promise me? @xiao

De angelfroomabove

"do you remember my promise, y/n?" "yes.." "i.. really did mean it." ˗ˋ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˊ˗ Xiao and Y/N were childhood... Mai multe

info !
characters !
" childhood. '' | one
'' project. '' | two
'' xiao's home '' | three
'' running test. '' | four
" cat cafe. " | five
" xiao headcannons!! "
" stress. " | seven
" christmas. " | eight
" thank you!!! "
'' a day together. '' | nine
300 READS ALREADY!?
" xiao's birthday. " | ten
" thunder. " | eleven
" picnic under the sakura trees. " | twelve
OMG NOW 600 READS??
" midnight walk. " | thirteen
" under the tree. " | fourteen
" past.. lifes? " | fifteen
" my.. past life? " | sixteen
( 1k reads bonus ! ) childhood. | seventeen
" sweet jelly - filled donut. " | eighteen
" another one? " | nineteen
" rises the moon.. " | twenty
" a trip back to the cat cafe. " | twenty - one
" you're horrible at karaoke.. " | twenty - two
( 2k reads bonus! ) " how can one love? " twenty - three
" a.. play? " | twenty - four
" first practice. " | twenty - five
( 3k reads bonus! ) " alternative universe. " | twenty - six
( 4k reads bonus! ) " the past, and the past only. " twenty - seven
" festival of.. love? " | twenty - eight
announcement !
" warmth in the darkness. " | twenty - nine
"its just polyester." | thirty
"christmas day once again" | thirty - one
new book !
erm..

" ganyu's birthday. " | six

388 6 20
De angelfroomabove

" ganyu's birthday. "

[ your pov!! ]
— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

As I continue scrolling through tiktok, I receive many text messages from Hu Tao.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

HU TAOO
— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

2:43pm

HU TAOO
Y/NNNN!!
TODAYS XIAOS BIRTHDAY
SHOULD WE SURPRIZE HIM??
Y/N STOP PROCRASTINATING AND ANSWERE
come on its Xiaos birthday cmonn 😭😭
PLEASE I THOUGHT YOU LIKED XIAO
YOU DONT???

IDONTLIKEXIAO
also it's xiaos birthday?? What's the date today???????????

HU TAOO
April 17th
YOU FORGOT?? ISNT HE LIKE YOUR CHILDHOOD FRIEND????

okay but like I don't even think it's April it's fucking December
HOW DARE YOU FOOL ME 🤬🤬🤬🤬

HU TAOO
ughh fine I just wanted to see ur reaction
It's actually his sister's birthday, ganyu!!
I wanna surprize her

of course
Alright I'll do it, she's really cool
Plus we're like besties since we were children

HU TAOO
But I never see you talk to her now adays!?!?!??!?

I KNOWW
but still she's nice
OKAY SHOULD WE INVITE EVERYONE ELSE OR WHAT??

HU TAOO
ILL ASK MR ZHONGLI
I THINK I KNOW WHERE THEIR HOUSE IS
SEE YOU THERE AT 3:20

3:20!?!?!?
FINEEE
SER YOUUU

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

I place my phone on my desk, looking out of my window. It's still snowing.. how nice. Now, what time is it..?

3:00pm

.

...

ITS 3!? OH MY GOD I HAVE TO CHANGE AND GET READY FAST!!

I quickly go over to my closet, rambling through my closet. I quickly put on a simple white sweater with a heart on it, a pair of jeans, and some sneakers, along with a cute little heart necklace.

╔══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

Quickly brushing my hair and fixing it, while grabbing my phone, I go downstairs. My parents are barely home, since they have to work for most of the day, so they can provide me.

While I go to my front door, I grab my jacket and keys, going outside, and locking the front door. It's still snowing, recently though, there was a snowstorm, so there's a lot of snow. Maybe I should've worn boots.. oh well.

As I'm hopelessly running through the snow, I soon see Hu Tao, Venti, Chongyun, Xingqiu and Lumine. " Hey! Why's.. everyone here? " I pant inbetween words. " I thought that it would be easier to make the surprize faster! Do you not remember what you said already~? " Hu Tao giggles, while the rest of the group stares at the snow.

" Ah right.. well come on it's almost 3:20!! " I start stomping through the tall snow, trying to run, through my legs just collapse. " Maybe we could just walk.. Xiao's house is only two minutes away from here.. " I clam my hands together, attempting to warm them up.

As we all continue walking, Chongyun and Xingqiu chat to eachother, the rest of us stay quiet, as we don't really know what to talk about. " Heyy!! Maybe I could compose a quick song for Ganyu!! " Venti throws a hand into the air.

" I dunno.. I could ask Xiao. " I reply.

As we all finally reach Xiao's place, I walk up to the door, while the rest of the group stands behind me on the steps. The door slowly opens, revealing Xiao. " What are you guys doing here.. " Xiao crosses his arms. " Didn't Zhongli tell you? Since it's Ganyus birthday, we wanna surprize her! " I smile.

" Fine, come in. " Xiao steps onto the side, while me, and the group walks in. We all take off our shoes, then our jacket and other accessories. " Xiao, where may we place these..? " Xingqiu points to his jacket, Zhongli walking behind Xiao.

" You can place them on the coat rack over there, while you can put your other accessories on the bench, thank you. " Zhongli smiles gently.

We all walk to their living room. " Ganyu is gonna be out with.. Keqing until around six, so you guys have to prepare before then. " Xiao sits down on a chair, which was by their Christmas tree.

" Okay! Let me give everyone's roles for the surprize party! " Hu Tao throws her hand in the air, resting a leg on the table in the middle. " Lumine and Venti, you're in charge of decorating! " She points to them.

" Chongyun and Xingqiu, you're in charge of snacks!! " She points to them.

" Xiao and Y/N! You will be in charge of the cake! " She points to us.

" By the way Xiao, did you get Ganyu a gift yet?? " Hu Tao turns to Xiao, raising an eyebrow. " Yes, I did. " He replies. Hu Tao then Claps her hands. " Aiyaa.. now then, let's get a move on! " We all immediately start getting into our positions.

" You guys! Venti and I are gonna go to the nearby store to buy some decor! " Lumine and Venti walk up to the front door. " Hm.. be careful, now. " Zhongli rests a hand to his waist. " Alright! But I do need some money.. " Lumine scratches her head. Zhongli walks up to them, giving them around 40 dollars. Zhongli shot Venti a dirty look, before walking away.

They quickly put on their coats and accessories. Soon, Lumine and Venti walk back outside, closing the door. Both me and Xiao quickly wash our hands, rolling up our sleeves.

" Xiao, do you know how to properly make a cake? Do we even have the right ingredients here?? " I ask, looking over at Xiao. " Yes, I do, and we do have the right ingredients. " He crosses his arms, before rummaging through his cabinets.

" Milk, flour, oil, sugar, vanilla essence.. Here. " Xiao places all the ingredients on the counter, along with a bowl, mould, and some other utensils. Xiao walks over to the oven, preheating it to 165°C, soon walking back over to me. " I need the molds, brush and some butter. " He turns to me, waiting for me to reply.

I slide over a bowl of butter, the two cake tins and a brush. He begins greasing up both cake tins with some butter on a brush, while i just stared in awe. " Xiao, how do you know what your doing? " I ask.

" Zhongli teached me. " He didn't look at me, continuing to grase the cake tins. Zhongli came over to us, overviewing our progress so far. " You two, I will be helping you, since.. well it's been awhile since we've last baked a cake. " Zhongli stands by the end of the counter, staying a little far from us.

Xiao leaves the cake tins aside, grabbing a bowl and a strainer. " Would you like to try? I will guide you. " He offers a hand, I happily accept, standing in front kf the bowl. " We.. need to sift all of our dry ingredients, so hold the strainer right above the bowl while I.. grab the ingredients. " Xiao takes a deep breath, before reaching for the ingredients needed.

He grabbed a cup, pouring it with all purpose flour. He poured around two and a quarter cups full of it, while I began sifting it, with the help of Xiaos hand. After that, he poured around a quarter of corn flour, while I also sifted that. He poured a teaspoon of baking soda, and another teaspoon of baking flour, while he helped me to continue to sift them.

He also poured half a teaspoon of salt, grabbing a whisk, and placing it in my hand. I put the strainer aside, and began mixing it all together. I kept mixing until my arm was tired, and so I switched to my other arm. Xiao used his arms to stabilize the bowl, what a gentleman..

After a few minutes, Zhongli came over to check our progress yet again. " Hm, it seems quite combined now, you can move on to the next step now. " He walked over back to his original position, watching over us. I put it aside, letting Xiao take over again.

Xiao slid over a large bowl, soon adding half a cup of butter from another bowl, since when did he prepare that? He also poured in half a cup of unflavored oil. He then poured one and two thirds of white granuatled sugar. Xiao then let me take over, while he grabbed a hand mixer. " Uh, how do you use this? " I ask nervously.

" Press this, set it on a medium high speed. " He points it out. I turn it on, mixing the ingredients all together. After a few minutes of mixing, it becomes light, and fluffy. " Crack in three eggs, here. " Xiao hands me over three eggs, while I Crack them. I got some shell when I cracked one of them, Xiao quickly picks it out and tosses it aside.

I then begin mixing it again at a low to a medium speed, switching hands constantly. I then stir it, just to make sure it's all mixed. " Pour in around one and a quarter tablespoons of vanilla, then a tablespoon of white vinegar. " He slides them for me, while I properly measure and pour in the right amounts.

Xiao pours in a half cup of buttermilk, while I began to mix it together.

When I finish mixing it together, Xiao places the bowl of dry ingredients over to me, while i pour and gently fold it in. I mix it in a bit, then Xiao adds a cup of Buttermilk, guiding my hands. He helped me fold the buttermilk in, then I pour in the remaining dry ingredients and mix until I finish mixing it in.

" Now, we pour the batter into these two cake tins over here. " Xiao slides over the two tins, while I poured it in. Xiao helped me pour in a even amount.

Xiao quickly flattened the surface of it, banging it on the counter. He then opens the oven, placing both cake tins into the oven, closing it. " We have to.. wait for around 30 minutes, then we can decorate it. " Xiao sounded so adorable!!

As we wait for it to bake, Venti and Lumine arrive, holding a bag of decorations, along with a bouquet of Qingxin Flowers. " Hey there! We also got some candles and flowers for her! " Lumine take soff her coat and accessories, venti doing the same.

They place the bags on the floor, only removing the decorations they bought. They soon began to decorate. Chongyun and Xingqiu finish making the snacks, it was some crackers with strawberries, and cheese. Ganyu didn't like meat and stuff like that, so they probably tried to make something simple. Chongyun and Xingqiu soon began blowing blue and white balloons.

4:30. Seemed like the cake was done baking. I quickly walk over to the oven, opening it to reveal our.. naked cakes. They looked pretty good, like any other naked cake. " We should wait for them to cool, it wouldn't be nice removing them when their hot. " Xiao crosses his arms.

After what seems like an hour, around fifteen minutes pass. Xiao places the cake tins on the counter, grabbing a thin knife and wire rack. He ran the knife along the edges, flipping them both onto the wire rack. We wait a few more minutes so that they could completely cool.

" Wait, we forgot about the frosting!! " I jump. Xiao walks over to the stand mixer by the fridge, grabbing some ingredients. He adds in one and a half cups of butter, three cups of icing sugar, one and a half teaspoons of vanilla, and one and a half tablespoons of milk. He begins mixing everything together, waiting for the mixture to properly mix.

Soon, he finally finishes, scooping and putting the frosting in a glass bowl. He grabs a huge plate, setting down one of the cake layers down on it. " Oh, I think I know how to do this! " I smile. I remember I used to watch many videos about cake decorating, I even helped Hu Tao decorate a cake for her parents once!

I plop down an even amount of frosting onto the cake, smoothing it out with a offset spatula. I then place the second cake layer on top, placing and smoothing out more frosting on top. I then use some extra frosting to cover the sides with frosting. " Now, we gotta place this in the fridge for awhile.. " I lift up the cake, opening up there fridge, and placing it inside.

·̩͙꒰ঌ✞໒꒱· ゚

" Were finally done! " I jump up and down in excitment. Xiao just crosses his arms. Lumine and Venti finished decorating a few minutes ago, while Hu Tao, Chongyun and Xingqiu were cleaning up the place. Hu Tao quickly walks over, admiring our cake. " Aiyaa!! This looks so good!! " Hu Tao smiles.

I check the time, 5:57. Oh, it seems like Ganyu's gonna arrive anytime soon. " You guys.. it's almost six! " I interrupt.

" Ahh!! Everyone hide~! " Hu Tao seemed a little excited. Xiao, Hu Tao and I hid behind the counter. Chongyun and Xingqiu hide under the table, while Lumine waited outside to guide Ganyu. A few minutes later, we hear the door open. " Now, hold my hand, it's a little dark here.. " Lumine asks. " Ah.. O-okay! " Ganyu's voice becomes louder, footsteps becoming more louder as well.

" Now, can you stay there? I'm gonna try to find the lightswitch. " Seemed like Lumine let go of Ganyu's hand to turn on the light. A few seconds later, the lights turn on. We all jump up from our spots, while Ganyu brings a hand to her chest.

" Surprize! " We all say in sync. Ganyu stares at us with a surprized look on her face. " Happy birthday, Ganyu! " Lumine smiles at her. Ganyu smiles, but suddenly it fades. " I'm.. really sorry to trouble all of you.. " She looks away.

" You deserve it, you have helped all of us greatly. " Xiao walks over. " Heyy!! Now come on, let's enjoy the party now!! Xiao and Y/N also made some delicious cake! " Hu Tao chimes in.

" I.. usually don't like to eat sweets, however.. " Ganyu trails off. " I'll try it, just.. cut a small peice of cake for me, please? " She look up at us again, while Xiao steps back a little. I smile. Soon, we start eating, while Ganyu took little bites out of Chongyun and Xingqiu's crackers they prepared. We all continue to chat, while Xiao stays quiet.

Venti begins to play a tune on his Lyre, while Ganyu smiled shyly. Soon, it's time for the birthday cake.

Zhongli grabbed a match stick, lighting it on fire. He quickly lights the candles, while Ganyu sits in front of the cake. " Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you! " Venti plays a little tune while the rest of us sing. " Happy birthday dear Ganyu, happy birthday to you! " We finish off, while Ganyu blew out the candles. We all clapped, as we started eating cake.

Soon, Xiao gave Ganyu his gift, it was a bunch of seeds for gardening, and some gardening tools. Ganyus eyes sparkle, I remember how she told me that she always wanted to garden, though she never had the right tools and such for it.

·̩͙꒰ঌ✞໒꒱· °

As the party came to an end, we all help clean up. Soon, everyone starts heading home, leaving me, Xiao, Ganyu and Zhongli. " ..Thank you for celebrating my birthday! " Ganyu's tone of voice became soft. " I smiled. " You're welcome, you deserved it! " I begin to put on my jacket, boots, and accessories.

Suddenly, I feel a warm hand on mine, right when I was about to head outside. " Y/N. " Xiao continues. " Thank you again for helping.. " Xiao leaves a cat phone charm in my hand. " It's a.. early Christmas gift for you. " He looks away. I thank him, smiling.

Soon, I leave. The soft falling snow relaxed me.

As I look at the phone charm he gave me, I smile. Is this a.. crush?

—˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

A/N
IM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED THIS BOOK FOR AWHILE, MY FRIEND SHOWED ME A GAME CALLED OBEY ME AND NOW I CANT STOP PLAYING...
also, my March break ended, so I don't have a lot of time to work on my books anymore ;(

WORD COUNT - 2696 words!

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1M 55.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
1M 29K 15
Cover by @ivoryjade_ What will happen when your father/mother sends you to a magical village in Colombia? And what will you do when there you are ove...
4.8K 128 21
xiao x reader , modern au , smau ! ☆ ─ clueless xiao that doesn't know what to do with his little crush ♡
252K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...