ANGEL OF LIGHT AND DARKNESS (...

By YsaCordova31

Ysabelle Dupain-Cheng is Marinette Dupain-Cheng's twin sister. She has been in London for 9 long years becaus... More

Chapter One: New Beginnings
Chapter Two: Wouldn't Change A Thing
Chapter Three: Hellhole
Chapter Four: Nice To Meet You
Chapter Five: Friends or Foe's?
Chapter Six: Troubled Mind
Chapter Seven: One Mind, Two Hearts
Chapter Eight: Introducing You
Chapter Nine:Different Worlds
Chapter Ten: Feeling's Confirmed
Chapter Eleven: Family Day and Confession?
Chapter Twelve: Courage over Fear?
Chapter Thirteen: Goodbye, My Love
Chapter Fourteen: Missing you
Chapter Fifteen: Home Is Where Your Heart Is
Chapter Seventeen: An Ally or A Threat?
Chapter Eighteen: Darkside
Chapter Nineteen: Secrets
Chapter Twenty: Misunderstanding
Chapter Twenty-One: Dreams Are Half Meant
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Promise
Chapter Twenty-Three: Revelation
Chapter Twenty-Four: Wild Turn Of Events
Chapter Twenty-Five: Im With You
Chapter Twenty-Six: A Job So Unfair
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Truth
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Falling Apart
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Painful Goodbye's
Chapter Thirty: The End Is Just The Beginning

Chapter Sixteen: Birthday Surprise

395 13 2
By YsaCordova31

                          YSA'S POV

It was night time when marinette and I decided to rest outside my bedroom balcony,we were talking about her time from school since I went back to London.

"And you know,what? My classmate is such a liar! She really lived up to her name. Lie-la!" She said while pouting. I gave her a confused look.

"Lila? Why does she sounds familiar?" I put a finger to my chin.

"Oh, she's just this liar girl that goes everywhere and lies about having make-up deceases to make everyone pity her."

"Ah! Yeah,I remember." I mumbled. She's the girl at my photoshoot last year,the one who said she had a leg injury just so she can pass through the crowd of paparazzi's to be in front. But when I was about to leave, I saw her running after me. No injuries at all. She shouted her name is Lila and she's from Paris. Does that makes sense?

"You were saying something?" Marinette pulled me from my thought.

"No not at all. But why are you so affected about her? It's her lie,not yours." I said,looking at the sky. I'm sure it will be a bright morning tomorrow. There's so many stars.

"I'm not! It's just that-- she's lying so she can come closer to Adrien." I shot her a stare when I heard her say his name.

"Really?" I question and she nodded.

"She's sitting at the back of our class and lied about having difficulty hearing just so she can sit beside Adrien." She grunted. I gave her a small laugh.

"Seriously,Ysa? This is not a laughing matter. It's about Adrien, and he's having a-- oh my god!!" She suddenly shriek like banshee making me jump up my chair.

"What the hell Marinette?! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I said to her then slap her in the arm.

"I'm so sorry, I just remembered Adrien's birthday surprise for tomorrow. Some of our friends will come,wanna join us?" She said. Adrien's birthday is tomorrow? What a coincidence.

"But I didn't bought a gift for him. I didn't know." She just laughed at me

"It's okay! I'm sure he will be happy to see you. He thought you wouldn't come back, geez! He sure is fan-boying at you." She answered and I laughed at the thought of him being my fan.

"Okay,okay! I know it will be a surprise,so mind if I join the plan?" I offered and her eyes sparkled at the thought before hugging me.

It's already late when Marinette and I decided to end our discussion and go to bed so that we can wake up early to start the surprise plan. I was laying in bed and keep staring at the gray ceiling of my room,Jinro seemed to notice it so he flew infront of me.

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" He asked.

"Just some random thoughts"

"If it's just a random thought,you wouldn't keep sighing 3 times for the past 5 minutes,Ysa." He said not convinced about what I answered.

"Okay, fine. I'm starting to get guilty about my decision." I confessed.

"Guilty about lying not to come back? Or because of your vacation?" I growled in annoyance and he seemed to get it.

"But Allison said that you don't have to worry about it." He said and I sat up.

"Allison said not to worry myself, she didn't said not to feel guilty about it,Jinro. And that's what I'm feeling right now, I feel it's my fault that she had to start a new job because of my personal choice. Why is it so hard to keep everyone happy?" I said while cupping my face.

"Ysa, you can't please everyone. There are some choices you have to take for your own satisfaction and not everyone will agree nor understand you."

"I know that.if I can't make everyone happy, so are my loved ones. I can't keep failing them like this. Yeah sure, Allison is happy for me and my decision but I know deep inside she's leaning on me. I can sense her disappointment,Jinro. I'm selfish for not thinking it may affect her. Damn,why didn't I think of it before I decide." I frustratedly roll in bed.

"Okay, that's enough. Allison is not mad nor disappointed with you. Although she may be a little sad, she wants to be happy for you, And you should too. it's just like you said last night. You are together for 9 years, Maybe it's time for you to give space to each other?" He said. I sighed and nodded.

"Maybe I was relying on her too much,huh? You're right. Thanks,Jinro." I kissed his cheeks and went back to bed. I greeted him goodnight and sleep with no worries in mind.

The next morning I woke up with the sound of someone banging my bedroom door. The banging stops and I heard my sister's voice shouting outside.

"YSA! WAKE UP ALREADY! WE'LL BE LATE FOR THE YOU KNOW WHAT!" Marinette is hyper in the morning while I feel gloomy and dark. I think that's one of the many differences she and I had, the reason why no one will believe us when we tell them we're twins.

"I'm up! Sheesh! No need to be excited!" I shout back,then I got up and went inside the bathroom to take a shower.

I wore my fusia pink neko t-shirt with a word 'keep the faith' written below the cat print. I'm tired of wearing jeans today so I wore my gray silk skirt with chains hanging through the side and pair it with my black heeled pumps. I got my painter black hat and my chain shoulder pouch, sprayed a little of my perfume then I'm off to go. I watch my reflection in the mirror before going downstairs and I might say, I'm really born for this.

"Glad you wore bright color today,Ysa. Your fashion sense is really over the top!" Jinro commented and I winked at him before putting the power up necklace that Master Fu gave me along with Jinro's miraculous choker.woah! Didn't think it could make a really great fashion accessory. I just hope it will end up well for all of us. I went downstairs to see Marinette sitting in the kitchen with our parents.

"Breakfast is ready,your highness!" Marinette teased and I just roll my eyes at her.

"You're really a model,dear. Look at the way you dress. It's magnifique." Mom said and dad nodded with what she said. I thanked them both then sat down beside Marinette.

After breakfast Marinette and I decided to meet up with the others in the park. I wore my facemask and dark shades while we walked hand in hand.

"Did you tell them I'm coming?" I asked nervously.

"Nope. We'll surprise them." She laughed and I just shook my head.

We were walking for about 5 minutes when I saw the park gate. She told me to hide behind the tree so that they can't see me and ruin the surprise. And I did, I hid behind the tree near to where Luka,Juleka,Rose,Kim,Alix,Ivan,Mylene,Max,Nathaniel,Nino,and Ayla are standing. It's not surprising that Chloe and Sabrina are not present. From here I can hear what they were talking about clearly.

"So everybody here?" My sister asked them.

"Chloe and Sabrina said they'll go ahead and help with the food and drinks." Rose said. Ah, so that's why they're not here.

"Okay, so the venue's at Luka and Juleka's boat house?" Marinette asked again.

"Yep! We figured out it'll be spacious for all of us,plus! We will not be disturbed by any adults and we can have all the fun we want." Nino answered.

"Any casualties?" Alya asked them with her eyes on her phone.

"Uhm. I think the decorations are ready." Alix said and Kim nodded agreeing with her.

"The only problem is Adrien. What if his father won't allow him to hang with us?" Mylene said causing them to stop what their doing and stare at her as if she made a point.

"Mylene is right! There's a 90% chance that his father will not allow him.70% that this party will not go on. And 90% chance of us disappointed and 100% chance that one of us will be akumatize." Max being max calculated and estimating the chances of Adrien's surprised party.

"Knock it off, it will not happen." Juleka calmly said to max.

"Why I haven't thought about it?!" Marinette panicked. So she's the one who planned this surprised party. Hahaha.

"Relax girl, it will be okay. Nino will go to Adrien's house to fetch Adrien and bring him to the boat house. Easy-peasy!" Alya comforted my sister.

"That's right,dudette! I'm pretty sure Mr. Agreste will allow me to fetch his son for his own party." Nino reassured.

"Okay. No time to waste. But first, I want you to see someone." Marinette announce then looked at the tree I was hiding.

I saw all of them stared at the same tree where I popped my head. They seemed confused and I remembered I was wearing a hat and a sun glasses. Silly me! I came out of my hiding spot then remove my glasses and I waved at them.

"Hello." I said making their jaw drop and glued on where they were standing.

"SURPRISED!!!!" Marinette shouted but none of them moved. They were still looking at me as if they saw a ghost.

"Seriously? Are you not happy to see me?" I asked, Rose suddenly squealed then jump towards me and hugged me. The others seemed to wake up and began to walk towards me to give me a hug too.

"Oh my god! I can't believe you're really back!" Alya said before she broke the hug.

"Hmm. Sorry I didn't tell all of you, I was planning on surprising you." I sincerely said.

"It was totally cool! We really thought we weren't be able to see again,dudette." Nino said with a smile.

After the long speech of drama, we decided to release the 'Make Adrien's father give consent about the surprise party' plan. So we waited for Nino to come back since we all voted for him to go to the Agreste's mansion to fetch Adrien. Half an hour and he's back with a gloomy face and we already thought it didn't go well with the talking.

"I'm guessing that's a no." I said when he came near us.

"Why do adults always ruin the fun?" He said while sitting in the nearby bench.

"What are we going to do? If Adrien couldn't come,our party will be ruin." Kim said.

"What did he say,Nino?" I asked pertaining to Mr.Agreste.

"He said that we're all a bad influence to his son.he locked Adrien into his room. What a killjoy." Nino grunts.

"He locked him up? On his birthday?!" I thought to myself. Well that wasn't nice at all! I have to do something about it.

"If we can't do anything about it, then what about the surprise party?" Mylene asked us.

Nino seemed to be upset about it. Marinette is down, Alya is comforting her boyfriend and the other's are disappointed. If this goes on, I think akuma will akumatize them for such negative energy. I really must do something!

"Relax, you guys! We still have plenty of time. Quick! Everyone head to the boat house to make sure everything is settled. Nino, Alya,and Marinette will stay here and wait for me. I'll go fetch him." I said then started to walk away. The others walked through the other direction to go back to the boat house as for my orders.

"But,Ysa. How will you convince his father? Nino doesn't feel good about it." Alya said and I stopped from walking to look back at Nino. He looks sad that his bestfriend is locked up on his birthday.

"Hey,Nino!" I called him and once he looked at me, I smiled.

"I will knock some sense into his father,okay? I'll bring Adrien here so you all could continue the plan." I reassured and he nodded a little bit down.

"Goodluck,sis! I hope you can talk it out with his father." Marinette shouted when I began to sprint forward.

I know there's a possibility that I can't talk it out with him, but I HAVE to! For their efforts, I have to.

"Geez, why am I running when I can fly there!" I said to myself, then went under the subway to transform.

"Jinro,RISE UP!"

I transformed and leap through the clouds so no one can spot me flying. I was near the Agreste mansion when I saw an akuma flew outside the mansion's window. I landed on the nearby building,confused and worried that it might be after Adrien, or even Nino.

"Not today, disgusting moth!" I clenched my teeth in anger making the akuma feel my negative energy as in launches towards me. Once it was ready to enter my necklace I flicked a blue fire, burning it to ashes. I smirked thinking of how pissed hawkmoth would be once he couldn't sense his flying underling. I hid towards the chimney and de-transform.

"Jinro,FALL OUT!" Jinro flew out of my necklace and I gave him his favorite snack before jumping down the building. I know, a normal person would've died from this distance but I'm not a normal person,so suck it up! I'm an angel, even without my miraculous I can still have my powers. I'm just using it to hide my identity and to avoid suspicion.I run across the street and rang the buzzer. Few seconds after, Nathalie answered.

"Who is it?" She asked. I cleared my throat before answering.

"Good morning,Nathalie. It's me Ysa. May I talk to Mr. Agreste?"

"Oh, Miss, Dupain-Cheng. What brings you here?"

"I had a matter to discuss with Mr.Agreste if he's not busy that is." She paused for a second, seemingly talking to someone and few minutes after the gate opened.

"You're in luck,miss. Mr.Agreste wanted to talk to you,too. Please come in." She said. I took a sharp breath before entering.

"It's now or never,Ysa." I said to myself. I enter the mansion door and Mr.Agreste is waiting for me up the stairs. Nathalie guided me to the table and serve me tea then Adrien's father followed after sitting infront of me.

"So what is it this matter you wanted to talk about?" He asked.

"I will be frank with you Mr.Agreste. my friend,Nino came here earlier because he wanted to celebrate your son's birthday together with their other friends and I get it that as a father you only know what's best for him. But aren't you a little protective of him? He's 20 years old now. I know I'm not in the position to talk, but can't you give this day to Adrien,sir?" I said without breaking an eye contact on him. He just stared blankly at me before sighing.

"I know you thought I'm a bad parent, but believe me Ms.Dupain-Cheng. I was only protecting my only family." He said.

"By locking him up on his birthday? You called that protecting? Adrien's mind is not of a child,sir. His capable of protecting himself and of course, you. Isn't it time for him to decide on his own?" I pursed my lips together. That's it! I blew it up. I lost my patience and I might not be able to change this man's mind. I look down feeling embarrass about the things I've said.

"I know the moment I saw you, you could be worthy of being my son's friend. I investigated you,Ms.Ysa. for 9 years you grew apart from your family, you learned how to be independent and acted at your own will. I guess Adrien might have to learn from you." He said and I stared at him with disbelief. Does that mean he trusts his Adrien with me?

"Thank you so much,Mr.Agreste. you don't know how happy Adrien would feel." I bowed my head sincerely.

"It's my son's birthday today. I haven't been the nicest parent with him but I do care for his well being. Please take care of him and make sure he's happy." He said then turned around to leave.

"I did it, Nathalie! I convinced him." I said then look at Nathalie with a relieved expression.

"You did well, Ms.Ysa. I'm sure Adrien will be happy to spend the day with your friends." She answered. I look at my watch and tell the time, it's already 9:15am.

"Please tell Adrien to get ready and meet us at the park Nathalie. Nino will be there to fetch him up. Oh! The venue will be at the couffaine's boat house. I have to go to make sure the surprise is ready.and Don't tell Adrien about me being here, okay? It'll be my other surprise.Goodbye, Nathalie." I said then went out to the mansion to get to the park. I catched my breath while I was running near Marinette,Alya and Nino. They seemed to be waiting for the news that Im about to give them.

"You're back! How was it? Please tell me you convinced his father.please tell me! Marinette cupped both my shoulder and shakes me making me dizzy.

"Relax,girl! Let Ysa breathe." Alya hold her bestfriend's shoulder to stop her from rocking my world. Once she lets go of me I started to hold my head to stop my dizziness.

"You *pant* one crazy *pant* sister! Just let *pant* me breathe." I huffed.

They let me breathe for about 5 minutes. Nino seemed to be nervous so I gave him a reassuring smile.

"I did it,guys! Adrien will be here in a minute so we have to prepare the surprise birthday party!" I shouted making them jumped in Glee.

"Yes! I knew you could do it!!!" Marinette hugged me and Nino ruffles my hair.

"I'm so glad to have you here,Ysa! You don't know how happy we are." He said and I nodded in return.

"Okay,okay! I hate to break it to you guys but Adrien will be here any minute so we have to move. Nino will stay here and wait for your best buddy, while me, Alya and Marinette will get back to the both house to settle in.and don't tell him I'm back! Bbye!" I said the pull Alya and Marinette outside the park.

As soon as we stepped inside the boat house, the other's asked me how it goes and I just answered them with a smile. They seemed to get it because they all jump in happiness and success. We got ready and make sure the props,table,food,and the stage is ready.

*Omygod, Ysa! I didn't know you came back! I'm so happy!" Chloe squealed like a banshee before she went to me and hugged me.I just tapped her shoulder and gave her an awkward smile. She pulled away from me and to my relief,she didn't bother me again.

I was looking at the stage when Luka spoke beside me.

"Wanna join the performance later?" I put my hands on my chin and think for a second.

"Actually,I had something in mind. Since I don't have anything to give to the birthday boy, why not sing him a song?" I suggested and he agreed with the idea. I was choosing a song to sing for later when Nino texted Alya that they're on their way to the boat house. We panicked a little but then sorted things out. They told me to hide behind the stage so that when Adrien arrives I will start to sing and after that they will shout surprise. I nodded my head and began to head behind the stage to hide. Few moments later, rose signal me that Nino and Adrien are approaching so I composed myself and looked at Luka who readied his guitar for our entrance. It was so quiet I can almost hear my heartbeat. I peeked and saw Adrien entering the boat house with wide eyes, he was staring in awe at his friends who are just smiling happily at him. My sister went to him and gestured him towards the stage, he looked at Marinette confusedly and starts to look at my direction. I nodded at Luka then he began to strum his guitar. Ivan came up and hold his drumsticks then position himself to the drums, while Mylene went to the piano and sat down. I started to sing making him more confused.

Now playing: Gift of a friend by Demi Lovato.

"Sometimes you think you'll be fine by yourself
'Cause a dream is a wish that you make all alone
It's easy to feel like you don't need help
But it's harder to walk on your own"

I went out the stage and looked at him while still singing. I can see his eyes glisten with happiness and tears when he saw me. I admit I miss him and I wanted to hug him right now, but I still have to finish the song so I have to wait for later.

"You'll change inside when you realize,The world comes to life and everything's bright
From beginning to end when you have a friend by your side
That helps you to find the beauty you are
When you open your heart and believe in the gift of a friend
The gift of a friend"

I winked at him, and mouthed the words 'happy birthday' which made him laugh while mouthing the words 'thank you' back at me.

"And when your hope crashes down
Shattering to the ground you, you feel all alone
When you don't know which way to go
And there's no signs leading you home, you're not alone

The world comes to life and everything's bright
From beginning to end when you have a friend by your side
That helps you to find the beauty you are
When you open your heart and believe in
When you believe in, when you believe in the gift of a friend"

I finished the song just in time when all of them shouted..

"SURPRISE!!!!!"

I walked down the stage and let him envelope me with a hug. His embrace is so comforting that I can't even think straight for a second. I just wanted the time to stop so I can hug him longer.

"You came back.thank you." He whispered and I just smiled at him.

"I promised, didn't I?" I answered and he laughed at me before hugging me again.

"Sorry, I didn't know it was your birthday so I couldn't buy you a present. " I confessed.

"You came back for me. I couldn't ask for a better present than you, standing right infront of me." He touched my cheeks and I blushed at him.

He hugged me one last time and kissed my cheeks before walking back at his other friends to thank them. I was still rooted in place from his kiss and I think I won't be able to recover quickly. Fortunately, Alya pulled me to the balcony to get some fresh air before going back in to eat and have fun. They gave Adrien his presents and guess what? The effortless gift is from of course, no other than Chloe. I know she just ordered it online. Hahaha. Marinette gave Adrien a scarf and I know she knitted it. Alya said she finished it in just two days. Talk about effort! I went to her and complimented her work and she smiled at me in return.

"But don't forget that without this gal over here, there's no Adrien Agreste here today." Kim said then put his hands over my shoulder making Adrien confused.

"Ysa is the one who talked some sense into your father,dude. Thanks to her,You're here." Nino explained making Adrien looked at me with disbelief. He walked towards me and pulled me away from Kim.

"You did that?" He asked with somber eyes.

"Well,it had to be said." I answered while giving him a genuine smile.He chuckled and hugged me again. He thanked me again saying that he owes me so much he doesn't even know how to repay it. But I just said it's alright.

The party went on for hours until it was dark outside. We were partying and having fun and when it gets really late we decided to end it for tonight. Rose decided to stay for sleepover at Juleka's room, Mylene and Ivan went home together with Kim and Alix, Alya and Nino went home together of course, until it's just the three of us left. Adrien went to us,saying his bodyguard will be here any minute.

"Today is the best birthday ever! Thank you so much Marinette and Ysa." He said.

"Geez, enough with the thank you's already. We get it,you're grateful but we're doing this because we're friends and that's what friends do right?" I said and Marinette nodded at me.

"We glad you liked our surprise Adrien." Marinette said.

"Yes, I haven't been able to have fun like this since I was a kid. I won't forget this." He said and we all laughed.

We arrived at home at exactly 8pm. Mom and Dad greeted us before they went to bed and Marinette kissed me goodnight before entering her bedroom as well. Once I entered my room I immediately throw my phone in the desk,change my clothes,brushed my teeth and went to bed.

"You're really tired, huh?" Jinro asked me then flew infront of me.

"Yep! Who knows having fun could be tiring sometimes." I answered with a chuckle but he didn't answer, instead he just went to me and kiss my cheeks before heading towards his little bed to get some sleep. I closed my eyes thinking I should tell this to Allison but then shrugged it off because she might be sleeping at the moment.

"Maybe tomorrow." I said before closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

    -------------------------------------------------

                     -End of Chapter Sixteen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.9K 19
Adrien Agreste may seem like he has everything together. Being a famous model, all the girls crushing on him, secretly living a double life as a famo...
35K 1.2K 45
~Marinette Dupain-Cheng/Ladybug x F!Reader~ Y/N Agreste, twin sister of Adrien Agreste. As the daughter of Gabriel Agreste, great expectations are pl...
140K 3.6K 26
After living in New York for 6 years, recent billionaire Marinette Dupain-Chang decides to come back to Paris. She is the CEO of MDC Designs, a luxu...
13K 491 26
[ sequel to 'a new miraculous in Paris' ] === Y/n and Adrien agreste has gotten married and of course, had two twin babies. Rosie and Cole, Both of...