The Night Agent

By bobduncanswife69

Haley is living a boring life, taking in the fallout of her parents death. While staying with her aunt and un... More

Characters
1- The Call
3- Tracking
4- Haven
5- Honesty
6- Alone
7- Power
8- Rewind
9- Cabin
10- Liasions
11- Truths
12- Hurting
13- Alliances

2- Fallout

2K 38 1
By bobduncanswife69

I sat in the passenger seat cradling my legs on the seat. The sky was dark and roads were wet from the light rain. I watched as raindrops trickled down the window. Sighing I looked over at Peter.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked uncomfortably.

"My apartment, I have to stop by and get a few things," he replied glancing over at me awkwardly. I pursed my lips and looked ahead at the road.

"Who do you work for?" I asked tapping my knee.

"The FBI," Peter replied.

"So you know why my aunt and uncle were killed?" I asked looking over at him. His eyes glimmered softly from the street lights. He shook his head.

"I know just as much as you do," He answered. I scoffed and rubbed my face.

"I mean who would do this? Everyone loved them. Come on, you have to know something? You were the one who answered the phone?" I added anxiously as I faced towards him setting my arm on the dash and leaning towards it.

"Look, I have orders not to tell you anything, and for you not to tell me anything, okay?" He said sternly. I sighed and slouched back in the seat crossing my arms. Staring out the window I thought about how quickly my life changed. Everything changed.

We walked into an apartment as I looked around at the modern interior. Peter set his keys on his kitchen counter and turned around facing me.

"Give me your phone," he said rummaging through his pockets. I furrowed my eyebrows and scoffed.

"No" I said bluntly.

"I don't have time for this, I need to make sure you weren't tracked," He replied annoyed. I sighed and pulled my phone out my pocket placing it in his hand.

"There's extra clothes in the closet, furthest bedroom on the left, change and grab clothes for a few days, we leave in two minutes," He said walking towards the living room. I ran my tongue along my teeth and turned around walking to the bedroom. Before walking in I glanced back at him and caught gazes as he awkwardly looked at me before turning around. I walked into the room and opened the closet door. There was a ton of women's clothes hanging up. Why? Is he married? Dating someone? Weird. Grabbing some shirts, jeans, and jackets I shut the closet door and changed into leggings and a sweatshirt. My eyes led to a large array of newspaper articles on the wall.

"My best friend the traitor"

I furrowed my eyebrows and quickly flipped around as footsteps walked in.

"You ready?" Peter asked.

"Yeah," I said softly. He handed me a duffel bag as I shoved my clothes in there. Looking over at his badge on the desk I studied the words. White House.

"You work at the White House? You said you were FBI?" I asked unsteadily.

"I am. I work in a tiny windowless room in the basement," He said. I nodded slowly.

"I want to go somewhere. Maybe a police station or something," I said crossing my arms.

"No, we don't know what's safe, we don't know why your aunt and uncle are dead, or who killed them, okay?" Peter responded. I sighed and stared at him.

"Well then what the fuck am I going to do? I have no idea what's happening and I don't know anything? Fuck this!" I said angrily.

"Look I know, I know you're confused. We don't have time for you to trust me and believe me I don't know much either, but I do know my orders, to protect you with my life, and I'm going to do that, I swear," Peter said firmly. A wave of relief washed over me. I looked up at him and sighed.

"Okay?" He asked raising his eyebrows. I shrugged affirmatively.

"Let's go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49 0 1
After running to the scene of a plane crash in Abu Dhabi, Nick Chevalier stumbles across classified military secrets. A ruthless terrorist will stop...
47.5K 1.4K 35
Haley Emily Reid. Daughter of Melanie and Spencer Reid. Sister of Olivia and Sammy Reid. New FBI agent. Haley is following in the footsteps of her pa...
325 62 12
One human. One wolf. One mission. - Two irreconcilable enemies caught in the midst of a war between the supernatural and the mundane. - Robyn Jolene:...
9.9K 351 15
Warning: this book does contains spoilers. So if you haven't watched the movie No Way Home, do not read it unless you don't mind having spoilers. De...