ππ„π˜πŽππƒ | 𝐃. 𝐃𝐒𝐕𝐒𝐧...

By amoursquill

"𝖠𝗅𝗅 𝖨 π—„π—‡π—ˆπ— π—‚π—Œ 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍, 𝖨 π—ˆπ—‡π—…π—’ 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 π–Ώπ—ˆπ—‹π–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—‹ 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 π—’π—ˆπ—Ž..." π—§π—›π—˜ π—¦π—˜π—€π—¨π—˜... More

ππ‘πŽπ‹πŽπ†π”π„
𝟒𝟣
𝟒𝟀
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
AUTHORS NOTE "
026
027
028
029
031/EPILOGUE
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃
THE ALTERNATE ENDING

030

989 47 38
By amoursquill

(A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the "interruption", I guess, but I decided to change the timeline and chapter count; after this chapter, the next chapter that will be released will be the final chapter. Thanks.)

**************

June 24

- SERENITY PAYTON -

It is now June 24th, and finally the entire group is back together, and honestly, I could feel that something was about to shift within our group. I just didn't know what it was. All I know is that Asia and Juan called a family meeting at Steph and Ayesha's house saying that they had to tell us something important.

So we were all here, sitting in the living room and guess who was here as well?

Les.

So you just know the tension was high since Amour was also here, but what was funny was that it was clear that Les was focused on Amour while Amour wasn't paying him any mind. It was as if to her, he simply didn't exist. Like it was her world, and he wasn't a part of it.

Good for her.

"So, a few of us have some things to say," Ayesha said, sitting down on the couch beside Steph, and he instantly placed his hand on her thigh. "But, we're gonna let Juan and Asia begin."

We all looked to Asia and Juan who had these uneasy and sad looks on their faces, but it was also as if they were trying to look on the bright side of everything at the same time, which was causing for all of us to be confused in the moment because we honestly and truly didn't know what was going on with either of them.

Juan sighed and ran his hands up and down his sweatpants. "Uh, so I just got word that I'm being traded to the Utah Jazz. Which means that Asia and I have to move to Utah..."

"Bro, are you serious?" Jordan exclaimed. "It's bad enough that they took you to the Lakers...at least you were 6 hours away, but fucking Utah?!"

Donte nodded. "I agree with Jordan. This is bullshit. They're wasting your talents, JTA. You don't deserve this, you really don't."

"That's what I said," Asia said. "This is bullshit."
"Straight up bullshit." Angel scolded.

Amour sighed and walked over to Juan giving him a tight hug and a sad, sympathetic smile. "It's gonna be okay. Soon you'll be back with the real team."

Juan grinned. "I doubt it."
"Oh no, we're bringing you back with the Warriors one way or another." Dray said firmly.

"What makes you think that?" Asia asked.

"We're gonna threaten Steve and Bob's lives." Maria said matter-of-factly. "Simple as that. First they take you away from GSW and put you with Baldie and the Lakers, and now they're sending you out into the middle of nowhere in fucking Utah? This is fucked up."

"Yeah, Juan," I said, shaking my head. "They can't keep doing this to you. They seriously can't."

Juan shrugged. "You know what; it's completely fine. I'm just hoping that I can make Utah feel like home for as long as I'm there, you know? I just wanna look at the positive side of it for right now. If it doesn't rain, you'll never grow, right?"

Asia frowned. "I'm gonna miss my caucasian house in the hills."

"When do you guys have to leave?" Gary asked.

"Uh we're actually leaving this weekend," Juan breathed out. "I have to be down there as soon as possible; and Asia pulled some strings and we've already gotten an apartment that we can quickly settle down into."

"THIS WEEKEND?" Klay exclaimed, choking on his drink. "Oh hell no, bro. This is some fuck shit!"

Asia nodded. "It really is...but it is what it is right? Now before I cry, can we please move on to the next person?"

The room got silent as we all looked around and for some reason, my eyes landed on Amour, she had this small smile on her face and she was just...I don't know, radiating happiness. I raised an eyebrow as I watched her practically bounce on the edge of her seat and held up her hand.

"Okay...so uhm I got two things, but...as you guys know, I've been seeing Jayson for a while—" Amour began.

Dray scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I know. You're the reason I can't talk about him anymore..."

"Draymond, hush." Hazel said, smacking the back of his arm.

Amour grinned. "Anyways...I made the decision to move to Boston with Jayson and Deuce."

All of our jaws dropped and our eyes landed on Les who looked completely, utterly and totally infuriated. It was almost as if he was feeling betrayed in some way.

I think we were all moreso shocked about Amour wanting to move away, but at the same time I understood...it was a sign for Amour not to move with Les because her moving would've been pointless, but her and Jayson have something that's real and undeniable while Amour and Les were like a young teenage relationship that was fast paced going down a dead-end street.

"You're leaving me too?!" Jordan cried out, sliding down the couch dramatically.

Amour laughed and pushed her curls out her face. "Jordan, I'm going to come visit. Plus, you'll see me at games, too."

"This is fucking depressing." Hazel mumbled.
"Beyond depressing..." Maria said shaking her head in disbelief.

Kasara shook her head in disbelief. "It's like the group is splitting up."

Asia shook her head. "Someone pour me a drink. I can't take this shit."

"No really, because why is one of our littlest sisters leaving us?" Angel frowned.

Amour shrugged. "Sorry, guys...but, I'm going to move to Boston  by the end of August. So you guys still have some—."

"No!" Jordan exclaimed, standing up. "Just no! I draw the line at the baby sister! You are not leaving young lady and that is FINAL."

Amour raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Uh, Jordan...I'm a grown woman. You can't tell me where I can and can't go."

"THE HELL I CAN!" Jordan said, poking her forehead.
Amour sighed. "Jordan, do you want me to send you postcards every week after I leave?"

Jordan relaxed and pouted, nodding his head. "Yes please."

"Okay..." Amour laughed. "Now the second thing is...I wrote a book...and I want you guys to be the firsts to read it before I officially release it.."

"You've been writing a book?" Donte questioned. "When did you even have the time?! You're with us all the time.."

Amour grinned. "I'm always observing and writing even when you think that I'm not...so while everything was going on, at some point I was writing and working on the book."

"What's it called?" Juan asked.

"It's called Infinity." she said with a proud smile. She reached down into her bag and handed us all hard copies of her book and we all gasped in shock seeing just how thick this book was.

Angel's eyes widened. "Dang girl, you were writing a lot! How didn't we notice..?"

Asia shrugged. "I think we were all too buried in our own problems, but I can't wait to read this...it looks interesting."

I was busy staring at the cover of the book because something about it seemed so familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was that was so familiar about the cover. Maybe I'd realize it later once I read it, but oddly enough, something about this book was too familiar about this.

But what was it?

"So this is it?" Les asked. "You wanna move for this other nigga but not me?"

"Les get the hell. That's why your permanently back in the G-League you bug-eyed bitch." Asia snapped.

"Why are you even here?" Juan snapped, cutting his eyes at Les.

Amour smirked. "I invited him."

"What the fuck?" Kidd exclaimed. "Why?"

"Because," Amour said. "This was my way of letting him know that I forgive him; and plus, the best revenge on someone is letting them see how happy your are; and I just wanted to rub it in his face."

Klay smiled and nodded his head. "I love the pettiness."

"I knew I raised you right." Juan chuckled, ruffling Amour's curls.

"I'm really happy for you, Amour, really," I said with a wide smile. "You deserve this happiness. I'm so proud of you. I can't wait to read this."

I really couldn't.

Amour smiled brightly. "Thanks, that means a lot."

While everyone continued with their own conversations, I turned my focus back to the book, studying the cover over and over and tried to figure out what the significance of the cover art was, but it still wasn't coming to me. It was something about the title of the story that seemed too familiar as well...but I couldn't understand why I couldn't place my finger on it.

I looked over at Donte who was examining the cover as well like he realized that something about the cover and the title was familiar to him as well. I was glad that it wasn't just me who was trying to figure out what the meaning behind this book was. But all I knew was that, I was beyond excited to begin reading.

Which is exactly why I would begin reading...

Right now.

I stood up and walked down the hall into the office and shut the door and sat down in one of the chairs and opened to the first page of the book; and on the first page was a dedications that read:

"To My Closest Friends, Rini and Donte. I hope that you'll know how much you two mean to me after you read this."

****

- THIRD PERSON NARRATIVE -

All the friends had returned to their own homes, thinking about all the information that they had gained from the family meeting that they had at the Curry Household.

It was safe to say that the friends were concerned about what would become of the dysfunctional family now that many of them were moving forward, starting their own lives and families, they wondered if their bond would break or if it would remain the same—completely unbreakable and carefree.

The memories that they all shared together were always going to be held dear within their hearts forever, and they would just have to learn how to cope with each other focusing on their careers, new families and new lives. The love between all of them wouldn't change at all; it was a love that couldn't be replaced.

They would all miss each other and being around each other everyday, but growing up meant changing and adapting to new things; creating new norms for themselves.

It was safe to say that the groups entire world had went silent with the news they had all received. They were all coming to terms with it. Having to say goodbye was the hardest thing to do...but it was one thing that couldn't change the dynamic of the group.

The memories.

They would always have memories to look back on and smile at. Memories that they could hold onto until they all met again one day.

That was the great thing about love; it never mattered how far you were away from the people you loved; you could still feel the love you and your loved ones shared no matter where you are in the world.

That's what the true definition of Infinity was: it's never ending...

*****

END OF CH. 030
What did you guys think...

NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST CHAPTER!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

BB By KayReader21

Teen Fiction

49.6K 1.7K 94
Charlotte is a quiet girl, she is not popular but is known for her good work. Charlotte is a focused person. She stays focused on her work more than...
104K 3.8K 41
( π— π—”π—šπ—œπ—– π—–π—œπ—§π—¬ ) , in which tyler finds the woman of his dreams in the most unexpected place. the city of magic. tyler herro + blackfem
3.4K 198 11
Book based in London, UKπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
130K 3.1K 6
The small details of your lives are what really matter in a relationship. It is not the mansion, the car, property, the money in the bank. These crea...