A Dance of Frostflakes (Kamis...

Od evasivetundra

For seven years, you've been away from home. Living the best life in Liyue with nothing else to worry about... Více

Farewell, City of Contracts
Bio : Y/N
Home Sweet Home
Reblooming Petals
Pillar of Fortitude
Order and Judgment
Euthymia's Verdict
Aftermath Of A Duel

Mountains, Tremble From Thunder

702 20 1
Od evasivetundra

(Just like before, all artworks featured in this book isn't mine.)

Warning : Rare ship included! Turn back or just don't read this chapter if you don't like it. Don't say I didn't warn you folks.

.

.

.

Two thousand years in the past... Archon War aftermath.

"Morax...? Are you okay...?"

Her words were like a snap. Loud besides his ear, but was the gentlest whisper which the wind could carry anywhere. He had not recognized that he just zoned out into the void, only to have been awoken from it by the woman whom he had been acquainted with for centuries, ever since she and her twin sister first appeared as the new Electro Archons, the first case to have ever took place in history where Celestia acknowledged two deities of the same element coexisting at once.

Nonetheless, the younger sibling kept insisting that she was a "Kagemusha", a shadow present only to guard the true Archon. Whilst the elder sibling was out to negotiate with the other Archons, and to pay tribute to Morax and the Adepti's lost, said shadow decided to console the now heartbroken Lord of Geo, bowing his head to hide his disoriented expression beneath a pearl white hood.

She gasped a little when he tilted his head upwards, revealing his true conditions. He was... mourning... in a way that she had never seen before. Rows of fresh, amber-colored tears ran down his chiseled cheeks. His long, chestnut hair was a disheveled mess, spreading from one direction to another. She could not make out clearly whether or not, that Morax was sad, angry or overall, just in too much pain. She figured it was a mix of all three, though it can only be seen as her personal assumptions.

"I... have heard about the Lord of Dust's passings and... I came here... to pay my condolences."

Morax's movements were still, and almost reaching the point of mechanical-like, where he behaves like a machinery that remains unoiled for decades to come. Ei now contemplates if reminding him of Guizhong's death was a wise choice, as she would not prefer if he went feral and harm either her or her twin sister, along with the rest of their newly established Seven Archons of Teyvat.

"I... see. My utmost thanks go to everyone else within the Seven, who spent their precious time to go all the way here... I will pay back in adequate amounts."

The violet haired woman shook her head, and gently placed her hand on Morax's shoulder, taking no more than a second to admire how muscular and sturdy his vessel was. She did not want him to repay his debts, not like he had any in the first place, with meaningless physical rewards. She was here because she was willing to, wanting to comfort a broken acquaintance. Guizhong did a toll on Morax's mental health, one that was slowly becoming sturdier as he spent time with the now deceased deity. Now, with her gone, his unhinged self could arise at any time given, whereas he becomes a bloodthirsty killer known long before, his notoriety of a past time now dissipated in every Liyue resident's memories, but never in the Archaic Lord's personal mind.

"No... that is not needed. We are here not out of obligation. I and my sister were willing to come."

Her exclamation made Morax felt... relieved, in a way. Most people who came here are either just out of their unwillingness, or to literally spat in his face, telling how pathetic he was to mourn over a nameless god. Of course, he almost gave said person a facial surgery out of brute force, but he was reminded that they are Archons, they have their own responsibilities and killing each other will not be tolerated by the higher ups.

(I'm just giving Ritsa so much hate lmao...)

"Do not mind Tsaritsa's provocations, she is just envy that you had found happiness, while she had none."

Ei clicked her tongue out of disdain, the Cryo Archon had never been her favorite, comparing to how she treated everyone around her with a cold shoulder. Sometimes, too cold for anyone's liking. She may be seen as some baby crying over spilled milk sometimes, according to her own sister's words, but at least she treated Makoto's equals with respect and kindness, as she is supposed to.

"Though, if I may ask... what is that cube hovering on your left hand?"

Morax's gaze shifted alongside Ei's, directed towards the small, cubicle shaped dumbbell which floats atop his palm. He lets out a small sigh, before raising it slightly higher so that Ei would not have to bend her entire top section down.

"This... is my challenge. My pledge."

Ei tilted her head in confusion. 'What does he specifically mean, saying it was his challenge? Did he make a promise with somebody?' Those questions kept roaming the Kagemusha's mind, as she observes the dumbbell, its golden aura revealing constant shifting, almost to the point of no end within the unknown catalyst's core.

"Within it, contains the wisdom and knowledge of Guizhong... should I finally solve it one day... I would finally get to know the answer she hid from me for so long."

In a way, it was his last living memory of her. Her last challenge for him. To test his wisdom, see if he will be successful in inheriting her long-lasting work. He did not know it at the time, but two thousand and five hundred years flying by would get him to the realization that... it was futile.

"I... see. In another sense, it was your lover's last gift... am I right?"

Oh, she could have never been more accurate. But perhaps, the same accuracy made Morax bow his head just a little bit deeper down, before looking back at the ever-rotating dumbbell with a solemn smile, still festering a hope to uncover its content one day in the distant future. To fulfill their "Lovers' Oath."

"Indeed... it was... a mere Memory of Dust..."

As the Archaic Lord felt a fresh wave of tears began to flow from his eyes, he was suddenly enveloped in a hug. The figure was soft and warm, but what was distinctive is her long, braided purple hair and the small fan-shaped hair pin laying neatly atop her head.

Yes, it was Ei... who had now enrolled him in an embrace. She wishes not to see any more grieving from him for one day, as it would be insufferable to anyone that cares deeply for the man. She just happens to be one of the few.

"I believe... that you will solve it one day, Morax... and I wish to be there to witness such marvels. But for now... please... do not cry. She would prefer you to smile..."

Morax never knew since when did his arms began to wrap around Ei's slim waist, while burying his drenched face in her shoulders. He had no idea what his body was executing, but he couldn't give a damn about it. His senses were overwhelmed about just how soft her body was, how her hair smells like fresh flowers. Morax allowed those addictive factors to smother him, to make him feel reassured.

And from that point on, he will, out of obligation or not, ask Ei with his very polite mannerism, if she could soothe the pain coming from his grieving. The Kagemusha, of course, would always response with a giggle and embraced him afterwards. Yet, things all changed... after that fateful day. When they drifted apart.

.

.

.

Five hundred years in the past, Khaenri'ah aftermath...

"Release me, Morax! I will not tolerate this!"

Zooming into a torn battlefield, scattered with Riftwolves' dead corpses and destroyed constructions, believe it or not, were all man made. It was glorious, had they seen it during its prime. But at the moment, it was a grave for a poor soul... one who was as instrumental to their affiliations as anyone else...

Kneeling in front of the dead Archon, Barbatos gently carried her cold corpse. He had so much he could not say at the moment, and he could never say it now. Walking away with his hood shadowing the bard's frail and battle-damaged face, he left behind a struggling Ei, trapped within Morax's arms, not out of her own willingness.

"Ei, calm down! This is not the time!"

Morax's words became deaf in her ears, as she continued to growl out of anger and resentment towards those who dared to take away her twin sister. The Lord of Geo could not risk her death as well, he just couldn't live with himself if he lets two people die within one day.

"Ei, you are not yourself at the moment... I am pleading you, listen to me..!"

Snapping back at his words, Ei's facial expressions were like that of a deranged murderer. One who would not listen to common sense. Morax doubt if he could comfort her like how she usually does for him, but he was willing to try.

"Listen... to you...!?? You wouldn't get it! You had never lost a family member like I did..! You mourn over little Guizhong's death, yet had you ever mourned for someone even closer!??"

In what felt like a millisecond, Morax felt like smashing the already crumbled construction next to him into pieces, hearing how Ei insulted the same woman whose passing she tried so hard to help him overcome. What they had, their close partnership, will that all be torn into oblivion after just five minutes?

"...I advise you to pay attention to which subject you chose to mention. I was polite enough to not mention your hopeless dreams in the past..."

All of a sudden, he felt a large surge of electricity bursting through his body, forcing his muscles to contract, while coincidentally releasing Ei from his tight grasp. She had no other choice, but to attack him forcefully. She will not let him get in the way of her and her sister's dream. A dream of eternity. Even if she would have to sacrifice this flesh body for it. She would never have to witness another lost... ever again.

"...It is not hopeless, Morax. But you will never get to see it."

Morax was soon blinded by a bright, purple flash. When he regained his vision, there he saw... Ei was gone. Leaving behind a darkened mark as her remnant. Sighing to himself, he tried his best to ignore the iron grip over his heart, clenching out of regret. He could never predict that... he had lost the people he loved twice in a row... just in a span of fifteen hundred years.

He then lingers around the destroyed kingdom for no more than a little while longer, before departing from a place where could now be fittingly stated as a ruin. The rain soon falls down upon him, drenching his hair and outfit, but he could care less. All he knows, is that he had no one by his side now... all alone. Such was the tale... of Rex Lapis' life, from centuries in the past.

.

.

.

At present time, Zhongli finally wrapped up his story time while taking a sip from his steaming teacup, after gently blowing into it a few times to cool it down, of course. He turned to his side and continued to sigh when he saw a painted screen, portraying a tale from two thousand years in the past. Opposed to him was Hu Tao, who was holding her own cup with an expression of sadness.

"And that... was the entire story. Now, have you understood?"

Hu Tao merely nodded, her hazelnut colored twintails swaying as she does.

"Yeah... you know what, Zhongli? Go. I'll get you a ticket to Inazuma."

Zhongli almost flinched at her offer, for as far as he remembered, Hu Tao never took the initiative to offer him time off.

"But... what about the Parlor's work?"

"It'll be fine, I can handle it for a month or two! Just get your butt out of that chair and pack up!"

Immediately, she zoomed over to behind him and began pulling him up, only to push him down the street, heading back to his apartment. Zhongli can only do as she commands, since she is still his boss at the moment. Though, he will ask her for a replacement of his shoes, since his current pair is being eroded by friction, but that is for another time. As for now, he's got a cruise to hitch on. 

.

.

.

Some time has passed since Hu Tao cramped up what little of his possessions for the road, as well as giving him some gifts to hand over to the captain, who is now enjoying it besides the incognito man. All meanwhile he himself was holding a full glass, swirling it around while deep in thoughts. He kept looking at the faint horizon, littered with thunderstrikes amidst clear skies, before taking a quick sip from his glass. 

It was odd, Zhongli thought, for Osmanthus Wine usually gave him a slight... bitter aftertaste, despite its sweetened flavor. But currently, the Lord of Geo doesn't feel one trace of said bitterness, yet on the contrary, it had a small resemblance to what the actual wine would fully taste like... the blissful taste of reunion. 

His left hand was wandering elsewhere, during moments when his right was holding the glass of fermented beverage. Fondling with a small cubicle object that has now ceased to rotate. Now with the key to finally uncover the answer, all he had to do was wait... and hoping that she still remembers their contract, no... their promise from a lifetime back. 

"Hey, um... captain, sir? You might want to go inside... the storms are approaching soon." 

He heard one of Beidou's crewmates notify them about Inazuma's grave weather conditions, signifying that it is not too far... and hopefully, not too late. The one-eyed captain exhaled tiredly, and pats Zhongli's shoulder before walking back in, not forgetting to tell him to come inside as soon as he can. But she needs no fear, for the Archaic Lord cannot be strike down so easily. Hearing a bolt of thunder striking at the very next second, Zhongli sighed and quickly gulps down the rest of his wine, something that no one could ever see such an elegant man execute unless it was necessary.

The violet bolt was soon nullified, as Zhongli muttered out one simple word, which could also be symbolized for what he is supposed to do, when the time comes... and he is once again standing between those whom he cared for deeply... with a shield preventing the inevitable, at any cost. 

 "...Solidify!"

.

.

.

To be continued... And thanks for 1.6k reads, ehe! 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

139K 5.7K 38
"𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬. 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭...
15.2K 451 15
♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥  ❝MY LOVE FOR YOU IS BIGGER THAN A FIREWORK!❞ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥  (𝘠𝘰𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘺𝘢 𝘹 𝘨𝘯!𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳) ☽˚⁀➷ When an Inazuman who lived in Mondstad...
4.7K 144 15
Cover art: _barutwt on twt ◇──◆──◇──◆ "The Kamisato's are looking for a housemaid, y'know" Aether pouted as he read a neatly edited advertisement tha...
118K 4.2K 21
♡⇢ "𝘠/𝘯... 𝘐 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. [...] 𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘎𝘰𝘥... 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸�...