We'll always be by your side...

By DaceRed

This is an RWBY fanfic in which the Winter Soldier meets RWBY. The reader was born without Semblance or Aura... More

Moving forward
Bio
Notes
Harem
Initiation of Beacon
A common student
Getting used to Beacon
Training
Hydra Bunker
A secret to keep
End of the line?
Vendetta
The Winter Soldier
Unfrozen
The reunion
Return to home
Data
At Beacon again
Testing the strength
The not so date
The day that never happened
Disguised
The talk
A Deal
Almost Subtle
By your side
Aftermath
Saved
New Assignment
A Situation
Discussion
A little upgrade
Doing a favor
The better date
Coincidences
Shipment
The cargo
Return
Mines
Ambush
Active

Towards the winter

931 35 4
By DaceRed

(Next Day)

(Y/N) was ready to board the Bullhead that would bring him to Atlas.

Summer: Good luck, Buck.

(Y/N): Here, take these.

He handed her the keys to his home.

(Y/N): Please rest, and take care... If you come across Quill, Raven, or Cinder, tell them they can stay in my home if they also need to keep a low profile.

He kisses and hugs her.

(Y/N): See you.

He stepped in the Bullhead, and it took off.

(Y/N): It's a long way to Atlas...

He sat down.

(Y/N): Wonder what the future holds for me.

Suddenly he sees a black bird in front of him.

(Y/N): ...what?

The bird flew toward (Y/N)'s shoulder and poked him on the cheek.

(Y/N): B-buddy, you are a little too big for my shoulder. Here try my metal arm.

The bird went to his arm.

(Y/N): How did you sneak in here?

He looked at the bird.

(Y/N): You seem to be a raven... Oum, I'm talking to a bird... But you seemed to understand me...

Raven's POV

I managed to sneak my way to (Y/N). He seems pretty curious about me.

(Y/N): Can you open your wings?

I did as he said.

(Y/N): That couldn't be by chance. You do understand me.

I croaked.

(Y/N): Do you wanna a pat?

Does he want to pat me? H-how embarrassing... but it wouldn't hurt to have a little bit... from him...

(Y/N): Here we go.

It feels good... What am I thinking....?

At Beacon

Summer's POV

Wonder where the rest are.

Quill: Oh, I finally found you.

Summer: Hey there, Quill. (Y/N) left for Atlas a couple of minutes ago.

Quill: Sad because you can't be with him?

Summer: How d- I mean, what are you talking about?

Quill: So predictable.

Summer: Was it that obvious?

Quill: Well, Raven and I knew it from the beginning. Olivia and Cinder figured it out pretty quickly, and I deduce that Ruby and Yang should know it by now.

She said all that while flipping a coin.

Summer: Yeah, yeah, I get it... Talking about (Y/N), he offered his home for us to stay low.

Quill: Oh yeah? Nice! That's too kind of him.

She keeps flipping her coin.

Summer: So, are you testing your luck?

Quill: Kind of. (Y/N) believes that I have the potential to manipulate bad luck. The kid wants me to get 20 times the side I want.

Summer: Hell! Now that is a challenge.

Quill: Better than doing nothing about it.

With (Y/N)

Raven's POV

We are almost at Atlas. (Y/N) is inspecting me again. He is very curious.

(Y/N): So, buddy, if you are a male, fly to my left arm if not to my right.

I went to his right arm.

(Y/N): I see.

He pats me again.

(Y/N): I still don't get why you want to travel to a cold place like Atlas, or are you just a raven that likes to see the world?

I croaked and flew to his shoulder. I poked his cheek again.

(Y/N): Oh, I guess we arrived.

He put on a jacket and gloves.

Third-person view.

Once they got out of the Bullhead. Raven flew away.

(Y/N): That was an odd experience.

Winter: You are here (Y/N).

(Y/N): As you requested, General Winter.

Winter: No need for you to refer to me as that. Just call me Winter.

(Y/N): Understood, Winter.

Winter: I assume you are already familiar with the entire Atlas Military facility.

(Y/N): Yeah, the "other me" did, and now so do I.

Winter: I understand... well then, I will take you to where you will stay.

After a while, they arrived at the Schnee Manor.

(Y/N): Fancy place.

Winter: Come on in. This is the safest place I can think of so that nothing unexpected happens.

(Y/N): Okay... *There's no way I'll be staying here... I killed the owner of this place... Dammit, I should've stayed on Beacon.*

He tried his best not to give it out something suspicious.

Winter: Everybody here already knew of your arrival.

They chatted for a bit.

Willow: Oh my, Is this the guest you talked to me about, Winter?

Winter: That's correct.

Willow: Greetings. I am Willow Schnee.

(Y/N): I'm (Y/N) Buchanan Barnes. Pleased to meet you.

Willow: My my, such an educated young man. Why don't we show you around the manor? You can leave your equipment here, later it will be taken to your room.

(Y/N): You sure? I don't wanna be a burden, y'know...

Willow: So considerate, but there is no problem, trust me.

He left the equipment there.

Winter: Come, follow us.

While walking around the manor, (Y/N) couldn't help looking at the pictures and paintings, but one caught his attention in particular.

(Y/N): *A family photo, hm, Weiss and Winter have an uncomfortable expression, how odd.*

Once they finished, they showed him his room. All his equipment was already there.

Willow: That's all. You must be hungry, why don't you accompany us for dinner?

(Y/N): ...Thank you very much.

At the dinner, they chatted about Atlas's situation, and Winter explained to him that they were targeting some agents that went a rouge week ago.

(Y/N): Yeah, I recognize those faces. If we want to capture them, we will have to outsmart them, or else they will slip through our hands. 

Willow: Oh my. Are you already talking about work? Relax a bit. Why don't you try some wine?

(Y/N): I... don't drink. Thanks for the offer though.

Willow: Ah, don't worry, it won't do anything to you.

(Y/N) just gave in to the offer and took the wine. 

Once finished dinner, (Y/N) went to rest in his room.

(Y/N): I should call Summer.

He took his scroll.

Summer: Hi, Buck! You finally called!

(Y/N): Hi, Summer. I'm glad I can talk with you. I was wondering how you were doing.

They talked for a while without noticing how time was passing. They were too focused on each other. Soon they realized it was late.

(Y/N): It's always nice to hear you, Summer.

Summer: I love you so much.

(Y/N): Me too, Summer.

He heard Quill in the background of the call.

Quill: I'm back! Oh, is that (Y/N)? Hey (Y/N)!

He chuckles.

(Y/N): Tell her I say hi. Goodbye, Summer. Please take care.

Summer: You too, and sweet dreams.

(Y/N) went to sleep... but he hadn't the sweet dreams Summer wished him.

-

The Winter Soldier was ordered to recover some of HYDRA's important property, "ready to comply." as he always says, watching over a man that recently acquired 5 of the super serums. The man left the place, straight home. The Winter Soldier acted quickly and followed him until they were on a not so transited road. The Winter Soldier made the vehicle lose control and crash. He quickly went to inspect the highly valuable case with the serums. But he noticed his objective crawl off. The Winter Soldier went to take care of the problem as he was ordered, "no witnesses." before acting, he saw the man's face, Jacques Schnee. The Winter Soldier got ready to engage.

-

(Y/N) woke up moving his metal arm with strength falling off the bed. He stood up, sweating, holding his head, trying to process everything. Soon he heard a sound coming from the window. It was the raven from earlier that day. It was insistent like it wanted him to open the window.

She saw everything.

50K reads milestone. Thanks for reading this story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.3K 1.7K 39
MY BEST ASSISTANT Working Title(s): RWBY: ULTIMATUM Dedicated to my dear friend RikerMun. Iron Man! Reader x RWBY #1 in SilverEyes #1 in rwbycrossove...
674 13 19
Disclaimer: I don't own Rwby, they belong to RoosterTeeth, nor do I own the rwby images Team LADR I own. I couldn't think of how to draw the final t...
618 11 11
[A RWBY FanFiction, I do not own RWBY as it is the sole property of RosterTeeth and created by Monty Oum (RIP he was a great mind among us all). I ow...
2.6K 45 16
This will follow the story of F/n a mysterious yet powerful boy who appears more than meets the eye as he prefers to his closely guarded his past to...