π•ƒπ•’π•”π•¦π•Ÿπ•’: A Missing Piece

Galing kay colourflames

Intriguing, innocent, intelligent, and sassy are words you can use to describe Aurelia Hart. A girl who never... Higit pa

Prologue
Welcome to π•ƒπ•’π•”π•¦π•Ÿπ•’
Aesthetic and Cast
Chapter: 1 Saving a life
Chapter: 2 The Interview
Chapter: 3 The First Day
Chapter: 4 His.POV
Chapter: 6 The Business Trip
Author's Note
Chapter: 7 The Mansion
Chapter 8 The Familiar Face
Chapter 9 The Unofficial Date
Chapter: 10 THE BALL

Chapter: 5 The Data Breach

103 7 2
Galing kay colourflames

Dead people recieve more flowers than the living ones, because regret is stronger than gratitude

~Anne Frank

Aurelia's POV

Its been one week since I've started working at De Luca Industries. And i think these days have been the happiest moments of my entire life, i have three people in my life who i can call friends. From grace i got to know that James has a boyfriend named Pierre, who he never stops raving about.

She told me to run the other way if i ever get an inkling, that a rant is comming up about him from James because she said i quote ' trust me, you don't want to sit hours next to him listening about the different types of sex position they tried and how pleasurable it was. you would never want to be in his presence for days when he finishes.' i was bright red at the end of the conversation, which grace had a good laugh about .

The only thing i don't understand is that Mr De Luca because I have been his secretary for one week and I don't understand how all the previous people in my position were fired and I may have started to develop a teeny weeny crush on him I mean how can I not the man is built like a Greek god.

It was Monday morning I was collecting the files which I had to submit to him so I stood up and went towards his office.
After knocking on the door, hearing a 'come in' i stepped inside.

There he stood gazing outside his building from the big glass window situated on the left side of his office.

"Good morning sir, I have arranged all the files which you ordered me to , would you like me to keep them on the table or review it to you"

He turned towards me, his intense hazel eyes boring into my own, it was as if he was seeing right through me I resistant an urge to shiver and said "you can keep them on the table Miss Hart" just as a begin to step towards the table the doors suddenly opened up with a *thump* and a man arround my age stepped inside the room his face was full of fear and worry marks, he was carrying a laptop with him.

"Mr De Luca someone is hacking our system they already halfway done with every other security we have. We can only hold them for 1 hour, If we don't stop it fast all the data that we have will be compromised"

Mr De Luca's face twisted into a look of rage as he listen to the problem " What the hell were you doing then you imbecile,i have the best hackers in my company, how the hell can someone even hack into the database" he shouted at the man who's name i still don't know .

"May I" as I said it, both of them turned their heads to look at me, Mr De Luca had a questionable expression on his face as if asking me what did I mean ' now i technically can't just say that i do illegal hacking for money so i made up a partial lie' and continued " i worked as a cyber security professional with some companies maybe I could help" ' not a lie because i did work for fbi but my identity was a secret '

The man who was giving excuses stuttering and shivering now looked at me and scoffed "please if I , the best hacker here can't stop the attack,how can you think that you will be able to do something that I can't."

Alexander glared at the man "step aside"he turned his gaze onto me " let's see what you can do Ms Hart" just as he said it I stepped forward and took the laptop from the man's hand and kept it on the table and started working .

My fingers flew through the keyboard as a began typing as fast as I can putting all my work and effort into removing the hacker. As i was doing it i discovered that the hacker has gained unauthorized access to the network and has stolen some information, So i quickly took steps to limit the hacker's access to the system and initiated an investigation to track down the source of the attack.

The first step i took was to identify and isolate the affected systems and devices. After discovering them i disconnected the compromised devices from the network, blocked network traffic to and from the affected devices, and preserved any relevant log files or other evidence.

Next thing i did was to analyse the network traffic to try to identify the source of the attack. I then used some network monitoring tools, to track the attacker's movements . After it i took some steps to contain the attack, prevent some further damage. Took back all the compromised info and formatted the hacking devices of the hacker so everything he has will be deleted.

After after finishing that I look up to see Mr De Luca staring at me I told him " Mr De Luca would you like me to track the attacker and identify him"

" you can do that" he asked

" it will just take me sometime to do it but yeah I can do it " i then told him that " it seems someone in your company compromised the password or details because there was no sign of extracting the passwords or other information to get into the data base,"

He looked towards the man who was now sweating bullets as "so Arnold care to explain how the information was compromised " as he asked this the man now known as Arnold started giving out excuses

"I do- don't kn-know boss ple please "

"You're Fired !, get out of my office right now "Mr De Luca roared at him as he
Lost his temper . It was scary how he appears so calm one moment and losses his temper the next . Arnold sprinted out of the room as if his life depended on it. When he turned his gaze on me i took a calming breath

"Mr De Luca I've taken back all the compromised data from the hacker and formatted every single divice he used to hack our data and even the ones connected to his devices. Right now I've set up a temporary security system which will be hard to bypass arround our data, because i wasn't sure if you would like me to do it or not"

He looked at me there was a barely controlled anger in his eyes that seemed to dissipate when he looked at me " No i will handle it from here Ms Hart . You can carry on with your day"

"Sure Mr De Luca," with that as I was about to go he asked me to stop and took a step towards me, I could feel my heart beating loudly in my chest as he stepped closer. I wouldn't be surprised if he could hear my heartbeat but judging from his expression and from the smirk on his face I am sure he could at least see my cheeks getting red as he took my hand in his and slowly kissed the back of it like a gentleman. By the end of his action I was blushing furiously and I am sure that my face is looking so red that anyone who looked at me could tell it was about explode at any moment.

He looked at me with a smile on his handsome face " Thank You Miss Hart "

As soon he released my hand I ran off, the only thing that proved what happened was real were his chuckles that rang throughout the floor.

✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾

Alexander's POV

I was still chuckling at her red face as she sprinted away to get away from me 'She is something'.

I thought, from the day she started working as my PA everything is perfect.I've never had a PA like her before it's like she fit right in .

I shook myself out of her thoughts as my phone rang . I picked it up to see the caller ID i groaned as i saw that it was 'Elijah' my best friend calling me, i answered it " Bark!" There was no answer from the other side

Sighing i said " Fine speak"

" Just to enlighten you i am not a dog "

" Ofcourse not, dogs do what they are told " i answered with a sarcastic remark.

"Anyways! The man who tried to hack the database is in our warehouse tied up, he sounds like dying cat when he screams .i Need entertainment "

"What are you waiting for, go on, have at it " i said as i continued walking to my elevator.

"It's not fun to go alone, join me Alex, it's the least you could do after making me work all night " he said with a fake sad tone .

"Fine i am coming, you can have your fun till then, just keep him alive " i said as i hang up the phone to get into my car and make my way to the warehouse. After parking my car on the sideway I make my way inside it.

I see the man sitting unconscious on the chair tied and blood comming out of his mouth and Elijah standing there with a manic look on his face, some of my men that are standing arround him have mixed expression on their faces fear and curiosity being some of it.

"What did you do Elijah" i groaned as i felt a headache forming.

"Ohh nothing, it's just that his screaming was damaging my ears so i cut his tongue off"

I just shook my head at his idiocy " and how are you gonna find the one behind the attack, now that he can't speak"

"Oh i already did that alexie" he said waving his hand in the air, his face turning serious as he was about to say the next sentence"and you're not going to like it "

"Who was it "

" 'Dmitry Sokolov' "

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Who is Dmitry ?

How is he connected to the attack ?

Will it be revealed in the next chapter or not ?

Please vote, comment and Stay tuned to find out
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hey everyone! How are you all liking the book so far.

Is it boring or intresting please comment what would you like to see in the upcoming chapter.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

*night time*

Aurelia: Jack what time is it ?.

Jack: * inevitably awake* i don't know, hand me that saxophone.

*Starts blowing aggressively into it*

Author: who the fUCK IS PLAYING THE SAXOPHONE AT 1am ?!?!?!!!!!!.

Jack: it's 1am .

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

162K 4.6K 23
"I have a goddess in front of me, it'd be a crime not to worship her." He whispered in my ear. His lips and hands met my skin anywhere they could. Hi...
277K 6.7K 41
Aurelia Lavender has only 2 months left in New York before starting her next semester in Madrid. Bored and feeling like she has nothing keeping her i...
1.3M 28.5K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
4.3K 303 8
A slow burn romance story illustrating the collision of two different worlds. In the enchanting world of "Midnight Muse," bubbly and innocent Aureli...