The Warmest Nights//Demon Sla...

By thejasuri

It's truly a beauty how even after the most heart wrenching memories, you can still hold your head high hold... More

Starting Up
The First Cast Of The adventure
Prologue
Part 1. Snow Sadness
Part 2. Devastating Change
Part 3. Accept Your New Students
Part 4. Rough Trainning Patches
Part 8. Slicing A Rock
Part 6. Mistakes To Be Corrected
Part 7. Everything To Return Back

Part 5. Two New Acquaintances

12 0 0
By thejasuri

Tanjiro wholeheartedly congratulated you, and vowed to slice to rock in the upcoming months and walk by your side during the final selection. 
You were really grateful for what he had said it also gave you a better sense of security knowing you wouldn't have to do it alone and decided to help him teach the breathing form which will actually help him slice the rock. 

It was early the next day Tanjiro wanted to get some breathing practice before he had breakfast venturing out in the woods for some time you carried a pot made of mud not very densely made but mad a little hollow it would be good practice.

"Blow into this harder and with a lot of pressure so you can break it until you will be able to do this..." You gave him the pot and sat down on the ground yourself and began practicing breathing on your own. 
Maybe around two hours had passed, and you were quite worn out, not being really pleased that you could not keep up constant breathing for more than two hours was frustrating for you. Since it had been almost a year, and you just could not seemed to push past the limit.  

Tanjiro panted heavily letting his head fall on the ground as he shook violently the mud pot not seeming budged at all. 

"Have some of these I found them." You dropped some apples on to his hands before washing them of by the nearby stream. 

"I'm not able to break the pot." Tanjiro said while eating he looked quite disappointed in himself. 

"It'll take some time since you forgot about this in the year and a half, but I have no doubt you'll do it!" You encouraged cheerfully.

Tanjiro nodded, "Yes, I must try harder." 

----------------------------------------------------------

Every day I train myself in constant breathing a little harder than before, I know this breathing is what is going to help me in my future battles I will face, and when I face against stronger foes when I find the demon who killed Akira and avenge her death. 
It's frightening and inspiring at the same time, I feel stronger and sometimes a deep sadness resounds in my heart. 
There are about five months before the final selection and I feel deeply uncomfortable but, also a feeling to prove myself. The days I was so happy, are gone now, and nothing can bring that back. The last thing I want to happen is seeing my close friends perish in front of me. 
My heart beats like the thunder, my legs feel like soup, and my mind goes blank when I find myself all alone. A year and a half back that dreadful memory adds another collection to the sad memories I collected in my life. If Tanjiro had not moved fast, if I did not think fast enough we would have lost Nezuko. It haunts me every night when I am left to my thoughts that I need to deal by myself. 
Giyu Tomioka. 
What a haunted name indeed. 
I'll never forget that face, that Nichirin sword, that mismatched Haori, His cold voice, and deadly eyes. 

Also, I have a deep longing to visit my home it's far away from here really far, but, maybe I can find something I know I'm not supposed to return there at least not until two more years. 

You stopped scratching the paper and stared at it a feeling of sudden emptiness consuming you. You suddenly missed your mother's warm hugs, and your dad's jokes. You missed when Akira would come home from the market. 

You sniffled, 

Your gone, your gone during the Sakura blossoms. 
Left me to rot in this emptiness.
Does not matter, if the air is cold or warm 
Memories I can't bring back
A faraway dream 
I should have been more grateful for
The thorns forced you to let go of my hand
should've known I was playing with fire 
Should've known I danced on glass 

Should've known I could get burnt
Should've known the glass could break
If I held on tighter 
If I held my breath longer
Then, maybe it would be only a nightmare 

I want to wakeup 

And laugh it of 

Saying it was only a dream
But
Your gone, your gone during the Sakura Blossoms 
Why did you leave me here alone?

Now I try to sing songs to pass the grief
I try to close my eyes 
tell myself it could all be a lie
But when the seasons change so quick
you aren't there to smile 
should I just let these tears fall?
What am I supposed to say to my heart? 

===================================

"Hello...oh..." You greeted but, your words trailed when you saw Tanjiro unconscious and wounded slightly, your first thought was that he had passed due to exhaustion. It was a valid assumption he had been working himself like an animal and had passed out. 

You checked to see if your assumption was correct, but then you noticed odd bruises over his face, his checkered haori looked like it was thrown on the mud and rubbed against till it was dirty. 
He had fresh scratches, and looked a little dry like he was fighting. 

"Will he be, okay?" A soft worried voice cut your chain of thoughts as you were surprised to see a young girl with a flowery kimono, with a gentle look in her big blueish black eyes.  She was crouching down not so far away from yourself. 

(Where did she come from? I didn't think anyone was here?) 

She turned her attention back to you, when she did not get an answer.

"He should be alright...you are?" You asked,

"I'm Makomo, I was here during the fight and I wanted to make sure he was okay."

"Fight?" 

"There was another boy over here his name is Sabito and a training took place."

"You just told it was a fight?" 

"It was not meant to be a fight."

"But it was a fight?" 

Makomo looked at you and smiled softly, "Is he your brother?" 

"No, he's my friend...what about that boy... Sabito? is he your brother?"

"Urukodaki took us in when we were orphans. I trained under him." Makomo looked at Tanjiro then at you, "Will you take him back to the house?" 

"I was going to..." 

Makomo smiled before walking away in the dense forests before her silhouette disappeared. 

========================================

You were having dinner with Tanjiro outside the cottage, enjoying the warm summer air you turned to Tanjiro and questioned him about the incident,

"Tanjiro who were you fighting with this evening?" You asked.

"Hm? Oh... There was this boy who had beautiful swordsman ship, he was fighting with a wooden sword but I was no match against him he appeared out of nowhere and challenged me." 

"He fought you with a wooden sword?" You asked surprised and got a little giggling going on, 

"Y/n don't laugh at me like that, He was to strong." Tanjiro's cheeks burned with embarrassment. 

"He sounds really strong, was he good looking?" You questioned.

"Huh?... what?" 

"Was he good looking?" 

"Y/n... I-I don't know he was wearing a mask." Tanjiro stuttered. At your unusually odd questions. 

"Sorry... for that... I was just curious."

"I think your getting a little to curious." Tanjiro nervously chuckled. 

 Was he about your age?" 

"He looked a year or two younger than me." 

"What was he doing in the woods all alone?" 

"Y/n...I..."

"What was his breathing style?" 

"I'm not... sure..." 

"Was he someone close to Uukodaki sensi?"

"I have no idea?" Tanjiro slowly said, "I have no idea to any of the questions I was asking myself the same." 

"Oh... Sorry I got a bit carried away." You laughed. 

"No problem Y/n." Tanjiro smiled. 

"I also met a girl who was just as odd like who you met."

"Really?" 

"Yes, She was a girl of a short structure, and she was there first when I found you unconscious." You said. 

"They were so odd, where did they come from? who were they?" 

You suddenly recalled what the girl told you, "Meet me here tomorrow Y/n." 

"She told me to meet her tomorrow, come with me maybe we'll meet them again?" You suggested. 

Tanjiro nodded smiling. 

============================

Tanjiro closed the journal when he finished writing and saw Nezuko who had not budged but, looked peaceful, next to her he saw you who bundled yourself under the blanket to cover the light of Tanjiro's lamp. Soundly sleeping. 
Everything was quiet
Which was scary 
but, also peaceful. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 23.8K 42
➵ Completed! © 𝚊 𝚒 𝚛 𝚒 𝚜 𝚛 𝚊 𝚒 𝚗 𝚜 ▸ Published: Apr 08, 2020 ▸ Finished: Mar 22, 2020 Slow updates. I'm either out of ideas, motivation, or...
207K 5.5K 71
【𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗】 "𝐈 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮" "𝐈 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐲�...
223K 4.6K 27
You became a pillar way before tanjiro and Giyu met, so this was like basically the beginning in the demon slayer anime/manga. You are the blood pi...
3.5K 89 11
A demon slayer fanfiction. [Nezuko x male reader] The darkness was your world. You lost everything so you became a demon slayer in order to prevent...