9- Cabin

"I'll drive," I said going towards the drivers side with the keys.

"Let me drive," Peter said placing his hand out motioning for the keys. I gave him a look of disapproval.

"The men don't always have to drive," I said firmly.

"I know but I'm the one trained in maneuver techniques and counter surveillance," Peter replied taking the keys. I pursed my lips and walked to the passenger side.

"We need to pick up a pre-paid phone on the way too," he said getting in.

"Bullets, too?" I asked shrugging. He gave a soft smile and laughed.

After hovering silence and staring out the window Peter finally said something.

"Where exactly are we going?"

"The woods," I replied giving him a smile. He scoffed and shook his head.

"It's a cabin my aunt and uncle had. My uncles brother Ron built it but left for Japan. So my aunt and uncle took it over and used it to get away, when they wanted peace," I said looking out the window at the tall trees.

"You know you don't have to do all this," Peter said breaking the silence.

"What?" I asked looking over at him.

"Try to figure it out on your own, that's why the FBI exists Haley," Peter added. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at him. He glanced between me and the road.

"I know," I added tapping my hand against my thigh rapidly.

"What happened at the hotel, it's not going to happen again, I promise," Peter said giving me a firm glance. I smiled softly and nodded.

We finally made our way to the cabin. I got out of the car and looked at the wood paneling. Memories came rushing back of my aunt and uncle. They were actually gone. Chills ran down my spine as I put my hands in my pocket.

"You good?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, just cold," I said walking into the cabin. My eyes studied the door frame as I walked over to a small box under a chair and grabbed the key. Opening the front door I pushed it open. Looking around the empty cabin I sighed. My heart pounded as I pictured myself running around in here with my family. I could hear echoes of my young self's giggles.

"It's clean in here, maybe someone's been in here," Peter said looking around.

"Aunt Andrea liked it clean," I said walking around. My hands grazed the couch fabric.

"Let's start looking. Anything you think could be out of place," Peter said shutting the door.

Looking through cabinets I pulled out books and papers. Nothing. I held my head in my hand and leaned onto the counter. This isn't real. I heard mutters from Peter.

"Shit," he whispered. I stood up and looked over at him.

"What?" I asked. My eyes shot to the brick he pulled out of the fireplace. What the hell?

"It's a hard drive," he said. I walked over as he handed it to me. Sitting at the table I pulled out my computer. Plugging it in Peter sat down on the couch. I clicked around. It was encrypted.

"Shit, this is like some high level protection, there's no way I can get into this, not with my computer," I said leaning back in the chair. Peter stood up and walked over. Clicking around files he watched.

"Fuck," he said as I pressed on the last one moving it into a folder. I looked up at him confused.

"What?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"27830, Haley, that's the number of the metro I was on. The one that got bombed," he said pacing. My heart dropped. I looked back at the computer.

"What are your aunt and uncle doing with that?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know?" I asked. He pulled out his phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Calling Farr," he said holding the phone up to his ear.

"Peter, no. We don't know who to trust, what if they track our location or something," I asked.

"I'm calling through Night Agent, it's untraceable," he replied.

"Peter where are you? Is Haley safe?" Farr's voice asked.

"We're safe, everything's fine, listen did you find out who called off her security?" He asked.

"It came from a request on Hawkin's computer. We believe his accomplices were the ones after Haley," Farr replied.

"Well what happens to him now? We have to get some sort of information out of him," Peter said firmly.

"As helpful as that would be, it's a little too late for that. He's dead, he was murdered and left in a field. I'm staring at his body right now," she responded. Peter and I locked eyes. I took a stuttered breath.

"Shot six times," She added. My heart dropped. Peter pursed his lips.

"Six times?" I asked. Same number as my aunt.

"We found a hard drive. We can't crack it here," Peter said. I gave him a hesitant look.

"This is bigger than you think. Peter come in, bring Haley, we can solve this, together," Farr said. He looked up at me. I gave him an unsure look. Shaking my head slowly he took a deep breath before responding.

"We'll be at the white house in an hour."