steves sister | a stranger th...

By LucasScottsWife54

what happens when Steve harringtons 13 year old sister Marlow comes to hawkins to live with him? *** I don't... More

Cast
chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 38

56 3 1
By LucasScottsWife54

The band is loudly playing music, people sitting one the benches are cheering. As Marley, Steve and Brenda enter, the basketball team runs out of the changing room cheering.

"Lets go tigers!" All the cheerleaders are screaming, and the team begins warming up by dribbling, throwing and catching the ball to each other.

Steve takes a flyer from someone at the door and he and Brenda follow after Marley as she finds a seat

"Does is bother you that like, we might win a championship right after you graduated?" Brenda says to Steve as she twists her curls.

"You know yeah yeah, that's in interesting point, thank you so much for bringing that up Brenda." He looks up at Marlow and rolls his eyes, Marley grins showing the dimples in her cheeks.

The band stops as the principal takes his place in front of the microphone. He clears his throat and starts talking.

"Everyone please rise, for our national anthem." He stops giving everyone time to stand up, "Singing for us tonight, we have a very special guest. All the way from Nashville, our very own, Tammy Thompson!" The crowd cheers and Marley noticed Steve look at Robin. Tammy's walked out in a white jacket and a pink dress, waving at everybody.

She then proceed to sing the most, off-key, high-pitched version of the national anthem anyone had ever heard.

"Told you, muppet." Marlow heard Steve whisper, to Robin, Marley chuckled a little.

"Wow, she sounds amazing doesn't she?" Brenda says looking at Steve. After what felt like years she finally stopped singing.

The players jumped up and got in to position, the whistle blew and the game started, Lucas on the bench. Goal after goal was scored by each teams, Jason passed the ball to another player on the tigers and he caught it before jumping up to score a goal, only to be bowled over by a player on the other team, he fell to the ground and was carried off with a limp by two other players. Jason squaring up with the other guy until the umpire told him to get back to the game

The coach of the tigers pointed to Lucas and then back to the court. Lucas was quick to throw off his jacket run into the game.
More goals were scored by each team, Steve was yelling demands a the team for them to 'pass!' or 'shoot it!' More goals were scored and Jason called a time out.

They start playing again and Jasontries to shoot strait away, the ball bounces off the hoop before missing, they players all reach for it, Lucas managing to get it in his grip. He dribbles away from the other players and turns and jumps shooting the ball, with only one second left. The buzzer goes off while the balls still in the air, it bounces around the ring before hitting the backboard and dropping in through the hoop.

The crowd instantly erupted in to cheers, Marley and Steve instantly hugging, as the basketball team grab on to Lucas lifting him up, chanting his name.

After everyone was leaving the gym, Marley ran off from Steve and towards Lucas as he was with his team.

"Lucas!" Marlow yelled

"Marley!" he shouts as he ran up her wrapping his arms around her for a quick hug.

"Well done! You did so good!" Marlow said beaming at him.

"Thanks for being there. I noticed the others weren't." He says with a disappointed look on his face. Marley sighed, she knew he really wanted Max to at least be there.

One of the doors flew open and out came the hellfire club cheering. Both Mike and Dustin were there, along with Erica for some reason.
Marley guessed they got her to sub for Lucas.
They didn't even notice Lucas and Marley staring at them,

"Lucas, you alright?" Says  Patrick, a guy from the basketball team breaking the silence the guy next to him was Jason.

"Sinclair this your little girlfriend?" He says smiling at you.

"Oh no she's not my girlfriend." Lucas starts.

"Your Harringtons brother aren't you?" Asked Jason Marley nodded as she felt Steve's arm on her shoulder

"Ready to go Marley?" Asked Steve looking down at her "nice goal Lucas!" He adds patting him on the back.

"Thanks!" Said Lucas

"Let's go, Sinclair." Called Patrick and Lucas followed after him and Jason.

Max and Marley stood out the front of Dustin's house, the next morning, Max was breathing heavily having came from the trailer park, to Marleys house and now Dustin's. Marlow rang the door bell and Dustin answered.

"Chrissy Cunningham?" Questioned Dustin as he paced up a down his bedroom. "You're sure it was Chrissy?"

"Yes, in her cheerleaders outfit. Same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie." Max explained "

"Did you tell all this to the cops?" Asked Dustin

"No." Max Deadpanned

"No, but I... I can't be the only one who them together." Max added quickly "they stood out."

"Eddie the freak, with Chrissy the cheerleader?" Dustin asked

"Exactly. You know, his names not in the news yet or anything, but I guarantee you Eddie is suspect one now." Max spoke

"That's crazy!" Exclaimed Dustin as he stoped pacing. "Eddie didn't do this, no way." Marley and Max exchanged glances. "No way!" Dustin said again.

"We can't rule it out!" Yelled Marley

"Yes, we can!" Dustin yelled back

"Dustin!" Both girls yelled

"You don't know him like I do, guys." Dustin tried

"Ok." Agreed max as Marley sighed

"What we got to high school, Lucas made all his sports friends, you two had each other, Mike and Me? I mean, no one was nice to us. No one except Eddie.

"Ok, well, they said the same shit about Ted Bundy."

"Yeah, he's a super nice guy." Dustin said

"But then he's murdering women on the weekend." Finished Marlow

"So you saying Eddie is like Ted Bundy?" Questioned Dustin

"No, I'm not saying... I'm saying that we can't presume anything, ok?" Max was quick to say

"But it doesn't look good for Eddie." Marley sighed as Dustin flopped down on his bed letting out a sigh.

"Why haven't you told the cops this?" Asked Dustin breaking the silence.

I... I don't know." Stuttered Max

"You don't know?" Questioned Dustin

"After I saw Eddie and Chrissy go to the trailer..." Max started as she sat down next to Dustin Marlow following. "Something else happened... nothing that weird or anything. I mean... Eddie always drives like a maniac, and the power goes off at my place all the time. It's a piece of shit. But... this morning, I started to think back, and... I don't know. He look on his face. He was scared, guys. Really scared. Maybe he was scared because, you know, he... he just killed someone, or... maybe, um... maybe, be... because... I don't... I don't know, maybe..."

"Something else killed her?" Asked Dustin Max nodded slightly.

"But that's impossible. Right?" Asked Marley

"I don't know." Dustin said quietly "it should be. Only one person knows what actually happened.

"Eddie." Max and Marley said together

"Have you talked to anyone else?" Asked Dustin as he led Max and Marlow down the hall.

"No." Max replied "I can't find Lucas or Nancy, and mikes in..."

"California, shit, shit, shit." Exclaimed Dustin as they walked past his mum sitting on the couch.

"Where you going?" She asked

"To a friends." Dustin said opening the door

"You heard the news, it's not safe." Dustin's mum said as Dustin pushed Max and Marley out the door.

"We'll be carful. Thanks. Love you. Bye." Dustin called as he shut the door.

They rode there bikes down the road and soon came to Family video place, where Steve and Robin were working.

"Hey, Steve." Dustin said opening the door and the three kids walking inside.

"You see this?" Asked Steve pointing to the TV.

"How many phones do you have?" Asked Dustin

"Someone was murdered." Steve went on

"How many phones do you have?" Asked Dustin ignoring him.

"Two, why?" Asked Steve

"Technically three, if you count Keith's." added Robin

Yeah, three works." Dustin said looking at Max and Marley

"What are you doing?" Asked Steve as Dustin threw his bag over the counter before sliding over him self landing behind it.

"My pile!" Exclaimed robin as Dustin's bag knocked stuff off the desk.

"No, no, no, my tapes, dude!" Added Steve as Dustin began using the computer. "What are you doing, man?" He questioned

"Setting up base of operations here."

"Base of operations?" Asked Robin

"Get off." Ordered Steve

"I need it." Dustin stated proceeding to use it

"For what?" Asked Steve

"Eddie's friends phone numbers." Dustin spoke

"Your knew best friend is cooler because he plays your nerdy game?" Asked Steve

"Yes. I never said that."

"Seriously, you guys, maybe on a Monday you can play around, but it's Saturday. It's our busiest day." Robin said as she stacked everything Dustin had knocked off the counter.

"Robin, I empathise, but this cannot wait." Dustin argued

"Oh!my god." Mumbled Steve

"Calling Eddie's friends is an emergency." Robin asked

"Correct." Dustin replied

"Want me to strangle him or you want to?" Asked Steve looking at Robin

"We could take turns." Smiled Robin

"Can you two fill them in while I do this?" Asked Dustin

"Fill us in on what?" Asked Steve

"Have you seen or heard from Eddie recently?" Asked Dustin into the phone.

"Eddie Munson." Marley said into the phone as well

"When's the last time you talked to him?" Asked Dustin

"Seen him?" Asked Marlow

"Ok sorry to bother you." Dustin said hanging up.

"Know anyone who'd know where he is?" Asked Marley

"I really don't think he's at the arcade. Yep, I'm pretty sure." Robin spoke

"Reefer Rick?" Asked Marley "dose this Reefer Rick have a last name? I mean, it's kind off..."

"Hey guys, I might have a lead." Marley said as she hung up the phone.

"Seriously!" Exclaimed Dustin as he robin and Max span around to face her.

"Yeah." Marley spoke "apparently Eddie gets drugs from some guys named Reefer Rick, and sometimes Eddie crashes there."

"Sounds promising." Said Dustin

"Where does Reefer Rick live?" Asked Robin

"See, that's the thing. No one knows." Replied Marley "he's more of a... a legend than someone that people actually know."

"Last name?" Asked Max

"I don't know that either." Sighed Marley

"Bet the cops know the last name." Steve said flicking through a bunch at of videos.

"What?" Asked Max

"Cops." Replied Steve "i mean, if this Reefer Rick is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at some point. Means he's in the system."

"The cops?" Asked Dustin "Really Steve, that's your suggestion?"

"I think they should be filled in on what we now, what's going on."

"You think Eddie's guilty don't you?" Questioned Dustin

"Whoa. I believe in innocents until proven guilty. All that constitutional shit." Steve quietly said "I just, you know, don't think we can rule it out."

"That's precisely what we're trying to do here, Steve." Spoke Max Dustin nodding agreeing with Max

"And maybe we'd have a little bit more luck, if you spent less time trying to find a girlfriend, and more time trying to find Eddie." Dustin added

"Somebody has to attend to the customers." Steve tried

"Especially if there babes, right?" Robin said winking at Steve.

"Hey. not fair alright?" Steve stated "I attend to all customers equally, babes and non-babes alike. We've got a very big selection in here it can be super overwhelming for people."

"Yeah it can be." Robin said smiling, as she turned and began typing on the computer.

"What are yo doing?" Asked Max as they all gather around her.

"Maybe we don't need a last name." Robin pressed a few more buttons and all the Ricks came up.

"Twelve ricks have accounts here." Robin read

"lots of Ricks." Stated Marley

"So let's narrow it down." Said Robin clicking a button. "Rick alderman's latest rentals are Annie and Dumbo. Chances our drug dealer has a family?"

"Not likely." Replied Max

"Alright. Rick Conroy." Said Robin "sixteen candles, teen wolf, romancing the stone."

"No." They all said together

"Ok, Rick Joiner. Mask, footloose and grease."

"Nah." They all agreed

"Rick Kimbrough. The blue lagoon, and splash."

"Definitely not." Said max as they all chuckled a bit.

"No way." Added Steve

"Ok, Rick Lipton." Said Robin "fast times a ridgemont high. Cheech and Chong's next movie. Cheech and Chong's nice dreams. Cheech and Chong's up in smoke."

"Bingo." Exclaimed Dustin

"Lipton?" Questioned Max

"Speeded like the tea. 2121 Holland road.

"That's out by lovers lake." Said Dustin

"Middle of nowhere." Added Max

"It's the perfect place to hide!" Exclaimed Robin.

They all ran out the shop to Steve's car, where the began driving to lover's lake.

By the time they arrived at Reefer Ricks it was already dark, and it looked like no one was there, or had been for quiet a while.

Dustin rang the doorbell once, then again, and then a few times repeatedly.with no one answering

"Ok, well that's settled. I guess he's not here." Steve pointed out.

Dustin knocked on the door this time. "EDDIE! ITS DUSTIN!"

"Great." Mumbled Marley

"Look, we just wanna talk, ok? No cops, I swear, we just wanna help!" Dustin tried again. "Eddie?"

"Sh." Said Robin shining a torch inside

"Rick!" Dustin called ignoring Robin and continued banging on the door. "Reefer Rick!"

"Don't scream that." Steve warned.

"RICK!"

"He's not there." Said Marley

REEFER RICK!" Dustin called again

"He could just be really high." Dustin suggested. As Steve peered through the window.

"Is that a foot?" Asked Steve

What?!" Questioned Marley fear in her voice

"No, that's just a shoe." Dustin answers

"Hey, guys?" They all looked over to see Max, standing at the other end and of the house and pointing her flashlight into the woods. They all looked over before walking over. There was an old boat house at the lake she was shining her torch on.

"Hello?" Robin asked. "Is anyone home?"

"What a dump." Steve spoke . The floor boards crept as they walked, and Steve grabbed an oar that was hanging on the wall, and proceeded to prod at boat that was filled with tarp.

"What are you doing?!" Dustin asked him. "What are you doing?"

"He might be in here." Steve said wit a duh expression.

"So, take the tarp off!" Suggested Dustin

"If you're so brave, you take the tarp off." Steve commented

"Hey, look over here." Marley said as she shone her torch on a bunch of food wrappers and beer cans. "someone was here."

"Maybe he heard us...got spooked and ran." Robin suggested

"Don't worry. Steve will get him with his oar." Dustin commented pointing at Steve who was still poking and prodding a boats

"I know you think you're being funny Henderson, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died about a hundred times, personally, I don't find it funny in the slight-"
Steve stoped poking the tarp and turned to Dustin to continue arguing when a body jumped up and ran to Steve pushing him up against the wall.

"WAIT, WAIT, WAIT WAIT!" Yelled Steve in a panic

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Eddie! Eddie stop!" Yelled Dustin

Eddie held Steve's jacket in his fist, as he pushed him up against the wall.

"It me, it's Dustin." Dustin tried "this is Steve, he's not gonna hurt you right, Steve?"

"Right, yeah." Steve answered

"Steve, why don't you drop the oar." Asked Dustin, Steve dropped the oar and Eddie pushed him up the wall further. "He's cool, he's cool."

"I'm cool, man, I'm cool." Steve Replied

"What are you doing here?" Asked Eddie

"We're looking for you." Said Dustin "where here to help. Eddie, these are my friends. You know Robin, from Band,"

Robin pretended to play a trumpet, "This is my friend Max, the one who never wants to play D&D?" Max have a small waved. "And Marlow, the one that sat with us at lunch the other day." Marley gave smile. "Eddie, We're on your side. I swear on my mother. Right guys?"

"Yes. Yes, we swear." They all answered

"Yeah, on Dustin's mother." Added Marley

"Yeah, Dustin's-Dustin's mother." Steve agreed. Finally Eddie dropped the can and Steve stepped over to the others, Eddie leaning back against the wall and falling to the floor. Marley was quick to examine Steve's throat for cuts.

"Are you alright?" Asked Marley, Steve nodded as he sat down as well.

"Eddie, we just want to talk." Dustin said catching the others attention. "Ok?"

"We want to know what happened." Robin added

"You won't believe me." Eddie sniffed looking up and Marley could tell he was crying.

"Try us." Replied Max. Eddie began telling them what had happened.

"Her body just, like, lifted up into the air and, uh...and she just like, hung there. In the air. And her bones... uh, she, her bones started to snap. Her eyes man. It... it was like there was something, like inside her head pulling. I, I didn't know what to do, so I... I ran away. I left her there." Eddie paused "you all think I'm crazy right?"

"No, we don't think your crazy." Dustin answered

"Don't bullshit me man, I know how this sounds." Eddie replied

"We're no bullshitting you." Marley said

"We believe you." Added Robin

"Look, what I'm about to tell you, might be a little difficult to take."

"Ok." Eddie answer confused.

"You know how people say Hawkins is... cursed?" Asked Dustin "there not way off. There's another world, a world hidden beneath Hawkins. Sometimes it bleeds into ours."

"Like ghosts and shit?" Asked Eddie

"There are somethings worse than ghosts." Answered Max

"These monsters from this other world... we thought they were gone. But they've come back before. That's why we needed to find You." Dustin explained

"If there back again, we need to know" added Marley

"That night, did you see anything?" Asked Robin

"Dark particles, maybe?" Added Max Eddie shook his head

"It would almost look like dust, swirling Dust." Dustin went on.

"No, man there was nothing you could see,
Or, uh... or touch. You know I tried to wake her man. She couldn't move, it was like she was in a trance or something."

"Or under a spell." Suggested Dustin

"A curse." Mumbled Eddie

"Vecnas curse." Replied Dustin

"Who's Vecna?" Asked Steve

"A undead creature of great power." Replied Dustin

"A spell caster." Added Eddie

"A dark wizard." Dustin finished

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 420 38
SLOW UPDATES Please vote and comment it lets me know if I should keep writing the story or not. Steve Harrington x Henderson!Reader This will star...
3.3K 257 17
ᴱᵛᵉⁿ ᵐⁱˡˡⁱᵒⁿˢ ᵒᶠ ᵐⁱˡᵉˢ ᵃᵖᵃʳᵗ, ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵘⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵐᵒᵒⁿ ʷⁱˡˡ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ʳᵉᵃˡⁱᵍⁿ. ☆ Stranger things // Ste...
88.9K 1.7K 21
Jamie 'Stiles' Harrington. Younger sister of Steve Harrington. She was well known by everyone in Hawkins. some would say she's a trouble maker. After...