could tell simply from the look on his face that she had something on her mind, knowing more than likely that it had something to do with still not finding where Harry had once again disappeared to. He briefly turned his attention to the door when Draco stepped in, sighing at the memory of the boy's outburst at finding out the truth. While Narcissa had hoped he would be happy about finding out they had found the twin brother he'd grown up longing for instead Draco had instantly gone into a rant about how once again Potter was trying to ruin his life.

"Mipsy said you wanted to see me?" he questioned, standing at the end of the table, looking at his parents.

"Yes. Your mother and I do not appreciate this immature silent treatment and refusing to take meals outside of your room. I have allowed it for nearly the entire last week, but it is going to stop now, or you will lose several privileges until you return to Hogwarts. Harry is your twin, something that I am surprised you are not more excited about considering just how much you have spoken about him your letters over the last three years." Lucius stated firmly. Draco defiantly glared at his father, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Because Harry isn't my brother. He's a no-good Gryffindor that is friends with mud bloods and blood traitors. He's a spoilt good toe shoes that is trying to steal my life because he's jealous. I don't know what lies and spells he has managed on either of you, but he will never be my brother." Draco snapped, his magic flaring for a moment. Narcissa glanced between her husband and son before she sighed, shaking her head. She knew that both of them were stubborn to a fault.

"Draco we have the heritage test for Gringotts. That can not be faked. It's tested by blood. And your father already explained what was found out at the bank by the goblins about the Weasleys and Miss Granger stealing from Harry to pretend to be his friend." She attempted to explain. The youngest Malfoy threw up his hands before he turned and stormed out of the dining room, ignoring his father calling his name, demanding he return to the table. He stormed through the manor, heading out towards the quidditch pitch. Mipsy stayed hidden, watching her young master pace back and forth across the grass, his magic snapping around him as he muttered under his breath. He understood that what his mother said was the truth and he wanted to be excited, but his temper and anger was stopping him from that.

Lucius stood in his office closest to the window that overlooked the vast garden and quidditch pitch, watching as his son zoomed through the air on his broom. He sighed, shaking his head before he turned his attention back to the work that laid untouched on his desk. He'd searched for the week for any signs of Harry but with the house elf the boy's magic was easily cloaked and untraceable.

"Narcissa said you were needing help with something? I'm assuming it has something to do with why Draco hasn't been badgering me to teach him more advanced spells or potions over the last week." Severus stated as he walked into the office. The potion's master was dressed in his normal black robes, but his hair wasn't as greasy from the potions he used to protect it while he worked. Lucius glanced at his oldest friend, internally debating on whether or not he should tell him about Harry. He'd heard plenty of times just how much the potions master hated the boy for his attitude of thinking himself above the rules at Hogwarts. Lucius raised his wand, wordlessly summoning the tray of tea that had been left sitting on the side table close the fire by one of the house elves.

"I don't understand what she hopes you'll be able to do when I've already tried everything I can think of." He stated, sitting in his chair. Severus accepted the tea that hovered in front of him, watching his friend for a moment.

"Perhaps if you told me what it was that had the great Lord Lucius Malfoy so stressed out I could offer my assistance." Severus questioned with a raised eyebrow. He leaned forward, sitting his cup to the side when he was simply offered a scroll that held the Gringotts official seal. Lucius turned to look on the window once again while he waited for Severus' reaction. After several moments of silence he glanced over his shoulder, finally catching the look he was receiving.

"Dumbledore's golden boy? Lord Voldemort's sworn enemy? Leader of the golden Gryffindor trio? Is supposedly your missing child? Is this some form of joke Lucius? Because I can tell you right now it isn't funny. The only reason I have been trapped spying for that cruel, meddlesome old man is because I made a vow to Lily to protect her child." Severus stated the irritation he felt slipping into his tone.

"As I have already explained to Narcissa and Draco no this isn't any form of joke. It's the truth which I would have assumed was believable considering the fact you are holding the heritage test from Gringotts." The wizard lord stated with an annoyed tone. He was starting to find it ridiculous that everyone doubted something that couldn't be faked. Severus stood up, starting to pace across the office, a sour look on his face.

"This can't be possible. There is no way Potter is your son. That would mean not only do I have to put up with him during the school year I can't even escape from him during the summer. And what is Dumbledore going to think? You can't just take him from the family he's living with because than the headmaster would take it up with Ministry of Magic about Potter being unsafe around a dark family." Severus ranted.

"You know damn good and well that I have more sway with the Ministry than that old fool! And Harry hasn't lived with those muggles Dumbledore placed him with for nearly two weeks!" Lucius snapped, dropping his pureblood mask as he slammed his hands down on his desk. The potion master stared at his friend, surprised by his sudden outburst.

"Don't you release what this means Severus? If Harry is my son and Dumbledore clearly knows than it would explain what really happened that Hallows Eve night." Lucius stated. Severus frowned for a moment, clearly confused on what the night the Dark Lord fell had anything to do with the current matter.

"The Godfather's vow." He mumbled, remembering the vow he'd made when he was appointed Draco's godfather. It bound them and anyone of the same blood together, meaning they couldn't cause deadly harm to anyone in the same direct blood line.

"The Dark Lord was my father's best friend. My father named him my godfather, something very select few know. He wouldn't have been able to cast the killing curse on Harry without it rebounding because of the vow to me." Lucius explained, sinking down into his chair.

(This is crossposted by me as Snowbeam12 on Fanfiction.net; I don't own any of the rights to these characters or the canon Harry Potter story. However, this fanfiction story belongs to me)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68 21 8
Harry Potter is no stranger to life turning out completely different to what he could have ever expected. He was an abused boy with murdered parents...
13.5K 494 35
Book 3 of Her Universe, My Residence. Returning back to Hogwarts for your fifth year, Voldemort in awake, a pink toad to make your year difficult, th...
4K 121 20
In which the fourth year at Hogwarts brings you new challenges and obstacles that you need to face while also being oblivious to your feelings toward...
131K 3.9K 25
One day after Harry's third year at Hogwarts, the Weasley's stop by to check on him. However, they are shocked to discover the truth about the boy wh...