Sentiment | Dave East

By Macklitty

Sentiment (noun) sen·​ti·​ment ˈsen-tə-mənt : an attitude, thought, or judgment prompted by feeling. "You ju... More

𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵: 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘊𝘈𝘚𝘛
①.
②.
③.
④.
⑤.
⑥.
⑧.
⑨.
①⓪.
①①.
①②.
①③.
①④.
①⑤.
①⑥.
①⑦ .
①⑨.
②⓪.
②①.
②②. ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1
②③. ᴘᴀʀᴛ 2
②④.
②⑤.
②⑥.
②⑦.
②⑧.
②⑨.
③⓪.
③①.
③②.
③③.
③④.
③⑤.
③⑥.
③⑦. Part 1
③⑧. Part 2
③⑨.
④⓪.
④①.
④②.
④③.
④④.
④⑤.
④⑥.
④⑦.
④⑧.
④⑨.
⑤⓪.
⑤①.
Epilouge.

①⑧.

14.8K 749 148
By Macklitty

Omniscient
Miami, FL
Wednesday 6:30PM
Miami Central Health Hospital

As Essence's shift had come to an end, she was walking through the hospital much more upbeat than usual for a 12 hour shift. Usually she'd be exhausted or even sluggish but tonight was different. She was happier than usual.

After collecting her things and putting her time in, she headed towards the elevator to go to Chassidy's. She had texted the group chat a few hours ago telling Essence and Aladrea to stop by ASAP. Chassidy made it seem like such an urgent manner when really, she just had plans on finally tell her best friends about her pregnancy.

"Hi Essence, how are you?" Essence heard a voice say. She looked up to see Dr.Martinez had joined her on the elevator .

"I'm good, great actually." Essence spoke and returned the smile Dr.Martinez was giving her, "What about you?"

"I'm fine but I can tell you're great, you look it!" Dr.Martinez complimented with a laugh, "You're glowing since you've been back from vacation, must have had a good time."

"Yeah, it was the best I've ever had actually." Essence spoke in deep thought, except she wasn't just speaking of the vacation itself.

"Always glad to hear!" Dr.Martinez said as the elevator came to a stop. "Have a good night and weekend, I'll see you on Monday." The doors of the elevator opened and out she went, waving at Essence as she left.

Essence only rode a few more floors before she got off at the parking garage and made her way to the car. Chassidy didn't live too far from here so she knew it wouldn't take her long.

She definitely felt like she owed a few hours of her time to her friends since she had been with True every day since they returned from Tulum. She had even spent the night at his house for the past two days. It was clear they enjoyed each other's company.

After about 15 minutes of driving, Essence pulled up and parked next to Aladrea. It was clear she had already made it inside, seeing that her car was empty.

Once she finally made it up to Chassidy's apartment, her best friends acted as if they hadn't seen her in months. They squealed loudly and pulled her into a hug, clearly happy to see her.

"Y'all are sooo dramatic." Essence laughed, hugging them both back.

"No bitch, you're dramatic." Chassidy said jokingly, "Bitches officially got a man and don't even return our text for two days."

"Whateverrr." Essence dragged with a wide smile at Chassidy's remark.

"You're glowing sis, you look good." Aladrea complimented and Essence's smile grew wider. Dr.Martinez had just told her the same thing and she was starting to believe it herself.

"It's the dick, isn't it?" Chassidy spoke out inappropriately as usual.

"Chas, stop." Essence said as she pushed Chassidy playfully.

Both Aladrea and Chassidy sat waiting for an actual answer like any best friend would and Essence eventually gave them one.

"Honestly, maybe it is." Essence laughed making them both squeal just like earlier. "It's like, I don't think anybody could ever treat me better than him...or even fuck me better than him." Essence gushed making her friends aw in unison.

"Damn, he got my bitch hooked." Chassidy joked as she teased Essence. "He really does adore you sis, I just had Rico on the phone and True was running his mouth about you the whole time." She said with a smile.

"I love this for you though, you definitely deserve it." Aladrea expressed and Chassidy nodded in agreement.

"Thank you guys." Essence cooed as she cuddled them all into a group hug.

"Well, you called us here Chassidy so I guess we should give you the floor." Aladrea said as they both looked over at her.

Though she had known them both for such a long time, she felt so nervous to be sharing the news. She didn't know how they'd react, if they'd be surprised or confused and she even worried that they'd be disappointed. Which would never be the case considering how supportive they all were of one another.

"I have something I wanna tell you guys." Chassidy started as she took a deep breath. Essence and Aladrea exchanged a look of confusion as they raised a brow at her.

"Is it bad?" Aladrea questioned, seeing how serious Chassidy's Demeanor was.

"No, I mean...I guess not." Chassidy shrugged as she leaned against the the kitchen's countertop.

"Girl, just spit it out." Essence told Chassidy, "Why are you acting so nervous?"

"You guys would never judge me right?" Chassidy joked through a nervous laugh, somewhat regretting calling them there. In that moment, she realized she wasn't actually ready to tell them. She was suddenly wishing that she just waited and right now, she was thinking of a lie so that she didn't have to tell them the truth yet.

"Alright, this is getting weird." Aladrea said, "Chassidy, why would you even ask something like that?"

"Listen, when I found out...I was just as shocked and I'm sure y'all will be too." Chassidy spoke nervously, "As crazy as it might sound, I'm—"

"Wait...I'm sorry Chas." Essence spoke, looking down at her phone with furrowed brows.

"Something wrong?" Aladrea asked, seeing Essence's twisted expression.

"Yeah a little," She scoffed irritably at whatever she was looking at, "I need to call True really quick."

Chassidy hadn't even cared that Essence interrupted her announcement. In fact, she was happy she did and let out a small sigh of relief to herself. She never knew telling such a secret would be so scary to do. Of course she'd tell them eventually but today just wasn't that day.

Essence stepped into the hall and called True twice but he answered neither calls. She rolled her eyes and looked back at the message on her phone in disbelief and especially anger. She contemplated driving to the warehouse just to confront him but she knew she was way too shy to act that crazy. Instead she sent him and simple text and went back inside. As much as she tried to hide her mood, they picked up on it and asked what was wrong.

After seeing what had Essence so annoyed, Chassidy and Aladrea were confused but just as mad and encouraged her to confront him about it immediately.

Suddenly, Essence felt as if she had spoke too soon about how good of a man True was.

Miami, FL
Thursday 9:00 PM
Essence's apartment

As True approached the door to Essence's apartment he wasn't sure whether to be excited to see her or worried something was up. Usually she called if something was wrong but when he seen the short and straightforward text she sent, he had to admit he was somewhat nervous.

He knocked on the door and clearly she was awaiting his arrival, opening the door immediately after his second knock. He smiled widely at her but she didn't return his expression. Instead, she stepped aside and motioned for him to come in with her hand.

"Wassup baby?" True greeted casually when he stepped inside, trying to read her mood. He reached over to embrace her into a hug but she pushed him away with light force and he had gotten his answer. She brushed past him and stood in the kitchen with her arms folded across her chest, a blank look across her face.

"Sit." Is all she said to him, pointing at the stool in her kitchen. True could suddenly feel the tension just off the one word that had come from her mouth. He nodded and slowly made his way into the kitchen to take a seat, just like she asked.

"It's a problem or something?" True asked her, genuinely confused.

"We're together, right?" Was Essence's first question making True raise a brow at her.

"Ain't that what we established three days ago?" He questioned back sarcastically but Essence didn't even crack a smile nor laugh.

"Yeah and I just got done bragging to my friends about you, just for you to embarrass me." Essence scoffed at him while shaking her head.

"Embarrass you?" True questioned, his face scrunched. "Fuck did I do?"

"Are you fucking other bitches?" Essence asked out of nowhere, catching True by surprise. He jerked his head back at her before laughing a bit.

"What bitches Essence?" True laughed at her question, "You serious or this a joke?"

"You tell me." She said, sliding her phone over to him.

Before he even read over the entire text, he recognized the number and sighed almost instantly. Of course it was Kela and after seeing the pictures she had sent, he knew an argument was loading between him and Essence.

◣━━━━━━━━◢

(305) 637-8229
Today 6:55PM

Attachment: 2 images

OUR nigga, never forget that🤣 He know where home is🥰

◣━━━━━━━━◢

"Aight...so what you want me to say?" True questioned, sliding the phone back towards Essence nonchalantly. "That shit obviously old, months old Essence. Kela just trying to start shit."

"You wore that hoodie the same day we landed back in Miami, just three days ago." Essence challenged, trying her best to stay calm but her trust issues were really seeping through.

"Right but that ain't the only day I've ever wore it in my life. Ain't no way you think I'm cheating on yo' ass already, we just came back from out the country together. When would I even have time to do that?" True scoffed at her, truthfully offended.

"I didn't say you were cheating, I'm just asking when these pictures were taken...if you can even recall, unless you're lying." Essence snapped at him with her arms folded.

"Lose yo' fucking attitude." True quickly demanded, "I ain't been around that bitch since October and that's the truth. Last time we fucked around was that weekend of Tyrus's birthday party. I wore that hoodie the night I pulled up on her."

Essence let out a sigh before turning away from him. She was trying to calm down before she let a side of her be shown that she didn't want True to see. The insecure her, the one that Jaylen created when he was cheating on her.

"I don't know if I believe you, I'm sorry." She finally spoke as she turned back to face him again.

"So you think I'm lying?" True chuckled in disbelief, "I been with you almost everyday since we got back. You spent the night at my house twice out of those three days and anytime I wasn't with you, I was at the warehouse. You can ask da' boys."

"I don't wanna ask anybody shit, I wanna know if I'm making a mistake by getting into another relationship!" Essence shouted in frustration, "The last time a man told me it was just bitches being petty, he was fucking them behind my back."

"I would never fuck around with another bitch behind yo' back, especially not Kela." True assured her, "You know Ion' play about you."

"I understand what you're saying but I've heard it all before and you've fucked with Kela before so it's not impossible." Essence spoke with her head down. She hated accusing people of things they didn't actually do but in her mind, it was always better safe than sorry.

"And I understand what you saying too but you gone have to learn to trust me." True said to Essence. He reached out to grab her hand but instead of accepting the offer, she only moved away.

She wanted to believe True but she had dealt with so much cheating in the past that she was scared to just ignore Kela's text. Especially since her and True did have some history together. Getting into a new relationship was already a huge step for her and trust was an even bigger obstacle.

"That's the problem, I don't know if I can." Essence told True, who scrunched his face up at her again.

"Since when you can't trust me?" Suddenly, True had caught an attitude as well. If there was one thing he hated, it was someone questioning his loyalty. "I ain't been good to you?"

"You have...but I think I might need some space." Essence spoke, glancing a True from across her kitchen.

"Some space?" True stood up from his seat, "It ain't even been a week Essence and you already backing out the relationship over some petty shit like this?"

"I'm not backing out, I just...I don't know." She shrugged, It was times like this when she wished she was better at communicating.

"Well imma need you to figure it out, real quick." True argued with her, "I can give you space but doing that every time we have a disagreement is dead and Ion' really appreciate being compared to your last nigga."

"Nobody compared you to him but I can't be sure you're giving me the truth...so I'd prefer to keep my distance for now."  Essence looked at him with an unreadable expression but True's face was the opposite. His expression was very readable.

"Fuck is keeping yo' distance from me gone do?" True questioned irritably, "Don't be childish."

"I'm not the childish one....letting Kela act out like this behind you is what's childish True." Essence spat back with an attitude, "Since I first met you, she's been acting like we're in some competition over you and one thing about me, I'm never competing with anyone over a man."

"I'm not letting her do shit," True retorted, "Kela a grown ass woman, I been told her that Ion' fuck with her and I can't control whatever else she do."

"Okay well...once you get that in order, we can talk but for now, you can go." Essence said rudely as she walked over and opened the door for him.

"I can go?" True mocked back even ruder, "You telling me to get out?" He asked, staring at Essence from where he sat.

"Yes, I said i need space and i meant that." Essence spoke in a firm tone, motioning for him to leave. True chuckled in disbelief when he got out his seat and walked over to the door. Halfway out the door he stopped and spoke to her again before making his full exit.

"Aight Essence," True sighed at her, "So it's like that?"

"Yeah, it's definitely like that." She spoke as she rolled her eyes at him before closing the door in his face without apology.

_______________________
Hey y'all 🤪

This was honestly just a filler chapter that was needed before the next chapter you're about to read. It is long and chaotic 😭that's all I'll say.
I dropped the chapters back to back though cause Happy Friday! 😙

As usual, thank you guys for reading, voting & commenting!🫶🏾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 34.8K 57
de·vo·tion /dəˈvōSH(ə)n/ noun love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person, activity, or cause. - Read to find out more...❣️ published; 06-11-2020
625K 29K 48
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗵 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻 noun : a state of extreme joy. she was in 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯 ever since she met him.
189K 9.5K 25
Dɪssᴏᴄɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ- ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏғ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜɪᴛʏ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs, sᴜʀʀᴏᴜɴᴅɪɴɢs, ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴs, ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴅᴇɴᴛɪᴛʏ. -𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭-