Misery | Charles Leclerc [Aba...

By badhairred

"๐šˆ๐š˜๐šž ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐š˜๐šข ๐š–๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š˜ ๐š–๐šž๐šŒ๐š‘ ๐š’๐š ๐š–๐šŠ๐š”๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š–๐šข ๐š‹๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š ๐š‹๐š˜๐š’๐š•," ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐šŠ๐šข๐šœ, ๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š”๐š’๏ฟฝ... More

๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐š›๐š˜
๐™ฟ๐š›๐š˜๐š•๐š˜๐š๐šž๐šŽ
๐™พ๐š—๐šŽ.
๐šƒ๐š ๐š˜.
๐šƒ๐š‘๐š›๐šŽ๐šŽ.
๐™ต๐š˜๐šž๐š›.
๐™ต๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ.
๐š‚๐š’๐šก.
๐š‚๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š—.
๐™ด๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š.
๐™ฝ๐š’๐š—๐šŽ.
๐šƒ๐šŽ๐š—.
๐™ด๐š•๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š—.
๐šƒ๐š ๐šŽ๐š•๐šŸ๐šŽ.
๐™ต๐š˜๐šž๐š›๐š๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š—.
๐™ต๐š’๐š๐š๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š—.
๐š‚๐š’๐šก๐š๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š—.
๐š‚๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š—.
๐™ด๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š—.
๐™ฝ๐š’๐š—๐šŽ๐š๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š—.
๐šƒ๐š ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šข.
๐šƒ๐š ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šข-๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ.
๐šƒ๐š ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šข-๐š๐š ๐š˜.
๐šƒ๐š ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šข-๐š๐š‘๐š›๐šŽ๐šŽ.
๐šƒ๐š ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šข-๐š๐š˜๐šž๐š›.
๐šƒ๐š ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šข-๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ.
๐šƒ๐š ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šข-๐šœ๐š’๐šก.
๐šƒ๐š ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šข-๐šœ๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š—.
๐šƒ๐š ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šข-๐šŽ๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š.
๐šƒ๐š ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šข-๐š—๐š’๐š—๐šŽ.
๐šƒ๐š‘๐š’๐š›๐š๐šข.

๐šƒ๐š‘๐š’๐š›๐š๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š—.

3.3K 75 10
By badhairred

Miami had in one word been shit.

It started with the evening event where Fayen had left him standing like a statue as she went off after he had gotten her out of the situation with the Finley guy. Charles had needed a minute to get back to himself after the short encounter. The back of his hand had burned the rest of the evening and it was annoying to Charles. He could rub the place with all his might, he still couldn't get rid of the burning feeling. As if her thumbprint was carved into the veins under his skin.

She had cleverly avoided him the rest of the evening. Charles couldn't tell if this was because she was embarrassed about the situation or if she truly was as busy as she looked. He had followed her around the room with his gaze, trying to watch her while he made small talk to other attendees. Being not so subtle about it, might be added. After averting his eyes for a moment from the brunette he had looked straight at Lando. The Brit had grinned at him and pulled up his eyebrows, not leaving any room for interpretation about what he thought of

Charles' behaviour. He had answered with an innocent look of what you want trying to play it off. After that he had backed off a little bit. Only a little bit.

Then the weekend started and he had expected to get a message from Fayen asking for her entrance passes. He didn't. Instead Pierre came by his hotel room to pick up the pass before meeting with his sister. Charles will never admit that this stung him more than it should have.

Luckily Miami was in such chaos that he was quickly distracted with his driver duties. Interviews and filming content for the Ferrari socials kept him busy enough in the times between training, analysing data and meetings with the team.

Charles grew more restless after the first training. He could ban Fayen from his mind for the time being, but the fact that the car was a piece of work did not sit well with him at all. The team tried a lot to get the car up to speed, but by the time practice two rolled around the car was moving even more and he couldn't do anything when he lost control and he ended up in the wall.

His annoyance and anger only grew after qualifying the day after. He was too eager. Wanted too badly. When he crashed the car for the second time that weekend he let out a frustrated groan. Everything was going wrong and this was completely on him.

Now Saturday evening he doesn't want to engage with anyone. He has stayed late to look over the data and try to figure out the blemishes on the car so he can be prepared for them or even avoid them with all his power. When he is finally drained he makes his way out of the Ferrari garage. While he is so wrapped in thought he didn't notice someone leaning against the wall next to the entrance.

"Hey Percy!" The short shout startles Charles as he recognizes the voice it came from. He furrowed his eyebrows, turning back to see Fayen push herself off the wall. Charles takes her in not knowing what to make of her presence here.

She is wearing a white top with flowy beige pants. Her usual high heels swapped out for a pair of flat sandals. The sunglasses resting in her hair complete her 'vacation' look. Her face is made up lightly and the slow smile playing on her lips has Charles swallowing a little heavier as his throat gets dry. He waits for her as she walks over to him, her hands resting in her pockets.

"What are you doing here?" It comes out more accusing than Charles wanted it to.

"Hello to you too," Fayen responds, shaking her head lightly. "I was waiting for you." She holds next to him and looks him up and down as if to assess his mood.

Charles' can't help it when his face falls in an expression of total amazement. His eyebrows disappearing in his hairline and his head retracting into his neck as he gazes at the woman in front of him. Who on her turn rolls her eyes.

"Don't look like that, I just wanted to ask how you're doing." Her voice was steady, certain of purpose. She was still supporting the smile, although it was turning into a playful grin.

He just shrugged at her. In contrast to her he was not cool and collected, still confused with the situation. Why was she actively seeking him out after ignoring him all weekend?  And how could she stand there being so normal? He pushes the questions from his mind and mumbles, "I'm fine, been working."

Fayen nods with and added an understanding sound. Then she starts walking towards the paddock and the exit. Was that all? Irritation grows in him as he is not certain if she wants him to walk with her. Charles follows with great strides and with two steps he is walking next to her. She shoots him a smile. Right call. They walk in silence for a moment. Charles feels the heaviness of the silence but can't come up with something to break it. He isn't even sure he wants to. Just as he agrees to walk in silence the rest of the way to where ever they were going, Fayen breaks it.

"You don't seem fine though."

It isn't an accusation. She is just stating a fact. He sees her eyes lingering on him from the corner of his vision. They stand curious, patiently waiting for Charles to open up about what has been going on. The thing he doesn't fully understand himself and what he does understand is all mechanical stuff he doesn't want to bore her with.  So he stays silent, raking a hand through his hair and resting both his hands in his neck.

To his amazement she doesn't push the issue. She looks away and focuses on the path they are walking, her gaze flicking around the bustling place. The paddock isn't completely empty, but there are certainly a lot less people than there are during the day. Not that Fayen has problems with crowds, but Charles knows about her hesitance to be seen with Pierre and he guesses that is the case with all drivers.

This conclusion makes Charles smile and let go of his guard. If she was okay with walking next to him where people could spot them maybe she wasn't as hostile as he thought. Even if it makes his stomach flip a little he debates if he should pull her through the back alley, just to avoid all complications.

Charles looks again and Fayen seemed a little more tense than when he had first seen her, lounging against the Ferrari garage. He makes up his mind and reaches out to grab her hand. To his visible surprise she doesn't flinch away. She just shoots her gaze at him in confusion.

"What are you doing?"

He smiles warmly and nods his head to a passage between two of the hospitalities. "I know another way."

Her confusion fades into a sarcastic smirk, "you're kidnapping me?"

Charles laughs before tugging her along. "No I'm not kidnapping you," he states as they walk through the passageway and come to the backside of the paddock. "I just noticed your discomfort, so thought this would be a better route."

Fayen holds her step for a second and Charles is stopped. Through this he is aware they are still holding hands. They both look at their hands, holding onto each other in a way that fits right. Charles' eyes snap up and he meets Fayen's  that are just as startled. With a blush creeping onto his face he quickly lets go of her and his hand flies immediately to the back of his head.

"I'll.. er.. walk you to the exit if you want?" He can't help his stammering, but Fayen isn't aware of it or decides to ignore it. She gives him a nod and starts walking again.

When he can already see the end of the paddock he blurts out, "You're right, I'm not fine."

He doesn't look at Fayen, who is looking at him. He lets out a sigh and bows his head. He starts fiddling with his bracelets, trying to get out the words. They have come to the exit and need to re-enter the paddock to get out, but Fayen stands still, giving Charles the time to say something if he wants to.

"I'm not, but I don't exactly know why," he says earnestly, voice low. He looks up at her to find an expression he can't read. In comparison to him, she is very good at concealing her emotions and it makes him a little anxious, not knowing what she is thinking. Her expression is soft, without a smile but also without her usual underlying annoyance that Charles' had gotten to know by now.

Then she shrugs with all the nonchalance in the world. "That's okay, you can't always know sometimes you just feel." The words hang between them for a moment, the silence thick and heavy. Then a smirk comes on her face and her usual distance returns. "But you being out of it will give my brother a better chance at outperforming you, so I won't help you further."

He laughs at that and his eyes turn defiant. "Not happening."

She turns to squeeze herself to the exit of the paddock with a glance over her shoulder. Charles follows and they stand for the exit.

"Goodluck tomorrow." With that she exits the paddock leaving a laughing Charles behind. He made his way to the Ferrari hospitality to get his things, feeling much better.

***

He is pushing so hard, as the Haas of Kevin just taunts him. He can't get past. "How am I doing on tyres?" he asks over the radio. He needs to know how long he has before he needs to pit. He feels the mediums melting on the asphalt.

Xavier's voice comes back. "Doing good, keep it like this." If he can create more of a time gap and box later he would have a better chance than pushing now. So Charles keeps his pace, not pushing harder and indeed in a few laps Kevin dives into the pits. Not much later he is called to box as well, but Charles is confident with this decision.

It takes a little longer than Charles likes. He just can't seem to stay ahead of Kevin for long before getting slapped by a counter attack from the Danish. Finally he's had enough from the view on the Haas and he passes again, defending the position with more urgency. This time he manages to stay there. "Fucking finally," he curses under his breath.

"Love the alliteration mate, Stroll is next. One point six in front." Xavier chuckles in his ear and Charles lets out a short laugh before returning to his focus.

When Stroll dives into the pits he gets eager. Pierre is in front of him. He pushes the throttle and feels his competitive nature flare up. He hasn't forgotten Fayen her words from last night and even with a crap qualifying he will be able to show her that he could get Pierre. On top of that, battling Pierre is always fun in the face of friendship so he pushes on with Fayen's smirk in his mind.

"Zero point eight behind Pierre, let's get him," Xavier announces curtly. Charles agrees. Let's do that. He puts pressure on his best friend and he sees that he is gaining even more. He is going to make it. When Pierre tries to defend his right rear tire locks up and it gives Charles the perfect space to pass him.

A triumphant feeling fills him for a moment, which is short lifted as he needs to focus to keep the car steady and bring it to the chequered flag. When he parks in Parc Fermé and gets out he is addressed by Carlos to complain about the car as well. P7 isn't great, but with the weekend Charles has had he needs to find some positive in it and he does when later that day he sees a familiar head of brown waves standing next to the Alpine hospitality.

Fayen spots him as well while waiting for her brother. She grins mischievously at him and tips her head in a mock bow, acknowledging her mistake from the night before. Charles laughs loudly at this which earns him confused looks from Carlos next to him. He waves it off and continues walking away, but he swears he hears someone echoing his laughter behind him.

-  

I can't help myself, I just want them to be happy and fluffy! 
okay the tension will return shortly, promise

Lots of love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 4K 35
"Home is where the heart is" - that's always been true, at least until the year 2017. My life turned upside down when I didn't only lost my mom but...
629K 14.5K 62
Charles had everything planned. Go home, relax with friends, get his head down and focus solely on the biggest year of his career so far. Then Lilly...
510K 5.6K 110
"Sometimes, love isn't enough" In a world where love traingles, toxic relationships and drama can't seem to leave her alone. Warning: some chapters...
1.5M 32.9K 53
.ยทอ™*ฬฉฬฉอ™หšฬฉฬฅฬฉฬฅ*ฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™ใ€€โœฉใ€€*ฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™หšฬฉฬฅฬฉฬฅ*ฬฉฬฉอ™โ€งอ™ . pierre has added ********** to the group "wrong number, mate." ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐: ๐Ÿ‘/๐Ÿ’/๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐ž๐: ๏ฟฝ...