Tʜᴇ Mᴀғɪᴀ Aɴᴅ Hᴇʀ Bᴏᴅʏɢᴜᴀʀᴅ (...

By Angie_Reader

The daughter of the Mafia, Kai, is assaulted by an enemy. In that process, she meets Paris - A young woman wh... More

Synopsis (Updated!)
Prologue - The Encounter
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10💋
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16🔞
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21💋
Chapter 22
Chapter 23💋
Chapter 24
Chapter 25⚠️
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30🔞
Chapter 31
Chapter 32💋
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36🔞
Chapter 37
Chapter 38💋
Chapter 39
Chapter 40💋
Chapter 41
Chapter 42⚠️
Chapter 43⚠️
Chapter 44⚠️
Chapter 45⚠️
Chapter 46⚠️
Chapter 47⚠️
Chapter 48⚠️
Chapter 49💋
Chapter 50
Chapter 51⚠️
Chapter 52
Chapter 53🔞
Chapter 54
Chapter 55🔞
Chapter 56💋
Chapter 57
Chapter 58⚠️💋
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61💋
Chapter 62🔞
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65⚠️
Chapter 66⚠️
Chapter 67⚠️💋
Chapter 68⚠️
Chapter 69⚠️
Epilogue - Special Ending
Special Announcements
New Book: Saving the Daughter of the Mafia (Book 2)

Chapter 70 - The Finale

1.2K 35 7
By Angie_Reader

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

THE FINALE

One Month Later

Weeks went by swiftly after the confrontation day between the two families. The chaos slowly started to settle down and things seem to be getting better afterwards.

Paris had officially become the leader of minor family, receiving the golden ring of the clan that symbolized the authority she had now in the family, along with Kai, who had already become the head of the major clan too. Kai wore the platinum ring of the clan like she always did, working beside her beloved in the company, hand in hand, never leaving her side. They were an inseparable couple.

Everyone knew about their relationship by now, it was the most well-known gossip between the two families. They didn't need to hide it anymore. Both made a good team and shared resposibilities together, making the job a lot easier and less stressful.

The new and old bodyguards of the two families respected the two women and followed their commands without protesting. Adjusting to these changes took some time for everyone, but everything was going smoothly and no problems arised so far. The two families were slowly growing closer, and started to get along as planned, a little at least, more than before.

The dazzling sunlight of the afternoon shined through the window, illuminating the hospital room as the air conditioner cooled the surroundings. It was a serene atmosphere. There was no loud noises disturbing the place other than the low beat sounds that came from the parameter machine as it monitors the heartbeat of the person laying on the bed.

The figure of a tall young boy stood beside the bed, staring attentively at the unconscious person laying on it. "Will Venus ever wake up? She has been sleeping for a month. I miss her so much. I don't want her to leave me just like Dad."

This was Michael. The fourteen year old boy who lost his father and was now waiting for his older sister to wake up from a comma. He was really pitiful but he had hope. Michael visited the hospital every single day, waiting eagerly for the day that his sister will wake up and hug him.

The person who has been driving him here was Pearl. She has been taking care of him for the past month. Taking him to school and making sure that he will eat all his meals. She made him company everyday so that he wouldn't feel lonely. Pearl was also praying for Venus to come back to them one day. She had faith.

"Don't worry, Michael. I'm sure that Venus will wake up one day eventually and come back to us. She will be fine." Pearl forced a smile, wanting to cheer up the teenager standing next to her. She extended her hand and stroked his head gently. The boy leaned his head against her shoulder for a while, letting her comfort him.

"I think I'll take a nap on the couch. Today my teachers gave out a lot of work and I'm feeling tired." Michael told Pearl in a soft tone. He was really kind to her.

People always spoke bad about Michael, mentioning how rude and spoiled he was with others, but with Pearl, he seem to be the total opposite. He treated her with full respect, just like if she was another older sister. He had developed a strong affection towards her in a short amount of time.

"Alright. I'll wake you up later to go back home together." Pearl replied and let him go rest on the small couch that was inside of the hospital room.

A few minutes passed and Michael had already managed to fall asleep, snooring with his head leaning back against the couch. Pearl was still standing beside the bed, staring at Venus' beautiful face that was peacefully sleeping.

"Venus, I know you can't hear me. But I wish you could. Your brother Michael has grown up so much in the passed month." Pearl uttered in a low voice, reaching out to grab Venus' hand, squeezing it and massaging it. "He is really strong, you know? He has been behaving so well these days and he is eating more now. He is ready to welcome you back, but you have to hurry because he is missing you so much...and me too."

Pearl leaned down to press a kiss on Venus' pale forehead before continuing quietly, "Please come back soon or else I'm going to become crazy. The more days pass by, the more pain accumilates in my chest. I'm afraid to take my eyes off you and not see you again. I'm willing to wait my whole life for you, but I'm also suffering inside. I need you, Venus. I can't live without you. Please don't leave me. When will you wake up?"

She lifted Venus' hand, placing it on her cheek. There was so much warmth in that single touch and it helped Pearl relax somehow. She closed her eyes, taking deep breaths. Venus' delicate fragrance made her weak. The more she inhaled it the more her heart trembled. Memories from the past came back to her, reminding her of both the good and bad moments they went through together. There were unforgettable times. If only they could make more memories like that together...

"Stop crying. I'm not going anywhere." The hoarse voice of a woman spoke slowly and clearly all of a sudden.

Pearl felt that hand on her cheek move, stroking her face very delicately. Her brain momentarily stopped working in that instant. She was taken aback and her heart began to pump fast and with force.

That familiar tone of voice and that warm touch could only belong to one person!!!

"Venus!" Pearl exclaimed and opened her eyes widely. Tears were already forming on them. She couldn't believe it. Venus was awake! She was finally back! She quickly leaned down to hug her tightly.

Venus flinched slightly, not expecting this at all. "Pearl, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" She patted her on the head gently, not knowing what the hell was happening.

There were no words coming from Pearl's side, she was only sobbing loudly against the fabric of Venus' hospital gown. She felt a weight being taken away from her chest, making her relief and filling her with euphoria. All the stress and despair vanished in a blink of an eye. That warmth feeling wrapped her again. She wanted to hug Venus tighter but she didn't want her wounds to hurt so she held herself back.

"Pearl, are you okay?" Venus rose into a sitting position and pulled Pearl's head up, making her face her. She stared at her with a concerned expression trying to figure out where she was and what was going on.

"I'm not dreaming, right?" Pearl said in disbelief and Venus could only smile softly.

"I don't think so." Venus let out a light laugh, wiping away Pearl's tears with her thumb.

"Are you thirsty? I'll bring you some water. Or maybe you're hungry? I bought some spicy curry to eat together with Michael." Pearl babbled as she pulled herself up to stand on her feet. Her brain was still trying to process that Venus had finally woken up and she was feeling really excited and fluttered.

Venus shook her head. Spicy food was the least thing she wanted right now, but she was still moved by the fact that Pearl was taking care of Michael. It meant so much to her. "No, it's fine. I'm okay. I'm just a little confused right now. How long have I been unconscious?"

"For like a month." Pearl responded.

"A month?!" Venus was shocked by that. "Were you waiting for me to wake up for so long?"

Pearl nodded.

Venus parted her lips at the thought of that. "You must be really tired."

Pearl could only nod again, admitting it. "But I don't mind. I can wait much longer than that just for you."

Venus was quiet for a while before she spoke again, "Why?" She asked. "Why are you still here for me?"

The major family had a colossal victory and Pearl should be celebrating with them. So, why was she here? Her stay only gave Venus some hope, and that hope was making her afraid. Afraid that Pearl would choose her. Because no one has ever chosen her.

Pearl was not expecting the sudden question and her eyes darted in all directions, as if she was trying to put into words her deep thoughts. It took her a few seconds to finally reply. "Because I want to and I have nowhere else to go."

What Pearl said was so simple, yet that one sentence pierced right through Venus' heart, causing her emerald eyes to glisten in tears. "If you leave now, I'm not going to stop you. I'll be alright with that. I already told you that I have nothing left. There's no reason for you to stay, and I don't want to be a burden to you."

Pearl's expression changed, becoming more serious as she sat down at the edge of the bed. She pondered for a moment before opening her mouth to say, "I'm here because I want to follow my heart. That's why I decided to stay. You're not a burden to me. You have never been." She reached out and held Venus' hand with her own. The tone of her voice revealed the certainty of her decision.

Venus sniveled as tears rolled down her cheeks. She was overwhelmed by happiness. She was sure that Pearl was an angel sent from the heavens to her. An angel that picked her, despite of her shortcomings and past. Pearl truly chose Venus. Only Venus.

"From now on, you will be no longer my pet." Venus lowered her gaze to glance at their interlocked fingers and continued with a quivering voice, "But you're the most important person in my life and I want to make you mine."

That's right. Pearl was no longer a useless pet like Venus once said. That pathetic and arrogant behavior was long over. She wanted to treat Pearl how she deserved because she was the reason why she could show a genuine smile today. Venus was officially asking Pearl to be her girlfriend. She truly meant what she said this time.

Pearl couldn't help but to smile hearing this and cried a bit. She nodded and scoot closer on the bed, sitting face to face with Venus. Their eyes locked with one another before they closed and they leaned in.

Venus held Pearl's face with both of her hands and pressed their lips together. She kissed those moist lips softly, savoring them and loving how tender they were. The sweet taste on them was so addicting and she really wanted to devour them until they become swollen.

Pearl tilted her head a little, giving Venus more access. Her heart was pounding rapidly and she didn't want to stop. She parted her lips, feeling Venus warm tongue sliding inside without a warning. Their lips opened and closed as they continue to smooch passionately. It was evident that they have been craving for each other badly.

Venus pulled away slowly, leaning her forehead against the other. She let out a shaking breath that went into Pearl's parted mouth. It felt so good to finally have her all to herself.

Pearl bit on her own bottom lip and whispered, "I love you so much, Venus."

Venus smirked at those words and kissed her fervently once more. This second kiss sealed what was born between them today. Venus felt like she was losing control. Her body was overheating by the excitement. She was convinced that she was the luckiest woman alive because of Pearl.

"Well, well, well, so you two were really something, huh?" A sudden voice interrupted them.

Pearl was startled by that and she quickly seperated from the kiss, scooting as far away as possible from Venus. Her entire face was burning by how much she was blushing. She was suddenly feeling all embarrassed.

Venus rolled her eyes and laughed. "If you were awake all this time, then why didn't you say anything? I thought you were missing me, Michael."

"Of course I did! I have been missing you so freaking much!" Michael pouted. "But I didn't want to disturb you guys so I just stayed quiet to eavesdrop the conversation and also peek at you guys."

Venus shook her head with a wide smile on her face. "What a naughty boy."

"Don't mind me. I was really happy when I saw you awake. But I'm even happier now to know that Pearl is my sister in law! Hehehe!" Michael giggled and sat beside Pearl on the hospital bed.

Pearl let out a shy laugh, liking the way '"sister in law" sounded. It was perfect. This was everything she wanted. To live a happy life with Venus and to give the minor family a brighter environment filled with lots of love and affection. That's all they needed. Nothing else mattered.

"Alright, alright. You two, come here. Let me give you guys a hug." Venus told them with opened arms.

Michael and Pearl glanced at each other, full of smiles and laughter before embracing Venus at the same time. They held each other tightly in that warm embrace for a minute and then seperated again.

In that process, Venus kissed them both on the cheeks with that bright grin still on her face. "Thank you guys. For waiting patiently for me for a whole month. I promise not to leave you guys like this ever again."

For the first time in her entire life, Venus was able to feel what was a real home with Michael and Pearl by her side.

May from now on only good things come to the minor family. Let their future be filled with love and happiness. And let them live a peaceful life starting from today onwards.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

The night soon arrived and the sky was surrounded by twinkling stars. The major family were currently celebrating Parker's eighteenth birthday party in a fancy yacht that belong to Kyle. The siblings had finally reunited again in this gathering.

The strings of a guitar resounded repeatedly in a slow rhythm, creating a beautiful melody combined with the soothing voice of Kyle who was humming and chanting the instrumental.

In between his fingers, there was that handmade guitar pick that Parker had once gifted him to play his guitar. It was a small cute gift that Kyle treasured with all his heart. It was really useful to him and he couldn't stop using it. It was his favorite guitar pick from all the fifty he owned. It was special because it reminded him of the person who made it for him. His lover.

Parker was sitting down at one of the many tables that were in the yacht's rooftop. He was eating a piece of his chocolate birthday cake while listening to Kyle's song. The cool breeze of the night brushed his cheeks, fluttering his hair and making him get shivers down his spine. Thank God that he was wearing a jacket tonight, or else he would've freezed to death. December was one of coldest seasons of the year after all.

The tables at the rooftop were decorated with colorful balloons and confetti all over the place. It was a lively atmosphere. Paris and Kai sat at the exact same table where Parker and Kyle were sitting, joining them and drinking some fine wine together. There were a few bodyguards who had come along to the party to guard them. They were sitting on the other tables that were around them, while others were just standing in place.

Everybody was enjoying the slow song that Kyle was singing, noticing the romantic lyrics that were involved. It felt like he was telling them a love story that happened to him once. They all got curious about it, wanting to know what was the meaning behind it and why was Kyle chanting it with so much passion. The emotions he portrayed with his voice and his facial expressions were really intense, like if every word he sung came from the bottom of his heart. It brought them a heartwarming feeling.

The clapping came after the song ended and Kyle bowed his head slightly in gratitude for the attention. He put his guitar down, placing it back inside of the case and leaned back down on the chair comfortably, crossing a leg over the other.

"Why are you crying, Parker?" Paris asked a little surprised to see her brother tearing up all of a sudden.

Parker shook his head and immediately wiped off the tears with his long sleeves. "No, it's nothing. I was just moved by the song. It was sung really beautifully."

Paris laughed out loud. "Hahaha! Awww, what a crybaby!" She narrowed her eyes at him with a smirk forming on her lips. "It was just a love song. Why would you cry? Are you perhaps in love?"

Parker wrinkled his brows as a faint blush spread across his cheeks. "Paris!"

"What? It was just a question." Paris shrugged and continued to laugh.

Kai shook her head with a wide smile on her face. She was enjoying this lovely and peaceful atmosphere around her. "Stop bothering the little boy. It's his birthday, leave him alone." She told Paris, defending the poor Parker.

"I'm not bothering him. I was just curious because he would never cry for things like these." Paris said while taking a sip from her glass of wine.

Kyle who was quiet all this time finally decided to join the conversation, "I know why he was crying."

Parker almost choked on the cake that he was chewing and began to cough. He covered his mouth with his fist and his face flushed even more. "Kyle!"

Paris' curiosity extended even further after hearing what Kyle mentioned. "Really?" She raised her brows.

"You two seem close." Kai simpered, stroking her own chin. She was referring to Parker and Kyle.

"We actually are." Kyle responded calmly and Parker could only rub the back of his neck shyly, avoiding everyone's stares.

"When did you guys get this close?" Paris asked them.

"It's quite a long story, so I'll tell you another day." Parker hurriedly answered.

"I have something to confess." Kyle added after, and Parker's heart was about to burst out of his chest.

"Hm?" Kai hummed placing her glass to her lips to take another sip of the wine

"What is it?" Paris also slurped on her drink.

There was silence between them for a while before Kyle opened his mouth and spoke again, "The song I wrote was actually one of my birthday gifts for Parker today. With this, I want to say that Parker and I are in a relationship. And I would like to ask his sister tonight for permission to take him away with me to my house. I can take good care of him, I promise. I will always love him and protect him with all I got."

Paris had already spat the wine from her mouth since the beginning of the phrase and Kai was fighting for her life while coughing. They were both taken aback by this and they both babbled loudly at the same time.

Paris: "Wait what! What do you mean you guys are in a relationship?! How?! What did I miss?!

Kai: "You didn't tell me that you were going to ask him out! I thought you said that you were going to move on from him!"

The place fell into dead silence once again.

Paris and Kai glanced at each other quietly with widened eyes.

"Wait! What the fuck! So you knew that they had something and you didn't tell me!" Paris was yelling at Kai now.

"No! Wait! Hold on! Listen! Calm down!" Kai lifted her hands and tried to explain. "Kyle told me about his feelings towards Parker a long time ago. I didn't know back then that they knew each other so I was surprised when Kyle told me about it too. But I promise that I didn't know that they were already a couple now."

"Oh my God! Why didn't you tell me anything though!" Paris was really mad and in shock. She was not expecting for Kai's brother to be dating her brother. It was shocking news for sure. What kind of puzzle was this supposed to be? What the hell! This family got even more complicated now.

"Kyle asked me not to say a single word to anyone, so I couldn't tell you about it. Sorry, sorry!" Kai quickly explained, afraid that Paris will lift her fists at her to hit her lightly on the shoulder like she always did when she gets angry.

Kyle and Parker were just quiet all this time, not knowing what to do or what to say to them. They just watched them argue with one another and they couldn't help but laugh together, finding it hilarious.

They were supposed to be the ones to get scolded here for keeping their relationship a secret all this time, but Paris ended up scolding her girlfriend instead. Hahaha! What a pleasant night it was! Their reactions wasn't that bad after all.

"Okay, okay, let me get things straight here. So you two have been a couple for how long now?" Paris asked the two boys.

"For almost two months." Kyle answered.

"Damn! And for how long you guys have known each other?" Paris proceeded to ask more questions.

"For more than half a year." Parker responded this time.

Paris face-palmed herself. "What the hell! I feel so lost with the timeline of the events. How didn't I noticed this at all!"

"Maybe because they were hiding their relationship really well." Kai shrugged.

"Says the one who was hiding it with them." Paris gave her a look.

"I already told you, I didn't know that they were dating! I only knew about my brother's feelings!" Kai pouted with crossed arms. "You're no better than me. You were also keeping secrets away from me. Like the relationship between Venus and Pearl. You didn't tell me anything about that either."

"Well, that's because they asked me not to tell anyone a word about it." Paris replied.

"You see? It's the same excuse as mine! So don't throw all the blame on me. Gosh, we sound like little children arguing. " Kai couldn't help it and began to laugh.

Paris rolled her eyes and laughed along.

"Stop being so grumpy and go make more drinks at the bar downstairs, hm?" Kai said teasingly while wrapping her arm around Paris' nape and placing a soft peck on her lips.

Paris stared at her up and down with her lips pursed. "What a pain in the ass you are."

Parker and Kyle were now busy talking with one another so they didn't notice the lovey-dovey behavior of these two. They were no different from them though because they were holding hands and being shamelessly affectionate with each other too.

"Look at those two. They are just like us." Kai told Paris while lifting up her chin, signaling towards the direction where the two boys were sitting.

"They look cute together." Paris curved up her lips into a warm smile.

"So, are you approving their relationship now?" Kai lifted her brows.

"What else can I do? If they are happy, then I guess I'll just let them be." Paris leaned the side of her head against Kai's.

"I agree." Kai closed her eyes with no further comments and let out a deep breath.

The breeze of the night felt so refreshing and the bright stars were sparkling in the inky sky above them. It felt so nice to finally be able to live a more peaceful life filled with cheerful moments like these together as a family. It was the best feeling ever.

There were no more conflicts between the major and the minor family. Paris and Kai were the leaders of the two clans, setting new rules and a better environment. Letting go of the past, moving on. It was a new era and a new beginning for the two.

"Look, Kai! It started snowing!" Paris said cheerfully while pointing to the sky.

Kai opened her eyes again and indeed, it was really snowing. Snowflakes were fluttering down like small precious diamonds. It was the first snow of the year. And they were both contemplating it together with interwined hands.

The love and trust that the two have build together will never be broken again because despite of their differences, their two souls were always meant to be one single body, ruling in this cruel mafia world.

~THE END~

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

Author's Note: Hello there guys! How was the story? I hope you all have enjoyed this long journey together. I know it has been a rollercoaster but I want to say thank you to all of you who have read and supported until the end. I want to let everyone know that there will be an epilogue after this chapter which will give a special ending to the story. So, please stay tuned for that too! See you soon! ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 738 30
Carmilla is a time traveler, angry at the world for cursing her with the inability to keep herself in her present. Carrying the baggage of her past...
6.7M 387K 52
When playboy-hating Kate meets a real life prince charming, she begins to fall for him, only to find out that the very same man is Daniel Monteiro...
28.4K 573 10
A photo book containing a collection of Blanchett-Mara moments either in Awards Ceremony/Photocalls/Press Conference accompanied by an interview frag...
52.7K 2.2K 24
Lin Mo died only to be bounded to a system. Which system you ask? **Hello Host I'm system 088!** "Just what kind of system are you?" **...^%^$** "Say...