A Marriage Contract

By sequinedsmile

Vincent Chae, CEO of The Chae Foundation and a single father, faces a dire situation. He must marry quickly t... More

Characters
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
House
Chapter 5- Part 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Author's Message
Chapter 46
Announcement+Upcoming Books
Chapter 47
THE NEW BOOK RELEASE🥳

Chapter 24

2.4K 85 2
By sequinedsmile

Eliza's POV-

"Have you packed everything you need?" Mom asked. 

"Yes," I answered. 

"What about your Hanbok?" She asked. 

"Packed it already," I said. 

"I have something to tell you." Her voice went flat all of a sudden. 

"What happened? Is everything okay?" I panicked. 

"Everything is fine. It's just that..." She hesitated. 

"Just what?" I asked. 

"Your cousin Lauren is going to stay with us along with Henry." She said. 

"Why? Can't she live with her parents? They are like 10 minutes away from our house." I was annoyed.

"Apparently she wants Henry to know our traditions." She also didn't sound excited about it. My whole family doesn't like Henry. Especially my father. 

"The most white-washed boy in the world is going to learn our traditions?" I scoffed sarcastically. 

"If you don't want them there I'll tell her to go to her parents' house," Umma said.

"No, it's fine. I have moved on from him ages ago and whatever he does has absolutely no effect on me. Also, I am happy in my marriage now." I said. 

"Speaking of your marriage is your husband coming?" Umma asked. 

"Him? No. He is busy with work." I said. 

"You never told us what he does," Mom commented.

"I could've told you if you would've been willing to listen before scolding me nonstop I would've been able to tell you," I said.

"Stop being over-smart and just tell me. He isn't jobless, is he?" She asked. 

"Quite the opposite actually. He is the CEO of a company." I sounded proud. 

"So he's unemployed?" She was sarcastic as ever. 

"No, he is the CEO of a multibillion company," I said. 

"I heavily doubt that some CEO will fall for you." She said. 

"Umma!" I said. '

"Just kidding. I'll end the call now a delivery has just arrived. See you tomorrow." She said. 

"See you." I cut the call. 

"Mommy! I am home!" Lily's voice came from the living room. I got out of the kitchen. 

"What's for lunch?" She asked rubbing her tummy. 

"Pasta," I said. 

"Yay! I go and change." She ran upstairs. 

I was going to miss her and Jamie. The doorbell went off at that moment. I went to open the door. It was Roman. 

"Hey, is Vincent home?" He asked. 

"No, but come on in." I gestured him to enter.

"Nah, it's fine. I'll go and talk to him at his office." He waved his hand dismissively.

"I made pasta for lunch so you can join. Anyways it's just me and the kids home." I said. 

"Pasta you say? Then I'll come." He grinned.

Lily was really happy on seeing her uncle. We all had lunch together after that I put the kids to sleep. Afternoon naps are a must for my little gremlins. I came down to the living room where Roman was sitting on the couch sipping on rosemary grape kombucha. 

"Hey, Eliza. Come on sit here." He patted the couch. I went ahead a sat down, he offered me a bottle of Kombucha. 

"So, you are going tomorrow right?" He asked. 

"It's my parents anniversary day after tomorrow." I said. 

"Isn't that halloween?" He asked.

"Yeah. My parents met at a college halloween part dressed as  Dr. Alan Grant and Dr. Ellie Sattler from Jurassic Park and they clicked. Two years later they invited people to a halloween party which actually was their wedding." I explained. 

"Your parents sound like interesting people." He commented. 

"They are something." I said. 

"So, what are you gifting them?" He asked.

"Me and my brother have chipped in to send them on their second honeymoon to greece." I said. 

"That's nice. Do your parents expect something like that from you?" He asked. 

"No, my umma likes jewellery and appa like  watches so we have made them think that's we are gifting them." I said. 

"Can I ask your opinion on something?" He questioned. 

"Sure." I said. 

"I am thinking of moving but I am not sure if I should." He said. 

"Moving from where to where?" I asked. 

"From LA to New York." He said. 

"That's a big distance. But why do you want to move?" I asked. 

"Numerous reasons to be honest. Like all three of my brothers are here and I am the only one who lives that far also living in LA gives me zero personal space, the media and the paparazzi are everywhere. I want to be close to our family. I want to be with the kids and watch them grow up like my hyungs can. I want to be there for my hyungs." He said. 

"But you are hesitating because..." I waited for him to continue. 

"Because I am an actor and LA is Hollywood, that place is where most actors live. Moving almost 3000 miles across the country is a big step." He explained. 

"Do you want to live back in LA? Many times it's not the place it's the people and memories made with that place." I said. 

"That's the deepest shit I've ever heard." He muttered. 

I laughed, "What I meant was is there someone special there for whom you want to stay?"

 "Not really, to be honest except for the people close to me rest everyone is shitty and close to me because I'm famous." He shrugged. 

"Then I think you should do it." I said. 

"You do?" He sounded surprised.

"Sure, why not? You want to do it, just have a talk with your brothers first and then I would say go for it." I suggested. 

"You know, I am thankful that Vincent married you. You actually give realistic advice." He said. 

"I have a younger brother so I know what it's like to me asked a thousand times about some decisions." I said.

"And the funny thing is I am much older than you." He said. 

I chuckled. Roman's phone started buzzing all of a sudden. Both of us were startled. He checked it and his expression changed from the light hearted one to a serious one. 

"It finally happened," He muttered under his breath.

"What happened?" I was worried.

"The media caught on to your and Vincent's relationship." He handed me the phone to show me an article. 

The comments on the article were both hilarious and terrifying. Some people were thirsting were for Vincent, some were normal and the other's were just wow. They were calling me names and shit.

"Don't let them get to you. They are just trolls." Roman said. I nodded. 

Now, this is going to be some experience. 

'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.9K 4.4K 71
Anthony Lockwood. I gave myself to him 6 years ago, I thought we would be together forever. Things happened. We had to end our relationship. 6 year...
4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
739K 23.3K 33
Madison Sweeney was well prepared to spend her life alone with her three children after her hateful relationship came to a crashing end. She never ex...
703K 24K 55
BOOK TWO OF HARRISON SERIES. Charlotte McGill is sublimely good with children. She totally adores Kathie, Marcus Harrison's one-year-old daughter. Sh...