the path to unseen serenity

By wookiee2187

evelyn zaad has been passed from master to master during the entirety of her padawan training, and now in th... More

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii - operation fortress
xiv - the prophecy fulfilled
xv - epilogue

xiii - two parts to one whole

65 3 0
By wookiee2187

"I really wish Master Plo were here," Anakin says as Yoda and Mace lead a group of the Order's best to the Senate building, their determination burning like stars in their eyes. "He'd help us get out with minimal casualties."

Mace nods, agreeing, "I am  aware, but we need to capitalize on this opportunity right now," Anakin's eyes sweep over the gunship's interior, finding solace in the familiar faces of Obi-Wan, Saesee Tinn, and Yoda himself.

A silent acknowledgment passes between them; not everyone is coming back. And he clings to the hope that they all will.

Anakin looks to Mace with a concerned look on his face. The pain etched on Mace's face speaks volumes, a testament to his resilience and the exchange that the two of them went through the night before.

Anakin's lips tighten with determination, fully aware of the sacrifices that have brought them to this one moment.

"May the Force be with us," he says, his voice reverberating with an almost fervent resolve as the gunship touches down, its engines fading into the roar of battle that surrounds them. The masters explode from the vessel like comets, sprinting toward the heart of the storm.

As they burst into the corridor leading towards Palpatine's office, Evelyn's expression mirrors that of determination and fear.

Her presence strikes Anakin like a lightning bolt, a mix of emotions swirling within him. He rushes to her side, his heart hammering in his chest, a silent promise of protection that overpowers any words that he can share with her.

"He knows," she reveals, and the shock that ripples through the assembled Jedi is as tangible as the air they breathe.

The Jedi look at each other, shock spread across  their faces, "As expected," Anakin says, turning to Obi Wan, sharing a final nod with his master that carries a universe of unspoken sentiments. Together, they stride into the maw of darkness, the weight of their duty hanging heavily in the air.

In the tumultuous symphony of their thoughts, the bond between Anakin and Evelyn pulses with an intimacy known only to them. His love for her echoes through the Force, a whisper of devotion that only they can hear.

And as she draws her lightsaber, her actions are a dance of determination that matches the rhythm of their imminent struggle.

***

The  Jedi rush through the doors, "You fools," Sidious growls, "You really  think I'm a fool not to have a backup plan?" He spits, disgusted at the  Jedi in front of him. From the corners of the office, Dooku and a clone of Anakin Skywalker emerge from the darkness, hatred written all over their faces,  "You really think-"

Palpatine is cut off by Anakin, who barely lifts a finger, throwing him through a wall before Yoda and Mace spring  into action against the Sith Lord.

Anakin and Evelyn take on Dooku while Saesee and Obi Wan lunge towards Vader, determined to end this, once and for all.

Yoda  leaps everywhere around Sidious as the Sith Lord effortlessly blocks  the attacks, careful not to fall into a trap. He force pushes Yoda into a  wall before engaging Windu

Frustrated, Yoda leaps at Sidious,  but Sidious was ready, he effortlessly dodges the Grand Master before  throwing the Jedi out of the window with the force.

Evelyn swings her orange  blade up and around Dooku before catching a right hook to her jaw.  Anakin inhales, going for a jab as Dooku instantly dodges the strike.

Saesee was the first one to go. Obi Wan was using his defense to  defend against a clone of his student who used a very aggressive version  of form five. Saesee was too slow as Vader slices him across the chest.  Obi Wan stays strong, using the impatience of Vader to his advantage,  slowly bringing the clone's offense into a standstill, but not able to gain any  ground.

Anakin uses the same move he used on Maul - well sort of.  Anakin gives himself up, checking up on Evelyn, who was knocked to the floor, turning his back to Dooku, and as Dooku  prepares to strike him down, Anakin ducks, turns, and stabs the fallen  Jedi straight through his back, penetrating the heart, killing him  instantly.

Evelyn instantly jumps towards Vader, locking  blades  with the clone before he lifts her up with the force, throwing her  through a wall. Anakin angrily kicks Vader in the chest as the duel  starts to move into the hallway, giving him more room to destroy the  clone as Obi Wan comes back to engage Vader.

Mace follows suit, drawing Palpatine into the hallway as  the Jedi and Sith lock into a fierce duel just outside the senate  chambers as Anakin leaps into combat with Windu, the two masters moving in total fluidity, but not as fluid as him and Obi Wan

Sidious knows he has to isolate Mace to even have a  chance, so he pushes Anakin through three walls before using a three  point combo, getting Mace down on one knee, ready to kill before Evelyn  rejoins the fight, force pushing Palpatine into the senate chambers,  giving Obi Wan about ten seconds to kill Vader - which he does since  Anakin is running back towards the fight.

Obi Wan flips over Vader  while Anakin uses the force to give his master an extra boost, causing  Vader to jump off of the ground to get a slash in.

And before  Vader can even hit the ground, Anakin slices all of Vader's legs off  before cutting his head off, "Stupid clone," he mutters as the four Jedi  regroup, slowly walking towards the senate chambers, weapons at the  ready.

Palpatine thinks - if he gets Mace and Evelyn out of the  fight, he wins. He lets out another scream, disorienting an exhausted  and severely injured Mace, shooting lightning into Mace's leg before  cutting through the Master of the Order.

Obi Wan is heartbroken at  the loss of one of his close friends, but he soldiers on. He enters his  Sorecu stance as he takes his place on Anakin's right, Evelyn on his  left. The three Jedi creating an arrow, ready to end this evil once and for all.

Anakin  strikes first, going high while Sidious parries the Jedi Master.  Palpatine gets Anakin off balance before striking at Obi Wan,  underestimating the Jedi once again as the master of defense blocks  every single strike with ease before going on the counter attack.

Frustrated,  Sidious kicks Obi Wan across the room, using the force to increase the  power of the kick as Evelyn tries to kick back, trying to catch the Sith Lord off guard.

Bad move.

Sidious catches her leg mid-air with the Force, motioning down to cut her leg off, but Anakin sees this, throwing himself at Sidious, deflecting the Sith Lord's target to her now repaired ankle - a gift from the Mandalorians.

Sidious' blade bounces right off, but he counters as he sends a wave of electricity towards Evelyn, launching her across the senate chambers.

Distracted, Anakin slugs him in the jaw, effectively breaking it,  sending the Sith Lord to the ground before he picks the sith up with the  Force, throwing him into a senate pod, buying himself a moment to catch his breath.

Anakin speaks to Evelyn through their bond, "Are you alright?"

"I'll live," she groans, "Time to end this" she grits out, struggling to get to her feet as Anakin and Obi Wan stand side by side, prepared to launch into an attack.

shit.

Evelyn thinks back to her dream, "No!" She mutters, but it's too late.

Anakin and Obi-Wan soared upward, their figures etched against the backdrop of impending doom. In a cruel twist of fate, Sidious ensnared them both in his malevolent grip with the force, halting their advance.

The Sith Lord's fingers crackled with electric malice as he unleashed a storm of lightning, a searing cascade of dark energy that had the two Jedi withering in pain.

Evelyn jumps down in an attempt to stop the attack, but Sidious uses one hand to freeze her in place, hovering slightly above the two brothers, who are still getting relentlessly electrocuted by the primary source of pain in both of their lives. Anakin tries desperately to free them both from the storm, but he can't move.

The lightning stops, and Anakin expects Palpatine to enter a dialogue, but no. 

Anakin feels a disturbance, looking to his left to see Obi Wan be violently pulled towards Palpatine.

time stands still.

Anakin and Evelyn watch, not able to do anything as Sidious pulls Obi Wan directly into  his blade with ruthless precision, a gut-wrenching echo reverberates through Anakin's soul, his heart dropping to the bottom of his stomach.

His eyes go wide in shock and heartbreak, his shared life with Obi Wan flashing in front of his eyes - a kaleidoscope of memories that painted their unbreakable bond.

The initial struggles, the friendship that blossomed throughout time, battles fought side by side, whispered wisdom shared in moments of quiet reflection - each memory etched with the mark of a brotherhood like no other.

And though he's still being held in a relentless grip, Anakin's knees feel like they dissolve underneath him, the very foundation of his strength crumbling beneath him.

A heart-wrenching wail escaped his throat, carrying the weight of a spirit shattered by grief.

The loss of a friend, a mentor, a brother who was as much a part of him as his own breath.

Evelyn's eyes welled up with unshed tears, her heart aching in silent solidarity with Anakin's anguish. The father she had never had, the pillar of wisdom she had come to admire, had been ruthlessly stolen from their midst by a relentless force of darkness and evil.

Her attempt at unwavering strength for Anakin's sake falters, unable to shield herself from the overwhelming tide of sorrow that threatened to engulf her.

In those harrowing moments, as the shadows of tragedy loomed large, a chilling specter danced at the edge of perception. Evelyn looks at Anakin and feels the embodiment of a consuming rage that mirrored no other.

As Anakin is released from Palpatine's grip, he has absolutely no time to mourn as he pulls his saber to him, igniting it with a glare of ferocity like no other.

Evelyn stands right next to him, her orange blade at the ready, knowing that as long as both of them are on the same page, they will win.

and in that moment, she could have sworn that she saw his eyes flicker yellow....

i am crying a whole ass river.

i've literally spent like at least two months of time on this chapter. and extensive research. and proof read countless times.

i wanted to do the story justice with its climax, hopefully it wasn't too wordy for you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 461 37
π•§π• π•šπ•• - a completely empty space "I'm trapped in the darkness." She whispered into his ear. His arms slipped around her waist, heart aching for h...
101 6 6
Andromeda lost her master in the Battle of Geonosis. Being a Mandalorian Jedi has been a difficult journey, and it only gets worse when she is reassi...
3.8K 36 16
Terri Walder is a Padawan in training by her master and mother figure Summer Rose. But when she travels to Tatooine with Qui-Gon, her two best friend...
19K 354 28
When a mission nearly goes tragically wrong during the last spasms of the Clone Wars, it proves a catalyst for Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan Learn...