(Rarely updated!) All Things...

By TheMemoriesWeCreated

I will be doing all things Twisted Wonderland here (except for smut). So that means, whatever you all reques... More

Request here!
A/N
Progress Checker
HeadCannons:
How they would react to midnight concerts
How They Would React if You Trip In Front of Them
Random Headcannons
Character x Reader Fanfictions
Everything is Temporary (Kalim x Fem!Reader)
Scared of Losing You (Malleus x GN! Reader)
Misunderstandings (Jamil x GN!Reader)
Pardon our First Interaction (Ace x Fem!reader)
The Last Poem (Rook x GN!Reader)
He Has a Soft Spot? ((Platonic! Sebek x Sibling!reader))
Still the One ((Onesided! Vil x GN!Reader))
Soulmates? What A Stupid Idea! (Epel x GN! Reader)
Adolescence (Riddle x Fem!Reader)
Forever In My Heart (Lilia x GN!Reader)
Pastries and Confessions (Trey x GN!Reader)
You're Not So Bad After All (Neige x GN!Reader)
Are You Sure You're Not Bored Of Me? (Floyd x Fem!Reader)
Character x Character Fanfictions
All Because of a Game (Ace x Deuce)
Random:
TWST characters as songs I've listened to before
Diasomnia plays Risk
The First Years and Their Sleepover
Strangely In Character Quotes

Hey! Hey! Hey! (Cater x Male!Reader)

305 11 1
By TheMemoriesWeCreated

A/N:  This oneshot is based off Nee Nee Nee by PinocchioP.))

Y/N is a student of Ignihyde, a dorm that was known to be full of introverts, so, how did he get to know Cater Diamond who was one of the largest extroverts of Night Raven College?  

Y/N, like any student was forced to select a club like any other student in NRC and always had an interest in creating Electronic Dance Music.  Just the thought of working with equipment such as synthesizers or samplers was enough for him to suck up his fear of extroverts and join the Pop Music Club.  Afterall, there were only three members, what could go wrong?  

Apparently, everything.  Lilia was screaming into the microphone as usual and it was a wonder how Kalim could keep up on the drums.  Y/N was now having second thoughts about why he decided to join the club, but supposed that it was his fault for submitting his application without any sample of what he was getting into. Somehow, Cater noticed his discomfort and took a walk with him.  

Since then, the two have been close and Cater even helped Y/N set up his own Magicam account.  In fact, Y/N could even say he had feelings for Cater, however, he hid them and tried to convince himself that his feelings were platonic.  

The duo was recognized everywhere in NRC and everyone knew they were the best of friends.  They were always seen partnered up in projects, walking in halls together and eating lunch together.  Cater even let Y/N see the tired side of him that he let nobody else see.  It seemed as if they were joined at the hip as even their Magicam feed was filled with selfies of the duo smiling and laughing.  It even got to the point where the two had matching profile pictures on Magicam.

However, with all friendships, the two slowly began to drift apart. . .

Y/N mentioned Cater once again to get his attention so the two could resume their conversation.  The two had been talking since before dawn, but, both sides felt like they were alone.  

Y/N attempted to start up a conversation and thought of the most random conversation starter, knowing that Cater would totally be down to respond. 

Magicam DM'S

Y/N: Heyyyyyyy, do you also get random cravings for chocolate?

Cater: Don't you think girls without make up are the best?

Y/N  Immediately flinched when he saw Cater change the subject.  Maybe he just doesn't want to answer anything about sweet things?  Y/N suddenly remembered that Cater didn't really like sweet stuff and face-palmed.  Of course he wouldn't answer such a stupid question, no matter how kind he was!

Cater internally face palmed when he saw Y/N send a message just as he pressed the send button on his.  He just hoped that Y/N wasn't assuming anything bad from that random subject change. 

The two immediately began to converse, with Cater taking a long time to respond because he was scrolling on magicam and was getting spammed with DMs from his followers.  The conversation somehow shifted to Crowley.

Magicam DMs 

Y/N:  Crowley's getting on my nerves, he really needs to learn how to stop forcing his troubles onto Ramshackle's prefect!  But, he's also kind of chill, so, I don't think I want him sacked. . . Yet-

Y/N:  What do you think?

Y/N waited for a while for Cater's reply and eventually grew impatient.  He was already annoyed that Cater took at least ten minutes to reply to his previous messages, but, at the fifteen minute mark, it was getting ridiculous!  Cater's status showed he was online, so, why was he taking so long to reply?  

The next day, Y/N and Cater hung out during class and Y/N was trying to show Cater a funny cat video while Cater was watching your reactions instead of the video,  "Cater, you're looking, right?"  Y/N asked.  

Cater finally snapped his attention back to the video, "Yes, of course I'm looking!  The cat's very photogenic!"  He observed, nervously laughing,

Y/N sighed, "It's alright to say that you aren't interested in the video, you know?"  Cater shook his head,

"No, it's fine, I'm interested?"  Cater  reasoned.  The two went back to watching the video.

During lunch, the duo was sitting together and Y/N was telling a story while making exaggerated gestures.  This caused Cater to laugh and Y/N to cross his arms, "I'm telling a story about how Crewel gave me extra homework?  How is that funny?"

Cater shrugged, "It kind of is with the way you're telling it?"

At the end of the day, the two met up,

"How was the rest of your day?"  Y/N asked,

"Fine, I guess."  

"Just fine?  Are you sure you're feeling alright?"

"I feel happy?"

Y/N sighed.  It certainly felt like Cater wasn't listening to them anymore.  This whole day, he was dropping hints to Cater that he liked him, however, he was unsure if Cater was even picking them up at this point.

Again, the two were staying up past dawn, tagging each other in Magicam feeds and in DMs to reach each other faster.  However, things were even more strained as Y/N wondered if Cater was even listening to him.  He felt as if this was only a one-sided conversation and Cater was busy just scrolling away on Magicam.  He sighed as he saw that Cater tagged him in a video.  So, it was true that Cater wasn't paying attention to him.  Y/N decided to watch the video to see what in the Twisted Wonderland Cater was watching.  He was then redirected to a video titled, "How to Confess to Your Crush."  

Y/N was even more confused and sent a DM

The Magicam DMs:

Y/N:  Sooooo, you want me to wingman or third wheel?

Cater: . . . Haha, never mind that, I accidentally sent that to the wrong person-

Cater sighed. Well, he screwed that confession up.  It was clear that both people were extremely inexperienced when it came to dropping hints and confessing.  One might even call them a bit shy with the approaches they took.  Cater believed that everyone in this world had a soulmate and he was so convinced that Y/N was his, until recently.  He began to feel more alone in these conversations he had with him.  

The Magicam DMs:

Y/N: You feeling alright?  You almost never send the wrong things to the wrong people-

Cater:  Yeah, yeah, just great!  What about you?

Y/N: I feel just fine-

Cater stared at that message in relief, glad that their conversations weren't draining Y/N too much.  Unfortunately, he stared at the message long enough for his phone to turn off.  He sighed and put in his password once more.

Magicam DMs:

Cater:  My phone just turned off and I had to put in my password!  It's so annoying, right?

Y/N:  It keeps our phones safe???  Also, today Crowley finally installed a GPS system on all the school brooms in case students go out of control!  Isn't that useful?

Cater decided to try to confess once more,

Cater:  The moon is beautiful tonight, right?

Y/N:  What does that have to do with tech??????

Cater:  Oh, you do realize I'm talking about something else, right?

Y/N:  Ohhhhhh, yeah! 

Cater:  . . .  You do understand, right?

Y/N:  Of course!

Cater:  When was the last time you watched a romance Anime?

Y/N:  A while ago???

Cater sighed, so that's why he wasn't reacting to the confession.  Y/N needed to watch more romance Anime.  Not even Anime, even a drama would do. 

The next day at school, Cater could tell that Y/N was feeling a little bit down, "If you need a listening ear, I can always talk!"  Cater offered,

"Huh?  But, I'm fine???"  Y/N lied.  In truth, Y/N was growing more and more upset over how distanced the two had grown.  

Cater was actually trying hard in flight to impress Y/N, who was busy talking to Idia.  'Why couldn't he just look at me for one second?' Cater thought.  He was even getting sweaty, which, was in his opinion, the worst experience ever.  

Y/N and Idia were busy talking about the strange DMs that Cater sent last night,

"It's just like a romance anime!  Confess!"  Idia stated,

"No way, that would be like, the worst feeling ever!  Besides, what if I want to hide these embarrassing feelings?"

"Well, you get excited every time you two talk, shiny extroverts like that are going to notice!  He probably already knows-"

"What the-  I thought I covered that up-"

"Extroverts were born on a different planet!  They'll notice things like that!  They even speak a different language!"

". . . I think that's just because you don't have the words, 'party', or, 'gathering,' in a dictionary-"  Y/N pointed out.

After school, Cater decided to hang out with Kalim, "Look!  There's a shooting star!"  Kalim yelled, running over to the balcony to wish on it.  Cater followed and wished for Y/N to reciprocate his feelings.  It felt strange as he usually kept those feelings buried.  He was unsure if these feelings were even his own anymore.  At this point, Cater knew that Y/N and him were close, but, he was also not oblivious to the fact that Y/N was keeping some sort of distance in these past few days.  

The next day, Cater decided to approach Y/N about the distance he left between the two of them.  "Y/N, are you sure everything's completely fine?"  Cater asked.  Y/N nodded,

"Yes, I just have other friends I want to spend time with."  Cater felt a little hurt by that response.  He knew that Y/N was allowed to have other friends, but, the way Y/N worded that was kind of saying that Cater wasn't good enough company for him,

"So. . . You want more attention from other people?" Cater asked and immediately face-palmed.  "Ah- that came out wrong!  I wasn't thinking when I worded that-"

"It's fine, it's fine.  I suppose someone who can't understand that people can have other friends could get hurt by something like that-"  Y/N sighed, also getting a little hurt by the fact that Cater indirectly called him an attention seeker.  "Look, I didn't mean what I just said. . ."  Y/N trailed off, not wanting to make matters worse by speaking

The two just stared at each other, daring not to say a word and make the situation worse.  

"Look, I am upset, I'll give you that."  Y/N admitted.  Cater just silently listened, motioning for them to continue, "I know that we're growing apart and it's getting more awkward for us to speak and I want to apologize for that. . ." 

 Y/N wondered if he should confess and just get the reason that things have been so awkward out.  Afterall, he could only say that he didn't care about his feelings so many times before it turned into an excuse to stay in the realm of safety.  Y/N decided that now wasn't the time and continued, "I keep on mentioning you every day and you're so slow to respond!  I get five to ten minutes isn't a big deal but once you're online and I'm waiting, fifteen, actually twenty minutes for a response, it's getting ridiculous!  The thing is, I know you care because we're staying up past dawn trying to speak, but, somehow, I still feel like I'm just talking to myself!  Especially when you just change the subject and send some strange DMs."

Cater's eyes widened in surprise, he didn't mean to hurt him like that!  He just got buried in DMs and was having a hard time trying to find Y/N's.  "That's my bad!  You see, those weird DMs were me. . . Trying to confess.  I went about it wrong, though!  It totally gives off the vibe of someone who's inexperienced and shy with their feelings! The wait was because I was trying to find your contact-"

". . . Confess what, exactly?"

"Can I finish?"

"Right, sorry!  Go on!"

"Even though we talk, I've noticed you build up a wall and distance yourself and now I'm feeling all alone!"  Cater added.

Y/N felt guilty.  Although both parties were at fault, Y/N knew he caused the friendship to become so strained.  ". . . That's because. . . I sort of. . . have. . . feelings for you-"  He managed to finally get his confession out,

Cater's eyes widened once again.  He was considered a playboy outside of NRC and had gotten many confessions before, however, this one felt different.  His own crush actually liked him back!  Y/N on the other hand decided to dig a little deeper because he realized that not communicating was what ended up tearing the two away from each other,

". . . So, would you like to go visit this new limited Anime Cafe with me this weekend? As like a date?"  Y/N asked,

Cater nodded eagerly, "Let's make sure to get a bunch of pics for Magicam!  I can't wait to tell all our followers that we're dating, do you think that'll make us go viral???"

Y/N laughed, "I have no idea-"

Ace cleared his throat, "So, that was the lamest confession I've ever seen!  If you two are going to confess in the cafeteria, you might as well make it good so everyone won't have to suffer!"

Cater just ignored Ace, "Let's take a picture to commemorate!"  He pulled Y/N closer and took a selfie.  ". . . And, it's uploaded!  Don't forget to give it a like!"  

The two continued to take selfies together until the bell rang.  A bunch of them went trending as the whole 'friends to lovers' dynamic was trending on Magicam. 

The lovers got the ending they wanted and everyone else was glad to see the duo's moods were finally lifted.  It was a headache for the teacher though as Cater wanted to take couple selfies every five minutes during class.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 433 22
Do you lack a father figure? A mother figure? Both? If Genshin Impact characters were your parent! Requests are open I am not responsible for the par...
2.2M 115K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
3.1K 80 5
The love of Crona's life, has faced peril. Find out in this heart-warming story how love cures her injuries and brings Crona and her back together ag...
47.8K 1K 12
"๐Œ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐œ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ค ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ... ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฆ๐ž." เฟ‡----เฟ‡ |You are a Legendary Cookie who unfortunately suffe...