Life of a Cerebral Palsy Girl

By MarlenBlack29

Being born disabled makes life be more difficult and challenging. Since I open my eyes into the this world it... More

Toddler Years
Beginning my School Life

Open my eyes for the first time

8 0 0
By MarlenBlack29

People see me everyday and compare me to a alien, a monster, so many words to describe a person, but not everybody really nows how life's has been for me. Every challenge has been a roller coaster. Life is a incredible ride. Well if I want you to understand let's start from the beginning.

My mother was a young adult when she had me and my father was a man of old age. You might say a gold digger, but no. She lived in South America and he was a marine. They meet in her country, fell in love by letters and got married. They establish in the island of Puerto Rico where he was from. 6 years later they had me. My mothers pregnancy was full of almost miscarriages. In a spring morning I drink amniotic fluid during childbirth. That's the main reason I got cerebral palsy, but in that moment it seem fine everything.

I was in the ER for a month before going home to my parents and grandmother. That year it was filled with challenges. When I was 1 year old my father past away. My mother was alone with my grandmother and me in the island. Five months later they discover my disability. And it begin a whole different life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.1K 4.6K 28
Hooked onto drugs, no family, no guidance or sanity until she met HIM. Cover Creds: @Triceynexttdoor ❤️ -BLICKY.
Fate By Mani

General Fiction

364K 18.6K 96
fate : be destined to happen, turn out, or act in a particular way. Often people try to navigate through life with their own plans and wonder why thi...
319K 9.6K 78
(Fixed/Fan-TL) Top idol group Stardust, whose members disappear like dust. The group that used to have seven members ends with four members... "Is...
235K 14.2K 45
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...