Taste of Fondness

By twinklemauve_

"I yearned and I longed. Someday, you'll remember me as someone you met from your past" More

Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Epilogue
SC and New Story
SC 2
SC 4

SC 3

812 36 14
By twinklemauve_

12 am

it was already late for greggy's 10 pm curfew. nakasimangot itong hinihintay ang anak sa sala

"love, tara na matulog na tayo. i texted eliza na kumatok sa room natin pagdating nya"

Irene went to carresed her husband na parang pupuputok na bulkan sa galit. he was not that jealous father not until Frederick proposes to Eliza.

"i'll wait for them hon, kung gusto mo nang matulog mauna kana. alam mo yang frederick na yan, sumusobra na. Gusto ko naman sya bilang kaibigan ng anak natin but when he proposes, ayokona sakanya lalo na ngayon, malapit na ang kasal nila"

Irene chuckled at what her husband had said. "heh seloso mo naman Mr Arañeta" she teases him but Greggy wasn't minding her

"hoy gregorio, hayaan mo na ang anak mo. ano bang gusto mo maging matandang dalaga sya?" Irene took a sit beside her husband who keeps on gazing at the door.

"i-i am so sorry hon. ayoko. ayokong mawala ang eliza ko sakin, ayokong malayo sya saakin, saatin. si eliza ang naging buhay at bumuhay sakin nung namatay si chari. i- i just love our daughter so much to the point na i am willing to gave up everything just to be with her" greggy admitted, crying, covering his face on her palm.

irene was just listening to his husband and hugged him to console Greggy. She was speechless from what she had heard. her husband was crying just beacuse ikakasal na yung anak nila, which was kind of dejavu to her.

not later an hour, the doorbell rang, greggy stood up directly and saw Eliza and her fiance hugging each other.

"you are late margarethe. anong klaseng babae ka ba anong oras na. uwian ba to ng tamang babae?" Greggy used his baritone voice, his eyes are still puffy.

"love, tahan na, hinatid naman sya ni fred" irene whispered and held his husband's hands.

Eliza and Frederick on the other hand were dumbfounded by what her father throws her.

"i am sorry tito, nalate ko ng hatid si eliza, mom and dad spends time with us kasi sa dinner and we enjoyed it. di na din po ako magtatagal aalis na po ako" frederick went to the arañeta couples to shake hands with greggy but he refuses it.

"ingat ka pauwi hijo." Irene hugged Frederick and he just smiled.

"bye love, eyes on the road ha" Eliza said and was about to hug fred when Greggy hemmed.

after Fred left, Eliza made her way directly to her room. she was frustrated by how her dad treated her husband-to-be.

"ganito na ba ang natutunan mo sa magiging asawa mo margarethe, ang maging bastos? hindi kaman lang nagpaalam na matatagalan ka ng uwi at ngayon, hindi kana nag kikiss nor hugged me" Greggy's voice were heard around the house

eliza lets out a heavy sighs first, alam nya saan na naman ito patutungo. "dad i am tired and please kung papagalitan nyo ako irerecord nyo na lang kasi to be honest galit ako sa iyo ngayon and ayokong maglabas ng galit sayo, just please let me sleep"

greggy smirked in disbelief " so ginaganito mona ako ngayon, inechapwera mo na ako? alam mo eliza wala ka ngayon kung wala ako. you should respect me"

"greggy tama na you are crossing the line na. walang patutunguhan ang usapan na ito. let's go, matutulog na tayo" irene interferred them. she now is also angry.

"tama ka dad wala ako kung wala ka, but that does not mean na kaya mo na akong kontrollin. alam mo dad kung ayaw mo saakin dito ngayon, i can leave para naman mabaawasan ang sakit ng ulo mo saakin" pangbabala ni Eliza. hindi na nya naintindihan ang tatay nya for acting weird the past days.

"hinahamon mo akong umalis? bakit inip na inip kanang makasama ang frederick mo? eliza kulang ba ang pagmamahal ko sayo para maghanap ka sa iba? anak kailangan kita, kailangan ko ang pagmamahal mo. huwag mo naman akong iwan" greggy breaks down in front of her mag iina.

eliza's eyes widened by what she had heard from her own father. He is not yet prepared for the wedding. he is not ready to give her up. " daddy damang dama ko naman ang pagmamahal mo, sobrang sobra pa pero dad iba si frederick e, i found myself in him. daddy kayo na pamilya ko ang buhay ko pero dad huwag mo naman akong pahirapan ng ganito kasi nasasaktan din ako" she then hugged him

the two were just hugging each other until Greggy calms down.

"daddy lets go to your room na po. inaantok na si mommy and you need to rest dad" Eliza played his hair to wake him up. tumango lang ito dahil wala itong ganang magsalita

morning came and Greggy found no steps of Eliza. he looks for him around the house but no presence of her in the house.

"hon asan ang mga bata?" He approached irene in the dining.

"si angelique pumasok na sa school and as for eliza wala na sya nung nagising ako, baka maaga ang duty nun sa hospital" irene went to greggy to hive him a peck of kiss.

"Are you okay now my love?" she smiled at him for reassurance and he nodded.

"inday, ilagay nyo na ang niluto ko please. thank you" Irene called one of their maids then the both of them took a sit.

" inday alam mo ba nasaan ang maam eliza mo?" Greggy asked the maid as she puts the bowl of rice in the table.

"ah eh ano sir, umalis man gid si maam kanina. may dala dala pa nga inyon na maraming maleta sir e tapos ano pa ho, may tinawagan at agad pinaharurot and kotse anoh. siguro hindi na nakahintay ng kasal si maam, magtatanan na yun" pagchismis ng kasambahay.

"inday tama na iyan, bumalik kana sa kusina at nagchichismis kana naman, pati si sir dinamay mo pa" the mayordoma reprimanded the maid. "pasensya kana sir, sadyang walang preno lang talaga ywng bibig ni inday" the mayor doma gave her dispense to greggy and pulled the maid.

"hon it's not what you are thinking. maybe may gagawin si eliza sa maleta kaya may dala sya." she comforted her husband who was staring at the wall, tears around his cheeks.

"umalis na sya irene. iniwan na ako ng anak ko" Greggy cried hard and irene was just hugging him, caressing his back.

Greggy's head was just leaning on Irene's shoulder when he felt something stings in his heart. " baka pagod lang to" he thought.

"i'll go to our room muna love, parang nahihilo ako" he said massaging his head.

"are you okay, love? namumutla ka ata? sabi ko sayo e, dont overthink too much, baka tumataas yung bp mo." Irene asked worriedly

Greggy just smiled faintly and managed to go to their room.

On the other hand, Irene called Eliza to tell her the situation and asked what had truly happened and surprisingly it turned out that the suitcase was borrowed by Jeanna for her month's stay outside the country.

"I will be there in a minute mommy. just wait for me" Eliza said and rushed went back home.

the moment Eliza arrived she saw no one since it was siesta, she just filled a glass of water and brought it to her parents' room. when she opened the door, she saw her dad sleeping peacefully but he looks weak.

she came closer and kissed his temple which made Greggy woke up. "you came back anak. thank you" he said weakly that tores Eliza's heart.

"i will always come back in your embrace daddy. kayo ang lakas at buhay ko" Eliza kneeled down to level the bed and tears escaped from her eyes.

"do you love him anak?" Greggy look at Eliza full of father's love

Eliza just nodded and kissed his palm " i am sorry daddy kung mahal ko si fred"

"shhh stop crying anak nasasaktan si daddy tuwing nakikita ka nyang umiiyak" he cupped her cheeks and kissed her hands.

irene who just came in witnessed their conversation and cant herself but cry. " you took look so cute my love" she kissed Eliza and went beside Greggy "how are you feeling na?" she asked holding Greggy's hand.

"maayos. better love, magaling ang doktor ko e" teasingly replied his wife.

"dad may tatawagan lang ako ha, excuse me muna . I'll be back agad" Eliza took her phone and excuse herself.

eliza dialed Frederick's number and he answered it immediately.

"mahal, I am sorry I cannot push this wedding. I love you Frederick but I really cant"

she stated and turned down the call. then, waves of tears fell in her eyes. mahal nya si frederick pero ayaw nyang masaktan ang tatay nya. she would sacrifice everything even her own happiness and love just to make her father at peace.

. . . . . . . . . . .

Anong kasalan, mamamatay tayong single lahat hooyy!

. . . . . . . . . . .

vote and comment.

. . . . . . . . . . . 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.8K 2.5K 30
A story of a lady living in a bed of roses, an international model, she have it all like literally all she wants and all she needs are provided. A co...
Dream Land By Ali

Fanfiction

3.3K 182 7
Grief is a lonely emotion that inherently has strong feelings. Pain is the proof of life. Pain lives inside us. Our lives come to an end with pain...
46.2K 1.3K 37
"It was three years ago when I left the country. It was three years ago when I signed Greggy and I's legal separation. It was three years ago when I...
67.1K 1.4K 43
How does one decide that it's finally time to say goodbye? How do I make time for a fraction of forever, suspends indefinitely so that I can have on...