Heartless

By TakeTaeminsAdvice

"So good with guns but not so good with women, eh? Or are you just being shy? Come on Jeon, put your hands on... More

~DISCLAIMER~
Playlist
Intro
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
{33}
{34}
{35}
{36}
{37}
{38}
{39}
{40}

{16}

31 2 0
By TakeTaeminsAdvice

Guards greet them at the door and allow them in once they see the familiar older male who gives them a short nod, and as they walk in, she takes in her surroundings and her eyes fall upon the silver-haired man who sits on the couch and proceeds to stand, finally turning around to greet his guests with a warm smile that spreads across his plump lips and makes his eyes turn to slits.

"Good, you've arrived just on time. I hope the ride over was pleasant. No trouble I take it?", the man says directly to Dong-Wook who nods in response.

"That's good then", the man looks over at the woman staring at him in both shock and curiosity, her mouth slightly agape as she blinks slowly and tries to process that this is her brother in the flesh.

His hair was dyed silver and slicked back, exposing his forehead and his milky white skin contrasted so well with the purple suit he wore. He was gorgeous just like his sister, and of course, they shared their mother's same feature, their plump lips.

It was astonishing to meet him, so much so that she was rendered speechless. Although he didn't look too much like their mother, assuming he took most of his traits from his father Jae-jun, she knew in her heart by the look in his eyes it was her brother.

"Runa, it's nice to finally meet you after all these years. You look even cuter in person", he steps forward and Cookie doesn't growl but instead cocks her head curiously when he takes her small hands in his own, hoping to snap her out of the daze she was in.

She clears her throat awkwardly and glances at Dong-Wook who gives a reassuring smile. And then she looks back at Jimin who was still much taller than her but about Yoongi's height, so still short compared to both her bodyguard and the underboss/consigliere who stood by and watched the family reunion.

"It's...nice to meet you too", she says with a small, unsure smile.

Jimin gently squeezes her hands and lets go of them, seeing how stiff she was from shock as she still needed to process who he was so he lets Cookie sniff his hand and she does so, clearly feeling good vibes from the man.

"This must be Cookie. What a sweet thing...that was a nice gift Jungkook", the man glances over to the bodyguard who stiffly nods.

"If it's alright, I'd like to speak to you privately in my office", Jimin says while looking back at Runa with an inviting smile on his face, but she glances at Jungkook, expecting him to protest but instead he nods in approval.

"Yeah, let's do that. We have a lot to catch up on I imagine", she breathes out, trying to relax herself and while Jungkook and Dong-Wook sit in the living room, Jimin leads his sister and Cookie up the stairs and down the hall.

Her heart thuds with every step she takes as she trails behind him, breathing in deeply and keeping a level head about this. She thanked him when he opened the door to his office as he held it open for her, and by what she's seen so far from him, he was respectful and she didn't feel any odd twisting in her gut.

As they sat down, it was silent for a moment, and out of nervousness, which was highly unusual for her, she started to pet Cookie for comfort. Jimin could see how reluctant she was. Happy but still confused and shocked, and he was too once he first learned of his family from Dong-Wook when he came of age.

He sits across from her on the other leather couch that matches the rest of the house with its modern, monochrome style and structure. This house was expensive, large but not large enough to be a mansion, and yet she never felt more comfortable in a new place before. It made her heart feel tranquil, like she belonged here with her brother and that eased her anxiety somewhat.

"I know exactly how you're feeling Runa, I know everything is a shock and I completely understand that. I still remember the first-day Dong-Wook visited Russia to meet with me and my father. I'm sure you know I had adoptive parents who were part of one of the oldest crime families, so since I was their adoptive son, their only heir since they were unable to conceive, I ultimately had to become the leader. So as soon as I turned 18, my father told me that someone close to me was visiting and I hadn't remembered Dong-Wook."

"It was probably the trauma and being just a toddler at the time when everything happened. Regardless, I felt familiar with him as soon as he stepped into the room. Both of my parents knew of my biological parents since my real father Jae-jun ran the Organization which is in Moscow, and he had ties with the Russian mafia as well as our mother did. From the stories I hear about her, she was quite the charmer. And just looking at you...you look so much like her."

He smiled warmly, his eyes turning into little crescent moves and she thought it was so sweet and unexpected to meet a man so...how could she put it...empathetic? Sure, he's the Executioner and she's heard about the things he's done. Just like her, he had a dark side that came with being the boss of one of the most powerful criminal organizations in the world and history.

But still, it gave off a good impression that he had a sense of duality much like she learned to have as well. To be a good leader, you had to adapt to diverse people and environments, meaning you sometimes had to be cold and ruthless to get things done, but you could also be respectful and kind to the right people. She couldn't help but see herself in his eyes, and she liked that a lot considering how well she could read people.

"Thank you", she returns his smile as he leans forward and scans her face with gleaming eyes.

"I knew from the moment Dong-Wook told me about you all those years ago that I'd see you. It took time, hard work, and a lot of money but everything up until this point has been rewarding, and...as someone who's known about your existence for quite a while, it feels so good to be in your presence. To see your face, hear your voice...I hope I'm not making you uncomfortable in any way."

"Oh no, not at all. I understand what you mean. It was hard to believe I had a brother but now that I'm here with you...", she hesitates to continue.

"You feel at home?", he finishes for her.

He read her mind and it made her chuckle with a nod, "Yeah. You're my brother and you feel like it. You know what I mean? The distance between us didn't matter because we knew in our hearts."

He chuckles at that and his beautiful smile made her feel warm inside. This was her family, her true family and it felt so good to know that she's been watched over by her older brother all these years. He knew everything that had happened and tried to plan things accordingly so they could safely meet.

She knew how hard that must've been, having to wait years when knowing your sibling was out there living with a traitor. Regardless of her monstrous excuse of a father, she had true family that was flesh and blood, no matter if they only shared DNA from their mother.

"I'm so glad you feel the same. Dong-Wook has told me so much about you and I have to say, you live up to your reputation", Jimin compliments and she sheepishly chuckles, not used to feeling this way since she was always defensive but with him, she didn't have to be.

"Oh yeah? Meaning what exactly", she says, curious to hear specific details on what he's heard.

"He told me about how resilient and confident you are. Although I was concerned to feel your shaking hands in mine, I knew that this was unexpected and I reminded myself that even I was nervous to meet you. I waited in the living room until you all arrived, and I have to say even as someone who usually doesn't get in such an anxious state, I was certainly jittery."

"But as soon as I saw you, that all went away. As soon as you stepped into my home, it felt like a warm embrace to my heart. To know that after years of protecting you, I could finally look directly into your eyes and tell you everything I've ever wanted to."

He spoke so passionately and with such sincerity that it almost made her want to cry, but she was good at controlling her emotions when they started to get out of control so she held them back and couldn't stop smiling with every word he spoke.

Not just what he was saying, but how delicate yet firm his voice was felt like reassurance and it gave her hope that together they could change things and possibly even be happy.

"I appreciate this Jimin, I do. Whatever you've done for me over the past years, which I'm sure was a lot without my knowing, I want you to know I'm grateful for everything. It feels good to meet you and yes, I was nervous seeing you even though I never get like this. But that's why I'm comfortable with you now because I feel that you are sincere and trustworthy. And those are two things that are quite rare in the world we live in."

Her words make him feel proud to be an older brother to such an intelligent woman. He instinctively felt responsible for her in some ways because of how much Dong-Wook had told him, so everything she said meant everything to him. All the dread and disappointment that he's held onto all these years was lifted like a heavy weight off his shoulders as soon as they started to talk.

Jimin never got emotional like this before, and he knew she didn't either and that's why they were both so unsure and nervous at first. But as soon as they spoke to each other and felt that spark between them, it was so easy to be vulnerable and say how they truly felt, which was not normalized in their profession. But they were different from everyone else, and that's why they held the power from more than just their names.

"It pleases me to know that, you're honest and that comforts me. I'm sure once we start working together you'll be brutally honest with me, yes?", he says with a slight teasing in his voice and she can't help but laugh at that.

"You know I will. I'm sure your consigliere has filled you in on my wonderful personality", she says with a hint of sarcasm and he laughs along with her, already feeling a bond form between them and it hasn't been too long since they've met.

"I'm counting on that, Runa. You can always be yourself and your confident enough to fulfill those expectations while remaining genuine to who you are as a woman. I admire that most about you. You're unapologetically you and it reminds me so much of myself. I guess we truly are siblings, huh?"

"That confidence must be from our mother, along with the lips", she says and they both share a chuckle.

"You're right about that. And speaking of her...", his tone becomes solemn and the once lighthearted atmosphere becomes serious as the smile disappears from his face and it does on hers too.

"I don't think I'd feel comfortable knowing that you lived in the same house as her killer", he says, hinting at exactly what she thought he was and she was slightly taken aback by the bold move.

"Are you saying you'd want me to live here? With you?", she asks unsurely.

He hums with a nod, smoothing back his silver hair with one palm while casually leaning back, "If that's ok with you of course. I don't want to pressure you, but as your brother, I'd love to have your company around. And since you and I are getting involved with business as well, I think it'd be best if you were away from the man we're plotting against. I just want to ensure you're safety is all."

She thinks about the proposition for a moment and she can understand his point of view. The only reason why she liked living at the mansion was because that's what was familiar to her and it was her family's home. Her mother, although a captive, walked the same halls she did and it's like her presence could be felt in her room when she slept at night.

If she told anybody else this they'd think she was crazy but quite frankly she never cared and knew her small circle of people could be trusted with such intimate information. Although it was fast, everything in her life was and she could feel how Jimin felt. Even being his younger sister, she wanted to have that sibling bond and partnership that she's secretly wanted since she was young.

Being an only child to a man who was barely a father had many downsides, and so that's why her best friend Yoongi was always there in case she was bored and lonely. But to have a true blood sibling, someone who shared parts of her mother felt so special. They both grew in her body, they both grew up in a rough childhood and had to be tough and ruthless just to be safe and harbor their emotions away from everyone.

The two siblings, although a sea apart, were so much alike, and now that they were together, a hole was filled inside of both of them. Having a trustworthy partner that was loyal and would honorably fight side by side with you was cherished in their line of business and now that they could have that with each other, they took any opportunity they could to ensure their power and relationship would thrive. He could see in her eyes and felt exactly what she felt, both of their hearts syncing as did their minds, and with a smile, she nodded and extended her hand out.

"It's nice to officially start a business with you, Park Jimin. I'll take you up on that offer", she speaks confidently, and yet again he can't hide the smile creeping up on his lips as he leans forward and shakes her small hand.

"I'm happy you've agreed to this. I didn't want to come off as rude or impatient, but now that you're here with me, I don't think I'd be able to sleep if you went back to that mansion with him", his tone becomes bitter and she can see the twitch in his jaw.

Just the mention of it made her feel angry too and she sighed, "I understand that and agree with you completely. I'm sure that taking him down won't be easy, but we have a cause. We have the resources and everything we have combined would ensure our victory and my place on the throne. And in the end, this alliance between my family and yours will last for ages. That's something I'd like to see happen, even if my body is cold and buried in the ground. I intend on us being on top forever, and nothing will come in the way of that."

Her words and her serious intentions spark inspiration within the man and his eyes gleam with awe and pride when he sees in her eyes how passionately she feels about this. He greatly appreciates her courage and determination and how similar her mindset is to his. He truly did feel like an older brother now and there wasn't much better he could ask for other than their success in this mission.

"I feel the same, Runa. I'm so happy to know we're on the same page with everything. I have to say...I don't think I've ever been this excited or happy in my life. You...you truly are a light, Runa. You're the sister I've always wanted and although I have made mistakes in the past, I won't be repeating them."

"Speaking of...may I ask what the fuck happened with Taehyung? Wasn't he supposed to be working for you?"

The mention of the gangster makes Jimin sigh with both regret and disappointment, "He was one of my capos and was undercover as a gang leader under your father's organization. He's always been a wild card but he always succeeded in getting the job done so I let him in on the plan. Dong-Wook and I thought it was a good idea at first, to have him get close to you so he could protect you."

Jimin shakes his head with a scoff, "But he got obsessed, and like the snake he was, he joined that fucking nutsack Dori and this secret drug lord so he could get more out of it. Fucking traitor...I hope he died screaming."

Immediately, the smirk on her face confirms that his desire was more than fulfilled in her terms, "He died ball-less and choking in his blood. I smashed his ribs with a golf club and beat him until his face went numb. Don't worry, Jimin. He got what was coming to him."

The man feels a shiver of satisfaction run down his spine, his smirk mirroring hers as he nods, clearly impressed by what he hears. There was also nothing more amazing than to have a sister as ruthless as he was. It made him feel less monstrous even when he knew everything he did was justified.

"That makes me proud, Runa. Why don't we take a tour of the house? Since you'll be moving in after all, I'm sure you're curious to look around. There are no rooms you're prohibited from so you have full access to everything. My home is your home", he suggests and that immediately waves as a green flag in her eyes.

And her eyes sparkle with curiosity, "Nothing to hide?"

His grin widens, "Everything of mine is yours. My men, my money, all of my resources are at your disposal, my dearest sister."

Runa's cheeks get slightly pink from the affectionate tone he uses and she nods with a glow on her face, "As is mine, brother."

It felt so refreshing to say that aloud, like she was confirming it to the universe even when she knew it was already true. The way he takes her delicate hand in his and leads her and Cookie out of his office and downstairs to the living room makes her feel more relieved than she's ever felt in her life. Park Jimin was her brother, one of the most powerful men in the world and he willingly gave her everything.

There was nothing more heartwarming and special than gaining his trust and respect, and just the way he looked at her with such pride made her feel safe. Stepping into the living room and seeing the other two most important men in her life look at her with that familiar expression, reminds her of how lucky she is to be protected and cared for by these three men. Even if one was grumpy, cold, and disliked the tricky little thing called emotions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.8K 2.2K 33
It all happend the night that Kim Taehyung, the boy who works with Park Jimin the leader of a mafia group, went for a mission at Jeon's mansion. Yes...
87.8K 3.3K 47
We all have a price, what's yours? *** Pairings: mafia!jk x reader Warnings: smut, violence, mentions and use of drugs and guns, prostitution Do not...
23.8K 1.2K 44
„Werewolves don't exist." „But what if I was one?" „Huh?" ࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏࿏ Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jeongguk definitely aren't...
553K 35.8K 69
[ PREQUEL TO HIS POSSESSIVE MAFIAS'] An easy going Art student did let his unexplainable beauty trap a new business man who is also a mafia leader...