My Accidental Marriage

By cupcakes6621

Started: November 12, 2023 Ended: Status: Ongoing Editing: When story ends Description: People say accident... More

Chapter 1| Lost Hope
Chapter 2 | Traveling
Chapter 3| Accidentally bounded
Chapter 4 | Decision
Chapter 5| Wedding
Chapter 7| First Morning
Chapter 8| Blessing Of God
Chapter 9| Going Home
Chapter 10| New Home
Chapter 11| Visit to old life
Chapter 12 | First Conversation
Chapter 13| Telling our Friends
Chapter 14| Bonding
Chapter 15| Legally Married
Chapter 16| Small Outing
Chapter 17| Cricket Match
Chapter 18| Gossips
Chapter 19| Committed!
Chapter 20| New experiences
Chapter 21| Inner Storm
Chapter 22| Planning
Chapter 23|Flight
Chapter 24| Bali
Chapter 25| Comfort Zone?
Chapter 26| Aloha Swing
Chapter 27| Drunken Mistake
Chapter 28| Dance
Chapter 29| Swimming Lessons
Chapter 30| My Khush
Chapter 31| A day at the Beach
Chapter 32| Caring Husband
Chapter 33| Staying in
Chapter 34| Worried
Chapter 35| Diving into the Past
Chapter 36| Comforting Arms
Chapter 37| Coming closer
Chapter 38| Nightlife

Chapter 6| Sleepless Night

1.3K 97 37
By cupcakes6621

Manish kept looking at his Dadu while his eyes yelled so many words but his mouth stayed closed. Dadu understood their inner turmoils but he also understood the situation as of now and that they can't keep running from it.

Khushi watched as Rohan kept her bag in Manish's room and took his things out and kept it in Dadu's room. Khushi wanted Manish to say something. Her eyes screamed to tell them to stop this. She felt she would have a heart attack with the rate of her heart beating so fast.

Dadu:"Ok.. Lets head to bed. It had been a long day. (He started to head to his room but stopped and turned to the new couple again)"Beta tomorrow morning we have to head to the Temple. There is a famous temple near by and I want you both to gain the blessing for your new life before we head home. So please be ready by 9 tomorrow"(He said before he headed in and shut the door)

Khushi and Manish stood in the hallway still having a hard time taking everything in. God know how long they stood there before Manish heard footsteps approaching the stairs of that floor. He ran his hands through his hair in frustration before he used the card to again open the door to his room and started to head in but stopped and turned to see his new wife standing there tugging on her saari pallu. He sighed as he cleared his throat making Khushi look up. He moved in leaving the door open while Khushi gulped suddenly feeling her throat drying up. She slowly walked in and as she pulled on the door, It automatically swung behind her and shut close.

As Khushi entered she saw the normal Hotel room.  1 Queen size bed was in the middle with a Tv stand in front of it. One on side of the bed was a large window while the other side lead to the washroom area. As she entered she noticed the bathroom door closed making her realize that Manish was in the washroom. She walked over to the bed and sat at the edge as she tied to calm herself down. By the bedside table was a bottle of water. She picked it up as she gulped the whole bottle down.  She exhaled a long breath as she looked for her phone in her bag. She took out her phone.

The phone which was originally her cousin brothers old phone and had got passed to her when it was broken to the point that the screen couldn't even be seen clearly. Luckily she was able to get a new screen on it with few birthday money she received from her bua. Though it was still old and outdated. She was able to use the calling and messaging function which was all she needed it for.

Khushi dialed her Dadi's number as she prayed it to be received. After few rings or so the call was received but with a lot of network issues.

Khushi :"Hello dadi?"

Dadi:"H..Heheelo beta? I can't hear properly"

Khushi :"Dadi are you on the train?"

Dadi:"Huh? Y..Yes yes .....train.."

Khushi :(she sighed with all this network issues)"I miss you Dadi"

Dadi:"Beta.. I am there only.. in your heart.. hello Khushi can you hear me now"(She asked as the network issues cleared)

Khushi :"yes dadi"

Dadi:"good. Baccha don't worry everything will be fine. Beta don't be scared of them. They are your new family now"

Khushi :"but what if they turn out like chacha chachi"

Dadi:"I know they won't baccha. Beta be calm and follow your heart. If you follow your heart and try your best in each relation they will soon realize your kind soul. Beta my heart says that Damaad ji is the one for you. He is the solution to all your problems. "

Khushi :"I..I will try dadi"

Dadi:"good.. now go sleep baccha. It's late. I'll call you tomorrow when we reach home"

Khushi :"hmm. bye"(She said as she ended the call)

Khushi kept her phone on charge as she calmed herself down trying to encourage herself before she opened her bag to find something to wear for the night. Meanwhile Manish also struggled with his emotions inside the washroom.

As he entered her heard the Main gate close behind him. He moved towards the sink as he washed his face. He looked up at the guy in the mirror. He was the same person yet he felt so different from before. Just in few hours how his life had taken this turn. He felt angry very angry, but at who? Even he wasn't sure. He wanted someone to blame for this. He wanted to scream and shout, let out his frustration but he couldn't.

At first he felt angry that that girl. Only if she hadn't been at the wedding. Only if she watched where she ran. Only if her stupid duppata hadn't got tangled with his watch. Only if she had refused to this marriage. Only if he could blame her. But he knew she wasn't at fault. In fact she was as much of a victim as he was. He knew she is already very scared and didn't deserve any of his anger. He sighed as he leaned onto the sink slab and closed his eyes. His mind would blast will all these thoughts.

His mind went to his dadu's words. To trust him. Manish trust his Dadu more then he trusted anyone in this world. Even himself. He ran his hand through his hair as he again looked at himself in the mirror.

Manish:"I need to shut my brain down"(He said as he decided to not think of anything else tonight)

He soon exited the washroom still in his wedding outfit as he forgot to take his nightwear inside. He noticed his wife trying to find something in the suitcase. He cleared his throat as he noticed her jump and stand up with few cloths in her hand.

Manish:"you.. you can use the washroom"

He said awkwardly as Khushi nodded and shut her suitcase before taking her cloths and heading to the washroom while Manish stood there cringing at himself .

Manish:(mimicking himself)"you can use the washroom.. Why the hell would you say that you duffer. She doesn't need your permission to use the washroom"

He headed to his suitcase and took out his grey pajamas and a white shirt. He changed in the room only before putting his phone on charge as it was almost dead. As he sat on the bed with his phone on charge next to him only, he scrolled through Instagram. He needed to get his mind of things.

While as Khushi stood in the washroom, She looked at herself in the mirror. She didn't recognize the girl in front of her. Was she even a girl anymore. Or was is a woman now. A married woman. She looked at herself in the red saari with the Mangalsutra around her neck and the red sindoor filling her hairline reminding her of her changed status now. She was no longer Khushi Sharma. She was Khushi Malhotra now.  Her hands went to her mangalsutra as she closed her eyes holding on it while a tear fell from her eyes. While her eyes were closed, she saw her parents smiling at her as they stood in each others arms.

Khushi :"I miss you mumma..I miss you papa"(She said as she opened her eyes.)

Khushi sighed as she wiped her tears, and started to change into her nightwear. She had picked out a black pajama and white shirt to go with it. She unpinned her Pallu from her shoulder and pulled out her plates of her saari. She then changed into her nightwear. She pulled all the pins in her hair and started to fully open her hair. She ran her and through her long hair trying to untangle them. She took off all the other jewelry other then her mangalsutra and used the makeup wipes that Rajshri has given her to take off her make up.

Rajshri had given Khushi few extra makeup and other essential necessaries as a blessing from herself as she had some for her own daughter. She was even wanting to provide Khushi with another Saari for the next day but Khushi declined saying she has one and Rajshri had given her alot of things already. But recently looking at her cloths in her bag she noticed how Chachi ji had taken the saari out. Her bag only had 1 nightwear, Her old lehenga , the lehenga Rajshri had given her and a normal blue jeans with kurti .

Her mind went of to think what would she wear tomorrow for the temple. Would wearing jean and kurti be okay? Or should she just wear this red saari again? Or Maybe she could wear the old lehenga that she had originally planned to wear at the wedding in a saari style. She shook her head planning to decide tomorrow as she picked everything and headed out, not before tying her hair in a low pony.

As she exited the washroom, she saw her husband sitting on the bed scrolling through his phone. Sound of music could clearly be heard from his phone. She kept everything in her bag before she shut the suitcase completely. She looked at the clock on the wall to notice it being 2:48 AM. She then looked at her husband, who was still busy on his phone.

 Khushi :(thought to herself)"What now? Do i sit? there isn't even a sofa or I would have slept there"

As soon as Khushi had exited the washroom, Manish's heart had started to race. He knew they would have to share the bed. There is no where else for him to go and sleep. He kept looking at his phone trying to distract himself from this thought but when he noticed her standing and looking at the direction of the bed, he knew there was no point in avoiding the topic now.

Manish:(To himself)"Wh..What was her name now? K..Khushi right? That what her dadi said."( Out loud to Khushi)"Um k..khu....umm..you can..sit if you want"(Khushi looked at his direction flushed as she looked down and nodded before sitting on the corner of the bed)

Manish again sighed as the awkwardness filled the room. With this awkwardness he wanted to jump out the window.  He looked at the time. It was already near 3 at night. They have to wake up early tomorrow.

Manish:"We.. We should head to bed"

Khushi nodded again as Manish kept his phone on the side table and layed down on the bed extremely to the corner. Khushi also slowly layed down on the opposite side of the bed as much close to the corner as possible. The gap between them could fit 2 more people with the way they kept distance. Manish turned of the light as the 2 covered themself in the blanket and tried to fall asleep.  Tried being the key word as both the souls were up for god know how long before the tiredness of the day took a tole on them making them fall asleep.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

So guys I hope you enjoyed it.

Plz do vote and comment.

Will update next part soon.

Translations:

Mumma/ Maa - Mom

Mummiji - Mother in law

Papa - dad

Beta/ Baccha - kid

Taiji - Dad's big brother's wife

Tauji - Dad's big brother

Chacha -Dad's younger brother

Chachi - Dad's younger Brother's wife

Bhabhi - Big brother's wife

Dever ~ husband's younger brother

Dadi - grandma

Dadu - grandpa

Nani - Grandma ( Mother's side)

Ji - a word which shows respect towards the other person

Bhaiya - Elder Brother

Didi - elder Sister

Rasam - Ritual

Jaan/ Shona - An endearment which mean my life or my love

Mami - mother's brother's wife

Jiji - Sister

Saali - Wife's sister

jiju / Jijaji - Sister's husband

Bua - Father's Sister

Dadi bua - Father's bua

Mausaji - Mom's Sister's husband

Mausi - Mom's Sister

Yaar - bro

Scotty - Indian 2 wheeler

Holi ~ An Indian Festival of Color

Chipkali ~ Lizard

Prasad ~ Food that is blessed by god himself

Mandap ~ holi fire where the Wedding rituals happen

Sindoor ~ red pigment consider the sign of married women

Bidaai ~ The ritual where bride bids farewell to her family

Damaad ~ Daughter's husband

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 223 13
Khushi snuck onto a floor she wasn't supposed to be on to acquire her favourite actor's autograph. However, she had no clue how her life would evolve...
338K 18.6K 46
Neither She is a Damsel in Distress nor She need a Knight in Shining Armour #highest ranking 4 in India Falling in love is easy, staying in love is t...
201K 10.1K 62
"How dare you crash into my car?" roared a voice, his voice. This man he doesn't even have some manners to help others. He is shouting at me when I a...