I'm Just an NPC [TWST MALE OC]

By BambooRei

Waking up in a different body was not something that he had expected. One day, he woke up in the body of Piet... More

1 - Waking up in a new body
2 - The Remedial Test
3 - Reminds them of home
4 - Making a new friend?
5 - Expulsion
7 - Heart to Heart
8 - Rival

6 - Scheming

4K 236 83
By BambooRei

This was the first time he had stepped inside the headmaster's room. The room was big and empty. There was no other furniture besides a wooden table and a chair with purple cushion in the middle of the room. Pictures of some people were floating behind them. There was a lion, a man with hair on fire, a beautiful woman, and many more. The big chandelier on the ceiling was the source of the light in this room. Near the table was three windows with purple curtain and gold linings.

Sitting on the lone chair was an unfamiliar man. The man wore a half-mask resembling a raven's beak. He had pointed ears and short, wavy black hair. He sported a greatcoat over his suit with thick blackbird feathers curling out from its blue collar. He wore black gloves on either hand with golden claw rings over each of his fingers. On top of his head, He wore a mirror-like charm on his black top hat with three keys and a wing-like attachment.

"It's a bird."

Ruggie, who stood beside him, covered his mouth to stop his laughter.

"Welcome to my office, Mr. Bucchi and Mr. Destreza," The crow-like man spread his arms and ushered them to stand in front of his table. Why didn't they have chairs for the quests to sit on?

When the man stood up, the three mirror-like accessories attached to his hip with four golden keys dangling from them, were visible. The headmaster smiled and sat down.

But, any hint of friendliness disappeared as soon as he did that. His golden eyes beamed through his mask. Eyes set on the two students.

"I think you both already know why I summoned you here," The students nodded. "I heard from Professor Clayton that you assaulted him."

"It's not like that, Headmaster Crowley," But before Ruggie could continue, the fae stopped him.

"Let me finish first, Mr. Bucchi," Crowley continued. "When I heard two students attack a teacher, I didn't believe it. Night Raven College may have its share of egoistical students, but I'm sure they will never lay a hand on their teachers." Ruggie's expression slowly turned into relief as he heard the headmaster's words. "So, recite everything from the beginning. Don't leave anything behind."

Hearing that, they started talking. Explaining the event that transpired earlier in the Practical Magic class. How Clayton called them sub-humans and influenced some of the humans in the class to do the same. Crowley's expression darkened when the merman told him that Clayton asked him to end his life. And they ended it with how Clayton attacked them using 'lesson' as the reason. They would have died if Pieter didn't trigger their unique magic.

The rage on the headmaster's face was evident. Cracks formed on the table. The feathers around him bristled, and his eyes glowed.

"How dare that man," Crowley growled. "He hurt MY students."

"Headmaster...?" Ruggie said, noticing the intense magic that started to gather around the fae.

"Ah, my apologies," The man coughed slightly, regaining his composure again.

"Is it possible for you to retract the expulsion? You are the headmaster, right?" asked Pieter. He noticed that this crow man was strong. From that short amount of time, the magic that swirled around the fae was heavy. Pieter's heart beat in his chest. He swore that man would destroy this school if Ruggie didn't call him out.

Crowley sighed. "I will try my best. However, Professor Clayton has certain connections with some people that I can't touch."

Ruggie interjected. "So the rumor is true. That bastard has a connection with one of the donators of this school."

So, the school's money came from donators. That's the reason why an orphan like Pieter could even attend here. He doubted that the original Pieter had enough money to pay for the tuition to enter a prestigious school.

"Hah, even when I'm trying so hard to contain the rumors, hiks," Crowley put his palms, covering his face, and started crying out of nowhere. This man was so dramatic.

"Shishishi, don't underestimate the trustworthy intel from the second prince of Afterglow Savannah."

"Ah, so it was Mr. Kingscholar."

"Who's that?" Pieter's question was met with an incredulous look from the hyena.

"You don't know the House-warden of Savanaclaw?"

Pieter shrugged. "I never care about the other dorms." More like, he just arrived into this world a couple of days ago.

From what he gathered, Leona Kingscholar was the second prince from a country called "Afterglow Savannah". From its name, it must be a kingdom for beastmen. As a prince, of course, he was going to be rich. And that's where Ruggie came from. Based on his personality, he must play as this prince's babysitter to get something in return. What kind of person was this Leona, he wondered.

"As Mr. Bucchi had said, Professor Clayton indeed has a connection with one of the donators. That person has put me under a lot of pressure to add that man as a staff member." Ah, nepotism at its best. "Not only that but he is also related to one of the teachers in Royal Sword Academy."

"Tsk, the school for the rich and spoiled kids," Ruggie snickered.

So there was another prestigious school other than NRC?

"I believe you must have heard the name Jonathan Clayton, the Viscount from Land of Pyroxene."

Before Pieter could shake his head, Ruggie slammed his hands on the table. "Of course. Isn't his ancestor the one that signs the peace treaty between Afterglow Savannah and Land of Pyroxene?"

"Indeed. Jonathan Clayton is an admirable man. Following his ancestor's footsteps, he delivers speeches and teaches the importance of respecting and understanding other people from different races. Currently, that same man is teaching in Royal Sword Academy," Crowley explained. "I'm surprised you have heard of his name before, Mr. Bucchi."

"Well, he is famous in Afterglow Savannah. Many people respect him."

"Are you saying that the man who called us with derogatory words shares the same blood with this Jonathan Clayton?" asked Pieter.

"It is very surprising, but it is the truth," Crowley added. "They both are cousins."

"So, one of the donators that want Clayton in was..."

"None other than the Clayton Family themselves," Crowley's expression turned solemn. "They have donated a lot of their fortunes to pay for the school expenses. If we somehow lost their support, I can't imagine what's going to happen. Hundreds of young aspiring magicians have to be cut off from school." The headmaster cried again.

"Then, headmaster," Pieter said. "Are you going to expel us?"

"Wait, Pieter! We are here to negotiate that," the hyena exclaimed.

"The options are either you save thousand of students and sacrificed two, or save two students but sacrificed the other students." The merman said. "No matter how I see it, the former is a better proposition."

The room was silent. No one was speaking. Ruggie who also realized their situation lowered his head. His hyena ears were down. His bushy tail lay limp.

He didn't expect that Ruggie would be dragged into this. If it's only him, he won't mind getting expelled. But this hyena. He always said he took care of the kids around his area. He must have had a rough life. He never allowed himself to destroy a young man's future.

He already made up his mind when he first entered this room.

"Let me take all the blame," The other people inside the room stared at him in shock. "Ruggie didn't do anything wrong. It was my unique magic that hit him."

"Wait what?!" This was the second time Ruggie had raised his voice today. "No, you can't! Don't try to play the hero. We can do something," The hyena's eyes glanced left and right. "Err... Maybe Leona can help us. I'll ask him."

"Don't involve others, you brat! Listen to me!"

"Shut the fuck up! Like hell, I'll agree with that idea. You are going to run with tails between your legs?!"

"No! I'm just..."

"I'm not listening. Stop trying to sacrifice yourself, you dumbass!" Ruggie averted his gaze toward the headmaster who had been looking at them with tears in his eyes. "Headmaster. You have another way, right?"

"Huhuhu, an NRC student who sacrifices himself to protect another student! What a beautiful show of camaraderie!" He blew his nose using the tissue on the table. "No worries, Mr. Bucchi. I won't allow Mr. Destreza to get expelled from this school, for I am gracious!"

Hearing that, Ruggie's body relaxed. His eyes kept glaring at the merman beside him. However, this time, his hand locked with Pieter's hand, not giving Pieter any chance to escape. He sighed. So much for trying to not involve Ruggie in this dilemma. Look at this hyena, not letting his hand go at all. Every time he moved his hand a little bit, the other hand tighten the grip around his hand.

"I have an idea," Crowley smiled. "How about we settle this with a duel?"

"Duel?"

"Yes. Both of you VS Professor Clayton."

"I'm sorry, sir, but we are still a student and he is a skilled magician. How can we even defeat him?"

"What Pieter said," Ruggied chimed in. "This is a suicide mission."

"But this is the only chance to turn everything around. If I don't expel you both, the Clayton Family will retaliate. However, if we guise this as an official duel, then it will be fine."

Pieter thought for a bit before nodding his head, agreeing with the plan.

"Fine, it looks like we don't have any other choice. You in, Ruggie?"

"Shishishi, like hell I'll run away," The hyena grinned. "This is also my chance to finally punch that guy's face."

"Great!" Crowley waved his hand. The students jumped as a paper and a pen appeared on the table. "The duel will be held in three days. The conditions are, if Brian Clayton wins, Pieter Destreza and Ruggie Bucchi will be expelled immediately."

"If we win, fire Clayton," Pieter added. "We don't need that kind of teacher in this school."

"Done and done!" A stamp flew on top of the paper and Crowley used it to make the document official. The stamp was the school logo. A crow with its wings spread open. "I'll inform this duel to Professor Clayton. You both go back to your dorm and rest. Today must have been very scary for you."

"Thank you, headmaster."

Ruggie stepped to the door. He stumbled and moved his gaze toward his partner that hadn't moved from his spot at all. He raised his brows and waved his right hand in front of the merman's face —because his other hand was still linking with Pieter.

Pieter slapped the hyena's hand away, resulting in a yelp coming out from the other boy.

Crowley laid his eyes on the student's linking hands and smiled. Pieter decided to ignore that and started speaking.

"Headmaster, there is something that I want you to do."

"What is it, Mr. Destreza? Does the condition not satisfactory?"

Pieter swayed his head. "No, that's fine. I want you to—..."

The headmaster's eyes opened bit by bit as he listened to Pieter's words. He folded his arms in front of his chest. Fingers drumming on his arms. His blank face morphed into a smile when he finally made his decision.

"I'll try my best to fulfill that, Mr. Destreza."

Ruggie who also listened to what Pieter said stared at the merman in surprise. He never expected that this person was bold. He snickered. He already envisioned how interesting the duel was going to be.

~~~

"So, a bird told me that you are going to have a duel with Clayton?"

Pieter shrunk, meeting the intense glare from his alchemy professor. The bi-colored-haired man rubbed the bridge of his nose and sat on his black and white chair. Currently, he was meeting with Crewel in the staff room.

The room itself was huge. Wooden tables lined next to each other, only divided by a simple purple partition. On each desk was a slim light blue monitor. Each desk has its different charm. One had cat food stacked neatly under the table, which he convinced that desk was Professor Trein's. He caught some other students who were talking with the other teachers.

Crewel's desk, as he expected, was tidy. There was black and white cloth draped on top of the desk. Photos of the man with black and white poodles were framed. Crewel grinned —an expression that he had never seen on the stern teacher— while hugging the two dogs closed on his side. Besides alchemy or potion books, he also saw fashion magazines and some sketches of fashionable outfits with furs on the table. Under the professor's desk was a basket filled with colored fabrics and a sewing machine.

"The headmaster told you?"

It had been 30 minutes since their meeting with the headmaster. They decided to have lunch in the cafeteria. He ate omurice while Ruggie picked a steak and donuts as dessert. After that, Ruggie went back to his dorm because he got a call from his house-warden. And, he went to the staff room on the first floor because of the promise to his professor in the class earlier.

Crewel sighed. "More like we heard it." The professor slapped his pointer on his palm. "That Clayton was screaming like a bloodhound in the staff room after hearing what Dire had said. I'm not surprised if the whole school will know about this matter because of how loud he is." He rubbed his ears, remembering the high shriek and scream coming from that man.

"Is he a five-year-old?" He noted how Professor Crewel called the headmaster by his given name. They both must be close.

Crewel nearly choked on his spit and hid it with a cough. His shoulders shook as he held his laughter. A man appeared more handsome when they were serious, however, Pieter liked it more when a man was happy and laughing without restraint. Sigh, he already missed his old body.

The handsome man took a black and white handkerchief from his pocket and wipe the little tears coming out from his eyes. Pieter waited patiently until his professor stopped laughing. The other teachers had long been looking at the commotion before going back to their respective work. It was their first time seeing Crewel laugh like that.

"Ah, that was refreshing." Crewel coughed. "It's been a long time since I have heard someone rebelling against that ugly dog." Of course, the ugly dog that he referred to here was Clayton.

"Who was the first?"

With a proud face, Crewel pointed at himself. Looking at Pieter's surprised face, the man laughed again. "When we still studied in NRC, that man insulted my babies, Sarah and Sonia. He called them lowly mutts. How can I let that kind of man go? So I ask him for a duel and crush him completely." Then, Crewel grabbed the frame on the table and showed it to Pieter.

"Look, these two are my babies. This is Sarah," he pointed at the black poodle. "And this is Sonia," He moved his finger to the white poodle. Crewel's eyes softened as he remembered the dogs that he left at home with his family. "Both are good girls."

"So you both also studied in this school?"

Crewel nodded, putting back the picture on his desk. "I was the dorm leader of Pomefiore at some point." Pomefiore was the one with the dark purple vest, right?

"How about Clayton?"

Crewel noticed how Pieter didn't call the man with honorifics, but decided to ignore it. "He was in Diasomnia."

Pieter furrowed his eyebrows. Wasn't Diasomnia filled with fae? How could that racist man enter there? Crewel realized the question on the boy's face and explained.

"Diasomnia is considered the top dorm, even until now. There is a rumor circulating that Clayton bribes his way into Diasomnia. No students remembered seeing his face in the entrance ceremony. And suddenly, there is this stranger inside the Diasomnia dorm. Not only that, this boy was arrogant and was quite a hassle back then for the dorm leader."

"Was it Headmaster Crowley?"

Crewel shook his head. "No. At that time, Dire was still not appointed as the headmaster. He was still a staff. The headmaster was someone else." The professor let out a sigh. "The school's environment was much worse before. There were fights every day. The students were unruly and never followed the rules. However, after Dire took charge 10 years ago, it slowly gets better."

Was that the reason why the headmaster cried when he saw Pieter protecting Ruggie? He must have never seen that kind of behavior after years of seeing how bad the personalities of the other students from years ago.

"So, yeah, ever since he was younger, Clayton had always been like that," Crewel's voice got lowered as the grip on his pointer tightened. "That's why I'm so glad to see someone humiliate him."

"Then how about Jonathan Clayton? Did he also enter this school?"

"No, his cousin entered Royal Sword Academy, our neighboring school."

Pieter nodded. Made sense. After all, Jonathan now worked as a teacher there.

"To be honest, I think Dire take this chance to finally get rid of Clayton," Crewel said. "That man can't be controlled because his family was one of the donators here."

"Does Mr. Jonathan know about his cousin's personality?"

"Doubt it. That man is as dense as a brick. The main family and the branch family also don't interact that much besides going to a party or doing any projects," Crewel continued. "I bet that man will be angry after seeing how that ugly dog acts every day."

Wait, what did he say?

"Main and branch family?"

"Yes, Jonathan Clayton is from the main family and Brian Clayton is from the branch family. They both have different works. The main family focused on political movement and the beastmen and human treaty. The branch family is more toward business. One of the famous businesses from the branch family is the Clayton's Gentleman Club in Land of Pyroxene. Actors and officials alike go there to have fun."

If Jonathan didn't know anything about his cousin then the donation must come from the branch family. His first impression of Jonathan was not good. How could this man ignore his cousin's despicable act for so long even though Jonathan was considered an admirable man for the beastman? However, if he was also clueless about this...

"The duel is going to be interesting."

"What is it?"

Pieter came closer to his professor and whispered something in his ear. The man's eyes widened, and he stared at the merman in shock.

"Clayton has mentioned that he likes to hunt in the past. This gentleman club that you mentioned is quite intriguing, don't you think so, sir?" The boy smiled slyly.

"Are you trying to create a war between the main and the branch family?"

"Of course not," Pieter answered, with a playful tone. "I'm just here to help Mr. Jonathan and his main family to expose the ugly side of his family. This will also benefit the school, no?"

Realizing his true intention, Crewel's eyes glinted. He rubbed the merman's hair, messing it around. "You are truly an NRC student."

"Speaking about the duel. Will you mind giving me some hints about Clayton's magics, sir?"

"Hm, of course," Crewel added. "With one condition."

"A condition?" He fixed his hair after the man had finished rubbing it.

"This is the reason why I ask you to meet me after school," Crewel procured a paper from his desk and showed it to him. "CLUB APPROVAL FORM" was written on it. "I want you to join the science club."

"The science club?"

"You don't join any club, right? Come join my club, then."

"Yours? You are the advisor?"

"I am. This club is mostly involved in chemistry, experiments, growing plants, and cooking. I thought you might be interested in joining. I can see that you are quite eager to learn more about potion making." When he taught Pieter earlier, he remembered the boy listened intently unlike before. He wrote everything down in his book. He even raised his hands to ask questions about the components that had never been tested before in potion making.

That was true. There were so many magics and potions that he was interested in. Lots of ingredients that he felt could help in making and increasing the potion's potency. So many questions that he liked to ask Crewel. If he joined this club, he would have free reign in doing experiments.

Seeing the light in Pieter's eyes, Crewel grinned. He grabbed the pen on the table and wrote Pieter's name, year, class, and dorm. At the club table, he wrote science club. He immediately signed it and offered it to the merman.

"I haven't agreed, yet you already signed on it." Even though Pieter said that the boy still grabbed the pen from his professor's hand and signed the form.

"I don't need your confirmation to know that you already agree with my proposal, pup." Crewel rolled the paper and put it in his pocket. "With this, welcome to the science club!"

"When is usually the time to meet up for the club?"

"Every Thursday and Saturday. However, you can always come to the botanical garden to borrow the workshop there to do your experiment. For now, I hope you can inform me every time you want to use the workshop, understand?"

"Yes, of course, sir." Pieter agreed. He understood how hazardous it was to leave a clueless student doing an experiment by himself without any supervision.

"Good boy," Crewel snapped his pointer. "For now, go back and rest. Tomorrow, come meet me again after school together with Ruggie. I'm going to train you and drill everything into your skulls. I hope you are ready, pup."

~~~

A/N :

All of Crewel, Crowley, and the school pasts are headcanon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 77 6
"Often times I find myself just vanishing into the air..." When a girl with a vanishing act finally gets to seen by her peers after tasked to babysit...
138K 6.4K 54
❝ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɴɪᴄᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇ. ❞ ❝ ᴅᴏ ɪ ɴᴏᴡ? ❞ ❝ ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ɪ ғᴇᴇʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ. ❞ Just a student getting by life at Night Raven...
5.2K 126 39
Ame Leonheart finds a mirror in an antique shop which magically transported her into Twisted Wonderland into Night Raven College, an all-boys school...
3.9K 193 9
You find yourself in a body that does not seem to belong to you, and yet you have little to no control over it either. You, the reader, have been obs...