𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚂𝚎𝚛�...

By Benzita13

ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ sᴇʀɪᴇs(sᴛs) "𝑈𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑤𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒, 𝑤𝑒 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑢𝑝 �... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CAST
°1°
°2°
°3°
°4°
°5°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°10°
°11°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
°16°
°17°
°18°
°19°
°20°
°21°
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
°26°
°27°
°28°
°29°
°30°
°31°
°32°
°34°
°35°
°36°
°37°
°38°
°39°
°40°
°41°
°42°
°43°
°44 A°
°44 B°
°45°
°46°
°47°
°48°
°49°
°50°

°33°

216 35 4
By Benzita13

° ° ° ° ° °
AIDAN:
° ° ° ° ° °
I knew I was meant to mind my business and stay by the door instead to wait for Samuel when I had seen Otamayomi walk out of the school field looking really down.
Down wasn't the right word to fix her expression on, the look on her face was hard to put a finger on as when I looked at her, I was struck with the intense emotions of anger and dread.

By the time I'd noticed her presence, she was already staring back at me, and the first thing I noticed was the fact that she wasn't okay. I saw the raw intensity of what she must have been feeling when I looked into her eyes, and it hit me hard.

She tore her gaze from me and stormed out of the sports field, through the door. My legs moved on their own accord and I found myself walking after her.

Just as Tammy walked into the Seniors block and I was about to go in, after her, a hand gripped my wrist and I stopped, turning around slowly. I raised a brow.

"I'm sad too, Aidan."

I looked back at the entrance of the Senior's block, then, back to Mandel. "We'll talk later, okay."

"No!" She exclaimed. "I want you to give me just as much attention as you're giving her!"

I tilted my head, my brows still raised, then, pulled my hands out of her grip and moved back. "People that take pleasure in seeing others miserable don't deserve my attention."

I turned around to move again but she held me by my wrist. I furrowed my brows and turned slowly, looking down at her.

"I've been in this school way longer than she has, we've been project partners before, I'm your music partner. You're supposed to be with me, not her!" She exclaimed.

I didn't say anything but rather looking down at my wrist she held and back to her, my brows still furrowed. She pulled her hand immediately away.

"Wasn't she your friend? Why're you talking about her like you've never liked her?" I asked, calmly.

"Of course I liked her, until she started spending more time with you than me. I mean, you don't expect me to still be friendly with her after she's tried to take you from me, do you?"

I raised a brow and tilted my head again, unabashedly amused. The boldness this girl had to tell me she owned me before Otamayomi came to the school.

"I was never yours, Mandel. Not now, not ever."

And I've made that very clear before.

She looked at me dumbstruck, she moved her lips but they didn't will her to speak. She was rooted to the spot. I scoffed, rolling my eyes at her and turned to walk into the Senior's block which wasn't very far from where we stood.

When I had gotten near the entrance, about stepping in, Mandel yelled. "Why do you like her so much? What's she good for? She's worth nothing! She couldn't even handle her health problems right! She's so rude and insultive! Tell me, Aidan. Why wouldn't you look at me the way you look at that cheap thing!!"

I stopped walking, my brows deeply narrowed and I could feel my jaws clench as I gritted my teeth with my lips shut. Mandel stormed towards me, hands on her waist with an eye brow raised.

"Answer me." She said.

With my brows still narrowed, I turned around slowly and shoved my hands in my pockets. "I'm not going to waste my time on this Mandel. You want a straight answer?"

She nodded.

"Well." I started. "It's simple, really. That cheap thing?" I paused, lowering my head down to Mandel's height and leaning closer to her and I watched her gulp at my act.

I whispered. "That 'cheap thing' is everything you could never be."

I moved up to my full height, not caring to take note of her expression as I turned around and made my way into the Senior's block.

I got to the door of my classroom and paused briefly when I spotted Otamayomi. She wasn't crying, she didn't look angry. She just had her elbows propped on her desk with her fingernails digging into her hair and her eyes closed.

I moved away from the door and made my way to the cafeteria. When I had gotten in there — which was empty, by the way — I went to the part of the cafeteria where snacks were sold and bought one meatpie, two egg rolls and a bigi drink, then, walked back to the classroom.

When I got to the door, I found her in the same position but I heard her sniff and I saw drops of tears fall down to her laps.

I sighed and walked towards her, grabbed a seat and moved it near her chair. She raised her head slowly, not looking very suprised to see me, then, took the same position again.

"Bought you these." I said, dropping the bag of snacks I'd bought.

She looked down at the items, then back to me. "What for?" She muttered, almost inaudibly.

"You look down, sometimes eating cheers people up. Well, it works for Ayomide." I shrugged, smiling at her.

She looked down at it, then, rested her head on her desk and looked back at me again. "I don't want it, thanks. I lost my appetite."

I chuckled. "C'mon, have you eaten the egg roll before? It's really delicious."

She shook her head.

"Then try it. You got it for free anyways." I persisted, still, she shook her head.

"Okay then." I said, then, brought a desk right next to hers. I rested my head on it, unintentionally shortening the distance between us. She blinked at me for a while.
"What are you doing?" She whispered.

I smiled a bit. "Wanna talk about what's wrong?"

She kept silent for a minute and I took that as a sign that she didn't want to speak.

"Mandel knows about Joel. About me, like, the real me." She croaked.

I looked back at her, seeing the dread swimming through the pool of brown that filled her eyes and the anger slowly subsiding as she looked back at me, quietly.

"You know what might make you feel better right now?" I whispered, smiling at her a bit. She shook her head, blinking at me.

I looked at her for a while, then, sat back up and reached for my phone, quickly moving through a list of songs after typing words on a search button and connecting my ear piece to the phone. I took one ear piece and put it in her left ear after she sat up, then, the other, in my right. I tapped on the song to play.

"I love this song." She said, lowly, a small smile tugging at her lips. She shut her eyes and moved her head slowly and gently to the rhythm of the music.

I had put the song Abcdefu by Gayle for her to listen to. It seemed like a song she could relate to, and maybe, one to take her unhappiness away.

By the time it had gotten to the chorus, her smile was wiped off and her expression seemed almost blank and she began to sing, lowly, almost inaudibly.

"A b c d e fuck you,
And your mum,
And your sister,
And your job,
And your broke ass car,
And that shit you call art.

Fuck you,
And your friends,
That I'll never see again.
Everybody but your dog,
You can all fuck off."

She let out a small laugh which almost sounded like a scoff, and some seconds later, she sang the chorus again with her voice still really low and the small smile tugging at her lips.

I chuckled softly, glad that the song was working but then, it seemed the song was stopped and discontinued as she pulled off the ear piece and dropped the phone. I furrowed my brows and looked from her to the phone.

"Did something go wrong?" I asked, worried. She shook her head and smiled warmly.

"I just realized I've been doing a horrible job, crying because of a jerk. People vent about these things in songs but here I am, crying cos of a jerk." She shook her head and scoffed.

Her eyes fell on the snacks I bought for her and she picked up an egg roll, handing me the second. "Here." She said. "It was really nice of you to do this. Thanks."

I chuckled, resting my head on the desk, staring up at her. I took the egg roll she offered and broke it in half. Then, put one half into her mouth and smiled. "You're welcome but don't offer me something I bought for you. It's yours."

She rolled her eyes and smirked, chewing on the half egg roll I put in her mouth. "Whatever." She said.

I remained silent, letting her enjoy herself. I was glad the music cheered her up, it was surprisingly easy to do that this time, compared to the other times she cried lengthily.

Each time I saw her down like that, I could never help but think;

Damn. Joel did a thing on her.

It was about time she knew her worth and the people that were never destined to deserve her.

I smiled at the thought.

She looked away from the board she'd been staring at and rested her gaze on me, her brows narrowed as she continued to chew on the snacks.

"Why're you staring at me like that?" She asked.

I raised a brow and my head, resting it on my upright arm placed on the desk as I listened to her breathing. "How am I staring at you?"

She shrugged. "Like, I'm some kind of celebrity or VIP you just met. You were looking at me like you were staring in awe at some celebrity."

"You could say that." I smiled and shrugged. "When you discover something different and uniquely beautiful, you don't even realize you're staring too much cos no matter how much you look, you can never get enough."

She giggled, using her palms to cover her mouth. "For goodness sake, Aidan. Be real."

"I am being real, Otamayomi." I said, softly. "I see a crown endowed on your head each time I see you."

I paused. "When I look at you, I see a Queen."

She blinked at me in surprise and disbelief at what I said. She didn't have to, I meant everything I said and she had to know that. Her glistening brown eyes stared back at me, dumbfounded and it felt as though it's attractive force was pulling me closer until I realized I was inching closer.

"I'm no Queen, Aidan. Not even close." She let out a laugh, sounding more like a scoff and looked away.

I placed my fingers on her chin and moved her face to me, staring back at her. And I was hit with the incredible truth, that her eyes were things I couldn't ignore. They had to be the most gorgeous set of eyes ever seen.

A smile tugged at my lips. "You're much more than you know, Otamayomi. When you realize it, the truth would seem a lot brighter to you. And you would see yourself, the way I see you."

She didn't say anything afterwards but rather stared on in silence, lowering her head and shaking it in complete disbelief at my words.

I stared back at her, awaiting a statement or question from her. Then, someone clapped and that was followed by loud laughing. I turned around to see Ayomide staggering into the classroom, still laughing.

When he was done, he had a sheepish smile on as he looked back at Otamayomi and I.

"Omo, Aidan and Tammy. You just dey dash her compliments and she go dey blush. Wetin una dey talk?" He said and laughed again. "Don't worry, Me? I go love."

I narrowed my brows at Ayomide, then raised a brow at him. "Guy, you're mad. My friend was down and I was trying to cheer her up."

He nodded disbelievingly. "I hear you. You and I are gonna have a talk about this after class." He laughed. "Thought it was guys before gals."

I raised a brow at him and chuckled. "Bro, what are you even talking about — You know what, later. We'll talk later."

"Ah?! You want me to go?"

"You're free to stay."

"But you said you want me to go. Why do you want me to go, I just got here." He looked at Otamayomi and then back to me and slowly, a mischievous grin spread wide on his face.

"Ooh, I get it." He said, giving me a thumbs up.

"Tammy." He called, his grin still in tact. "I greet you oo. Soon, I'll be calling you my sister-in-law."

She scrunched her face and narrowed her brows at him. "Ayo, sometimes I worry for you. So, in your mind now, you're making sense."

He chuckled loudly and shook his head, then sauntered off to his seat.

I shook my head at that boy. Ayomide, he was something else.

I looked back at Otamayomi and listened in silence. I furrowed my brows and tilted my head to the side.

"You're wheezing."

She looked taken a back for a moment, about to mutter the word 'What?' when she paused and gave a knowing look. She sighed.

"Yeah, comes with my condition. It makes me wheeze when I'm breathing."

My brows were still furrowed and I rested my head on the desk. "Must be uncomfortable having to wheeze each time you breath."

She shrugged. "I'm use to it so it doesn't bother me much."

I nodded. My phone buzzed inside my pocket.

"Excuse me." I told her, standing up as I glanced at the caller ID.

Samuel. It displayed.

I walked off and answered the call.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I laid on my bed in my room, as I played a soccer game, earnestly playing to beat my opponent.

A knock came at the door and I answered in response.

"Come in." I said. The door was pushed open and Aunty Fatima walked inside, hrr white hijab being the first thing I noticed.

"Good evening." I greeted, my eyes and focus still on the game but after a while of silence, I noticed she hadn't replied. I moved my phone away from my face and she came into view.

She had her slender, wrinkled fingers placed on her hip as she gazed at me frustratedly.

"What?" I asked.

"Your father called." She said.

I furrowed my brows and sat up on the bed. "So?"

"You've been missing your therapy sessions."

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Young man, you have to stop doing that." She said, her small voice going up by an octave. "How do you expect to heal?"

"Aunt, I take my medications, that's why it was given. I don't need to go meet up with some stranger and open up about my past. It's stu—"

The look she gave me had me shutting my mouth up immediately. "It's unnecessary." I corrected.

She sighed and sat down beside me. "I'm getting too old for your stubborness, Aidan. You stress me each time you make me shout."

Her words, her weak frame couldn't make me annoyed any longer than I hoped it would. She honestly looked tired, I'd been too deep in my head and busy with things at school, I hadn't been paying much attention to her. I felt a pain at my heart just looking at her.

I sighed, looking down at the floor. "I'm sorry, Aunt Fatima."

"If you really are, attend your therapy sessions, please. For the sake of your Father." I fought the urge to roll my eyes, the man that always had me wondering if he did or didn't care for me.

"For the sake of your mother's, Aidan and your sister. I know you still love them a whole lot. They've always wanted the best for you, do you think they would be happy seeing you do this to yourself?"

Her statement got me and for a moment my body went still, replaying her words over and over again in my head.

I looked up at her slowly, at her tired pleading eyes and I sighed. "I'll go for it." I said.

She looked pleased but her eyes held a hint of doubt in them. "I promise." I told her.

Slowly, she smiled at me and it tugged at my heart and filled me with warmth. I pulled her in for a hug, my head resting on her shoulder.

"I don't know what I'd have done without you Aunty Fatima. I'd have probably killed myself by now." I chuckled flatly.

She patted me slowly at my back. "Then, I'm glad I'm here for you."

I moved away from her and smiled. "You need a break."

She looked at me perplexed and I laughed. "You need a break Aunt, you look so stressed. It isn't good for old age."

She giggled. "I just do my work in this place, it's not stress."

"Naa." I said, shaking my head. "You should go and change, I'm taking you out."

"What?"

"Yeah." I said. "You've been cooped up on this house doing work for too long. You need a break."

"B-but it's my job."

I groaned. "Aunt, stop being impossible. I'm taking you to the spa."

She kept silent for a while and I looked at her pleading. "What if your dad found out? He wouldn't be too happy knowing one of his workers left their jobs—"

"And do what? Fire you? He can't when I'm here." I said. She smiled warmly again and I couldn't help but reciprocate her act.

"C'mon. Go change."

She giggled and shook her head. "Young man you're —"

"Making you a very happy woman. I know."

She giggled and shook her head, then walked away from my room. I smiled still staring at the open door, she had passed through to go out.

I have no idea what I would've done without Aunt Fatima.

She's been the best to me. Honestly.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Been long I updated. I think it's been a month since my last update, I'm not sure.

So, a new chapter's been dropped and...who remembers who Aunt Fatima is? She was mentioned in one of the beginning chapters.

So, while Aidan and Tammy are getting closer and the chemistry's building up...are we to make ship names now?😂If you've got one, let me know in the comments.

Mandel on the other hand wants the attention that Aidan gives to Tammy. She's letting out her frustration on Tammy, who knows what she's gonna do next?

And Ayomide, you just have to love the guy😂He's the book's werey, abi? Or does he deserve another title?

I have to go now, I hope I update soon enough so for now, I say, See you soon.

Love,
Benzita13

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 79.8K 98
We're all broken, all beautifully Imperfect. They say these would be the best days of our lives but does that mean it could be the worst too? For a t...
8.2K 1.4K 10
~ SEQUEL TO TOO MANY BROKEN THINGS ~ The beginning of the new school term is far from anticipated when a number of final year students are planning t...
1.8K 263 14
ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ sᴇʀɪᴇs(sᴛs) One unexpected incident was enough to have Otamayomi Ilori utterly torn apart and shaken. It happened so sudd...
24.1K 3.5K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...